• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

I agree with your take, in particular the bolded points. There were a few missions that mixed things up on the Stormcloak side - ambushing a wagon of supplies, using blackmail to gain intelligence on the enemy, freeing prisoners, etc. - but there were too many forts to capture. The city battles were better, as there were sub-goals woven into them, but for #3 plays out a whole lot like fort #1.

The lack of consequence to picking a side was my biggest beef. I should not be the Stormcloak war hero and be able to waltz down the streets of Solitude to buy arrows from their fletcher for use in taking the next Imperial fort. In addition to being silly, it prevents my actions from having any real meaning, and from making me feel like the word is taking note of me.

Skyrim uses dialog from people that makes note of different events I've driven (so and so was assassinated, the College of Winterhold found something, etc.), but that is not an effective substitute for actual consequence. The state of the world after the war is pretty much the same as it was during the war.

Find I enjoy Skyrim the most when I'm not focusing on one quest line, but nudging it along as I fold other tasks and questing into the mix. That way any repetition on things like forts or assasinations is dilluted.
Wow. So all of that was on the Stormcloak side, too? Because they have you do all of that stuff on the Imperial side as well. :/

I know Skyrim is all about player choice, but I kind of wish the game would force you to slow down, do a certain number of quests, then allow you to proceed. This would allow the world time to react to the events unfolding in the war.

Ugh, the civil war plot. There's an interesting idea there (self-determination for a country versus strengthening a fading empire), but the unlikable characters on both sides and feedback about how pointless it is overall have made me consider just never doing it. I wish there was an option to convince them both to unite against the Thalmor or for the Dragonborn to lead his/her own non-racist-as-hell revolution.

If I ever do get around to it just to get it out of the way, I'll probably roll Imperial because I think Ulfric and his followers are gigantic tools.

GhaleonEB

Wow. So all of that was on the Stormcloak side, too? Because they have you do all of that stuff on the Imperial side as well. :/
I have a theory about the Civil War quest line. I think it was initially concieved of as part of the main quest, and at some point in that quest we'd decide to pick a side and fight for them, or force a truce. As the game developed it was splintered off into a stand-alone quest line, but there wasn't enough time to flesh out both sides, or make the war more compelling. Thus the duplication of the quests on both sides and the general haphazard feel to it.

I have nothing to base that on other than the game itself. Starting a second character made me realize how deeply the civil war story is tied into the start of the game, which is odd - the're basically framing the entire introduction around a side quest. My understanding is the Civil War touches part of the main quest at one point, which may be an artifact of how they once were connected.

I know Skyrim is all about player choice, but I kind of wish the game would force you to slow down, do a certain number of quests, then allow you to proceed. This would allow the world time to react to the events unfolding in the war.
This is the blessing and curse of this kind of game: you can go at your own pace. But the world has to accomodate it. With rare exception, you're free to walk away from events in progress, and when you come back, they are still in progress. If you want to tear through a quest line quickly, you can leverage fast travel and focus on it and do so quickly. Or you can draw it out as you see fit, and everyone involved will let you.

There's a quest for the Dark Brotherhood that highlights this dilemma well. At one point, you have to kill someone at a wedding. Because the game allows us to pick and choose our quests, we are not forced to go straight there and kill them. The downside is, that wedding will take place every day, forever, until we show up and kill them. They're just there so we can kill them.

It's what I've taken to calling the World on Pause feature. Basically every important thing in the world waits for you to come along and influence it directly, without forcing you to do so. To make a believable world, there are all these game systems to create the artifice of a living place, things happening. But really, everyone is going through motions waiting for us to come along. That's the primary source of tension in the games I've played (Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim).

A compromise system would be for Bethesda to work in more consequence (ala the Civil War quest line), but also partial failures if we dawdle too long. Imagine if we had a goal to kill that person at the wedding, and we got a bonus if we did it during the ceremony. But if we don't, and miss the ceremony, we still need to kill them where they live, we just miss the bonus. Of course, as soon as that kind of timed event is introduced and expanded across the game, the complexity of the game just detonates, and it's already an incredibly complex game to build.

Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way than it is now. I relish the freedom to take my own pace, and walk away from quest lines when I feel like it, returning when the mood or convenience fits. But letting me do so means there are some peculiarities that must exist.

I was absolutely sure that the civil war was going to be part of the main quest. Like you said, it's the introduction, the first choice you get in the game (other than character creation) is running off with an Imperial or a Stormcloak and thus getting a nudge in certain directions. The first city you'll probably head to is Whiterun, which is caught between the two sides, with two families prominently talking about their allegiances. Then it just sort of peters out unless you choose a side.

As for timed quests, I was trying to get into Daggerfall recently (good lord, the combat in that game is punishing. Swing 100 times, hit twice), and the sidequests there are totally time sensitive. You need to rescue a child from orcs within 77 days, you need to deliver this gemstone and get back to the quest giver within a week, you have 14 days to return a rogue ranger to justice. Combined with fast travel in Daggerfall costing various amounts of money and days based on how you choose to fast travel (horse, foot, boat, ship, carefully, recklessly, staying at inns, camping), the passing of time actually means something.

In Skyrim (and Oblivion, and Fallout) days are utterly meaningless for the most part. You can wait for a whole year in game and nothing changes.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
I finally got Skyrim for Christmas and started playing this week. I only kill things by smashing them in the face with my shield, repeatedly, so I maxed out block pretty quickly. The top perk is crazy fun, and it's something I've been looking forward to playing with since the perks list first leaked. It's hilarious, and pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.

Now that I've maxed block, I'm not really sure what else I should start leveling up. One handed weapons seems sort of boring, but I guess I either have to choose between that and destruction.

Rather than level up 1-handed or destruction, I've opted to put points into restoration. Now that my heals restore stamina, I can endlessly bash faces. I don't really take much damage, so DPS isn't a concern anyway.

GhaleonEB

I was absolutely sure that the civil war was going to be part of the main quest. Like you said, it's the introduction, the first choice you get in the game (other than character creation) is running off with an Imperial or a Stormcloak and thus getting a nudge in certain directions. The first city you'll probably head to is Whiterun, which is caught between the two sides, with two families prominently talking about their allegiances. Then it just sort of peters out unless you choose a side.
Aye, very good points, and more signs they were coupled at one point.

As for timed quests, I was trying to get into Daggerfall recently (good lord, the combat in that game is punishing. Swing 100 times, hit twice), and the sidequests there are totally time sensitive. You need to rescue a child from orcs within 77 days, you need to deliver this gemstone and get back to the quest giver within a week, you have 14 days to return a rogue ranger to justice. Combined with fast travel in Daggerfall costing various amounts of money and days based on how you choose to fast travel (horse, foot, boat, ship, carefully, recklessly, staying at inns, camping), the passing of time actually means something.

In Skyrim (and Oblivion, and Fallout) days are utterly meaningless for the most part. You can wait for a whole year in game and nothing changes.

This is one area where the Radiant quest system could help. You could have tons of timed quests on queue, and if you fail them, the game will just be generating more side tasks as it does now. Over time they'll drop off, but we'd get additional ones added on. Wouldn't work for major side quests and such, but the nuts and bolts are there for a lot of the lower level quests.

And the game DOES inform you when you experience something new. My new character just had his enchanted weapon run out of juice for the first time, and the game immediately showed me a little window explaining what was going on and why.

lil smoke

Banned
Okay, Frenzy IS pretty fun. Decided to put on my magic gear and try it against a group of Falmer. Stood back and watched with a big smile on my face. This supports my character very well.

TTG

Ugh, the civil war plot. There's an interesting idea there (self-determination for a country versus strengthening a fading empire), but the unlikable characters on both sides and feedback about how pointless it is overall have made me consider just never doing it. I wish there was an option to convince them both to unite against the Thalmor or for the Dragonborn to lead his/her own non-racist-as-hell revolution.

If I ever do get around to it just to get it out of the way, I'll probably roll Imperial because I think Ulfric and his followers are gigantic tools.

It doesn't help that it feels like the Imperial Army has recruited about 8 people to quash the rebellion. There's the player, a couple of commanding officers, the general, and the same 4 NPCs that spawn somewhere around the fort you're suppose to take next.

It's another instance where this particular technical limitation is highlighted. Anytime there's suppose to be a big event in the game, it fails. The game doesn't do a lot of characters on screen or much storytelling in general and, as mentioned, the game world doesn't adjust. What ends up happening is more like some high school play unrolls before our eyes. The emperor showed up in Solitude? Oh here's 2 specially dressed guards in the courtyard and the emperor locked away in a wing of the castle, sitting at the head of a table along with 3 other NPCs.

Okay, Frenzy IS pretty fun. Decided to put on my magic gear and try it against a group of Falmer. Stood back and watched with a big smile on my face. This supports my character very well.

One of the strongest spells in the game, when used right. Invaluable for magic/stealth playthroughs.

I just noticed that one of my characters has a permanent Enchanting bonus way beyond having 100 skill. Elemental damage bonus goes up to 385, attack damage bonus for archery, one hand and two hand goes up to 501% and health, stamina and magicka can get a bonus of 770. I wonder how that happened.

It doesn't help that it feels like the Imperial Army has recruited about 8 people to quash the rebellion. There's the player, a couple of commanding officers, the general, and the same 4 NPCs that spawn somewhere around the fort you're suppose to take next.

It's another instance where this particular technical limitation is highlighted. Anytime there's suppose to be a big event in the game, it fails. The game doesn't do a lot of characters on screen or much storytelling in general and, as mentioned, the game world doesn't adjust. What ends up happening is more like some high school play unrolls before our eyes. The emperor showed up in Solitude? Oh here's 2 specially dressed guards in the courtyard and the emperor locked away in a wing of the castle, sitting at the head of a table along with 3 other NPCs.

Thats part of the reason I've avoided the Civil War quests with all of my characters. I can't wait for a true next gen Elder Scrolls game. I want massive cities with hundreds or thousands of people walking through the streets. I want armies that are actually armies and not just a small band of warriors.

soldat7

Just like the pen and paper RPGs I used to play lol.

GhaleonEB

One of the strongest spells in the game, when used right. Invaluable for magic/stealth playthroughs.

Yup, it's a lot of fun. Last night I did the first quest the Jarl of Markarth sends you on before you can buy a house there (Deepwood Redoubt, I think). On my last (aborted) melee charater those guys just demolished me. This time around I used a mix of archery and frenzy/calm to just dismantle the place. I was slow and methodical, at some points using frenzy in one hand and calm in the other to orchestrate brawls, during which I'd back off and toss in arrows to manage the fight down more evenly. It's such a different way to play and hugely satisfying.
And the game DOES inform you when you experience something new. My new character just had his enchanted weapon run out of juice for the first time, and the game immediately showed me a little window explaining what was going on and why.

Yup, there's a lot of that, for many actions. And the in-game help menu is far deeper than I expected. I wonder how many people even know about it.

Jeff Chen

Banned

They might have got hundreds of stuff wrong, but they still did thousands correct. If we keep cheering on everything they got correctly, our life will be much more joyful! (
sarcastic
)

lil smoke

Banned
They might have got hundreds of stuff wrong, but they still did thousands correct. If we keep cheering on everything they got correctly, our life will be much more joyful! (
sarcastic
)

Little simple things i love:

-In my Whiterun home, Lydia sitting just eating bread. Too cute.

-My new companion Brelyna (sp) upstairs with me exchanging goods, and lydia comes upstairs and just stands there looking at us, jealously.

TTG

ANYONE DO THE
PELAGIUS MADNESS
MISSION? NOT WHAT I WOULD HASVE EXPECTED AT ALL....EVEN IN THIS GAME

Yea, fun things like that pop up every now and again. Anyone remember the quest in Oblivion that had you transported inside a painting? That was one of the most memorable moments in that game, for me.

The bonus of the unique weapons to go along with these wacky deadric quests is fun too. Anyone try playing with the dream staff or the ebony blade? I wonder how viable the use of those weapons actually is. Personally, I've been using the Nightblade(or whatever it's called, glows and makes undead explode), the BFG looking and soul trapping mace and the Senguine Rose. I don't wear ebony mail anymore because the effect tends to get in the way of aiming with a bow, but that one was great too.

Holy shit. So the leader of the Greybeards
is a dragon
?! Mind blow. This quest has just took a turn for the interesting. Excellent. My interest has been piqued.

So, listening to him, I seem to got something confused.
So the ancient Blades used Dragonren to make Alduin experience immortality, then used the Elder Scroll to inadvertently fling him forward in time, into the present. Why didn't they just kill him after they used the Dragonren shout?

If these are answered later in the quest, let me now. :p

Holy shit. So the leader of the Greybeards
is a dragon
?! Mind blow. This quest has just took a turn for the interesting. Excellent. My interest has been piqued.

So, listening to him, I seem to got something confused.
So the ancient Blades used Dragonren to make Alduin experience immortality, then used the Elder Scroll to inadvertently fling him forward in time, into the present. Why didn't they just kill him after they used the Dragonren shout?

If these are answered later in the quest, let me now. :p

They're not ancient Blades, they're just Nordic heroes. And yeah, it's all explained later on.

sarcastic
)

I noted that because Dax was complaining the game didn't tell him about it. :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

It was so poorly done, it made me think a lot less of the game overall. I was really excited for the plot when I first started the game. I played a Nord, went with the Stormcloak guy, had a moonlight chat in his small village about the tyrannical Empire, and decided to side with these guys. It was awesome! Then I made it to Ulfric's place, got asked by his right hand man "why a foreigner like you would want to fight for Skyrim?" (wtf, I'm a Nord!), and got sent on a series of bullshit quests that have absolutely zero effect on the world even when played to completion.

This is my main complaint about Skyrim and TES games in general. Nothing you ever do will ever have any meaningful effect on the world. It was such a disconnect to be the goddamn prophecied Dovahkiin and have defeated Alduin, the destroyer of worlds, yet still be treated like a nobody across the world. Head of the Mage guild? "Hey, aren't you that guy from the college?" Head of any organization? No recognition. Nothing changes.

If I ever do start the quest, please tell me that the fact that the goddamned Dragonborn, a being just like Tiber Septim himself whose name was spoken by the Greybeards for the first time in centuries causing the entire land to shake, choosing sides in the conflict gets some kind of recognition. Especially since Talos is a huge part of the war. Like, you'd think it'd make either the Stormcloaks or the Imperials second guess themselves a bit if they found out that this ancient prophesied hero is on the other side.

Because it's funny to shout all around in Ulfric's castle or the palace at Solitude or right in front of people at the mage college and either get blank stares or a "what was that!?"

If I ever do start the quest, please tell me that the fact that the goddamned Dragonborn, a being just like Tiber Septim himself whose name was spoken by the Greybeards for the first time in centuries causing the entire land to shake, choosing sides in the conflict gets some kind of recognition. Especially since Talos is a huge part of the war. Like, you'd think it'd make either the Stormcloaks or the Imperials second guess themselves a bit if they found out that this ancient prophesied hero is on the other side.

Because it's funny to shout all around in Ulfric's castle or the palace at Solitude or right in front of people at the mage college and either get blank stares or a "what was that!?"

It's acknowledged, yeah. At least it was in my playthrough.

In my new one, I'm just about ready to head to Solitude and join up... I met a farmer near Whiterun who was on his way there, and for a moment thought I'd join him on the road. But fuck, Whiterun to Solitude's a long walk, and the guy was walking damn slow.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

No recognition at all. They treat you like a shitty soldier, have you report to lieutenants and what not in the field, and give you better ranks at certain intervals and worthless item rewards.

Really? What happened? I don't recall any recognition of my being the Dovahkiin in either faction's story.

GhaleonEB

In my new one, I'm just about ready to head to Solitude and join up... I met a farmer near Whiterun who was on his way there, and for a moment thought I'd join him on the road. But fuck, Whiterun to Solitude's a long walk, and the guy was walking damn slow.

I once followed a farmer, who was going to sacrifice his cow to the giants in order to keep them off his farm, from the mountains near Helgen to the plains north of Whiterun. Took about a half hour. I followed him because I was hoping the giants would smack him upside the head once he got there. Alas, he just walked off, leaving the cow behind. The giants didn't even seem to notice it.

I dropped his body in the river.

soldat7

So, has anyone gone back to play Oblivion? I'm kinda tempted, but I know that it won't be as fun as I remember.

When I get my new PC, I'm gonna play it with mods. Played on 360 back in '06 and was blown away. I'm afraid of being sorely disappointed if I tried it on 360 again.

Speaking of 360...why in the mudcrab nuts is the game only 4GB or so? There are several more gigs they could have used to pump up the texture detail, amongst other stuff. Maybe platform limitations?

CloudWolf

Really? What happened? I don't recall any recognition of my being the Dovahkiin in either faction's story.
When I finished the Stormcloaks questline, Ulfrich mentioned it very briefly and I imagine the Imperials do the same.

By the way, does anybody else find it odd that in Skyrim's world apparently everybody knows of all your doings (or at least, heard rumors about it). Seriously, when I hear Imperial soldiers talking about how they heard a rumor that
I killed the Emperor
, I really start to wonder why they don't just arrest me on the spot. Especially since they don't hesitate to kill a person over stuff like a stolen carrot. Also, who is spreading these rumors?

GhaleonEB

Speaking of 360...why in the mudcrab nuts is the game only 4GB or so? There are several more gigs they could have used to pump up the texture detail, amongst other stuff. Maybe platform limitations?
I'm guessing performance.
When I finished the Stormcloaks questline, Ulfrich mentioned it very briefly and I imagine the Imperials do the same.

By the way, does anybody else find it odd that in Skyrim's world apparently everybody knows of all your doings (or at least, heard rumors about it). Seriously, when I hear Imperial soldiers talking about how they heard a rumor that
I killed the Emperor
, I really start to wonder why they don't just arrest me on the spot. Especially since they don't hesitate to kill a person over stuff like a stolen carrot. Also, who is spreading these rumors?

It's Bethesda's way of trying to make you feel like your actions have consequences, without having to actual create consequences. I thought it was neat at first, but now every guard that makes a snarky comment about my skills goes on my shit list for my homicidal final character. She's going to heavily de-populate the cities.

GhaleonEB

When do I learn the third word in Unrelenting Force? I only have the first two for some reason...

Advance the main quest a few notches. IIRC, you learn it early in that. I had it on my first character and I barely moved it forward.

I might be mistaken and got it from a random dungeon, but I thought it was from that.

CloudWolf

It's Bethesda's way of trying to make you feel like your actions have consequences, without having to actual create consequences. I thought it was neat at first, but now every guard that makes a snarky comment about my skills goes on my shit list for my homicidal final character. She's going to heavily de-populate the cities.
Yeah, it was also in Oblivion, but iirc it was done much better than in Skyrim, with the NPC's only reacting to stuff that the guilds did and not to you specific. Skyrim really gives me the idea that there's a whole group of obsessive "Dohvahkiin-followers" that report everything I do to the guards. Seriously, how would all the guards know I'm part of the College of Winterhold, when I haven't even done my first proper quest for them?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
She's going to heavily de-populate the cities.

Are you sure you don't mean "She's going to heavily temporarily knock out a lot of the population?"

Yeah, it was also in Oblivion, but iirc it was done much better than in Skyrim, with the NPC's only reacting to stuff that the guilds did and not to you specific. Skyrim really gives me the idea that there's a whole group of obsessive "Dohvakiin-followers" that report everything I do to the guards. Seriously, how would all the guards know I'm part of the College of Winterhold, when I haven't even done my first proper quest for them?

Yep. This was the huge downside of putting the focus of the story on the player character and making *you* the hero of the land. I'm honestly not really seeing any upsides to it (outside of early mumblings about your potential and the trek up the mountain).

It's really too bad Bethesda couldn't follow throw and allow there to be actual consequences for your actions.

I'm guessing performance.

I poison every guard who asks if someone stole my sweet roll.

It was so poorly done, it made me think a lot less of the game overall. I was really excited for the plot when I first started the game. I played a Nord, went with the Stormcloak guy, had a moonlight chat in his small village about the tyrannical Empire, and decided to side with these guys. It was awesome! Then I made it to Ulfric's place, got asked by his right hand man "why a foreigner like you would want to fight for Skyrim?" (wtf, I'm a Nord!), and got sent on a series of bullshit quests that have absolutely zero effect on the world even when played to completion.

This is my main complaint about Skyrim and TES games in general. Nothing you ever do will ever have any meaningful effect on the world. It was such a disconnect to be the goddamn prophecied Dovahkiin and have defeated Alduin, the destroyer of worlds, yet still be treated like a nobody across the world. Head of the Mage guild? "Hey, aren't you that guy from the college?" Head of any organization? No recognition. Nothing changes.
You may be a Nord, but you're still an outsider... You arrived in Skyrim from Cyrodiil at the start of the game. Same reason even Dunmer get called 'Outlander' in Morrowind.

@Ghaleon: I once followed one on an epic journey I posted a while back. Good times, man.

As for the 'acknowledging Dovahkiin'-part, there's obviously the
negotiation during the main quest
. Tullius doesn't directly refer to you as sich, I think, but he does remark on the aforementioned quest and calls you a 'special' individual or something. And at the enf of the Imperial questline, Ulfric too comments on you as 'the Dragonborn'.

Sober

So I have been playing mostly with a warhammer, and for perks I have been sinking points into the warhammer skill in the 2nd or 3rd(?) tier (ignores armour). Is there a reason to also use greataxes and greatswords?

Also, I know blocking sucks with a 2hander but is there a reliable way to make someone attacking you stagger or is that just random + perks in block?

TTG

I killed the Emperor

Reminds me of something from Idle Thumbs about Splinter Cell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCkg99jHxwY

I don't know what's up with that design philosophy, it sounds much better in theory.... psst I know who you are, hail Sithis!

GhaleonEB

So, I'd read on the wiki that the Abandoned Shack had a container players can use until they buy a house. (It still does.) My daughter stored many of her supplies there, and few days later goes back, to find 90% of it gone, including most of her best loot.

That included her only flawless diamond and the Wabbajack, which she loved dearly. Needless to say, she's crushed - that was what she'd been using extensively. That really, really sucks. Lots of unique items toast. It's really wreaked her game.

Andrew.

Banned
can someone help me....i found the ragged flaggon tavern...but the guy im supposed to meet is chillin outside the door in a small room...when does he go into the flaggon?

the_id

106 hours in, on my PS3 11mb save. I've completed the main, companions and college quests. Currently just doing random miscellenous quests and daedric quests.

I had a drink with Sam in Whiterun. Then it trully was A Night To Remember~~~
Best quest ever!

Love this game.

PS: I am experiencing occasional slowdowns on the main map, but these last for a few minutes and are not game breaking....for me at least. Load times initally are taking very long as well. But disabling autosave doesn't seem to affect it. I have also encounterd some broken quests but this wasn't gamebreaking for me.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just started. Pumped a bunch of hours in the last couple of days, mostly consuming my time with side quest, not yet reached the Greybeards. Not sure how I can join the Stormcloaks, given how bigoted they are toward my race, but I don't really care for the empire either. :p

Heading toward the Greybeards, ran into some travels on the way to a wedding. They got mauled by a troll, but the woman escaped. Not sure where she ended up.

So many places I've passed up exploring so far, because I was full of loot, or enemies seemed too high in level / numbers. Not fast traveling right now, trying to take in the world as a whole.

Jeff Chen

Banned
So, I'd read on the wiki that the Abandoned Shack had a container players can use until they buy a house. (It still does.) My daughter stored many of her supplies there, and few days later goes back, to find 90% of it gone, including most of her best loot.

That included her only flawless diamond and the Wabbajack, which she loved dearly. Needless to say, she's crushed - that was what she'd been using extensively. That really, really sucks. Lots of unique items toast. It's really wreaked her game.

1. Always save to different slots;
2. Buy a house in whiterun (it's not hard AT ALL!!)
3. Use the console to get back the important stuff you've lost (in case you are playing the PC version)
4. After you finish the
No Stone Unturned
quest, flawless diamond will try to flood every chest you come by...

GhaleonEB

1. Always save to different slots;
2. Buy a house in whiterun (it's not hard AT ALL!!)
3. Use the console to get back the important stuff you've lost (in case you are playing the PC version)
4. After you finish the
No Stone Unturned
quest, flawless diamond will try to flood every chest you come by...

I know, and I've been nudging her toward that as much as I can, but she doesn't want dragons in her world. She just bought the house in Riften and loves it dearly. The stuff she lost was days and about eight levels ago, so she doesn't want to go back - the saves are there. It's just crappy to put a usable shack out there with a chest that zaps your loot.

Pollux

Does anyone else only keep one save file per character in order to have a sense of permanence? Or am I just being stupid and gambling since glitches can completely screw me over.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Does anyone else only keep one save file per character in order to have a sense of permanence? Or am I just being stupid and gambling since glitches can completely screw me over.

Between glitches, and accidental overwrites, I'd say you're walking a dangerous path.

Top Bottom