• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Holy SHIT! I just went for a long wander in the wilderness. Pretty sure I was jumping up to a plane so steep I was pretty sure you shouldn't be able to go there and found some place called 'Kagrenzel'. Needless to say, I had stumbled upon a fucking AWESOME dungeon. I won't spoil what happens when you find it, but it is quite literally the perfect example of how well designed the world of this game is. GODDAMN!

I might have to pull Wulf out of retirement for that one. Thanks!

Speaking of which, I found a fort today down south. I think it was called Eastwatch or something. Found a man inside who wanted me to help him find his wife, who he thinks was captured by the bandits inside. Spoiler stuff.
His wife was the bandit chief, and had left him. I dissevered this first by killing her, no questions asked, then reloading and talking to her first. She gave me her ring to give to him. I then killed her (paralyzing shot then pounded arrows into her body like she was a board and I had a nail gun). I returned the ring to the guy without telling him his wife was A) a bandit and B) dead. He runs off to talk to her, and my next objective is to go back an talk to her to tell her I gave her the ring.
I left, but I'm pretty sure I broke the quest. I'll check tomorrow to be sure.
I did that quest too, and I broke it too at first. I reloaded one of my autosaves and
told her I'd deliver the ring to her husband
. I did, secretly with the intention of
killing her afterwards
She confronted me afterwards, though, and thanked me. She also said "I would see her again", and I just couldn't kill her after that mysterious remark.

The Draugr Deathlord I found at level 6 or so would like to have a word with you. :lol

Rokam

So fuck those guys you fight on the Forbidden Legend quest
namely the asshole who splits and not only has Unrelenting Force, but the Disarm shout too, I lost my weapon because of him and had to use my weak ass fire to kill him :(

Does anyone know if there's a workaround yet to get back into Jorrvaskr? It still says "Requires a Key" for me throughout the day. It somehow got this way during my playthrough because in one of my ancient saves I can enter. Maybe it is somehow glitched that I have to complete something else first. Already killed that Giant in the fields. I'm not the only one with this problem as well.

Mik2121

Let me know what you think!

Can't find it! :p Then again, I don't have much unlocked on the East side. Is it close to Riften? I'm there right now.

I know you found the Black-Briar lodge after that, and that one is pretty much east of Riften. I guess the place you're talking about is north from there, right? Maybe near Shor's Stone?

Anteater

Man I kind of hate how npcs wouldn't leave an area if they aggroed an enemy, was in this area and I find all of them hugging the wall, I looked underneath and I couldn't find any enemies, and they're just all standing there, so I looked up the roof and there was a Falmer standing still there, had to kill it with arrows before they could finally move and get the fuck out >_>

Can't find it! :p Then again, I don't have much unlocked on the East side. Is it close to Riften? I'm there right now.

I know you found the Black-Briar lodge after that, and that one is pretty much east of Riften. I guess the place you're talking about is north from there, right? Maybe near Shor's Stone?

Yeah its North of Black Briar Lodge and north of Fellowstone Cave. Quite a bit further up, actually. In the mountainside on the East. Pretty much parallel to the steamy swamps on the map.

AEREC

What the hell... I assume this is a new 1.2 "feature":

(Companions questline spoiler)
Went to the Skyforge when I spotted Skjor alive and well, walking around Jorvaskarr :/

I wonder if that's gonna stick on my savefile if I keep playing. Eh. I'm done with that stuff anyway.

He's still
dead in my game, but his body is just laying in his room in Jorvaskarr...even though he actually died in that Silver Hand fort

Mik2121

Ah, just found Kagrenzel. But there are actually some HUGE stairs that let you get up there, I didn't have to climb any steep mountain :p

Anyway, the place looks huge from the outside, so I will go there after dinner (gotta eat in some 10-15 mins). I will just check the outside first and go sell some stuff just in case I end up encumbered leaving this place :p

Monocle

Seriously, my character is such a boss. Named him Nordaheem (un-original I know lol).

NIBZYDovakhinBoss.jpg

NIBZYDovakhin3.jpg

NIBZYDovakhin2.jpg

Also I LOVE Solitude. My fave city now. Less diverse or elaborate than Markarth, but just more homely and picturesque. Beautiful stone work, grand architecture, amazing culturally rich decorations, warmth, life, kids running around in the streets, flowers, banners, robes, gorgeous mountain in the backdrop etc etc. Decided it's going to be my main city of residence. People here are much nicer than other places in Skyrim too.
Damn, he looks like he could eat an entire roasted pig, step outside to kick Aragorn's ass, and get back to the banquet before the dessert chime rings.

Haha, awesome.

metalshade

Something that annoys me, when I first started playing around with enchanting, I disenchanted a low level set of robes that gave me like 5% less cost for destruct spells, 25% faster magica regen. However, I have picked up some master robes with like 75% less cost and 150% regen rate, but I cant disenchant the robes because it says I already know that enchantment.
Does that mean that I am stuck with the low level forever?
I feel like I must be missing something.

Log4Girlz

Something that annoys me, when I first started playing around with enchanting, I disenchanted a low level set of robes that gave me like 5% less cost for destruct spells, 25% faster magica regen. However, I have picked up some master robes with like 75% less cost and 150% regen rate, but I cant disenchant the robes because it says I already know that enchantment.

No. Get your enchanting up, use a black or grand soul gem with grand soul and you can make equivalent gear.

Monocle

Once you learn a property, you have it. The stats of the item you disenchanted don't matter. Your perks, your enchanting level, and the size of the soul you've chosen to use determine the strength of your enchantments.

metalshade

No. Get your enchanting up, use a black or grand soul gem with grand soul and you can make equivalent gear.

So the level of the enchant that I take doesnt matter, its my enchant skill and type of soul gem I use that makes the stats better? I guess all the disenchant does is teach me how to make the spell at all, it does not matter what the level of the spell I learn from?
*edit-beaten in my own ruminations*

Monocle

Killing him is probably the only moral boundary I wouldn't cross in the whole game. Even if I miss out on cool stuff.
Yeah, same here. As soon as I got that mission to
kill Paarthurnax
I knocked the lady to the floor and went all Palpatine on her ass. Sent her flailing across the room with Unrelenting Force too. Don't tell a battlemage to
murder his favorite dragon bud
, bitch.

Mik2121

Hey Sculli, I think I cleared the dungeon? (it says 'cleared' on the map, anyway).

I'm not sure if I did actually see it all, but what I saw was so cool. I guess the correct path is:

- Activate the orb
- Fall down to the water and climb your way up fighting those slim gollum-like guys (forgot their names).
- Enter this cave and leave through the actual 'entrance' at the bottom of the mountain where the original dungeon was.

Or did I miss something? Either way, the whole fall to the bottom of the dungeon was pretty cool. What was that orb though? :p

Hey Sculli, I think I cleared the dungeon? (it says 'cleared' on the map, anyway).

I'm not sure if I did actually see it all, but what I saw was so cool. I guess the correct path is:

- Activate the orb
- Fall down to the water and climb your way up fighting those slim gollum-like guys (forgot their names).
- Enter this cave and leave through the actual 'entrance' at the bottom of the mountain where the original dungeon was.

Or did I miss something? Either way, the whole fall to the bottom of the dungeon was pretty cool. What was that orb though? :p

Yeah that was it. I just stumbled upon that place randomly and the design of it to come out where it did just really impressed the hell out of me.

Mik2121

Yeah that was it. I just stumbled upon that place randomly and the design of it to come out where it did just really impressed the hell out of me.

Yeah, really enjoyed the ride. Some of the dungeons and caves in the game are quite fun, though a few are a bit more 'monotonous'. I also like certain dungeons with "puzzles" or other gimmicks. Oh and also the traps. Some of them are great, and being able to spot all them and activate them when an enemy is close is so much fun :__)

bengraven

Does a site have all the potential wives listed with pictures? So far my faves are Miura, the girl who wants a Kajit trading post in Whiterun and the Bard girl at the Inn in Solitude. Don't know if the latter can be wed.

Sadly, only the trading post girl (Ysolda) can be married and she was already married to me. Got sick of the fact that I couldn't change her out of her rags and she always looked sad.

Fezan

So after completing some side quest i am getting symptoms of vamprism.
how to cure it without turning into vampire ?

Dunlop

I never realized I could take the shell of my old 20GB HD and put it in the Slim

While I wouldnt call it fast, the load times are SO much better than on my usb drive

I will never pay the Microsoft markup on a HDD :p

FHIZ

I found Aela! :D

You lost her too? I was doing one of the later Mage Guild quests where you have to find the three books, and there came a point where she just wasn't following me anymore... I checked back home (as she's also my wife) and no go, so now I have f'ing Lydia following me, who I'm going to fus ro dah off the top of the Throat of the World the next time I get a chance... I guess I should go back to the dungeon where I last saw her.

Derrick01

Banned
So late last night I decided to start over for the 3rd time but as a mage. I've started off using the basic fire and lightning spells but in all honestly I have no clue how to really play as a mage effectively. What should I find to level up the other schools?

Also I don't want to cheapen my experience by using whatever that enchanting trick is to reduce magic costs to 0. At least not yet.

ShinNL

This resistance bug needs to be fixed soon. I'm lv25 and anything elemental (this includes pretty much all dragons) is frying my char that I specifically made because of the new patch. So now I can't play 2 of my chars. This awesome shield I found with fortify health + magic resistance does nothing! And there's absolutely no way for me to battle without resist, since I don't use a bow and I don't have destruction magic: my main attack is Falcon Punch (unarmed) :mad:

And not switching to anything lower than Master, that's utterly crap. Fix this damn bug that Steam auto-updated on me. And screw Bethesda for rolling it out on Steam even though it was clear it had this bug on PS3 and Xbox360.

I had to run from dragons FFS. You know how much money and souls I'm missing out :mad: !?

lil smoke

Banned
Faendal died on me last night. First mission in game led me to Faendal, he's been behind me, sure 10-20 yards behind, but he has had my back since day one.

And he died because he moseyed in front of me while I was slicing up a friggin mudcrab. It was dark. There was no load save, I had been shitting around for hours :( I incumberdly drug his corpse about 10 minutes to a windmill and I hope it stays there. I was toying with the possibility of taking the body home, but quickly realized he wouldn't go thru the gates, right?

Anyways, he actually sucked. He leveled me up in archery, but won't use his own damn bow. He just creeps up on you in a battle when there are tons of other guys to kill, he wants the one I'm burning or slicing. Then I always have to back off and let get knelt down so I can get back at it. He's a bitch. You can't walk around a pebble without this guy taking the scenic route. Sometimes I have to wait 4 hours for him to find his way back to me.

I have Lydia at home, and can't wait to see if she can do better.

AngryMoth

Third time I've asked this question but I'm REALLY interested to know the answer. Does anyone know if theres a quest related to the (main quest spoiler) s
ilent
c
ity
. I was exploring there and found a gate in the main tower which wouldn't open for no apparent reason.

Shoogoo

I just finished the quest in Kolskeggr mine yet the map doesnt display '♦ Cleared' below the name, is the game trying to tell me that I forgot something there?

brentech

Third time I've asked this question but I'm REALLY interested to know the answer. Does anyone know if theres a quest related to the (main quest spoiler) s
ilent
c
ity
. I was exploring there and found a gate in the main tower which wouldn't open for no apparent reason.

I've finished the main quest and don't know what this place is. I must assume it's part of something else.

AEREC

You know what would make the Dungeons a lot cooler and more atmospheric...complete darkness, which is how they should be anyways.

It would certainly make using a torch more useful and the Kahjits, seeing in the dark ability, have a reason for being there.

Hopefully some mods come out next year that will create more realistic lighting conditions for Dungeons and outside as well.

It would have also been cool if they made dungeons so that you could light torches placed on the wall...so that you could tell where you've been.

AEREC

I just finished the quest in Kolskeggr mine yet the map doesnt display '♦ Cleared' below the name, is the game trying to tell me that I forgot something there?

I completed that mine too where you have to clear out the Forsworn...but I remember seeing another hole you could drop down into, so maybe there is more to it. Also it could be because it's just a mine and not a dungeon.

Aurora

You know what would make the Dungeons a lot cooler and more atmospheric...complete darkness, which is how they should be anyways.

It would certainly make using a torch more useful and the Kahjits, seeing in the dark ability, have a reason for being there.
It's one of my most used abilities/magic in the entire game. I have it on 90% of the time in a dungeon or at night. I really don't know how people can navigate around without it unless they boost brightness up to insane levels in the options menu.

^ Awesome mountain picture by the way.

Hopefully some mods come out next year that will create more realistic lighting conditions for Dungeons and outside as well.

It would have also been cool if they made dungeons so that you could light torches placed on the wall...so that you could tell where you've been.

Agreed. I always thought it odd, that you enter these dungeons that supposedly no one has entered in for years and you get behind a super locked puzzle door and there are these laterns guiding the path for you.

Top Bottom