• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

gdt

I seem to've hit a bug where I can't store anything in my chests anymore. Even rebooted, got the same thing.

Anyone else got this?

Does the Axe of Whiterun have that? Can I just destroy that so I'll have the enchantment?

I can't remember. Read the description it'll say 'if target dies within X seconds, it's soul will be trapped' or something to that effect. If your enchanting level is currently quite low I probably wouldn't disechant it yet as you won't be able to enchant anything that good for a while.

I think the Axe of Whiterun is actually randomly generated. I can be any kind of axe enchanted with any kind of enchantment.

At least, that's what I read.

I can't remember. Read the description it'll say 'if target dies within X seconds, it's soul will be trapped' or something to that effect. If your enchanting level is currently quite low I probably wouldn't disechant it yet as you won't be able to enchant anything that good for a while.

Good stuff, thanks broseph. And yeah, it looks like the Axe of Whiterun does trap souls.

edit: ^ Oh damn. Mine turned out to be a soul trapper. That's cool that it's random.

off topic but the arrow to the knee jokes on youtube videos crack me up every time.

I used to give a fuck about those jokes... But then I took an arrow to the knee.

I kid, I kid, they're hilarious. Skyrim's delivered some great memes already. That, Lydia and FUS RO DAH.

AngryMoth

Urgh, my chest in breezehome is so full it takes like 4 seconds to deposit one item. The idea of selling all my stuff is pretty daunting tough it will probably takes hours. Might be time to start saving for the house in solitude.

Urgh, my chest in breezehome is so full it takes like 4 seconds to deposit one item. The idea of selling all my stuff is pretty daunting tough it will probably takes hours. Might be time to start saving for the house in solitude.

If you just start leaving your crap scattering on the floor will it stay there?

Yeah I've started doing that, but its a pain to manually pick up stuff when I need it. Kind of hard to find what I'm looking for when theres approximately 100 iron daggers of banishing on the floor :p

Nice. I'll have to start doing that soon too but I wasn't sure if it would disappear on me.

If you just start leaving your crap scattering on the floor will it stay there?

oiebK.jpg

AngryMoth

It definitely won't. The game as a whole seems really good about not getting rid of stuff you've dropped. I still walk past a bunch of potions I dropped 10+ hours ago every time I go into Dragons Reach.

NBtoaster

Yes! Finally found another doggy companion after 40 hours, when I lost my stray dog. The game still thought I had him, so I couldn't buy the dog in Makarth. Now I have Meeko.

meekotw564.jpg

The house in solitude is nowhere near as good for storage as the one in windhelm.

NBtoaster

You know there are multiple containers you can use in Breezehome right (when fully upgraded theres about 10)?

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Yes! Finally found another doggy companion after 40 hours, when I lost my stray dog. The game still thought I had him, so I couldn't buy the dog in Makarth. Now I have Meeko.

http://www.abload.de/img/meekotw564.jpg

<3

I found my first stray a few days back, and I was trying to get somewhere that I hadn't unlocked yet and was annoyed that I found him at just that time. So I just did my "climb the mountain" trick where I slide all around the sheer cliffs. Anyway, I do this for about 30 minutes until I finally find the place, and the dog is there in the bushes barking at me! I thought he was an enemy dog and almost killed him but he laid down and wagged his tail. :)

I was so surprised he found me and had been apparently following me 'on the ground' that whole time I was up in the cliffs.

scy

Where can I buy high quality fortify enchanting and smithing potions?

I would like to know this as well.

They're randomly generated on Alchemy Vendors. Not sure if there's ever really a constant supply.

If you're planning on making your own:
Fortify Enchanting: Blue Butterfly Wing, Hagraven Claw, Snowberries, Spriggan Sap
Fortify Smithing: Blisterwort, Glowing Mushroom, Sabre Cat Tooth, Spriggan Sap

Off-hand, I'm not sure what the highest a Vendor can get you is. I want to say it is only +50%.

bengraven

I think the first mod I want is the "better cities" mod.

The towns in this game are pathetically small and lacking in buildings.

Fucking January can't come soon enough.

Anyone actually complete the final test? Shit was hard!

I just found that chick with the free archery as well. I suppose if I would have climbed the mountains around Helgen I could have had the free levels when I was just starting out...maybe they assume you should have?

Astra

off topic but the arrow to the knee jokes on youtube videos crack me up every time.

Haha. The first time I saw that was on the video of the girls doing a piano/violin rendition of the Skyrim theme. Casually scrolling through the comments, and saw "I used to be able to play this like you... but then I took an arrow to the knee" I laughed. Hard.
No idea why, but it got me.

Skyrim's delivered some great memes already. That, Lydia and FUS RO DAH.

What's the Lydia one? "I'm sworn to carry your burdens -_-"?

bengraven

The only reason I don't use Lydia anymore is because she's the only housecarl who acts like she doesn't want to be there. "Sigh...I'm ssssworn to carry your burdens..."

Derrick01

Banned
I think the first mod I want is the "better cities" mod.

The towns in this game are pathetically small and lacking in buildings.

Fucking January can't come soon enough.

The ones without walls, therefore not really making them towns, kind of piss me off. There's only like 5 actual towns in the game and yeah they're not that big. But they put all 9 or whatever it is on the map making you think they're all real towns, but nope some are even smaller than Riverwood.

Astra

The only reason I don't use Lydia anymore is because she's the only housecarl who acts like she doesn't want to be there. "Sigh...I'm ssssworn to carry your burdens..."

I'm using Jordis now. I like her much better than Lydia, and enjoy her battle cries. "DIE BEAST" To a goat. For no reason. Just walking along, nice day. Goat walks by, and I continue on. Then I hear her scream "die beast" and turn around, and she's putting arrows into a poor, defenseless goat. What the hell, Jordis?

On a side-note, Karita at the Dawnstar inn cannot sing. At all.

That, and her stats are based on when you first met her. So, towards the later parts of the game, she needs amazing armor and weapons to be useful.

(Besides Aela is much hotter anyway :])

I think Aela is dead in my game. :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

That, and her stats are based on when you first met her. So, towards the later parts of the game, she needs amazing armor and weapons to be useful.

(Besides Aela is much hotter anyway :])

scy

"I'm sworn to carry your burdens" is endearing, in this whole "I will rocket you off a cliff" kind of way.

Besides, it's better than the Guards accusing my character of wanting to complain about stolen sweet rolls. Is there some grand theft of sweet rolls going on that I'm not aware of? Is there an "Of Stolent Sweet Rolls" book I've just not found?

Oh well. Gives me an excuse to murder guards.

"I'm sworn to carry your burdens" is endearing, in this whole "I will rocket you off a cliff" kind of way.

Besides, it's better than the Guards accusing my character of wanting to complain about stolen sweet rolls. Is there some grand theft of sweet rolls going on that I'm not aware of? Is there an "Of Stolent Sweet Rolls" book I've just not found?

The guards are all "Watch it, sneak thief!" around me when I've never been caught stealing anything ever. Just cause i'm a wood elf that's talented in stealth I must be a thief, huh! Buncha jerks.

(Ok so I have dabbled in stealing, but very little and only one character ever figured it out enough to send assassin's after me like 50 hours ago)

Atrus

Gold Member

Actually... my character steal sweet rolls whenever he can so it's oddly fitting. I kind of figure that in a world where all food appears to be boiled in a pot, sweet rolls would be considered a delicacy.

scy

The guards are all "Watch it, sneak thief!" around me when I've never been caught stealing anything ever. Just cause i'm a wood elf that's talented in stealth I must be a thief, huh! Buncha jerks.

(Ok so I have dabbled in stealing, but very little and only one character ever figured it out enough to send assassin's after me like 50 hours ago)

This utterly frustrated me on my first character. I just kept assuming that my save/reloading when I was Pickpocket grinding had fumbled somewhere (since the subtitles sure as hell did) and they just ... knew. Them and their beady little eyes, following me. Watching my every move.

That or the fact I stole all their armor.

bengraven

The ones without walls, therefore not really making them towns, kind of piss me off. There's only like 5 actual towns in the game and yeah they're not that big. But they put all 9 or whatever it is on the map making you think they're all real towns, but nope some are even smaller than Riverwood.

This, too.

The ones with walls piss me off the most.

Solitude: T-shaped town with maybe 2 or three buildings on each side of the street.

Whiterun: three "districts" lol. "Have you ever been to the cloud district...I didn't think so" Um, bitch, the Cloud District is just the fucking castle.

Markath: looks the best, but then you realize it's just a really big city with one building every 500 feet

Windhelm: the "Grey Quarter" is an alleyway with three or four doors.

I miss Vivec. I miss the Imperial City and that place left me disappointed as well. Why does every town have only three shops? Why do(did) I have to run to multiple cities just to sell the shit I pulled from a dungeon (before I got the economy mod)? Why isn't there an actual capitol? Why isn't there houses for non-essential people that I can enter and just rob without worrying that I'm fucking up a story line?

Hell, some of the villages feel like they have more personality.

It wasn't as bad back when I thought you could marry her.

Something about the "I'm SWORN to carry your burdens" sounds like a sarcastic wife quip about her vows.

pahamrick

It wasn't as bad back when I thought you could marry her.

Something about the "I'm SWORN to carry your burdens" sounds like a sarcastic wife quip about her vows.

Actually, you can marry her. She's listed in the guide as one of the females you can marry, it just turns out Bethesda messed up the code for her and she doesn't have the trigger to activate it when you talk to her with the amulet on. There's a console command you can use to reactivate it and marry her.

I just figured all the guards in my game were racist against khajit.

I find it hilarious that they force most of the khajit to trade outside of towns because they're dirty thieves, yet I can just stroll into the palace in full thieves guild armor without a problem.

The small towns are kind of annoying (especially for selling loot) but I think they add to the atmosphere of Skyrim as a more desolate, inhospitable place. Though a few larger cities in the southern areas could have been justified.

Top Bottom