• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Do current bounties affect your success in Thieves Guild missions? I had one to steal an item from the Whiterun Stables, got in and out with no problems but when I handed it in Vex told me I'd been arrested and I failed the quest. I'm not even sure I have a bounty at the moment anyway.

Edit: So I doubled checked and I don't seem to have any bounty in Whiterun, at least the guards aren't entering into conversation with me.

metalshade

I have an item in my weapons inventory, called dravins bow or something, and I cannot get rid of it cos it says it is a quest item, but I have no quest listed for it, I have had it in my game for about 100 hours and I want it gone...help?
Also are they planning on implementing proper companion commands a la fallout, like telling them to be passive or agressive etc, because if they arent, that is a huge stupid move.
Other than that, over 100 hours spent, not a single bug or glitch, very pleased. (Xbox.)

According to the wiki, Dravin's Bow is a quest item for a quest you get from a farm around Riften called MerryFair Farm. I've picked it up myself, but if it's anything like the other quest items I've picked up before receiving the quest, I'm not hopeful of getting rid of it.

Whadda you know, it worked. Quest completed, no more bow in my inventory.

metalshade

According to the wiki, Dravin's Bow is a quest item for a quest you get from a farm around Riften called MerryFair Farm. I've picked it up myself, but if it's anything like the other quest items I've picked up before receiving the quest, I'm not hopeful of getting rid of it.

Whadda you know, it worked. Quest completed, no more bow in my inventory.

checked the skyrim wiki for dravins bow, not found. found it elsewhere tho, now about to try to do it, but thanks for your help, I was having one of those durr moments where I completely forgot that I can type ANYTHING into google and get an answer. :-(

metalshade

Dunno' whether it's been posted but arrow in the knee has now become a meme.
And why shouldnt it?
I was gonna play some battlefield 3, but then I got an arrow in the knee.
I have BF3, MW3, fusion genesis, and a few others all just sitting there.....weeping.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ok these Daedric quests thing bother me. Why would I help gods or whatever that want to eat people to kill people that appear innocent? Is there a way to just kill those guys or what? I'm not playing a servant of demons:p

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Most of them are pretty evil yo.

K but this is stupid if you can't do quests that go in the opposite direction, like kill those evil dudes. Sorts of feels cheap to me.

Same thing with the Bard in Makrath. Why the fuck would I help some stupid elf find out the bard worships Thalos? The bard seems like a good guy. That's what I hate about this game, you are basically an idiot just doing everything for everyone.

At least in Whiterun I had the choice to help the girl from the Inn or get her captured.

MrBig

Ok these Daedric quests thing bother me. Why would I help gods or whatever that want to eat people to kill people that appear innocent? Is there a way to just kill those guys or what? I'm not playing a servant of demons:p

Yes if you are talking about the
cannibals
, you can just kill them all. I did. Do whatever you want, its a free-roaming game.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yes if you are talking about the
cannibals
, you can just kill them all. I did. Do whatever you want, its a free-roaming game.

There is that and the
demon under the house in Makrath who wants me to bring him some guy to kill, and the elf asking to get proofs the bard worships Thalos. I'll kill the stupid cannibals

Grisby

K but this is stupid if you can't do quests that go in the opposite direction, like kill those evil dudes. Sorts of feels cheap to me.

Same thing with the Bard in Makrath. Why the fuck would I help some stupid elf find out the bard worships Thalos? The bard seems like a good guy. That's what I hate about this game, you are basically an idiot just doing everything for everyone.

At least in Whiterun I had the choice to help the girl from the Inn or get her captured.
Yeah, I mean, if I remember correctly most of the Daedra quests in Oblivion were based around evil too. Just some of them were funny.

I mean, you don't have to do them technically. But it would have been cool maybe to fight each one in some separate fashion. Personally, I kind of role played my guy as a do-gooder who eventually fell into the Daedra deceptions.

Hazanko

Banned

I don't like how the quests are set out either. It's like I'm being forced to do it a certain way, there just isn't any choice. When I did loads of quests I felt like the game wanted me to just be this guy that does any evil thing.

I wanted to make a good character at the time, so it kinda annoyed me. I even did some quest expecting a choice at the end but I didn't get one.

kvn

Ok just want to add another rant on the shitty civil war questline. The atmosphere in this game somehow keeps getting worse and worse for me.

As I've already mentioned, I finished the quests and
reunited
. So this Tullius guy honors me for
reuniting Skyrim
and tells me to
wipe out any remaining Stormcloak camps I stumble upon
. So what logically happens: I find a camp, kill everybody, camp Stormcloak chief comes at me, is
immortal
. Wtf? Why?
Next thing: Apparently nobody from the participating armies told anybody in this fucking world that the
freaking war is over, goddamnit
. They still keep talking bs like the war is awful, they are Stormcloaks or whatever and that Ulfric is awesome.
No you stupid pieces of shit, Ulfric is freaking dead and the fucking war is over!!
. Why Beth why? This is such an atmosphere killer...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I don't like how the quests are set out either. It's like I'm being forced to do it a certain way, there just isn't any choice. When I did loads of quests I felt like the game wanted me to just be this guy that does any evil thing.

I wanted to make a good character at the time, so it kinda annoyed me. I even did some quest expecting a choice at the end but I didn't get one.

Well so far I have been a good guy. I mean it's fine if things are grey, but when not the case you should have a choice. The girl in the inn in Whiterun, you can either help her, or get her arrested. I helped her. That was good. Being forced to work for cannibals (or having no clear quest to do the opposite than helping them), or not being able to tell the bard that the elf is after him, is really cheap for a game like this.

They should have had some counter quests against the daedric ones at least.

Hazanko

Banned
Ok just want to add another rant on the shitty civil war questline. The atmosphere in this game somehow keeps getting worse and worse for me.

reunited
reuniting Skyrim
and tells me to
. So what logically happens: I find a camp, kill everybody, camp Stormcloak chief comes at me, is
immortal
. Wtf? Why?
Next thing: Apparently nobody from the participating armies told anybody in this fucking world that the
. They still keep talking bs like the war is awful, they are Stormcloaks or whatever and that Ulfric is awesome.
No you stupid pieces of shit, Ulfric is freaking dead and the fucking war is over!!

I agree, it felt rushed. I felt the same way at the end. No idea what Bethesda was thinking about
when they made it seem like the war wasn't over, wtf? How could they not bother changing that.

kvn

I agree, it felt rushed. I felt the same way at the end. No idea what Bethesda was thinking about
when they made it seem like the war wasn't over, wtf? How could they not bother changing that.

Exactly. The best thing is that the corpses of
Ulfric and that guy with the awesome voice
are STILL lying
on the throne, where I killed them.
. Quest-wise this game is horrible. Please prove me wrong.

Yeah, it will be able to be used like any other owned horse in my experience. I had it for only a very short while before I got shadowmere

Could you briefly explain horse ownership in the game? It's my first one. I'm assuming it's not as convenient as RDR's horse system?

NBtoaster

hkbojf0z.jpg

I cheated to get the horse, but I wonder if it's possible to get him "legit". Sometimes the headless horseman spawns without his horse, wonder if the horse can spawn without the horseman.

Of course I'm just messing around with the console, I do everything legit, I'll continue from a save before I got the horse ;)

TTG

I'm over 15 hours in now(at least that's what it says, it's been sitting on pause for stretches of time though) and I still don't have a lot of major quest lines open. Joined the companions and then promptly walked out as soon as the first real quest started, hiked all the way up the mountain to open the main quest and then went off to the capital of the Stormcloaks in hopes of joining the assassin guild(but oh no, it's just a lonely kid) so I joined up with the Stormcloaks instead. Finally found the thieves guild, just stumbled on Rifton basically. Can't believe that's how long it's taken just to do THAT, but then again I haven't played a game of this size since Oblivion. Also getting sidetracked on every possible thing is slowing me down :D

Quick question, can I treat the Stormcloaks/Imperial conflict like I did the "houses" quests in Morrowind? Meaning I join up with both and push until I inevitably have to pick sides. It's really a toss up right now, Imperials did have some fucked up shit going on at the very beginning, but it appears now that the Stormcloaks are a bunch of rascist assholes. Also, how significant is the Azura shrine? It's way out on the edge of nowhere, but everyone keeps talking about it...

GhaleonEB

Awesome. Where abouts is this Snapleg Cave? I'd love to go explore there, but don't want to use an official map. Seems more fun when you're given verbal directions - more like you've actually accomplished something by finding it.

Agree, I haven't looked at a map for Skyrim. That would defeat the point of the game.

Darkwater Pass/Snapleg Cave is just about in the dead center of the south eastern alcove where Riften is found. There's a u-shaped mountain shelf that leads to the plateau as you go south. If you've found Ivarstead, a settlement on the west side of that area (near the mountain pass), head straight east and a touch north. If you find Sarethi Farm, it's to the north. Nothing as clever as the one you found, but the view is pretty spectacular from the top. The quest I got from the mine is leading interesting places.

Dommel

Could you briefly explain horse ownership in the game? It's my first one. I'm assuming it's not as convenient as RDR's horse system?

My Frost died today, by accident.

And by accident I mean he ran up the stairs in a fort to attack a bandit I didn't even see and then plummeted to his death trying to return to me.

God damn, that was one brave horse. Stupid, but brave.

GhaleonEB

My Frost died today, by accident.

And by accident I mean he ran up the stairs in a fort to attack a bandit I didn't even see and then plummeted to his death trying to return to me.

God damn, that was one brave horse. Stupid, but brave.

I'd like to have that horse. Mine has a yellow streak a mile wide. I will dismount to shoot a lone wolf - I one-shot them - and turn around to see he's scattered to who knows where in terror, leaving me to go on foot the rest of the trip.

Arjen

I'm afraid im getting a bit to powerfull (level 42), i got sneak and archery around level 94, playing on master, and there is hardly anything that can kill me, i kill giants with 2 shots and thats without abusing smithing/enchanting. Slow time perk on archery is just insanly powerfull.
Guess i'll have to switch to some other type of combat to make it more challenging.

Agree, I haven't looked at a map for Skyrim. That would defeat the point of the game.

Darkwater Pass/Snapleg Cave is just about in the dead center of the south eastern alcove where Riften is found. There's a u-shaped mountain shelf that leads to the plateau as you go south. If you've found Ivarstead, a settlement on the west side of that area (near the mountain pass), head straight east and a touch north. If you find Sarethi Farm, it's to the north. Nothing as clever as the one you found, but the view is pretty spectacular from the top. The quest I got from the mine is leading interesting places.

Cheers. Will check it out later today.

lucius

So I got my smithing up to 100 and got the 2 Dragon armor sets, I think it looks kind of weird prefer the Steelplate armor and the looks of the Glass armor although the latter doesn't protect very well.

100 hours in this game and still enjoying it very much.

is there any way to resurrect
Shadowmere
? I, erm, got driven by enthusiasm and fallen off of a extremely high cliff. Thought fella was immortal or something

also, is there a full map available? I want to know how many goddamn places I still have to find

Vire

Shadowmere
? I, erm, got driven by enthusiasm and fallen off of a extremely high cliff. Thought fella was immortal or something

I'd like to know this as well. Mine just magically disappeared and I don't know where he went. :/

gblues

Banned
Shadowmere

also, is there a full map available? I want to know how many goddamn places I still have to find

Have you tried visiting the pool where you found him in the first place, outside the
original dark brotherhood sanctuary
?

Derrick01

Banned

reunited
reuniting Skyrim
and tells me to
immortal
. Wtf? Why?

This is the primary difference between Bethesda and someone like Obsidian, who would have done what you talked about in those spoilers. The quests by and large feel incredibly rushed and shallow in this game.

scy

Well so far I have been a good guy. I mean it's fine if things are grey, but when not the case you should have a choice. The girl in the inn in Whiterun, you can either help her, or get her arrested. I helped her. That was good. Being forced to work for cannibals (or having no clear quest to do the opposite than helping them), or not being able to tell the bard that the elf is after him, is really cheap for a game like this.

They should have had some counter quests against the daedric ones at least.

Fun thing about that quest from Whiterun is you have four solutions:
Turn her whereabouts in, collect reward; either give up the information or betray her at the cave results in the same.
Kill them all and tell her she is safe.
Turn her in and then kill Keatu when he arrives.
Turn her in and then kill her after Keatu pays you; you can then kill Keatu for some more money.

The last two even have dialogue for it (one explaining your betrayal if you spare her, the other with Keatu saying you ruined everything if you kill her).

voltron

So I left Lydia at a cave while I fast travelled to a town because I knew there was a dragon there. Couple hours later I cant find her.

Any chance shes back at HQ or she probably dead? A bit reckless of me for sure.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
I'm really hating how a lot of the better armor seems to look bad compared to less useful types. I've been rolling around in my Penitus Oculatus armor for a while now, for no practical reason, other than I really like how it looks:
HBdqQ.jpgc

oneils

I'm really hating how a lot of the better armor seems to look bad compared to less useful types. I've been rolling around in my Penitus Oculatus armor for a while now, for no practical reason, other than I really like how it looks:
HBdqQ.jpgc

I kind of agree. I am using Dragonbone Armour, but I like the look of the other armour sets better. Of all the heavy armours, I actually prefer the steel plate.

However, I created a new character a while back and made him skinny and was surprised how terrible some of the "native" armour sets looked on him. Specifically the scale armour that the dude in the trailer wears. It looks awful on him because of his skinny arms.

Atrus

Gold Member
Wow. Over 50 hours in and its true, I have just barely even scratched the surface.

Don't worry. I've got over 150 hours and I'm a little over 2/3rds through if you don't count finishing the Thieves Guild, Assassin Guild, Mage Guild, and Fighter's guild quests, picking a side on the civil war, or getting all the houses that I still haven't done.

bengraven

Do current bounties affect your success in Thieves Guild missions? I had one to steal an item from the Whiterun Stables, got in and out with no problems but when I handed it in Vex told me I'd been arrested and I failed the quest. I'm not even sure I have a bounty at the moment anyway.

Edit: So I doubled checked and I don't seem to have any bounty in Whiterun, at least the guards aren't entering into conversation with me.

This happened to me.

I've only been arrested once and it was about 10-20 hours ago. I was likely on a contract with Vex (considering I've had her contracts in my queue consistantly since hour 5 or 6) but I know I never got arrested in the area she was asking me to go.

Yet here I was, 10 or 20 hours after getting arrested being told by Vex that I was arrested and won't be getting paid. Um, wait, what?

I got arrested because I accidently Fos do rahed three guards in Whiterun when your contract was for Markath you moron.

3phemeral

I've been holding off on using the "A Night to Remember's"
Sanguine Rose
and man, why did I ever avoid it. Awesome awesome awesome. Having a companion + that and yourself is just fun in hugely populated dungeons. I did one a companion quest where you head off to get have to reclaim an artifact piece
and had a bunch of Daugr Deathloards at every corner of the dungeon
. I duel wielded
Sanguine Rose and Mace of Molah Bal
from the "House of Horrors" quest and I was collecting souls left and right.

I did come across another glitch, though, where Vilkas from the companions follows me incessantly and constantly opens up a conversation dialog. I found out it might be related to the Markarth bug from the Forsworn Conspiracy quest because I still have a bounty (a little under 30,000, which I cannot afford) and he's essentially following me around like a guard would. I wanted to fix it until I found he also follows me on the world map, so as irritating as it is, if I stay a good distance a way, I can get him to follow me anywhere and he'll kill everything. I haven't seen him faulter yet, so we'll see how far I can take it before I get tired of it.
LLShC.gif
KuGsj.gif

Yo Gotti

Banned

We do it for the power, the glory, the riches.

bengraven

Speaking of A Night to Remember:

When I did the quest I never saw a hagraven named Moira like it shows on the Wiki. I'm assuming it's because Ysolda was my wife and since I ran in to my house after theq quest, she already did the ring part, so I skipped a step? Or something?

Top Bottom