• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Speaking of pickaxes, anyone else here ALWAYS carry one with them? It's like my AmEx card in this game.

Also, anyone enchant their pickaxe for fun? I got a cubic buttload of soul gems so was thinking of doing it for fun.

Speaking of enchantments, list some of your uniquely named items! Here's a sample of mine:

Logan's Runners (boots w/ +6 stamina)
Raimi's Soul Swallower (axe w/ soul trap)
Dome of Thunder (helmet with destruction casting bonus)
Merlin's Mitts (gauntlets w/ +6 magicka)

I named Wulf's Dragonbone Plate armor after the dragons he's slain. Viinturuth's Spine, Mirmulmir's Teeth, Sahloknir's Wings, etcetera.

Wulf also has a Daedric Longsword enchanted with with Soul Trap and Absorb Health. I named it 'Parasite'.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Well, did some testing on my own and found that it at least seems like the potion timer pauses for typing (even if I can still hear NPCs making noises around me while the text input menu is open) but now I discovered a rather unsettling problem in regards to my uber-gear creation. It seems that for whatever reason, I can't apply the Fortify Smithing enchantment to headgears. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Anteater

Something is weird with my game, npcs are showing up naked all the time, first Faendal, then this fugitive guy and now a courier, unless it's a new trend of fashion in skyrim :eek:

M7oNZ.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My latest save on the PC won't load. And apparently all the saves I was making for two hours weren't actually saving. Yay!

I might just be done. Stupid game.

DarthWoo

Something is weird with my game, npcs are showing up naked all the time, first Faendal, then this fugitive guy and now a courier, unless it's a new trend of fashion in skyrim :eek:

M7oNZ.jpg

I found a bunch of naked Imperial Legion corpses laying around in an area which I had never previously visited. I hadn't seen stripped bodies prior to that unless I'd done it myself.

Anteater

I found a bunch of naked Imperial Legion corpses laying around in an area which I had never previously visited. I hadn't seen stripped bodies prior to that unless I'd done it myself.

I think have an answer for that though! I think some bandits killed them and wore their armors to pretend they were imperial soldiers, I remember running into these "imperial" dudes somewhere and they were asking me for gold, I killed them just to find a few naked imperial soldiers somewhere near

DarthWoo

How do you marry someone? Also is their same sex marriage?

You need to visit the Temple of Mara in Riften and speak to the priest there. Afterward, speak to any of the prospective candidates (you'll typically have had to do some sort of favor for them) while wearing an Amulet of Mara (priest will sell you one, but you'll probably have found some while wandering by now) and if they're interested, it'll open up various dialogue options for marriage. Yes there is.

Sethos

Banned
All my saves are done for, something about Version 0 and the game is running Version 8.

So many hours down the drain, it was fun while it lasted Skyrim, thank you.

You need to visit the Temple of Mara in Riften and speak to the priest there. Afterward, speak to any of the prospective candidates (you'll typically have had to do some sort of favor for them) while wearing an Amulet of Mara (priest will sell you one, but you'll probably have found some while wandering by now) and if they're interested, it'll open up various dialogue options for marriage. Yes there is.

Can you marry a crazy beggar lady? Or someone rich like that Black Briar woman?

You mean:

PC: I like you
NPC: Love you too.
PC: Let's get married
NPC: Yup.

Most ridiculous thing they added to the game, either do it well or not at all.

One big problem with me is does anyone have it where while traveling to a new quest location that you just have to HAVE TO explore every little thing that pops up on your compass. AHHH the A.D.D nature of my playing is killing me. Takes me like 4 hours to complete any 1 task cause I end up doing everything off the beaten path.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Speaking of enchantments, list some of your uniquely named items! Here's a sample of mine:

Logan's Runners (boots w/ +6 stamina)
Raimi's Soul Swallower (axe w/ soul trap)
Dome of Thunder (helmet with destruction casting bonus)
Merlin's Mitts (gauntlets w/ +6 magicka)

Two dagger sets:
Blaze & Frostedge (fire and ice dwarven)
Sparkris & Icerend (lightning daedric and ebony ice)

Transcript of my last date.

Not seeing the problem.
Congratulations!

Astra

I thought my game froze when I went to save it, but I didn't press the power button on the PS3 right away, and just left it on. Well, about 3 minutes later, it finally went into the save menu. Makes me wonder how many other times it would have recovered after a few minutes. Granted, I'm not really up for waiting several minutes every time it locks up, but it might be worth it to do so for the next few times.

I'm 95 hours in and just joined my first guild - the Thieves Guild! The first official mission infiltrating the mansion was super fun. The city of Riften is likely to become my main home for my Khajit. I love the rift forests and the location right on the water, plus there is some good racial diversity so I think he will fit right in. He was living in Markarth but he never felt like he belonged.

Overall I've explored maybe half of the map. I haven't been to any of the cities north of Whiterun. This game wins GOTY from me easily. Of course there are some issues, but I am so emotionally invested in my character and the adventure he is having that I can easily look past them. There really is no other game experience quite like the one I've had with Skyrim.

It's without a doubt my GOTY. Every now and again I will pause to look around and admire it art....really impressive stuff. Though I must admit leveling up is a pain. Then there's those times when you start feeling good about yourself and how powerful your character is...and then you face a dragon or mage that owns you for the next 30-45 minutes....just to bring balance back to the world.
LLShC.gif

I'm getting pretty close to where I want to be. My smithing is up to 100, enchanting in the 90's, and most of the other major stuff is greater than 50.

I've read online that you can't stack the same type of potion but can you stack different potions?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Question regarding a certain dog quest.

Does it matter if you ask to reunite the dog/end the civil war/be able to crush your enemies"
Just want to be able to know the rewards.

CloudWolf

I ran into an old pal in the middle of nowhere yesterday. Maiq the Liar! Dude is old!
He explains in Skyrim why he's been around for 200 years: His father, father's father, etc. were all called M'aiq the Liar. But I personally think that's just one of his lies and that he's actually a long forgotten God/Daedric Prince.

That's crazy! I'm at level 21 and all I've been doing is joining guilds/opening quest lines and I still feel like I'm taking too long. I'm in thieves, champions, on the brink of legion/stormcloak, dark brotherhood and I finally made it to the Mage college. I've read here that there's some Deadra thing too, but I haven't come across it yet. I'm surprised at how long it's taken me just to get initiated in all of these. I get distracted by all the random quests and caves along the roads, but still, it's not like I'm wondering off to some edge of the map without a reason. I really don't remember Oblivion taking this long just to get your bearings. This is more along the lines of Morrowind in terms of pacing.

It's like the game casts a 75% time-sucking spell over and over again every time you sit down to play which only get broken by 25% bladder burn, 50% hunger pang, or 10% droopy eyes.

ace3skoot

sorry if old...

but uk peeps who haven't picked this game up, there is a price war for all versions of skyrim, the cheapest console version is at currys and pc world wth in 30 miles of a gamestation, taking advantage of there price match promise you can get the game for £20.53 on the highstreet, the PC version is even cheaper. here

happy skyrimming...

Noaloha

Quick question! What's the in-game font? My mind tells me that I recognise it. Is it well-known as a proper, y'know, fonty-type font, or am I just having Fallout 3 flashbacks?

cackhyena

So leading someone to the Boethia pillar thing. How do i do that? I led Mercurio ther but I can't initiate anything. I've traveled a bunch of different places and there isn't an option to "follow me".

To each his own n' all that but I'm not seeing the draw in finding glitches to make super characters. Playing a 100+ hour game by just 1 clicking everything just doesn't seem that appealing to me. I'm all for finding possibilities using the metagame and cutomizing your character but when I see "lol 800+ armor and 500+ hit per strike" I just go, cool but is the game still fun?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
And now I have impotent arrows. They just fall to the ground with a thud. Any way to fix this?

US I presume? In the UK Game & Gamestation stores have been selling off their remaining stock (£69.99 down from £129.99) over the last few days.

Belgium. The one store that still has 'em online here is still asking €150 for them. :/

Maybe I should import one from the UK, but Amazon doesn't sell 'em.

Bumhead

Banned
Picked the game up on Friday for £20 in the UK.

I'm about 3 hours in but the game is incredible. Love it already.

Quite overwhelming at the start though..

Alright so I killed Fiora before talking to her husband and after getting him leave the game is now telling me to talk to her to complete the quest....but shes dead. I am assuming there is nothing I can do about this right?

okenny

Banned
I think I accidentally sold my Amulet of Mara. Is there another one around or some other way to go the marriage route?

LOL.. I've found two "sex scenes" with the amulet and some random things left behind. I was like... "Nua ua! I ain't sleeping in that bed!".

Gila

Who the hell can I sell these damn dragon bones and scales too, I've been walking along forever can't find a buyer!! I'm in windhelm ATM, please tell me theres someone here

E/ nvm found one :)

GhaleonEB

Dilemma: I want to do much of the game (half the quest lines, lots of other stuff) starting from scratch, but I'm not anywhere near weary of playing an archer. Is it weird to restart and build a similar character just so I can play the rest of the game from a lower level (and on Master difficulty)?

I'm planning a battle mage character at some point, but I want to keep playing as an archer for now. It's just too fun.

Top Bottom