• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Doc Evils

Why does the main Daedric armour have shitty textures while everything else is detailed?

Screen_Shot37.jpg

randomwab

Anyone else have trouble with the Blood on the Ice quest in Windhelm? I'm trying to find Viola Giordano, but she's nowhere to be found. Is this a bug or something?

ShinNL

Lydia died 20 something hours ago and showed up randomly in Whiterun. what the fuck
I wonder if this is the new patch doing: to fix the wedding issue.

How do you get permanent summons?
Master level conjuration. TBH, I was quite disappointed by it, I rather had more epic summons with time limits than just the same summons. I wonder if it's possible to add more higher level summons with mods?

Atruvius

I encountered my first backwards flying dragon. I couldn't kill it because my arrows just went through and it didn't land. I used dragon rend on it, maybe that would land the beast. Nope, the dragon gets super fast and flies away. Seriously, it was as fast as a fighter jet.

The dungeon Scullibundo talked about about a couple of pages back was ace. I didn't anything like that could even be in the game. Equally surprising was how smooth the framerate was there.

posting this again... any word on Under New Management being fixed if you sold a piece of the guild armor.. Has it been patched or at least been validated as a bug that will be fixed? :( So annoyed

any help gaf?

So I've had this spell stuck at my feet for a long time now. Everything I tried to get rid of it didn't work. I tried :
-Showracemenu
-Player.kill
-Changing into a werewolf
All of them work until I switch into first person view, then it's back. Really annoying.
Pic :
gKVYV.jpg

Dammit, I hope Beth finds a way to fix this texture bug. Even items I take a look at in my inventory will have incredibly low textures from time to time, but appear fine on other occasions. And the weird thing is that it only affects certain items: right now the Imperial armor I have in my inventory looks incredibly low-detail (looked fine yesterday) but the Winterhold Guard armor looks nice and clean.

Mik2121

Dammit, I hope Beth finds a way to fix this texture bug. Even items I take a look at in my inventory will have incredibly low textures from time to time, but appear fine on other occasions. And the weird thing is that it only affects certain items: right now the Imperial armor I have in my inventory looks incredibly low-detail (looked fine yesterday) but the Winterhold Guard armor looks nice and clean.

360/PS3? That happened to me a lot on the PS3, but on PC it has yet to happen.

Screw you guys - there is no way I'm killing
Paarthurnax

For real? It wasn't even a hard a choice for me. There was no way I was killing him and if the Blades got pissed and I had to kill them instead I'd be fine with it. That never happened, but if it had I'd have gutted Max von Sydow and Joan Allen without a second thought.

bengraven

So I walking back into the DB Sanctuary, happily whistling after a murder contract, when suddenly a naked, dead hunter drops from the sky. It's a bit creepy, because in my life dead women don't suddenly fall from heaven.

So a half hour later a dead frost dragon falls to the ground! It's still there in fact, not bones, but body and all. I have to push it to the side to get into the Sanctuary (I can walk through it, but it moves while I do so it leaves the impression that I'm pushing it aside like "move motherfucker, I got bizniss").

(and yes, I'm forcing the 1.0 "unpatch" on, as I'm waiting for them to fix ALL the issues before I let Steam patch).

MMaRsu

So I walking back into the DB Sanctuary, happily whistling after a murder contract, when suddenly a naked, dead hunter drops from the sky. It's a bit creepy, because in my life dead women don't suddenly fall from heaven.

So a half hour later a dead frost dragon falls to the ground! It's still there in fact, not bones, but body and all. I have to push it to the side to get into the Sanctuary (I can walk through it, but it moves while I do so it leaves the impression that I'm pushing it aside like "move motherfucker, I got bizniss").

(and yes, I'm forcing the 1.0 "unpatch" on, as I'm waiting for them to fix ALL the issues before I let Steam patch).
Enjoy waiting then lol

Dude I had the same thing happen to me on PS3! Minus the woman part, just the Frost Dragon. Must be something wrong in the code, maybe fast traveling spawns NPCs and the dragon wrongly in that location or something.

Enco

Felt like a huge asshole when I managed to let a Daedric lord turn me against my friend and murder them. At least I got a cool weapon that
lets me steal peoples dreams

so i was just walking about the mountains casually when suddenly a dragon drops to my feet without warning + with the music getting loud, lol. maybe it was the backwards dragon from before? scared the shit out of me naturally.

Jagxyz

So, I fast travelled to Dawnstar to find that 2 dragons are attacking it..

I call in
Odahviing, and now there's 3 fucking dragons flying around breathing fire. God damn, it was awesome.

Had to reload a few times to make sure no townspeople died.

Fighting
Odahviing
and I can't damage him at all? Looked him up on UESP and stuff but there's no report of a bug like that. Anyone have any ideas?

Christ, this whole page is just bugs! Remember when this game first came out and we were all thinking it might be different than their other games after the first few hours?

Really? I remember it being established as being pretty buggy from the start. It did sort of seem like it would be a slight improvement over Oblivion, but it definitely looks like it's about the same in that regard.

randomwab

Anyone else have trouble with the Blood on the Ice quest in Windhelm? I'm trying to find Viola Giordano, but she's nowhere to be found. Is this a bug or something?

As a follow up to this, figured out the NPC somehow died. Found her house key in a coffin in the Hall of the Dead in Windhelm. Quest broken. Yay.

Orlandu84

Christ, this whole page is just bugs! Remember when this game first came out and we were all thinking it might be different than their other games after the first few hours?

Look at the positive side: it took us all dozens of hours to find the cool bugs this time! Previously, it took mere minutes to locate all the sloppy coding. In fact, this time it took a patch from Bethesda to give us all the bugs that a game like Skyrim deserves;)

In all seriousness though, I think Skyrim started out better than Oblivion in terms of gameplay and lack of bugs. In fact, I really don't mind dragons flying backwards; I mind that magic resistance went the way of the dodo bird. The first kind of bug I can laugh at; the second kind of bug simply makes me groan.

krioto

Fighting
Odahviing
and I can't damage him at all? Looked him up on UESP and stuff but there's no report of a bug like that. Anyone have any ideas?

You've got to lure him inside the building - just call him and then back up towards the door you came in, and he will follow, and the trap will be sprung

Razorskin

----- ------

Gamebryo is still Gamebryo, even if they claim to have made signifcant changes and changed the name.

brentech

I don't get stuttering, but worse. My PS3 save file is officially too big. Hard locks my system and when turned back on states the file system of the hard disk may be corrupted.

Just had two blood dragons circling me like vultures, couldn't get any of their attention though, probably for the best they had a high chance of wrecking me and Lydia, who is a poor companion compared to Marcurio, I need to get Aela.

AEREC

This game really needs a hardcore/realsm mod that:

-Makes dungeons pitch black (unless they are already inhabited by bandits, smugglers, etc)...but you can light torches on the walls along the way (in tombs at least), or drop torches on the ground in dungeons to create a trail.
-Disables fast travel, except for the wagons.
-Slow Stamina drain on running and Faster Stamina drain on sprinting
-Makes Food and cooking Necessary
-Autosaves only (when sleeping in a bed, or upon entering a dungeon)
-Makes sleeping necessary

Thats all I can think of for now.

brentech

-Makes dungeons pitch black (unless they are already inhabited by bandits, smugglers, etc)...but you can light torches on the walls along the way (in tombs at least), or drop torches on the ground in dungeons to create a trail.

Other than dark dungeons, you can gleefully force yourself to play that way without hampering others that would rather not.

Win win.
Edit: Realize you say a mod, so guess that's just as well

AEREC

Other than dark dungeons, you can gleefully force yourself to play that way without hampering others that would rather not.

Win win.

Well I do force myself not to fast travel...but relying on autosaves only is something I cant force myself to do yet =(

It should have been done officially just like F:NV had an optional hardcore mode, but Ill take a mod at this point as well.

So I think the locked state of Jorrvaskr glitch (says "Requires Key" when there is none available, waiting doesn't help) is linked to the Civil War quest line, probably the one in Whiterun as well (according to other people's posts who have the same problem). I'm going to try and find a savegame close to that particular mission and see if I can reproduce the bug.

You reading this Bethesda? Free QA for your shitty optimized PS3 junk. I'm the dunce here though because I bought all your stuff on PS3 (at least Oblivion was decent enough)

This must be what battered wife syndrome is like. No offence.

Astra

So I've had this spell stuck at my feet for a long time now. Everything I tried to get rid of it didn't work. I tried :
-Showracemenu
-Player.kill
-Changing into a werewolf
All of them work until I switch into first person view, then it's back. Really annoying.

What spell is that? Is it under your Active Effects?
Either way, try getting sent to jail, that apparently removes all effects with a duration.

I was disappointed by the fact there is no Hardcore Mode for this game. Having to eat, drink and sleep at the least. Then cooking would actually have some use!
Also, why is it nobody takes a bath in Skyrim? It should be an option, and offer you some benefits for being clean. Perhaps a rested bonus, or a speechcraft bonus for looking good and smelling nice.
You should also be able to sit at an inn, and order something to eat, that would give you various stat bonuses for a certain length of time.

This is my first time in an Elder Scrolls game, and i'm having a hard time deciding how to play it. I've played about 2 hours so far with a battle mage, using flame in one hand and a sword in the other. But lord is it hard. Is it even a viable strategy? I am having a really hard time beating the overlord guy after getting my first shout. So, how am i suppsed to play a char like that?

Also, i'm curious about playing an archer, but how do you tackle dudes in close combat as an archer?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This is my first time in an Elder Scrolls game, and i'm having a hard time deciding how to play it. I've played about 2 hours so far with a battle mage, using flame in one hand and a sword in the other. But lord is it hard. Is it even a viable strategy? I am having a really hard time beating the overlord guy after getting my first shout. So, how am i suppsed to play a char like that?

Also, i'm curious about playing an archer, but how do you tackle dudes in close combat as an archer?

Overlord guy was defeated by running around the coffin so he couldn't hit me, and casting some spells in his face.

But yeah, even with a shield I get crushed easily by anything that casts magic.

Top Bottom