• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

TTG

Quick question about joining the legion/stormcloaks. If I take the oath for one, is it one of those things where everyone in the world is instantly aware and the other quest line is cut off? Or is it like Morrowind, where I can play for both sides until the inevitable battle?

Piggus

I ordered mine when it was available for pre-order, a few weeks before Skyrim came out. It arrived this week. Jeremy Soule is signing all of them shipped until just before Christmas, and shipping seems to take a while.

Thanks! :)

I went to the Facebook page for the soundtrack and it looks like Directsong is starting to catch up. People were reporting cracked CD cases which is a little troubling. Hopefully they saw that and switched to a better packing method.

kvn

Quick question about joining the legion/stormcloaks. If I take the oath for one, is it one of those things where everyone in the world is instantly aware and the other quest line is cut off? Or is it like Morrowind, where I can play for both sides until the inevitable battle?

Nobody is aware of anything in this game.

Cynar

Two questions:

1) Should I get this on 360 this Christmas? (my PC is crap)
2) Is playing in 3rd-person still a wonky mess? (like Oblivion)

Yes
And
My gf and I are both playing in third person and it's really enjoyable. Way beret than oblivion.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
So I'm trying to figure out why my Thieves guild quest is glitched,so I set out to find the NPC I'm supposed to go talk to. His name is Erikur and he lives in Solitude. He wasn't in his house, so I decided to use the console command to travel to his location. When I did that, it took me here:

kbf0Wl.jpg

He was dead there along with a bunch of other people. is this like some sort of collection of NPCs that I have killed? If I have killed him, does that mean there's no way for me to finish the thieves guild? what do I do I'm scared gaf

So I'm trying to figure out why my Thieves guild quest is glitched,so I set out to find the NPC I'm supposed to go talk to. His name is Erikur and he lives in Solitude. He wasn't in his house, so I decided to use the console command to travel to his location. When I did that, it took me here:

kbf0Wl.jpg

He was dead there along with a bunch of other people. is this like some sort of collection of NPCs that I have killed? If I have killed him, does that mean there's no way for me to finish the thieves guild? what do I do I'm scared gaf

LOL that is creepy. Some inter-dimensional room where named npcs are sent after they die or something?

Big-ass Ramp

LOL that is creepy. Some inter-dimensional room where named npcs are sent after they die or something?

yvPSgl.jpg

There are two coffins too. One is empty, one has Thalmor boots and gloves. The black doors are entrances into the abyss, where you fall forever.

I tried to do the modav health 100 console command on the dude but he remains dead... :(

The real Sovngarde.

Once you join one, there's no way back. The first quest pretty much immediately pits you against the other side.

Grinchy

Banned
So, I married Brelyna, and the moment the ceremony was over she walked out the door. Now I can't find her anywhere. I never got a chance to even talk to her after the ceremony ended. If she had cold feet, she should have said something. But seriously, I've looked all over the Winterhold college and I even looked around Winterhold. I looked in Riften. I looked in Whiterun. I can't find her.

Is half my gold going to disappear too?

Kaper

Khajiit, Argonians, and Orcs look awesome. I can finally stand looking at the non-human races in this series. Lolelves are fugly, though. 3rd person feels a lot better, compared with Oblivion. A friend of mine came over to play a bit with me, and one of the first things he commented was how the whole world looked like it had gone through a grey filter.

Big-ass Ramp

O5eNtl.jpg

I remember why I killed him, at least.

Even though I've got him physically back in this world, the game still counts him as dead. Am I the first one to run into this? They should have flagged this guy as important to a quest and not let me kill him! Now I'm screwed...

damn it, thieves guild still borked though...

Spoiler tag if you need to, but why do you need him for the Thieves Guild again? I've been going through and haven't encountered him so far, and I'm at "Darkness Returns" right now.

Also, can't you reset your quest progress using console commands or something? Just set the quest to the stage after you spoke with the dead man walking, and it should auto-correct, I think.

Big-ass Ramp

I thought I had figured it out: I used the resurrect command on him and it seemed to fix him. He went back to regular animations and was acting like a regular NPC.

Thieves guild quest still doesn't work, though. :(

Spoiler tag if you need to, but why do you need him for the Thieves Guild again? I've been going through and haven't encountered him so far, and I'm at "Darkness Returns" right now.

He's one of the people you need to talk to to completely finish the thieves guild after you do the 5 jobs in the strongholds. He's the one for Solitude.

freddy

Banned
O5eNtl.jpg

I remember why I killed him, at least.

Even though I've got him physically back in this world, the game still counts him as dead. Am I the first one to run into this? They should have flagged this guy as important to a quest and not let me kill him! Now I'm screwed...

Did you use the RefID to summon him or the baseID? One summons the real character and one spawns a copy.

Big-ass Ramp

Did you use the RefID to summon him or the baseID? One summons the real character and one spawns a copy.

I used Base. Ref didn't work. maybe that's my problem. I'm going to try to go to the "real sovengard" where he is dead and try to resurrect him.

Big-ass Ramp

OK, I revived him at the neon sovengard, but I can't seem to get him out of there. Can't player.placeatme with him. He's stuck

Big-ass Ramp

ok, I forced the quest to start while I was in the neon sovengard, and that's got it working. this is some real mcgyver shit right here, if mcgyver could transcend the mortal realm.

freddy

Banned
I used Base. Ref didn't work. maybe that's my problem. I'm going to try to go to the "real sovengard" where he is dead and try to resurrect him.

Yea always use RefID on NPCs and BaseID on objects. Your newly spawned dude with BaseID will go about his daily activities but because he is a copy he will have a new BaseID and therefore wont respond to scripted events like in quests. Youre best bet is to disable the copy you made and resurrect the real Erikur and then use his RefID to spawn him near you. Then wait 3 game days and try again.

Edit: good to hear ^.

Big-ass Ramp

Yea always use RefID on NPCs and BaseID on objects. Your newly spawned dude with BaseID will go about his daily activities but because he is a copy he will have a new BaseID and therefore wont respond to scripted events like in quests. Youre best bet is to disable the copy you made and resurrect the real Erikur and then use his RefID to spawn him near you. Then wait 3 game days and try again.

Edit: good to hear ^.

ok, thanks for the help.

oh, FWIW, from what I can tell, all the dead bodies seem to be the NPCs that died during quests. There are people in here that I definitely did not kill, but I know that they died .

edit: game calls it "unknown location." spooky

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I need to finish finals badly so I can start vegging out on this shit again.

TTG

Once you join one, there's no way back. The first quest pretty much immediately pits you against the other side.

Yep, good thing I saved right before joining up with the Legion, it immediately fails the Strormcloak stuff.

Which quest line is generally considered more fun? I don't really care which brand of assholes I choose to join up with, any advice on what's more interesting?

Oh yea, forgot about her.

Magic users can be troublesome though...

EDIT: Nevermind! Got one of the Dark Brotherhood initiates to follow me.

Looks like you can have 2 followers if one is from a guild.

If you want one with slightly more personality than an initiate Jenassa at the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun is a Dark Elf.

Sometimes when I hold down the RB button it doesn't shout.
I keep tapping is desperately trying to unrelenting force some dudes but it does nothing.
Does this happen to anyone else?

Enco

Sometimes when I hold down the RB button it doesn't shout.
I keep tapping is desperately trying to unrelenting force some dudes but it does nothing.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Yea, sometimes on pc.

Not sure why. Maybe because of crouching or being stuck in an awkward position?

Since the 1.2 patch for 360 what are people's experience with installing to HD?

I installed it lastnight but still textures were buggy - taking a while to load, spinning around quickly and they would suddenly load a second later. Tested in the ruins of Fort Greenwall. Was pretty bad.

Think I'll go back to disc.

Tr4nce

I only got this game Monday, and I'm freaking loving it. The atmosphere, the music, the people of Skyrim. Every city and town feel like they have their own identity or something.

One question about Giants however: is it true that once
the Greybeards have officially named you a Dragonborn
the Giants do not attack you anymore? One was even defending me. I was walking at night somewhere, when these bandits jump me, then all of a sudden this giant barges in and smacks the bandits to death. Also a skeever tried to attack me and the giant is now running after it, trying to kill it. It would be awesome if it was true. Before, Giants would warn me if I got too close to them, now I can just walk right beside this Giant. It was so awesome.

Edit: Hmm. No guess not. Just walked to Sleeping Tree camp, and that giant owned me. :p

Mik2121

I only got this game Monday, and I'm freaking loving it. The atmosphere, the music, the people of Skyrim. Every city and town feel like they have their own identity or something.

One question about Giants however: is it true that once
the Greybeards have officially named you a Dragonborn
the Giants do not attack you anymore? One was even defending me. I was walking at night somewhere, when these bandits jump me, then all of a sudden this giant barges in and smacks the bandits to death. Also a skeever tried to attack me and the giant is now running after it, trying to kill it. It would be awesome if it was true. Before, Giants would warn me if I got too close to them, now I can just walk right beside this Giant. It was so awesome.

Edit: Hmm. No guess not. Just walked to Sleeping Tree camp, and that giant owned me. :p

I don't really think that's the case. I got done with the Companions quest line and I still get attacked by Giants if they see me.

Yep, good thing I saved right before joining up with the Legion, it immediately fails the Strormcloak stuff.

Which quest line is generally considered more fun? I don't really care which brand of assholes I choose to join up with, any advice on what's more interesting?

They're pretty much completely the same, except for some tiny story details.

Honestly, it all depends on who you feel is right: the Stormcloaks or the Imperials. I had more in common with the Imperials, but there's plenty of people here who are rebel scum, too.

I installed it lastnight but still textures were buggy - taking a while to load, spinning around quickly and they would suddenly load a second later. Tested in the ruins of Fort Greenwall. Was pretty bad.

Dammit, I was just going to install it after eternal_pal said it worked fine.

It's working perfectly fine for me. All my textures load up properly now and have been ever since 1.2.

so...couldnt play skyrim this morning as it wouldnt launch, and steam news is that there is a 1.3 patch but I didnt see any way to force a download and apply it. an hour later, same problem.

bj00rn_

Banned
It's working perfectly fine for me. All my textures load up properly now and have been ever since 1.2.

Oh, that explains why my arms and weapons suddenly look a lot better..Heh..

Anyway, just noticed I've played for 134 hours and still haven't completed the main quest!

Edit: Oh a lot of stuff looks clearer now, even the sweet rolls...!

Finalow

yvPSgl.jpg

There are two coffins too. One is empty, one has Thalmor boots and gloves. The black doors are entrances into the abyss, where you fall forever.

I tried to do the modav health 100 console command on the dude but he remains dead... :(
lol pretty creepy, I would like to try the abyss.

just finished the mind of madness quest. when i got back, two of my weapons -mace of molag bal and nightingale blade- got weaker. their power got roughly halfed. am i missing something or is this a bug?

Dyno

Well, my (PS3) save file hit over 7GB last night and the problems started. Game crashed twice, the frame-rates getting quite spotty, one quest got totally fucked by a vanishing NPC and another was nearly ruined but I was able to coax it along and complete it. All of this in the space of two hours. My desire to play started melting like snow in the summer. I'm probably going to take a long break and see if Bethesda can eventually sort this out.

In my opinion this takes the game out of the GOTY race. If I can only play a character to Level 22 (and I'm not collecting a bunch of stuff or spreading junk around the world) then it's really only half the game I got to play

Tr4nce

Wow. Just got the
Ethereal
Shout, the first word.

How ever they are going to top Skyrim? The powers that go with some shouts are just amazing! I can't even choose which one to use in combat! :D

Wow. Just got the
Ethereal
Shout, the first word.

How ever they are going to top Skyrim? The powers that go with some shouts are just amazing! I can't even choose which one to use in combat! :D

And I doubt the Shouts would be in a next installment, either, so enjoy 'em while you can. :lol

One thing that would be cool? Valenwood. The cities of that province are trees. Walking trees.

nib95

Banned
Is there a new patch yet that sorts the magic resistance issue?

I've actually not played it for the last 2-3 days, I guess I was just getting bored or burnt out. Thinking of jumping back in today.

Top Bottom