• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Astra

How can you change the name of something you're enchanting?

Triangle before you finalize the enchantment. (or the Jump button, if you're not on PS3)

Edit: So a guard says to me "You're like me, you don't like those clunky two-handed weapons"
Yes, I had a one-handed sword equipped, but on the back of the guard is a fucking steel war hammer!
I suppose just because he's using it, doesn't mean he necessarily likes it, but come on.

Just had to fight 8 Draugr Deathlords at the same time.
Not fun.

I'm cool with fighting many Deathlords. My Dremora Lords usually make quick work of the majority, and when they finally fall, I just summon two more. All the while I provide archery cover. Fun times.

Atruvius

Level 47. Just need to get three more levels and Platinum is mine. Then I'll delete all the saves and take a small break from it. I've played my current save 75 hours and framerate is awful, game got buggy too. Some orc sent some thugs after me. Do the thugs attack me? No, they just follow me.

bengraven

Used the command console. Right?

Didn't think you could marry Lydia. How does it work?

NOT being able to marry her is a glitch. She has all the dialogue and behaviors of a wife and the .esm data confirms she's a candidate. But there's something that refuses to tag her as available when you're wearing an amulet of Mara.

1) Bring up the console
2) click Lydia
3) Type "addfac 19809 1"
4) put on your amulet of Mara
5) "are you interested in me?"
6) "fuck yeah I am, why wouldn't I? You're the goddamn Dragonborn and rich"

I think I accidentally sold my Amulet of Mara. Is there another one around or some other way to go the marriage route?

If you don't have one in your inventory, you can buy one from Maramel at the Temple of Mara in Riften for 200 septims.

Just had to fight 8 Draugr Deathlords at the same time.
Not fun.

Wulf could tango with 12 Deathlords and still have enough energy left to do the salsa.

12 Death Overlords, however, would be a different matter.

Sul can take care of as many as you can throw at him, as long as they don't see him. If they do, there'd be no salvation for the Dark Elf.

Enco

NOT being able to marry her is a glitch. She has all the dialogue and behaviors of a wife and the .esm data confirms she's a candidate. But there's something that refuses to tag her as available when you're wearing an amulet of Mara.

1) Bring up the console
2) click Lydia
3) Type "addfac 19809 1"
4) put on your amulet of Mara
5) "are you interested in me?"
6) "fuck yeah I am, why wouldn't I? You're the goddamn Dragonborn and rich"
Oh sweet. Totally doing that! Thanks!

Deuterium

Once you max out Sneak and Archery, and have a great bow along with the Nightengale or Ancient Dark Brotherhood armor, you are basically untouchable. I enchanted my bow with 1 second Soul Trap. I just snipe NPCs (I have the Black Star) or monsters from a distance. Being a good archer means you can really reach out and touch someone...usually causing instant death.

My Sneak level is so strong, that even if another character is alerted, they never find me. I just wait till the reticle eyelid shuts, and hear the inevitable "I must be hearing things" (as the bandit steps over the body of his newly fallen comrade, who a mere seconds ago was engaged in fine conversation with...until that arrow pierced his cranium). Then, I proceed onward in terminating every living (and undead) being in my path.

The problem is (of course) that the game's combat is no longer challenging. The only thing keeping me going is the zest for exploration, and completing some of the more interesting story/quest lines.

okenny

Banned
DAMN IT!

I'm now trying to advance through the main quest and I ran into an issue. It seems that because a few hundred hours ago I played the join the legion quest line to the point where I can either make the oath or not, the game won't let me
offer the truce to Talius until I JOIN THE LEGION!!
I'm sure this is a bug :(

DAMN IT!

I'm now trying to advance through the main quest and I ran into an issue. It seems that because a few hundred hours ago I played the join the legion quest line to the point where I can either make the oath or not, the game won't let me
offer the truce to Talius until I JOIN THE LEGION!!
I'm sure this is a bug :(

No, the game's just forcing you to make the right decision.

Yeah, it's probably a bug. The Stormcloak side has an even worse one than that.
Once you max out Sneak and Archery, and have a great bow along with the Nightengale or Ancient Dark Brotherhood armor, you are basically untouchable. I enchanted my bow with 1 second Soul Trap. I just snipe NPCs (I have the Black Star) or monsters from a distance. Being a good archer means you can really reach out and touch someone...usually causing instant death.

My Sneak level is so strong, that even if another character is alerted, they never find me. I just wait till the reticle eyelid shuts, and hear the inevitable "I must be hearing things" (as the bandit steps over the body of his newly fallen comrade, who a mere seconds ago was engaged in fine conversation with...until that arrow pierced his cranium). Then, I proceed onward in terminating every living (and undead) being in my path.

The problem is (of course) that the game's combat is no longer challenging. The only thing keeping me going is the zest for exploration, and completing some of the more interesting story/quest lines.
My arrows did almost no damage, it was really getting on my nerves. I pretty much completely switched over to dual daggers now. Gemfeeder in one hand, Mehrunes' Razor in the other. Slittin' throats like there's no tomorrow.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I really haven't touched archery, but starting to feel like a truly badass assassin, I can understand how adding ranged attacks to the mix would make me feel completely unstoppable.

Zeke

I'm the same way I needed a change up so now I've been running around with a war axe fighting to get the thrill of battle back.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What can I do with human flesh? I won't eat it!

edit: Wow, do NOT go back to the shrine of Talos in Makrath if you have escaped the cidnah mines already. The guards were saying the same as before the quest and were going to kill me. BUGGED

Volimar

What can I do with human flesh? I won't eat it!

Soylent Nirnroot.

I ran into my first real glitch. In the Forlorn conspiracy quest
I got all of the evidence and took it back to the guy in the shrine of talos only to find him dead with imperial guards standing over his corpse. UESP says they're suppose to try to arrest me triggering another quest, but they didn't. They just treated me normally. This appears to be a fairly common bug, and UESP lists a possible fix, so I might try it later.

edit: Wow, do NOT go back to the shrine of Talos in Makrath if you have escaped the cidnah mines already. The guards were saying the same as before the quest and were going to kill me. BUGGED

UESP lists a few of those bugs and possible ways to fix it.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:No_One_Escapes_Cidhna_Mine

bj00rn_

Banned
Just discovered one of the main quest breaking bugs "speak with galmar"..

Good thing I had a save from 2 hours earlier.. (And now I'm sure I'm never again going to trust autosave..)

Anyway, was randomly watching some soldiers training archery in Solitude. 1 arrow = 1 coin for me, so I walked over and collected some of the arrows one of the guys had shot into the target. When I was walking away, the guy turned around and said

"You can sell that junk at the ____ store"...

Kinda caught me by surprise.. I love these subtle insignificant moments in Skyrim...And good thing there are quite a few of them too.

okenny

Banned
No, the game's just forcing you to make the right decision.

Yeah, it's probably a bug. The Stormcloak side has an even worse one than that.

Yeah... :( It's the decision I was going to make anyways, it's just not the timing I wanted. I really wanted to do as much as I could in the game from a neutral perspective. I get the feeling that all sort of dickery will be exposed to my character magically after I pick sides. It'll be like a magical decree went out throughout the land proclaiming that I've picked sides :/

Yeah... :( It's the decision I was going to make anyways, it's just not the timing I wanted. I really wanted to do as much as I could in the game from a neutral perspective. I get the feeling that all sort of dickery will be exposed to my character magically after I pick sides. It'll be like a magical decree went out throughout the land proclaiming that I've picked sides :/

The only consequence you'll experience from the start is that the Stormcloak quests will automatically become unavailable, and Stormcloaks will become hostile if you near one of their camps. That's it.

Socreges

Banned
Question:

If I miss a side quest in Riverwood (for example), is it gone forever? This woman wanted me to follow her to do something, but I let it be and now she's just talking to me as if it was never an option. Can they always be retriggered somehow?

nel e nel

Question:

If I miss a side quest in Riverwood (for example), is it gone forever? This woman wanted me to follow her to do something, but I let it be and now she's just talking to me as if it was never an option. Can they always be retriggered somehow?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, she just takes you to the edge of town and points you in the direction you need to go to finish the quest. I think you need to go to
Bleak Falls Barrow

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
So how many other people got screwed on the
Repair the White Phial
quest? I had already cleared the area from which I'm supposed to get a specific Briar Heart long before the quest, so when I actually got it, for whatever reason the one I picked up from the marked enemy didn't do anything to advance the quest. I really could have used the end result of that quest.

Yep...I broke the game

aBfxN.jpg

Socreges

Banned
If it's the one I'm thinking of, she just takes you to the edge of town and points you in the direction you need to go to finish the quest. I think you need to go to
Bleak Falls Barrow
Yep, that's it. Long since found and finished the area. I couldn't remember what she had said, though. Thanks.

Another question... more fundamental:

Do you guys think it's worth picking up virtually every weapon and piece of apparel along the way in order to sell it later? I'm at least making sure that the weight to value ratio is decent (e.g., 1:5), but it's pretty tedious (micro-managing as I try to stay around my max carry weight) so I'm thinking it may be better use of my time to just skip it with few exceptions and depend on other sources of money.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Just started. Awesome so far. Like every other installment I'm a human warrior. I've never been a Mage, thief, elf, etc., ever. Lol.

bengraven

How can I remarry?

If you're on PC the easiest way for now (until we get the Creation Kit for some reason) is the divorce mod.

If you're on consoles...well...there's always DLC!

I don't even know how to marry in the first place.

Go to the temple of Mara in Riften and speak with Maramel. Ask about how you get married and eventually he'll tell you to put on an Amulet of Mara and people will have new dialogue options. Now pick the girl, furry, scalie, or brawny man of your choosing.

Ask them if they're interested, if so you're engaged. Go back to Maramel and talk to him, then wait for your wedding to start.

TTG

So how many other people got screwed on the
Repair the White Phial
quest? I had already cleared the area from which I'm supposed to get a specific Briar Heart long before the quest, so when I actually got it, for whatever reason the one I picked up from the marked enemy didn't do anything to advance the quest. I really could have used the end result of that quest.

WTF, there's a way to do more with that than give it back to the old guy at the store? I never even got the option to, was disappointed by that actually. I wouldn't mind the effect it's suppose to have even though I don't ever touch alchemy.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Anyone married Senna? She's a priest in Dibella's temple. Does she move into your house?

bob page

Who the hell can I sell these damn dragon bones and scales too, I've been walking along forever can't find a buyer!! I'm in windhelm ATM, please tell me theres someone here

E/ nvm found one :)

So the only point to those is to get money? I was saving mine because I figured they might be used later or something.

And do gems have any use? I have a huge stockpile of garnets and amethysts sitting around.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
WTF, there's a way to do more with that than give it back to the old guy at the store? I never even got the option to, was disappointed by that actually. I wouldn't mind the effect it's suppose to have even though I don't ever touch alchemy.

After you turn the thing into the old guy, he eventually falls ill and is bedridden. A few game days later, a courier should find you somewhere with a letter from the apprentice, saying that he thinks he knows how to repair the thing. You get sent on a fetch quest for three items,
but like I said, in my case I had already cleared the area with one of the relevant items, and apparently obtained a quest version of the item before the quest even started. Now I'm stuck with that item permanently in my inventory and can't obtain the quest reward.
There's no need to do alchemy with it from what I understand. You tell the apprentice what sort of effect you'd like, and there's a list of maybe six different effects. You can use the thing once a day, and it will automatically refill itself the next day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh Camilla... you really need to hit up the Temple of Kynareth...

edit: Huh, just read about the Heart of Dibella quest.
Agent of Dibella seems like it'd be awfully useful to female characters if Draugr count as male. :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So, i just had an ancient dragon attacking the College of Mages at Winterhold. Shit is pretty epic with all the mages fighting him. Almost want to make a permanent save there for the epicness.

1V0xJ.jpg

Top Bottom