• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Is there a new patch yet that sorts the magic resistance issue?

I've actually not played it for the last 2-3 days, I guess I was just getting bored or burnt out. Thinking of jumping back in today.

The new patch to fix magic resistance is suppose to be out this week. I avoided downloading the 1.2 patch because of the error, although I am anxious to install the game and start playing from the HDD. Hope it still makes it out this week.

nib95

Banned
The new patch to fix magic resistance is suppose to be out this week. I avoided downloading the 1.2 patch because of the error, although I am anxious to install the game and start playing from the HDD. Hope it still makes it out this week.

Cool, thanks dude.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I don't think this ever got answered yesterday, so I'll ask again. Has anyone noticed that equipment enchantments don't seem to do anything for your followers? I had enchanted fortify carry weight on the pieces that would allow it so that I could turn Lydia into my pack mule, but when I went to actually give her loot, she couldn't carry any more than she previously could. Even without any augmentation from potions during the enchanting, the equipment should have given her a total of 148 extra weight. I don't really care about giving her any combat related enchantments since she's pretty much useless and I end up having to worry more about not accidentally killing her myself when she runs in front of me while I'm trying to sneak attack with my bow, but maybe it's just that one enchantment?

Woorloog

Banned
And I doubt the Shouts would be in a next installment, either, so enjoy 'em while you can. :lol

One thing that would be cool? Valenwood. The cities of that province are trees. Walking trees.

Valenwood+Elsweyr would be even better. Two different areas. Besides, there has always been political tension beetween those two so some interesting war scenario could be done. Join the elves or khajiit forces.
And the size shouldn't be an issue, next TES game will be on next-gen consoles anyway (right? It must be!). Budget and time are... but since each TES seems to be selling better than the one before, one would think they'd spend even more resources for the next one.

krioto

How I have waited for this day.

Out questing last night, and got sniped by a bandit - I used to chase them down... but I took an arrow to the knee.

Damn thing stuck there too.

Don't cry. Example of some of the signatures:

Chuck N

December 07, 2011
Signature # 519

Dovahkiin D
Columbia, SC
December 07, 2011
Signature # 520

Shadowmere N
Elizabeth, NJ
December 05, 2011
Signature # 511

The list goes on. I'd say of the 500 or so signatures, 1/3 are real.

Missed this one:

Todd H

November 30, 2011
Signature # 457

Annndd...

Lydia H
dallas, TX
November 29, 2011
Signature # 434

Lydia NOOOOOO!

Edit 2: Wait a second, the petition itself must be trolling:

We, the American people, today ask you,

1) To enact an immediate ban on the videogame known as "SkyRim" produced by Blizzard Entertainment.

2) To seize and destroy all copies already in public hands and erase its presence on the internet.

3) To prosecute the players of "SkyRim" to the fullest extent of the law.

4) To create a national database of videogame avatars and "screen names" so that teenagers can be better monitored.

How I have waited for this day.

Out questing last night, and got sniped by a bandit - I used to chase them down... but I took an arrow to the knee.

Damn thing stuck there too.

Time to retire.

Valenwood+Elsweyr would be even better. Two different areas. Besides, there has always been political tension beetween those two so some interesting war scenario could be done. Join the elves or khajiit forces.
And the size shouldn't be an issue, next TES game will be on next-gen consoles anyway (right? It must be!). Budget and time are... but since each TES seems to be selling better than the one before, one would think they'd spend even more resources for the next one.
Walking tree-cities in the west, cities consumed by the desert in the east... Awesome.

All this talk is redundant, though, as we all know what the next TES will be... TES VI: Dominion

Lolno, I really have no idea.

nel e nel

CROSSOVER SIGNATORY ALERT:

Ezio A
Sarasota, FL
December 05, 2011
Signature # 509

Kratos I
Marnardal
December 02, 2011
Signature # 482

Wrex U
Middletown, DE
November 28, 2011
Signature # 411

Darth V
Beverly Hills, CA
November 28, 2011
Signature # 373

AEREC

I would definitely love to see 2 nations in the next TES...Skyrim is huge but it's kind of odd that it's only a 10 minute jog from one Major Hold to the next.

Astra

I don't think this ever got answered yesterday, so I'll ask again. Has anyone noticed that equipment enchantments don't seem to do anything for your followers? I had enchanted fortify carry weight on the pieces that would allow it so that I could turn Lydia into my pack mule, but when I went to actually give her loot, she couldn't carry any more than she previously could. Even without any augmentation from potions during the enchanting, the equipment should have given her a total of 148 extra weight. I don't really care about giving her any combat related enchantments since she's pretty much useless and I end up having to worry more about not accidentally killing her myself when she runs in front of me while I'm trying to sneak attack with my bow, but maybe it's just that one enchantment?

Well, I know fortify armor and fortify one or two-handed works for sure.
I put fortify carry weight on my followers boots, but it didn't seem like he could carry anymore, so I guess carry weight doesn't work. :(

It kind of sucks, but I enchanted some very light equipment with carry weight if I ever need them. Boots, gloves, rings and pendants. I just equip one as needed, and it doesn't hamper my combat too badly, as I dual enchant them and add fortify archery as well.

Edit: Actually, I could be wrong about the fortify armor and attack enchantments working. The reason it seems they do is because my companions take very little damage (even on Master) and dish out quite a bit, but that could be due to their armor just being Legendary (at the complete max using fortify smithing equipment and potions), and the same for their weapons. Apparently the armor cap is 580 or so, and anything above that is just wasted. Armor reaches that cap with smithing alone (using fortify smithing equipment and/or potions). I made armor with fortify light armor and such, and got the rating pretty high, but it seems like I just wasted enchantments on them, when I could have used it to fortify some magic, or put some magic resist on my armor instead.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Quick question about joining the legion/stormcloaks. If I take the oath for one, is it one of those things where everyone in the world is instantly aware and the other quest line is cut off? Or is it like Morrowind, where I can play for both sides until the inevitable battle?

Goddamn, I didn't even know you could join the Stormcloaks at the beginning of the game. I always followed the Imperial soldier.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yeah! Skyrim in Japanese is out today! For those who are interested, right click on the game in Steam, click on Properties at the bottom, choose the Language tab and then select Japanese. It's a 1.45GB download.

Brannon

Japanese text or voices as well (I should know better than to ask but hey)?

On an off note, would be nice to get a Japanese perspective on the game.

yvPSgl.jpg

There are two coffins too. One is empty, one has Thalmor boots and gloves. The black doors are entrances into the abyss, where you fall forever.

I tried to do the modav health 100 console command on the dude but he remains dead... :(

I want to go to there.

Davedough

Fuck yeah! Skyrim in Japanese is out today! For those who are interested, right click on the game in Steam, click on Properties at the bottom, choose the Language tab and then select Japanese. It's a 1.45GB download.

I really dont see the point of this unless its your first language. How do Nords and Redguard seem any way shape or form natural speaking Japanese?

eek5

So I'm trying to figure out why my Thieves guild quest is glitched,so I set out to find the NPC I'm supposed to go talk to. His name is Erikur and he lives in Solitude. He wasn't in his house, so I decided to use the console command to travel to his location. When I did that, it took me here:

He was dead there along with a bunch of other people. is this like some sort of collection of NPCs that I have killed? If I have killed him, does that mean there's no way for me to finish the thieves guild? what do I do I'm scared gaf

My blacksmith in Whiterun disappeared and I tracked her down and she ended up there too.

TESV%202011-11-17%2005-17-54-56.jpg

but she was.. still alive D:

okenny

Banned
I decided to advance the main quest a little all of yesterday and ended my play session at Blackreach... MAN THIS GAME IS PRETTY!

One of the most awesome feelings of epic-ness (this game is brimming with it BTW) was talking to
my fellow Dova at the summit of the Throat of the
World ^_^

What enchantments should I put on my bow?

Also where can I find a decent source of ebony arrows? I really like the look of the pouch, but they're so scarce I have to use steel most of the time.

If it ends with a payoff similar to Oblivion's final quest, you should.

I don't know because I'm only halfway through the main quest.

I've been picking up the pace on the main quest a bit lately. I have so many things I want to see and do in the game yet. Only just started Thieved Guild and haven't touched DB yet, but right now I'm thinking it might be fun to finish the main quest, then live the life of the adventurer afterwards.

I'm now in serious need of some new shouts. I have several Dragon Souls saved up, but haven't come across a new one in awhile. I maybe have 10-12 shouts, all at varying degrees of power. For instance, I have the Throw Voice shout, which I never use, at Level 3, but my Fire Breath shout is still at Level 1.

Also where can I find a decent source of ebony arrows? I really like the look of the pouch, but they're so scarce I have to use steel most of the time.

Supposedly if you reverse pickpocket an arrow to someone who is practicing archery, they will shoot your arrow endlessly. You can just pluck em for free from the target. I don't know if you have to steal the arrows that they're using though.

I like the look of Ebony Arrows too but I'm a high enough level that I can just buy them in shops.

eek5

Reverse pickpocket one on to the guards doing archery practice :lol

Davedough

My blacksmith in Whiterun disappeared and I tracked her down and she ended up there too.

http://www.4mul8.net/up/files/1765_1hfgr/TESV%202011-11-17%2005-17-54-56.jpg[img]

but she was.. still alive D:[/QUOTE]

All of your dead NPCs are naked. Pervert.

okenny

Banned

It depends on whether you want to break [read: make the game less challenging] the game or not :D

- - - -
Side note:

I found that even if you can one-shot enemies with ridiculously over-powered enchantments, on Master level, some enemies can still one-shot you even if you have +500 armor and health :x I find this fair :|

AIRic

Well, I think I've "beaten" the game since, after 72 hours, I only have the random DB and Companions quests. I still have to find the 24 gems for the TG, but there's no big quest left... What can I do? I'm thinking about taking a break from this game before trying a new character. Skyrim is definitely my GOTY.

eek5

Well, I think I've "beaten" the game since, after 72 hours, I only have the random DB and Companions quests. I still have to find the 24 gems for the TG, but there's no big quest left... What can I do? I'm thinking about taking a break from this game before trying a new character. Skyrim is definitely my GOTY.

Are you done with the main quest/civil war?

Creation Kit comes out in January so things will get a lot more exciting next month (hopefully)!

AIRic

Are you done with the main quest/civil war?

Creation Kit comes out in January so things will get a lot more exciting next month (hopefully)!

Yeah, I've done all the different guild/group quests and I've
conquered Skyrim with the Stormcloaks

It depends on whether you want to break [read: make the game less challenging] the game or not :D

- - - -
Side note:

I found that even if you can one-shot enemies with ridiculously over-powered enchantments, on Master level, some enemies can still one-shot you even if you have +500 armor and health :x I find this fair :|

I've been playing on Master pretty much the whole way through. My bow was pitiful for everything outside sneak attacks for most of the 70 hours so far.

Now I'm using a Daedric Bow that does 150ish damage with a couple accessories. It works well enough but my enchantment is relatively high and there's nothing on it Just can't decide.

Definitely don't want to break anything haha

Mastperf

O5eNtl.jpg

I remember why I killed him, at least.

Even though I've got him physically back in this world, the game still counts him as dead. Am I the first one to run into this? They should have flagged this guy as important to a quest and not let me kill him! Now I'm screwed...
He was unkillable for me on the 360 version.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone come up with some backstory for their characters yet?

I'm Velocia. A lady Dark Elf. My family was actually quite wealthy, which afforded me the ability to remain largely detached from the struggles of Tamriel. I grew up without ever straying far from our property. It was a good life. But as I grew older I realized that this comfort, all these things my parents had given me. Weren't real. Yes, they existed, but I wasn't experiencing the world as it truly was. So I shaved my head and got training. That first year was rough. My parents were able to afford a life trainer for me. An old survivalist by the name of Hanity. He was well aged by the world. I'll never forget that first true battle. I was skilled, I took to the blade quickly. But a lifetime of practice will never prepare you for your first encounter with a troll. Hanity had stopped at a river to fill his leather water horn. Lit by the moon and lights of the sky I ventured forth. Expecting to catch a deer or rabbit perhaps. It turned out that it was actually I who was being hunted that night.

I have the scar to prove it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I really dont see the point of this unless its your first language. How do Nords and Redguard seem any way shape or form natural speaking Japanese?

There is no point, unless you like experiencing things in different languages. If you're fluent in multiple languages, then it's fun to check things out in the other languages you know sometimes. After 70 hours with Skyrim in English, it will be interesting to check out the Japanese localization job. From the videos I've seen, it seems like they did a pretty good job.

Why do you Nords and Redguards seem natural to you speaking English, by the way? These are fantasy characters in a fantasy world, and the Nords are obviously inspired by Scandinavian people who don't tend to speak English natively.

can lydia die? after we got into a fight with bunch of bandits, she's no where to be found. after 10 hours, shes still missing. is she dead? i tried finding her body after the fight but couldn't.

Top Bottom