• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

lil smoke

Banned
Some followers like Lydia have Steel Armor by default, and you cannot take that away via trade window even if you give her something better. Can one pickpocket that default armor away with the final pickpocketing perk?

I replaced Lydia with better armor, can't remember which right now, but I believe she only wears heavy armor and seems to be picky about it. She'll definitely reject a pair of higher rated light armor for heavy armor. Bitch you are sworn to carry my burdens, wear it god dammit.

Derrick01

Banned
I think my game glitched in a positive way. I'm playing as a High Elf mage and all of a sudden my magic regenerates crazy fast. Their racial ability is making magic regenerate at like 25% of your total per second and that's about how fast it regens now without using it. I'm only level 10 and when I place a dual casted Fire rune which takes up more than 75% of my magic it's full again in less than 5 seconds.

Almost 100 hours into my first character on 360. Something tells it's time to roll a new one.

wp000054f.jpg

I only had two Letrushes before I rolled a new character. I'm staying away from him on my next Wulf playthrough, that's for sure. :lol

Someone here mentioned having a ton more of him around, though. :lol

Boss Man

That can happen to any NPC, or some of them are more likely to duplicate or something?

Was watching a friend play on PC and there was a case of twin NPCs. It was a different guy though.

finished, thank god

map cleared, every cave, fort, catacomb, all disinfected

finished civil war, finished main storyline, finished all the quests

level 49, 89k gold, bought all houses, killed an absurd number of Draugr Deathlords...seriously, what's up with them?!

was a good time

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
pac8o.jpg

So my handcrafted quest/map thing is going along swimmingly. I got COMPLETELY lost for like 2 hours last night. Not like lost like I couldn't find my way. But lost like I was inside the game. Stop using the HUD right now. Stop using the menu maps right now. The game becomes something completely different. It was like a dream, looking back on it. The pace is so much slower. Navigating becomes this methodical practice. It becomes real. I'm not quite done making it yet, but most of the pieces are complete. Enough so that I actually played with it last night. It was incredible. Go from landmark to landmark and try to gauge which direction you need to go in. It was sooo much fun. I've also started only playing at night. And I wear this giant wool hood scarf thing, too.

I'm in deep.

Its not perfect. I'm regretful I'm not playing the PC version. Because surely there will be some mods that help facilitate this style of hardcore roleplaying. Not having a HUD can cause significant issues with combat, mainly with the bow. BUT, I've gotten pretty used to it. After two days of play without a cross hair I'm pretty accurate again. Dungeons become a pretty giant undertaking without a map. Its much scarier and intense. And takes probably twice as long, since I'm forced to check every place instead of just barreling through.

I'm also reading a ton of the in game books too. Which are kinda cool. I read a cook book that had a recipe for a souffle, its taking every ounce of willpower not to try and make a sunrise souffle in real life. But I think the recipe is pretty bunk, or at the very least not geared towards modern cooking.

Needless to say, I'm super into Skyrim now.

Thank you! This is exactly what I need to do and you've given me the inspiration. I started playing HUDless weeks ago and now I can't go back. The game is so much better without the compass to guide you. What I have been doing to circumvent the in-game map has been working, but I like your idea better. When I get a quest in town I open my map and draw a small map in a real life journal of where I need to go and some landmarks along the way to guide me. Then I set off and inevitably get lost trying to find the location. I was really hoping more quest givers would give directions. The Bleak Falls Barrow quest has been the only quest to do this so far, with Camilla actually leading you out of town and pointing towards the Barrow. I really loved this and wish it happened a lot more.

But thanks for sharing this, making these maps is going to be a huge help to my role playing. I love getting lost in these games; the adventure of exploring the open world and feeling like I am a person living in Skyrim is the entire reason I love the Elder Scrolls games so much. I get no satisfaction from following a compass that tells me where to go.

AEREC

So my Nord Warrior is now the
Arch-mage
of the Mage College. Really makes no sense from a roleplaying standpoint. I wish I had the option to turn it down or seomthing.

Better yet they should have made it so that you could only fully join one guild but still work for the other ones in a lesser capacity so you could still do thier questline, but you wouldnt fully reap the rewards. You would be like a mercenary or consultant for them.

So now I will end up being the
Harbringer, Arch-Mage and Head of the Thieves Guild
just so I can find all of the shouts and dungeons.

GhaleonEB

I only had two Letrushes before I rolled a new character. I'm staying away from him on my next Wulf playthrough, that's for sure. :lol

Someone here mentioned having a ton more of him around, though. :lol

Louis Letrush is one of the stats I'm keeping tabs on.

Sneak: 100
Archery: 100
Smithing: 61
Alchemy: 60
Louis Letrush: 6.5

IMG_6197.jpg

I had to stand on a sign to get a view of all of'em. Can't wait till I level him all the way up.

Going up a mountain to a word wall, next thing i know i see this dragon just takes off breathing fire everywhere. As i get to the top the dragon had settle down and i surveyed the damage. 2 troll bodies, a pile of skeletons, 4 bandits and a cow. A fucking cow lol

Louis Letrush is one of the stats I'm keeping tabs on.

Sneak: 100
Archery: 100
Smithing: 61
Alchemy: 60
Louis Letrush: 6.5

IMG_6197.jpg

I had to stand on a sign to get a view of all of'em. Can't wait till I level him all the way up.

I heard it has something to do with using carriages near Whiterun. Try it! :lol

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
But thanks for sharing this, making these maps is going to be a huge help to my role playing. I love getting lost in these games; the adventure of exploring the open world and feeling like I am a person living in Skyrim is the entire reason I love the Elder Scrolls games so much. I get no satisfaction from following a compass that tells me where to go.
Yeah!! Its amazing.
I haven't played since Thursday though. :[ And probably won't be able to get back to my other life until Monday.

I remember someone complaing about there being no toilets in Skyrim... I found one. Fort Dunstad, top floor. Stools, buckets and even a bit of reading material. :lol

GhaleonEB

I heard it has something to do with using carriages near Whiterun. Try it! :lol

That would explain it, since I use the carriage system a lot, rather than fast travel to locations. Other than carriages I still have yet to fast travel. Carriage --> horse (or on foot if I'm heading to an outdoors battle).

I'll keep you posted. I really want to get to a good dozen or so.

Question: I decided to go to prison in Solitude (my main house is there) so that I could pay off my debt from the (DB spoiler)
Emperor's double assassination
. Turns out I only have a fine of 2400 gold, you'd think it would be higher for that particular feat.

Anyways, I am breaking out of prison for the Achievement, and just got to my item box and evidence container. Taking everything from both leaves me carrying 35lbs more than I was when I was captured, which puts me over my weight limit. Thing is, I can't find anything on the list that I didn't have before. Are the only items in those boxes my stuff?

ShinNL

Ah, haven't found that yet. What'd you disenchant?
There's like this war axe on the back of a throne. I thought I had all enchantments but when I found out I missed this infamous Fiery Soul Trap, I Googled it and apparently it's in a dungeon I've already cleared. I just missed the item completely since it's in such an awkward place.

So, reinstalled Windows yesterday, playing game from start again.

Thinking this time to go with a Pure Thief character, Archer + Dagger with some Illusion thrown in.

Esch

Banned
Just beat main quest. I think it has a ton of issues, and definitely needs retooling in concept for TESVI.

The whole thing felt extremely anticlimactic, maybe more so than Oblivion. Alduin's character, and his relationship with Akatosh and Paarthurnax were poorly fleshed out. The whole time I never understood why he was being such a dick other than hubris. What need did he have to accumulate power? Why did he subjugate the rest of the dragons? What exactly is a Dragonborn, and how was he born? None of these things are elaborated on with any sort of detail.... I also at no point felt the gravity of the main quest, nor did I ever really fear the dragons(apart from having to fight ancient and blood dragons in my level 20-30 hours, that was intense).... I really thought the dragon priest concept was good, and could have been worked into the main story a little better.

The biggest problem with the main quest is obvious though: mediocre loot, apart from Nahkriin and Dragonbane none of it was good. Where's the big reward for saving the world? A shout? Why can't i make something from Alduin's bones or remains? Pretty weak. I did really enjoy Sovngarde, and a few of the characters, but overall it wasn't that great. For a great game.

They really should have shown us Tiber Septim/Talos/Hjalti.

ShinNL

I love how Ancient Nord armor is Heavy and Glass/Elven armor is Light :p

The only part that is heavy are the pads on her shoulders, she has nothing on the back and just some clothing covering her boobs :D~

Remember Sinding? When I killed him, I trapped his soul in a Black gem. I was busy enchanting things, and had just de-enchanted a rather nice Glass Sword with a Paralyze effect... So I took that Black gem, applied a Paralyze effect to another Glass Sword, and named it Sinding's Breath.

I still have the soul from that guy in Azura's Star sitting in my dresser. I'm saving him for a special occasion. He'll become immortal all right.

Credo

Just beat main quest. I think it has a ton of issues, and definitely needs retooling in concept for TESVI.

The whole thing felt extremely anticlimactic, maybe more so than Oblivion. Alduin's character, and his relationship with Akatosh and Paarthurnax were poorly fleshed out. The whole time I never understood why he was being such a dick other than hubris. What need did he have to accumulate power? Why did he subjugate the rest of the dragons? What exactly is a Dragonborn, and how was he born? None of these things are elaborated on with any sort of detail.... I also at no point felt the gravity of the main quest, nor did I ever really fear the dragons(apart from having to fight ancient and blood dragons in my level 20-30 hours, that was intense).... I really thought the dragon priest concept was good, and could have been worked into the main story a little better.

The biggest problem with the main quest is obvious though: mediocre loot, apart from Nahkriin and Dragonbane none of it was good. Where's the big reward for saving the world? A shout? Why can't i make something from Alduin's bones or remains? Pretty weak. I did really enjoy Sovngarde, and a few of the characters, but overall it wasn't that great. For a great game.

They really should have shown us Tiber Septim/Talos/Hjalti.

Unfortunately, I completely agree.
I get that there are hundreds of quests in the game and hardly anyone thinks that the main draw of the game is the main quest line, but they should've really focused more on the main quest for Skyrim. After I beat the main quest yesterday and Alduin exploded, I just stood there thinking, "that's it?" It almost seemed like the Alduin character was more like a sub-boss and something bigger should've been at the root of it all. Like you said, I enjoyed being in Sovngarde, but I guess I wish it could've lasted a little longer than a few minutes. If you just read about the last quest in the game - "You enter into the Nordic afterlife to join forces with three ancient heroes against the dragon who brings about the end of the world" - it sounds amazing, but I guess it seemed like the execution was never really there. Overall, I still think Skyrim is a better game than Oblivion, but the main quest just didn't really do it for me.

Esch

Banned
Unfortunately, I completely agree.
I get that there are hundreds of quests in the game and hardly anyone thinks that the main draw of the game is the main quest line, but they should've really focused more on the main quest for Skyrim. After I beat the main quest yesterday and Alduin exploded, I just stood there thinking, "that's it?" It almost seemed like the Alduin character was more like a sub-boss and something bigger should've been at the root of it all. Like you said, I enjoyed being in Sovngarde, but I guess I wish it could've lasted a little longer than a few minutes. If you just read about the last quest in the game - "You enter into the Nordic afterlife to join forces with three ancient heroes against the dragon who brings about the end of the world" - it sounds amazing, but I guess it seemed like the execution was never really there. Overall, I still think Skyrim is a better game than Oblivion, but the main quest just didn't really do it for me.

The battle itself was so anticlimactic.
I went in at level 37 with Legendary Daedric Gear with enchantments and it was downright easy. I thought there would be maybe some more elements to it, like stages where he would get more powerful, things to acquire in Sovngarde to defeat him, something. Nope. I would have really liked to stay there and fuck around with the heros, some of them seemed pretty interesting. A couple subquests up there would have been great. Like you said, I think in this game Bethesda realized that it was the subquests and storylines that people really buy TES games for... But that doesn't mean the main quest can fall by the wayside or be so downright boring. I mean ffs the Bards College has more content than the Blades as a faction, lol. And all of this could have been remedied with some absolutely fat loot, but what's the point of journeying around and completing quests for items that will never come close to what I can make? I think that when i play this game again I'm not going to smith. It breaks the game.

So, in Blackreach
if you use Unrelenting Force on the giant lamp thingy you spawn a unique dragon.
Was kinda amazed and surprised when I heard it.

ShinAmano

So you successfully
placed the ring on the guy?
Have you tried just going to the Rataway and seeing if that fixes it?

Yeah I did all that...so after an hour of fighting him he followed me into the sewers...another time attacking him to get him to follow and he eventually made it into the bar. Mission Accomplished!

Side note...I went up 2 levels just blocking his attacks.

Credo

The battle itself was so anticlimactic.
I went in at level 37 with Legendary Daedric Gear with enchantments and it was downright easy. I thought there would be maybe some more elements to it, like stages where he would get more powerful, things to acquire in Sovngarde to defeat him, something. Nope. I would have really liked to stay there and fuck around with the heros, some of them seemed pretty interesting. A couple subquests up there would have been great. Like you said, I think in this game Bethesda realized that it was the subquests and storylines that people really buy TES games for... But that doesn't mean the main quest can fall by the wayside or be so downright boring. I mean ffs the Bards College has more content than the Blades as a faction, lol. And all of this could have been remedied with some absolutely fat loot, but what's the point of journeying around and completing quests for items that will never come close to what I can make? I think that when i play this game again I'm not going to smith. It breaks the game.

The Bards College doesn't have more content for me! I found most of the instruments like Pantea's Flute and Finn's Lute before I ever went to the Bard's College. I joined it yesterday, but I can't ever do the quests because the NPCs won't acknowledge that I have their item. Fun!

Top Bottom