• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Luthos

I know what you mean...The areas around Riften and Falkreath are some of the most scenic and atmospheric areas in the game.

Agreed. Snow areas are one of my favorite environments in games, but still, the Rift and Falkreath might be my favorite environments in this game.

Dreaver

GAF, for the mage guild I need to summen a
Flame Antioch
for the first quest. However, my magika is too low (never leveled it, as I'm pure stealth/archer). Is there any trick past this or do I need to improve my mana when I level up? :x

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
In that case, where is a good place to buy black soul gems?

That shady fool at the Mage's College. Can't remember his name, upstairs in the Hall of Attainment on the right. He's always got one. I'm like you I'm saving up blacks to fill with people all at once.

MrBig

They're Dragon Priests, just not the "named" High Dragon Priest variant. I don't think the game has an enemy explicitly called a "Lich", I never found one at least.

There was one quest in Volthume, I think it was, where an NPC ghost refered to onc of the Dragon Priests (Henovakkar or something) trying to become a powerful Lich. Thats the only time Ive heard Lich mentioned in this game.

This is why I assumed that they were labeled as Lichs. Haven't actually had any spawn on me.

Question!

Anyone here know why I can enchant certain equipment types with certain enchantments, but not others? i.e. Why can I not enchant Ebony Armor with a one-handed enchantment?

abundant

GAF, for the mage guild I need to summen a
Flame Antioch
for the first quest. However, my magika is too low (never leveled it, as I'm pure stealth/archer). Is there any trick past this or do I need to improve my mana when I level up? :x

If you play the Main Quest for a bit, you can enter by demonstrating that you are Dragonborn.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't be the only one who expected a Little Sister to come out of this when i noticed it in some dwarf dungeon?

bJkU9.jpg

haha yeah I saw that too.

There's also a place in Windhelm where you can sit on a bench and watch a crazy guy rant, which reminds me of Assasin's Creed.

Probably a bunch of 'homages' in the game :)

scy

Thanks. Reason I ask is that it doesn't always make sense what can be applied to where. A one-handed enchantment can be applied to a ring, for example.

I think he was thinking that you were asking why can't you Enchant Armor with the Weapon Enchants, not the Fortify One-Handed Enchant. Since "can't hit them with it" doesn't really apply to what you can get Fortify One-Handed on: Rings, Necklaces, Gloves, and Boots.

There's really no cut and dry "Enchants like this go on these slots and Enchants like these go on these slots" besides listing the majority of them. Exceptions being all the Fortify Spell Schools are Rings, Necklaces, Helms, and Chests (Fortify Spell School + Magicka Regen is Chest only), all the Fortify Weapon/Armor are Rings, Necklaces, Gloves, and Boots (Fortify Archery is -Boots, +Helm), and all the Elemental Resists are Rings, Necklaces, Boots, and Shields (Poison/Disease is -Boots, +Chest, Magicka is -Boots).

Edit: In retrospect, that is the majority of them I suppose :/

Hey Beth, allow me to solve that memory problem for you, free of charge.

When I drop or kill something outside, make it disappear after a certain amount of time. Logical explanation? People or things picking it up or eating it.

When I drop or kill something inside a building, make it disappear after a certain amount of time.
Logical explanation? People cleaning up their fucking homes.

When I drop or kill something inside a dungeon, leave it be.
Logical explanation? No one fucking goes there.

When I drop something in my own house? Leave it be, and make sure it doesn't jump halfway across the living room for no goddamn reason at all.

EDIT: AUGH NOW THE SKULL OF CORRUPTION FLEW FROM THE WALL.

And my book shelf is glitched, it's still showing the letters I picked up from it twenty minutes ago. I also can't interact with it anymore.

Enco

Too much sense Blue Ninja!

Are the thieves guild shill/fishing jobs etc all random? They want me to steal an emerald from an orphan?

Hixx

Umm, Faenden or whatever he's called won't follow me out of the Barrows. I go back in and he's there, but he won't come outside.

Also, I got to the back of the area and opened the secret passage, there was a potion but other than it seems a pretty pointless area and as for it being a shortcut it puts me on the wrong side of the mountain...

Enco

Why the fuck do I have giant kids? Also, you can't pickpocket kids.

I'm guessing this is the killable childrens mod coming back to bite me in the ass...

Edit: reloaded with the disabled mod and it's sorted. Hadn't done anything since accepting the mission

I think he was thinking that you were asking why can't you Enchant Armor with the Weapon Enchants, not the Fortify One-Handed Enchant. Since "can't hit them with it" doesn't really apply to what you can get Fortify One-Handed on: Rings, Necklaces, Gloves, and Boots.

There's really no cut and dry "Enchants like this go on these slots and Enchants like these go on these slots" besides listing the majority of them. Exceptions being all the Fortify Spell Schools are Rings, Necklaces, Helms, and Chests (Fortify Spell School + Magicka Regen is Chest only), all the Fortify Weapon/Armor are Rings, Necklaces, Gloves, and Boots (Fortify Archery is -Boots, +Helm), and all the Elemental Resists are Rings, Necklaces, Boots, and Shields (Poison/Disease is -Boots, +Chest, Magicka is -Boots).

Edit: In retrospect, that is the majority of them I suppose :/

Ah. I don't really mind it, by the way. I was just wonderinf if it was bugged in my game, or if I was just "doing it wrong".

bengraven

Anyone else find Belethor's place in Whiterun glitched? Lydia for some reason comes in the back door, knocking all his shit down. The floors are covered in dishware and jars.

Speaking of ware, anyone notice you can't pick up knives and forks anymore?

Also, how funny is it that there are throwing knives in the game, though you can't pick them up? They have physics attached if they're, say, sticking in a book and you remove the book, but you can't take them or even move them around.

TheMan

Hey Beth, allow me to solve that memory problem for you, free of charge.

When I drop or kill something outside, make it disappear after a certain amount of time. Logical explanation? People or things picking it up or eating it.

I'm pretty sure this already happens to some extent when you kill a bunch of dudes in a small area, like when raiding a fortress.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

Why the fuck do I have giant kids? Also, you can't pickpocket kids.

I'm guessing this is the killable childrens mod coming back to bite me in the ass...

Edit: reloaded with the disabled mod and it's sorted. Hadn't done anything since accepting the mission
does your wife know a giant who she insists is 'just a friend'?

I'm pretty sure this already happens to some extent when you kill a bunch of dudes in a small area, like when raiding a fortress.

Yeah, but only in certain cells, like fortresses. I still saw a bunch of dead wolves Wulf had killed at level 7 laying around Whiterun when he was level 50.

GhaleonEB

Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon...holy shit I'm rich! I mean, richer.

Great quest, great payoff, in every way. Got me a new helm that boosts archery 30%.

Vaermina doesn't like her Skull of Corruption to just be hung on a wall, apparently. Every time I enter my house it's lying on the floor of the basement, right underneath where Iona is sitting. Almost as though it's trying to steal her dreams.

Oh, and remember that singing Stormcloak bard I ran across in Winter Hold a few days earlier? I just went to Ivarstead for a quest, entered the inn, and there he was. I crawled behind him, pulled out my twin daggers and lo and behold, I performed my first throat-slit animation.

I'm a level 25 goddamn thief/assassin, and this is the first throat-slit animation I've gotten. Wut.

Oh well, at least that Bard is dead. I then had Sul drag his corpse into the middle of the inn undetected, put a kettle on its side, and stuffed his head in it. When Sul wants vengeance, he'll do it well.

Einbroch

Banned
One freeze in 65 hours. Started playing again today after being out of town for a week, 4 freezes in 2 hours.

What gives? Btw, haven't updated the game at all.

man, word? You've had Assassin's Blade for a while right?

Yeah. It just never did the animation until now. I've been having a lot of trouble with backstabs, for some reason: the enemy often detects me right as I'm in the middle of performing one. It sucks.

I'm doing the Mehrunes Dagon quest now, I need a more powerful dagger. I've been rocking twin superior Orcish daggers, but they don't seem to be very effective.

KdoubleA

Just got back from work and found my OST waiting for me :) I didn't get a tracking number or a shipped notification email, though; only that the OST was in the process of being signed by Jeremy Soule.

111206_002-1.jpg

111206_003-1.jpg

GhaleonEB

I was heading back to Riften to take care of several Misc. tasks that were queued up, just as dusk settled. I was rounding the corner to the Thieves Guild Ratway entrance when I heard the dragon roar from overhead. I look up and see its silhouette against a full moon.

It circles one more time and then lands on the far side of town. The townfolk are all awake and pouring out of their homes, the town guards firing their (pitiful) bows like mad. I switch to my last cache of ebony arrows, notch one up and take aim. It's an Elder Dragon, the first I've run into.

The dragon settles on a rooftop and lets loose a fiery blast and I see two town guards go flying. I land one shot and then it's off again, a pitiful chunk of health sliced off. I'm used to one-shotting damn near everything at this point, so it's exciting to see a challenge arrive.

Then it lands on the building above me and lops 80% of my health off on a single blast before I smack the B button and chug health potions for dear life. Okay, this is a more serious problem than I thought. I duck out of line of sight and my Elder friend heads for a new vantage point. I see one of the Misc. tasks I came to town to complete show up as "Failed" just as a flaming corpse tumbles around the corner. Least I can scratch that one off my list.

The dragon is down about 90 of the way down and the town is starting to thin out - and the corpses pile up - when it lands above me again. For the first time I actually hear the dragon's speech - words spoken - as the flames jet my direction. I fire a shot right into the flames and land a critical shot, and the flames stop. I'm sitting there watching the dragon fall down from the building when I realize I'm still on fire and taking significant damage to boot. I reach to pull up the menu, and collapse to the ground right as I hit the button.

The dragon's corpse begins to burn, as mine does along side it. A villager comes over to me and kneels down, muttering something about how sad it was that I fell.

Reload.

I head back outside and fight the dragon there, riding Shadowmere some distance away to safety and trudging back up the hill to engage. This time I'm victorious.

Good god. Elder dragons do not mess around.

ShinNL

There's a PC work around as far as I know and, honestly, I haven't really found this that big of a deal. And I have three characters that ran with max Magic Resist (the fourth is on a hard mode scaling mod that is also not having issue as a melee-oriented build). Two are at the 50+ range (with a mod that adds post-50 scaling) and the other was leveled 1 to ~40 completely post-patch as pure melee. It sucks, sure, but game breaking? Meh, not really.

Edit: PC work around is via the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) for the resist issue. Though, the patch is supposed to hit this week so...
Thanks for your input but I don't really feel like messing with the game files just to temporarily fix a bug (I'm quite modless as well). I play on Master and I've been doing very well, even trying weird stuff, but magic resist just broke the balance of everything for me. I get 1-shotted. If I'd turn the difficulty down then the whole experience would dull. So it's a lose-lose situation. Hope the patch goes well..

Holy fuck, I just realized why the Dunmer default voice in Skyrim was so familiar to me.

It's goddamn Joshua Graham.

TX3yBl.jpg

=

0kk8wl.jpg

And he's also in the Dark Knight as the cop who tries to beat up the Joker. And he's also in Mass Effect. It's all coming back now.

1295050610956scau.gif

EDIT: Wait, Michael Hogan was Doc Mitchell? I should've realized that sooner. Fuck me.

Grinchy

Banned
One freeze in 65 hours. Started playing again today after being out of town for a week, 4 freezes in 2 hours.

I don't like the sound of that. I've not had a single freeze in ~30 hours. I would be happy if it stayed that way.

MrBig

Purge your cell buffer ("pcb"), make a quick save, exit, delete everything besides the quicksave in the my games/skyrim/saves folder (back them up!), reload the game from the quicksave and start a new save file.

Top Bottom