• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

GhaleonEB

Yeah it can be overwhelming if you let if get to you. Just gotta focus on individual questlines etc.
Every now and then I activate all of my quests and misc. tasks at once and then look at all the markers on my compass. ~60 of them on queue right now. I know I have only explored maybe 1/3 of the dungeons and found about 2/3 of them - and just seeing what I have on tap right now is overwhelming. The game is absurdly packed with content.

I apparently missed a whole story section also, even though I completed it. I haven't gone into checking online for more details, but just from the bit about the
ring and the wedding details
, I figured I could probably investigate further into it, so I was surprised when I finished it and didn't realize until later that I forgot about a big section that was mentioned midway through. I just got sidetracked by a bunch of other quests that I didn't realize it before it was too late.
Heh, I advanced this quest a few notches without even intending to. I got berated in the market about this ring when I had no idea what quest it was for, and ran into the hagraven by accident as well. I had to check my quest queue to see what was getting updated. :lol

Okay Ghaleon, that was a fucking AWESOME looking cave. Though it was just Darkwater Cave and came out Darkwater Pass. I saw the stones and the tree you mentioned as well. Nothing about Snaplig on my map. Heh.
Did you also rescue the trapped dude?

That's right, I think the other one was nearby and I explored it at the same time. Glad you liked it, I thought the view
from the high entrance looking down over the water was amazing. They really do some great stuff with large, open spaces and heights in this game.

And nope, I didn't rescue anyone. I'll go back! Thanks for the heads up.

It's getting annoying lugging around quest items for quests I have not activated yet. I've got a lute, a bow and a few other things for quests, and I can't put them down or sell them, but I have no idea what quest they're for.

What quest is the bow
you find on the way into the Thieves Guild for? Draven's Bow, I think. I've had it for about 70 hours of playtime and it's driving me nuts. A big % of my carry weight is this stuff.

Quick question, I'm making an enchanting character, so I figured putting soul trap on my bow would make it a lot easier than switching from spell to bow. I noticed you can change the duration vs charges. Is there any point in making it higher than 1 second? My last killing arrow should cast soul trap and kill them instantly no? If so, what's the point of allowing you to increase the duration for the enchantment?

Cystm

Quick question, I'm making an enchanting character, so I figured putting soul trap on my bow would make it a lot easier than switching from spell to bow. I noticed you can change the duration vs charges. Is there any point in making it higher than 1 second? My last killing arrow should cast soul trap and kill them instantly no? If so, what's the point of allowing you to increase the duration for the enchantment?

Poisons? DoT effects? Not sure what else it could be beyond that.

Woah, summon Draemora Lord is fucking crazy. Dude does beastly damage and I don't have the +50% atronarch perk yet.

Are companions even necessary anymore?

Woah, summon Draemora Lord is fucking crazy. Dude does beastly damage and I don't have the +50% atronarch perk yet.

Are companions even necessary anymore?

Doesn't the +50% atronarch perk only appyl to you atronarch's?

I'm not to clear on what is considerd an undead and what is considered an atronarach. There are 2 diff spec trees.

GhaleonEB

Hmm yeah I suppose so, doesn't really seem worth it to have less charges for that.

It's not. I did an archer character in Oblivion and enchanted my bow (and blade) with Soul Trap for 1 second, and had no issues.

Thought, I'd advise against it and do a damage enchant (fire, ice, lightning). Vendors and dungeons provide more than ample filled soul gems, you'll be better off with the added damage. I've used nothing but enchanted weapons the entire game and never had to use soul trap on anything.

Yeah, if you can consistently get the killing blow, 1 second is fine. I did that with one of my bows and I pretty much never have to recharge it.

The only problem is that your companions can occasionally kill-steal after the one second expires, so that's one reason you might want to bump it up to 2-3 seconds.

Doesn't the +50% atronarch perk only appyl to you atronarch's?

I'm not to clear on what is considerd an undead and what is considered an atronarach. There are 2 diff spec trees.

I'm not sure where he would fall since he doesn't seem to be either.

I need two more conjuration to get the perk. I'll check if there's any change in his damage output.

okenny

Banned
Anyone know where I can kill a hundred skeevers, skeleton, crabs or wolves in any combination? I'm trying to get to a hundred enchanting because I want to try something strange on my armor but going from Enchanting from level 75 to 100 seems like it will cost me 4 enchantments per level and my limiting factor is currently souls. I just spent the last 4 hours traveling river-beds killing crabs up and down skyrim... it did lead me to some cool destinations I haven't discovered yet including a cave full of bears... I killed like 10 of them and it was pretty epic. I kept thinking PETA is going to have a word with this game :D

scy

Anyone know where I can kill a hundred skeevers, skeleton, crabs or wolves in any combination? I'm trying to get to a hundred enchanting because I want to try something strange on my armor but going from Enchanting from level 75 to 100 seems like it will cost me 4 enchantments per level and my limiting factor is currently souls. I just spent the last 4 hours traveling river-beds killing crabs up and down skyrim... it did lead me to some cool destinations I haven't discovered yet including a cave full of bears... I killed like 10 of them and it was pretty epic. I kept thinking PETA is going to have a word with this game :D

Your best bet would to just buy pre-filled Petty - Common (Greater and Grand if you don't mind the cost). Decent Enchants like Banish will more than make up the cost. Whiterun has two vendors (General Store, Mage) and Winterhold should have around 5 (Mage in the town and the rest in the College).

You should nab around 3+ pre-filled Gems per vendor.

Mordeccai

I don't even know what happened today...

Sat down, then it was nine hours later and I had wasted an evening of my life. 58 hours into this game, and I've yet to do any of the major colleges, and I'm seven quests into the main story.

I have soooo many icons on my screen, but I've only explored half. Gotta figure out how I'm going to quest through the rest.

Oh, and I still have yet to explore the north and west sides of the map.

AND I have two more characters I want to make, a mage, and an assassin/archer.

FUCK.

3phemeral

I don't even know what happened today...

Sat down, then it was nine hours later and I had wasted an evening of my life. 58 hours into this game, and I've yet to do any of the major colleges, and I'm seven quests into the main story.

I have soooo many icons on my screen, but I've only explored half. Gotta figure out how I'm going to quest through the rest.

Oh, and I still have yet to explore the north and west sides of the map.

AND I have two more characters I want to make, a mage, and an assassin/archer.

FUCK.
Funny thing is trying to catch up to those quests will only make you discover other quests. Complete one quest, gain 5 more. It never ends!

okenny

Banned
Your best bet would to just buy pre-filled Petty - Common (Greater and Grand if you don't mind the cost). Decent Enchants like Banish will more than make up the cost. Whiterun has two vendors (General Store, Mage) and Winterhold should have around 5 (Mage in the town and the rest in the College).

You should nab around 3+ pre-filled Gems per vendor.

Thanks! I'll trying buying them up... it's going to be expensive but nothing selling a few items won't fix.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have a question, I was doing the main quest and I'm talking to the grey beard guys after I did the horn quest, and the one greybeard tells me i need to learn the final word of unrelenting force and I can see it written on the floor but I can't learn it? I left and forgot about it while doing some other quests and now I'm level 21 and I still can't learn it and therefore continue the main quest, anyone know how to fix this?

Flunkie

Banned
Holy shit. The only thing stopping me playing tonight was my controller running out of batteries. I just started the game yesterday and I'm at level 10 already. Fucking ridiculous the amount the game pulled me in. An hour in I was still going "Ehhh.. I want to play Dark Souls some more," and then it just flipped like a switch and now I can't stop playing. I didn't play Oblivion very much at all (it was my first ES game) so just running around shooting flames and then chopping them to smithereens with my Orcish Sword is still just massive fun. Raise Zombie is also fun to use - wolf on wolf combat. :p

just ran into a major glitch, after killing my first dragon i returned to the college of winterhold and was met immediately by a dragon, i ran into one of the halls and saved, however the dragon could still be heard and it's health meter was still on my hud. I equipped the gloves for cleaning the beacons, cleaned the beacon in the hall i was in, then headed out to fight the dragon, during the battle I noticed my spells werent costing me magicka. Killed the dragon and then trued every spell i have and all the same, can use unlimited/no magicka cost. The bar isn't even on my hud.

When going to my active effects I have 8 Fortify Magicka, all set to expire in 1 hour..is this real time our game time? maybe that would explain it

JCtheMC

Quick question here.. i played this for an hour at a friends house and couldn't get over the melee combat - it just looks and feels very meh to me. Also i'm not very big on fantasy settings... should i give this game another shot and be more patient with it or are these 2 elements enough to conclude that this game is not for me?

NBtoaster

Hate how with glass armor something flaps up in front of your face when you jump or shout.

edit: so yesterday I posted how there was a mysterious blood dragon underneath solitude. Turns out it is following me around. Here it is at Dragon Bridge, already looted (no gold) with the same armor and bones left on it's corpse, undissolved.
drrddfgpef.jpg

Yo Gotti

Banned

Here's what I did to get more souls than I could possibly use. Legit method, not an exploit.

Get a companion, give them a weapon with soul trap on it. Mace of Molag Bal works amazing here if you have it.

Give them a few soul gems to recharge the weapon, not sure if they actually use them but my companions weapons never needed recharging.

Give them a ton of empty soul gems, bought, found or stolen.

Now just go adventuring and raid a few dungeons, after a few hours of normal play I actually had to take the Mace away from my companion because they were getting more souls than my character could reasonably carry.

Also Dwemer ruins are filled with soul gems, all of the mobs down there are powered by them and they drop frequently.

Hit the 'no bloodshed' bug on Missing In Action. Really annoyed me as I've gone 50 hours without failing any objectives, and it looks like I'll have to fail one now.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Finally ran into
Ancient Dragons
and let me tell you they are a bitch and a half to fight especially with the broken resistance issue on the ps3 :/
Its to the point where I fear fighting them and I am in full Daedric Armor with dual enchants on everything :/:/

Valygar

I've just beat it now. I'm going to write NO SPOILERS at all. 74 hours, and I've done 2 major guild chains, and also I've completed the stormcloaks chain. I've not explored as much as I should, but I don't want to, to save things for later rerolls.

I wanted to do a character with only bow skill, daggers to backstab, and all the thief related perks. At the end, I picked up all the bow perks, lot of one handed (specially dual wielding), smithing to get the dragon armour perk, stealth to 100 as well, and a bit of pickpocketing. It makes no sense to waste perks into lockpicking, unless you hate the mini-game or want to roleplay that way. I've opened all the chests/doors I've seen in the game, and never ever went below 90 lockpicks after the first 10-12 hours.
I've played in expert, and the game was a pain at first (I was levelling sneaking and nothing else), and at the end I was pleased the level scaling was not as terrible as some people have said. In fact, I got my most powerful bow at level 23, and it was not a unique item (but I had to do crazy things to kill the enemy that carried the loot). And the game was much easier at high level! When I was low level, some places I had to run and come back later.

Now I want to do a pure mage character, but I think I should wait till the mods begin to appear. Maybe I'll just try it a bit...

Ashodin

You fool!
Kill the priest and you get a ring that allows you to regen health by consuming the corpses of all your foes!

Edit :
Combine that with a soul steal enchant and you can steal their souls and then eat their corpses

>:D

My char is a Paladin, hell no! At first I killed the quest giver, but then I wondered if you could kill them further down the line, and yes you can! Skyrim doesn't disappoint!!

voltron

Fucking LOVE the new "Cleared" thing going on with dungeons etc.

How awesome is it? Seriously. Lets me pass a new cave without getting anxiety ;)

just ran into a major glitch, after killing my first dragon i returned to the college of winterhold and was met immediately by a dragon, i ran into one of the halls and saved, however the dragon could still be heard and it's health meter was still on my hud. I equipped the gloves for cleaning the beacons, cleaned the beacon in the hall i was in, then headed out to fight the dragon, during the battle I noticed my spells werent costing me magicka. Killed the dragon and then trued every spell i have and all the same, can use unlimited/no magicka cost. The bar isn't even on my hud.

When going to my active effects I have 8 Fortify Magicka, all set to expire in 1 hour..is this real time our game time? maybe that would explain it

That also happened to me. It's a glitch with the gloves quest and will wear off.

Sinoox

Banned
The Nightingale armor is seriously fucking awesome. Join the
thieves guild
and go through all the hoops to get it asap! Using it with the bound blade spell makes for extra awesomeness.

Fucking LOVE the new "Cleared" thing going on with dungeons etc.

How awesome is it? Seriously. Lets me pass a new cave without getting anxiety ;)

Totally know what you mean. Dungeons are a blast to just explore now, especially because you can see some progress. In Oblivion I would ignore them all because they were all the same and the rewards were usually moot.

alright so upon further investigation, looks like I got 2 active effects for magicka regen per "beacon" i cleaned and each last for 2 hours, it eventually wore off and my magicka meter drains properly. While I thought it was glitched I encountered a 2nd gragon, hide in a building and conjured a sword over and over until i went from conjuration level 40-95

BeeDog

The Nightingale armor is seriously fucking awesome. Join the
thieves guild
and go through all the hoops to get it asap! Using it with the bound blade spell makes for extra awesomeness.

Totally know what you mean. Dungeons are a blast to just explore now, especially because you can see some progress. In Oblivion I would ignore them all because they were all the same and the rewards were usually moot.

I'd say it still exists in Skyrim, and it's fucking terrible. Find an Adept chest in a branching path/hidden cleverly? BAM! 20 gold and, if you're lucky, a Potion of Minor ____.

Still a great game, but Bethesda can't design their loot system for shit. Clearly the worst thing about this game, it's not rewarding at all to explore.

Luthos

I'd say it still exists in Skyrim, and it's fucking terrible. Find an Adept chest in a branching path/hidden cleverly? BAM! 20 gold and, if you're lucky, a Potion of Minor ____.

Still a great game, but Bethesda can't design their loot system for shit. Clearly the worst thing about this game, it's not rewarding at all to explore.

Maybe, but I get excited every time I see one of those big rounded chests at the end of dungeons. They always have something good. Valuable if not useful to your character.

This bard just started singing a song about the Stormcloaks.

He's going to die.

Too bad I can't kill him in the inn without people seeing me. Good thing he's a traveling bard.

lol, you look like a pimped version of the Overlord games' main char

well with so many dungeons and caves and shit to explore you can't expect great loot to boot

If I have an issue is the inventory space. Fuck that shit, give us limitless space, i don't even know how many good weapons, ingots and dragon bones/scales I had to leave behind

Drek

Finally ran into
Ancient Dragons
and let me tell you they are a bitch and a half to fight especially with the broken resistance issue on the ps3 :/
Its to the point where I fear fighting them and I am in full Daedric Armor with dual enchants on everything :/:/

What level you at? I'm 41 and still fighting
elder dragons

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
got in a fight with an Ancient and a Blood.
thank god for 100 two handed and daedric armor. But sure it's creepy when you fight them hand to hand
Awesome fights when you fight more than one dragon, there is something so rewarding a about slaying those ancient beasts.

Awesome fights when you fight more than one dragon, there is something so rewarding a about slaying those ancient beasts.

yeah. It was just outside Rorikstead, so not even guards to work as a distraction. It was also the first time i went mano a mano. Seeing that big ugly face in front of me was yuckk. Some Ultimate Health potions burned but who cares, i have like 50 lol

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
What level you at? I'm 41 and still fighting
elder dragons
I am level 45, they just started becoming the norm dragon fights. I dread them but love then at the same time. If anything they are very epic fights, especially because they have gotten into a habit of fighting me in Towns :/

Top Bottom