• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Alright, a noob question so please bear with me a moment: for a Mage Build: in Destruction school, is it better to just focus the perk allocations to just one element (like Lightning or Fire or Ice) or should I spread the perks around? What is the benefit of focusing on several elements instead of one? From the looks of things, the double cast effect only applies if the hero cast the same spell from his/her left and right hand.

Seeing that the effect of Fire/Ice/Lightning is about the same, am I wrong to say that it is just a waste of perks to spread your elemental focus around?

Aeana

...I guess I'm on to the randomized quests with the Dark Brotherhood.

The Night Mother has sent me to talked to the EXACT same Unemployed Laborer in Rorikstead three times in a row.

I never asked for randomized quests. (._. )

...I guess I'm on to the randomized quests with the Dark Brotherhood.

The Night Mother has sent me to talked to the EXACT same Unemployed Laborer in Rorikstead three times in a row.

I never asked for randomized quests. (._. )

Yeah they are random, I think Navir (However you spell his name) should have 3 more quests for you.

MrBig

Whoa. The face. It moved.

R6xbO.gif

Has a new patch been released yet to fix the resistances? I want to install this game, finally.

Has the previous one even made installing viable? I've heard nothing that suggests it did, only Beth's patch notes. And we all know how reliable those are.

grendelrt

Lol going down my Facebook page today and saw this from my current favorite authors (Warhammer 40K). He is admittedly known to miss his deadlines.

Aaron Dembski-Bowden
I used to hit my deadlines. Then I took an arrow in the knee.

voltron

Anyone know if the deal with installing on 360 has been fixed yet? Are you still better off streaming off the disc if you want to guarantee textures loading properly etc?

Tobor

Has the previous one even made installing viable? I've heard nothing that suggests it did, only Beth's patch notes. And we all know how reliable those are.

Since the last patch broke resistances, I never downloaded it, and just kept playing on disc. I want to do the install, but I'll wait for the third patch.

soldat7

Anyone know if the deal with installing on 360 has been fixed yet? Are you still better off streaming off the disc if you want to guarantee textures loading properly etc?

I'm curious about this as well. I'm half tempted to just buy the game in a year when all this crap has been cleared up.

So I started a new game because I wanted to check out the imperial legion questline...any bugs I should be wary of? I've heard a few people say they've had broken quests here....

bengraven

Yes, this scared the fuck out of me the first time it happened.

Ha, she comes running in like "there are dead bodies back here!" and I almost drew my weapons.

Haha, I saw a gang of mudcrabs going after a Mammoth. They got beaten, badly. It was hilarious.

Terrible creatures.

[spoilers]The tower where you first confronted and killed a dragon outside of Whiterun? Every time I'm by there a dragon spawns and every time there are like three mudcrabs by the stream and every TIME they kill the dragon...last time they were helped by a sabertooth.[/spoilers]

Oh Astrid,
I let your husband die so I could marry you :(

I know, she's a great character. That first moment in the cabin, I was like "oooooh let her be a marrieable chick. I want a sexy assassin wife.

So I just learned something awesome about soul gems. If you want to empty a gem without destroying it, drop it on the ground. It loses the soul that's inside and reverts to an empty gem. No more wasting grand soul gems for me :)

Hyunkel6

So I just learned something awesome about soul gems. If you want to empty a gem without destroying it, drop it on the ground. It loses the soul that's inside and reverts to an empty gem. No more wasting grand soul gems for me :)
Noob question: Why empty soul gems?

scy

Noob question: Why empty soul gems?

Because you were killing things to collect souls, forgot how many Soul Gems you had, and now you have Grand Soul Gems filled with Petty Souls that are basically a waste of the gem.

Edit: That said, I don't think this works? Unless I'm missing something. Works for the Black Star but not any Petty - Grand Gems I just tried. I don't have the regular Star to check if that works.

Aeana

I think Skyrim has a built-in nanny or something. For the last couple of nights, it has crashed to the desktop between 9 and 9:30 PM.

moop1167

Whoa... huge bug. Can't start the 3rd quest in the Thieves guild. I completed the quest for the one prior, then he told me to talk to someone, then no quest is given. FUCK.

I'm not sure I understand the point of that. Isn't the sole utility of soul gems to contain souls? What are you going to do with an emptied soul gem other than fill it with another soul? Do you mean if you accidentally filled it with a lower tier soul? That never happened to me so far, but to be fair I don't enchant a lot.

Shepard

Is there a way for magicka to refill while you're charging the spell (I mean, while the spell is still "in your hand"). I have 2 saves: one with magicka refilling and one with magicka that only starts to refill after I use the spell (a bit later into the game too). Same equipment, same powers, same everything. Anyone can help?

ElyrionX

I found out that if you're using the -100% destruction magicka cost enchant, weapons that have fire, frost and shock enchantments no longer consume charges when you use them.

Am I done with the Dark Brotherhood?

All I've got left are
sidequest looking things from the Night Mother and I can outfit the new sanctuary with stuff from Delvin

I want more damnit. By far the best questline I've played.

Is anyone else annoyed that you join a new society and a few missions later you're the top dog and your predecessor
always ends up dead
?

I was done with the Dark Brotherhood when I murdered its leader and then killed the rest of the gang.

I am a bit annoyed at the lack of choices offered in this game. In my travels, I came upon a stupid cult that told me I needed to sacrifice a person. Instead of doing that, I decided to murder all of them. Hey, they all challenged me to "test my mettle." After killing them all, their stupid god starts speaking to me... and tells me to bring a random person to the shrine and kill that person. I was hoping by murdering the crazies I would get to bypass this, but I cannot.

There's another quest where you're supposed to lead an innocent priest to his untimely death. At least in that one you have the option of murdering the crazy cult that wants to eat him alive. but you don't get the cool reward if you do that. just some gold.

pretty much anything involving the gods is stupid. You should be able to fuck with them. I am tired of being their errand boy.

I can summon two demora lords at once and pummel enemies with my 100 level destruction spells from afar. I prance around Skyrim with only level 65 armour because I don't need any more. It is impossible to hurt me. If you so much as scrape me, I am back to full health in a second. No one should be telling me what to do. Do you have any idea what kind of grades one needs to be accepted into a top mage school? Do you have the vaguest clue how talented someone has to be to become arch mage at Winterhold? I am a Legate in the Empire's army. I have been awarded multiple titles from Jarl's across Syrim. So I ask you, when someone goes to the temple and falls on their knees to pray to one of the gods So I ask you: when someone goes into a temple and they fall on their knees and they pray to their "God" to stop the Dark Brotherhood or to destroy all of the dragons in Skyrim, who do you think they're praying to? Now, you can go ahead and worship the shrine of Talos, but if you are looking for God he is up in the mountains defeating dragons or in labyrinths underground killing dragon priests. I am God.

Aurora

I find it a really poor choice by Bethesda to let enemies be able to carry out execution moves on you too. I've been fucked over by them 4 times in this one damn dungeon and there is literally nothing you can do.

okenny

Banned
The Dark Brotherhood has sent its second assassin against me. The poor fool met up with a ridiculously over-powered Axel Stabenwrath who toyed with his life. I've taken to healing my prey now when they're just to fun to kill quickly. So far, no enemy has lasted more than 4 seconds. I was going to bump it up to Master difficulty after level 50 but may do it sooner. I want to fight my first dragon since the upgrade to see just how cruel my tank can be. I swear it feels like all the enemies run from me now after the first swing... if they survive the first swing that is. How can one man have all this power?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I was done with the Dark Brotherhood when I murdered its leader and then killed the rest of the gang.

I am a bit annoyed at the lack of choices offered in this game. In my travels, I came upon a stupid cult that told me I needed to sacrifice a person. Instead of doing that, I decided to murder all of them. Hey, they all challenged me to "test my mettle." After killing them all, their stupid god starts speaking to me... and tells me to bring a random person to the shrine and kill that person. I was hoping by murdering the crazies I would get to bypass this, but I cannot.

There's another quest where you're supposed to lead an innocent priest to his untimely death. At least in that one you have the option of murdering the crazy cult that wants to eat him alive. but you don't get the cool reward if you do that. just some gold.

pretty much anything involving the gods is stupid. You should be able to fuck with them. I am tired of being their errand boy.

I can summon two demora lords at once and pummel enemies with my 100 level destruction spells from afar. I prance around Skyrim with only level 65 armour because I don't need any more. It is impossible to hurt me. If you so much as scrape me, I am back to full health in a second. No one should be telling me what to do. Do you have any idea what kind of grades one needs to be accepted into a top mage school? Do you have the vaguest clue how talented someone has to be to become arch mage at Winterhold? I am a Legate in the Empire's army. I have been awarded multiple titles from Jarl's across Syrim. So I ask you, when someone goes to the temple and falls on their knees to pray to one of the gods So I ask you: when someone goes into a temple and they fall on their knees and they pray to their "God" to stop the Dark Brotherhood or to destroy all of the dragons in Skyrim, who do you think they're praying to? Now, you can go ahead and worship the shrine of Talos, but if you are looking for God he is up in the mountains defeating dragons or in labyrinths underground killing dragon priests. I am God.

And this, right here, is the fatal flaw with these types of games. When you get to a certain point of this "be anything, do anything" game, the game does not compensate for the fact that you become so powerful, it stops making sense (this happens very early too). It's exactly as you say. Nothing can harm you. Now the lack of choices in quests or in the game itself stand out like sore thumbs in a world you literally rule. Anything the game throws at you is completely trivial. Everything is a pussy, but you're forced to play by the rules that make no sense to you and your progression.

Also, the "Radiant" quest whatever is complete bullshit.

I also wish the game had more despicable characters. There's this one dude, Jaree-Ra, who double crosses you in the worst way imaginable. When I finally met him in his pitiable hideout, I peppered him with flames over the course of a minute, giving him the longest and most painful death possible. I am motivated to kill by vengeance only, so all these quests that try to force you to murder innocent people/people who you barely know don't sit well with me. That's why I could never join the Dark Brotherhood. Killing beggars? Really?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Why does the
Spectral Assassin
talk so much?

There is a part of a quest to drag a body, that was hard to figure out. You hold down A and the body drags around with you as you walk. Of course I didn't get credit for hiding the body even know I did a great job of it. Dumb AI.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I find it a really poor choice by Bethesda to let enemies be able to carry out execution moves on you too. I've been fucked over by them 4 times in this one damn dungeon and there is literally nothing you can do.
This is the most bizarre complaint I've heard about this game so far...

"It was a really poor design decision allowing enemies to kill you?" What about the execution moves specifically fucked you over more than you'd have been without them?

I also wish the game had more despicable characters. There's this one dude, Jaree-Ra, who double crosses you in the worst way imaginable. When I finally met him in his pitiable hideout, I peppered him with flames over the course of a minute, giving him the longest and most painful death possible. I am motivated to kill by vengeance only, so all these quests that try to force you to murder innocent people/people who you barely know don't sit well with me. That's why I could never join the Dark Brotherhood. Killing beggars? Really?

I slit the throat of all his men while he watched and did nothing. When I killed the last man, I picked up his corpse and then dropped him on his table while he sat there.

Hyunkel6

Is it a good idea to give your companions good weapons or armor?
I would think so. They are nearly invincible with the right weapons and armors. Be careful though. Take them off their hands if you are parting ways. I gave Lydia some badass armor, told her to leave and meet me at the house, and never saw her again. How awesome it would be if I stumble on her corpse in the wild. At least, I would know it was not a bug or glitch
and I'll get back my armor

Halp I can't move the rings of one of one of the Dragon claw doors and it's the only way out, the TES wiki states that this is a bug in the 360 version :(

I would think so. They are nearly invincible with the right weapons and armors. Be careful though. Take them off their hands if you are parting ways. I gave Lydia some badass armor, told her to leave and meet me at the house, and never saw her again. How awesome it would be if I stumble on her corpse in the wild. At least, I would know it was not a bug or glitch
and I'll get back my armor

If they die, a courier will bring you a letter.

Top Bottom