• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

bengraven

What's a good place to farm Daedra hearts at about lvl 47?

It's extremely rare that a shop carries them and I want some daedric gear for Lydia.

Anteater

On my other character I think there's a bug where Faendal would be wearing the fur armor but it would show that he's topless.

Put some fucking clothes on man.

What's a good place to farm Daedra hearts at about lvl 47?

It's extremely rare that a shop carries them and I want some daedric gear for Lydia.

-_- you can make Daedric gear from Daedra hearts? Well fuck me, I sold a stack of them because I thought they were only used in alchemy.

lupin23rd

Wrapping up the remainder of the trophies on my PS3 run (still able to play thus far).

The only things I have left to do after beating the main story are complete the College of Winterhold quests, and completing all the Daedric quests.

I'm playing at a warrior type, and thinking of starting a new Mage character to complete the above, but two questions:

- Are the college quests better for a Mage (in terms of difficulty and gear received) or does it not matter?

- The quest Waking Nightmare, which I believe gives a daedric artifact, is bugged for me. Can I still get 15 artifacts without this item (I heard one or two of the quests give multiple items) or do I need to do this on a new character? I haven't done any of them yet since I assumed I was fucked, but if not, I may not need to make the new character.

Although I kinda want to play with magic...

Ack, my title! :lol

I ditched my Nightingale armor, and am now rocking an enchanted set of Glass along with a greenish blue hood. Looks nice.

Concept17

So, reinstalled Windows yesterday, playing game from start again.

Thinking this time to go with a Pure Thief character, Archer + Dagger with some Illusion thrown in.

This is what my character is. My sword and board wasn't entertaining enough. This character however is an absolute blast to play. I use some restoration as well. Sneaking through places, picking off groups of mobs with my bow, and backstabbing loners is insanely fun. Sneak and the perks are easy to level as well.

^^

Typically found in chests within bandit camps or caves, forts, etc that you clear out.
Cleared many... haven't been seeing them. :(

ezekial45

Banned
Is the title update for the 360 safe to download? I'm still running off the first update from a month or so back.

I don't want anything to happen to my saves.

Dabanton

Picked this up for cheap what do people suggest are the best choices to go with in terms of races etc. i was a redguard in Oblivion.

In the quest where you need a need a black soul gem to cure yourself, the gem is filled with a greater soul but when I try and give it to the dude, he says that it's empty. Am I doing something wrong or is this quest glitched?

Is the title update for the 360 safe to download? I'm still running off the first update from a month or so back.

I don't want anything to happen to my saves.

Nothing will happen to your saves, but the resistances in the game are still broken.

And once you update, there's no going back, because your saves automatically update themselves to the latest version.

ezekial45

Banned
Nothing will happen to your saves, but the resistances in the game are still broken.

And once you update, there's no going back, because your saves automatically update themselves to the latest version.

What do mean by resistances?

EDIT: Also, was the issue with data install fixed yet? I'd like to install the game.

Arjen

Being a thane is pretty awesome, i just sliced of the head of the court wizzard in broad day light and al i had to do i say i'm the thane lol

Enco

The Steed Stone is by far the best in my opinion.

The +100 to your carry weight, weightless equipped armor and whatever the third perk is is too good to pass up.

The Steed Stone is by far the best in my opinion.

The +100 to your carry weight, weightless equipped armor and whatever the third perk is is too good to pass up.

Yeah, that's one of my favs. I found the auto lockpick one great too, it opens any lock up to and including expert locks.

I just ran into one of the bug-ridden and invincible Dragons. Flying backwards at supersonic speeds and fucking up my framerate, I hope this gets fixed soon.

D-Pad

Diplomatic Immunity quest:

Is there a way to get Malborn and the prisoner out without passing the frost troll? Stupid dumbasses keep trying to fight it and end up dying.

Chris R

I must be blind. Can't find the treasure chest for treasure map 4. Is it like really well hidden? I'm right where it should be.

100 hours in an i finally experienced my firt crashing into the ground dragon animation. Unfortunately is was at the top of a mountain near stairs and the disturbed ground texture made it so i could climb the stairs up to reach it until i jumped/wiggled myself out of the hit box for 20 seconds.

AEREC

I think I may finally be getting tired of this game. I want to do the Theives guild quest but it's a little out of character for the Dragonborn/Harbringer/Arch-mage to go shaking down innocent shop vendors.

Are the thieves just a bunch of twats or something? And not like Robin-hood type thieves?

I think I may finally be getting tired of this game. I want to do the Theives guild quest but it's a little out of character for the Dragonborn/Harbringer/Arch-mage to go shaking down innocent shop vendors.

I'm saving the thieves guild/dark brotherhood quests for my future archer/stealth character for this reason myself.

Juice said:
Why do we need OT2/3/4? Do the previous threads get locked for some reason?

We're getting a new official thread each 20k posts. Been like that for one year at least.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Bit Off Topic but I don't really understand the whole community movement. If a thread in gaming is popular, why move it, I mean, it's a game isn't it? I can understand maybe if it's an online game like MAG, BF, an MMO or something, but a single player game?

Astra

I'm getting pretty tired of the game locking up and forcing me to shut my system down hard and being greeted with a message saying my file system may be corrupted upon restart.
Can this happening excessively cause permanent damage to the PS3?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
What do mean by resistances?

EDIT: Also, was the issue with data install fixed yet? I'd like to install the game.
You might still notice some issues from time to time, but the truth is, there are just some ugly textures in the game. Bethesda has fixed the issue from their view, so it's not going to get any better (regardless of what people on the official forums think).

eso76

90 hours in and the game keeps growing on me.

Despite its bugs, glitches and flaws, definitely and by far my "best game of this generation".

Yeah, I get that feeling myself. What I do is basically create a 'what-if' save where I make out-of-character choices like joining the DB, and then load my earlier one once I've finished it.

bengraven

You need to do the Daedric Quest tied to the shrine. If you received an invitation to a museum opening in Dawnstar, that begins the quest.

Awesome, I remember that. I actually didn't get the invite, I walked past the museum and saw the curator talking to someone. The curator asked me to follow him and I kept walking to the DB sanctuary and never came back. ha

edgefusion

I'm getting pretty tired of the game locking up and forcing me to shut my system down hard and being greeted with a message saying my file system may be corrupted upon restart.
Can this happening excessively cause permanent damage to the PS3?

Well after a few weeks of playing nothing but Skyrim (130 hour save) and enduring numerous crashes and slideshow frame-rates my old fatty PS3 got the YLOD. Just sayin'.

After 91 hours and 48 levels, my wealthy Nord warrior (167k gold), leader of the Companions, Archmage of Winterhold College, and liberator of Skyrim from the weak Empire, is now ready to meet the Greybeards and tend to his fate.

I found that my final armor convo is the Ebony with the Daedric helmet. My wife and companion Aela can't take her lustful eyes off of her Dovahkiin...

IMG_1007.jpg

I am also committing sacrilege to the OST gods of Skyrim, but after all these hours, I have compiled a playlist of epic songs to continue on my journey. From now on, every minute will feel like I'm in the cusp of saving the world while fighting 1000 ancient dragons. Of course, I'm including Skyrim songs in the mix, some are just too good to pass up.

Astra

So I was in my solitude home doing the rest thing for thirty days to see if that would help at all. Anyway, as I am doing this and pass about 20 days, I hear Jordis saying "Die, damn you!". I'm all "wtf?" and go to investigate. There are two fucking bandits in my home!! So, was this a bug, or will bandits actually invade your home if you stay there too long in an attempt to kill you?

3phemeral

So I was in my solitude home doing the rest thing for thirty days to see if that would help at all. Anyway, as I am doing this and pass about 20 days, I hear Jordis saying "Die, damn you!". I'm all "wtf?" and go to investigate. There are two fucking bandits in my home!! So, was this a bug, or will bandits actually invade your home if you stay there too long in an attempt to kill you?
It's mentioned during the loading screens that unless you lock up your goods in a strongbox, it might go missing. So I wouldn't be surprised if your home was burglarized while you were in it.

Top Bottom