• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think only the Thieves Guild armor and rewards scale, the rest of the quest rewards don't.

But what does it mean exactly? That i should wait until im like lvl 50 before doing their quests? Kinda sucks since i made sneaky character... Guess i could still go with the Dark Brotherhood first.

But what does it mean exactly? That i should wait until im like lvl 50 before doing their quests? Kinda sucks since i made sneaky character... Guess i could still go with the Dark Brotherhood first.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. I did the Thieves Guild first and foremost with my sneaky thief character, and I suffered no ill effects whatsoever. It's only for those who really obsess over numbers that this kind of stuff really matters. By the time I finished the questline I was relatively high up in level, and the later quest rewards were very decent.

Finished up the Main Quest last night. It was a fun and satisfying ending. Immediately followed that up with killing another dragon and finding a shout wall. Was glad to see that you can continue to collect dragon souls and shouts after the MQ is done.

Now I'm going to explore around a bit and start working on a few of the side quests that are still left undone. I haven't done the Dark Brotherhood yet, nor the Civl War story line. Plus plenty of other large quests to do, and some sections of the map that are largely unexplored. I even know of a massive fortress that I spotted in the distance while on a different quest in the Northwest section of the map that I want to go explore as well.

I love that when you "finish" an Elder Scrolls game, there is still so much fun stuff left to do.

Sushen

There's an alternate ending to the quest. Instead of killing and eating the guy you've lured there, you can kill the cannibals. That will clear it.

I know what to do, but I'm stuck between becoming a
cannibal
or having an unfinished quest that will remind me for the rest of the gameplay.

Can somebody point me to a good guide for enchanting my gear? I'm trying to focus on Destruction (fire) and understand that I should try to cut the cost of my spells. I'm a bit lost when it comes to what I need to do to enchant items.

GhaleonEB

I know what to do, but I'm stuck between becoming a
cannibal
or having an unfinished quest that will remind me for the rest of the gameplay.

Doing what I suggested will actually clear the quest, it will not remain unfinished. It's an alternate solution. There's even an alternate reward
if you keep the victim safe.
That's true, but there's something else to keep in mind. To get the Oblivion Walker achievement, you need 15 of the 16 items given upon completion of these quests. The only reason there's room for 1 "error" is because of a quest where you can acquire 2 items, even though it's presented as an either/or. Some of these quests have alternate endings, but if you want a shot at the achievement, you should pick the right ending, the one where you get the item.

The item in this case isn't all that great(
some enchanted ring if I remember correctly, gives you an extra boost when eating human meat or something
), but a lot of times they are. So, I would recommend trying both paths in most cases, who cares about a few innocent NPC's?

This is also worth keeping in mind. I didn't want to complete it either, as even for my semi-evil character it was too far. But I wanted to see what the reward was, dammit. What's a little human flesh when there's loot involved?

Morokh

Any good way to get up to the persuasion perk without power leveling!

Sell every stack of items one at a time (and not the entire pile at once) especially it it is an expensive item it will help raise your speech skill more quickly.
Buy Speech training (Bard's College in Solitude)

Only legit ways to up speech I know.

cdyhybrid

Can somebody point me to a good guide for enchanting my gear? I'm trying to focus on Destruction (fire) and understand that I should try to cut the cost of my spells. I'm a bit lost when it comes to what I need to do to enchant items.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Enchanting

Basically, you need to find an item (or buy one) with the magical effect you are looking for, disenchant it at the Arcane Enchanting table to learn it, and then use a filled soul gem to enchant the item you want the effect on (also at the table).

There's no cloth armor, per se, just clothes - robes, etc. Try Radiant Raiment in Solitude, just inside the entrance.

"GhaleonEB is online and wants friends to play Skyrim."

Bethesda should give you money for advertising, Ghal. Hopefully you convince some of the heathens who haven't bought it yet. :lol

GhaleonEB

"GhaleonEB is online and wants friends to play Skyrim."

Bethesda should give you money for advertising, Ghal. Hopefully you convince some of the heathens who haven't bought it yet. :lol

Heh. A lot of my friends have that beacon set up, and it amused me enough that I did likewise. I also want my friends to play Skyrim! :lol

I finally got back into the groove of playing Skyrim after the Christmas break (I actually played very little of Skryim over the break since I got way into Saint's Row and some stuff I got during the Steam sale). I've been reconsidering my character skills after looking over the perk trees and I think I'm going to jump into Enchanting on my Archer/Illusionist. I got the bug the other day when I enchanted a ring to Fortify Archery and saw the damage increase... I'm gonna push that shit to the limit! (Well, probably not technically, I don't want to break the experience by exploiting out a 500 damage bow but I wouldn't mind adding a few dozen points of extra damage). I'm level 33 and I really only need 5 or 6 more points in enchanting to get what I need from it.

Does anyone know where I can buy cloth armor (head, feet, hands) to enchant for the mage armor perk in alteration?
There's basically three "armor" types in the game: Light, Heavy, and No Armor. No Armor means wearing regular clothes and/or a robe which is probably what you want to do. It's really easy to find clothes in people's drawers - I have a few different sets of fancy clothes in my Wardrobes.

Andrew.

Banned
Blue, playing ps3 version...my buddy also got a lil of it and ive seen some hints of info on the web about it....its just crackling/popping sounds....like wet wood on a fire(and no its not the in game torches/fires etc). havent played it since the other day when it happened...will try tonight and see if it was a fluke thing.

Macmanus

I've probably put in 150+ hours into this game. A level 30 sword and board and a level 65 magic pants. In that time I've barely explored Riften aside from what is mandatory and to grab Mjorll.

If I want to in theory "clean the place up", is this possible? Pretty much do the opposite of join the thieves guild and dispose of that Black Brier woman.

Macmanus

That's odd, because I've seen gloves regularly just wandering around dungeons. I have no need for them, so I just let 'em be, but they are definitely around.

It's the magic of when you're looking for something/not looking for something it will never appear or appear all the time.

On my warewolf character I couldn't walk more than 10 feet without Cure Disease potions falling from the sky and hitting me on the head. On my next character that I've spent twice as much time with I've found maybe 5.

Wow, the Civil War was... anticlimactic. And I didn't like how most of the missions couldn't proceed at your own pace.

Although I will admit that there's a great joy in doing it after you beat the main quest, if only for the ability to
summon a dragon to attack a fortress or city and roast some Stormcloaks.

Just been chasing the headless horseman ghost for ages, is it just an easter egg of is there more to it?

It leads you to a certain tomb, which isn't all that special. Then again, I haven't even seen that guy yet, and I'm on my fourth character. :lol

Wulf's looking like a badass in his Legion armor. Stormcloaks gonna get some chop. Now all I need is that Legion Horseman helmet.

Just been chasing the headless horseman ghost for ages, is it just an easter egg of is there more to it?
He guards a graveyard, but during the night he'll randomly spawn in the wilderness and then ride toward it (leading the player there if you follow him) there's no quest or anything associated with him as far as I know. I followed him there once... still see him around sometimes though.

In the 110 hours that I've played the game, I've only seen the headless horseman once. I followed him for a bit, but was on another mission at the time. Next time I find him, I guess I should stay on his tail.

Uriah

So I complete the civil war quest and Hadvar won't stop following me. Anyone know a console command to get him to stop?

When does enchanting get "good?" My character is level 39, enchanting 47, alchemy 55, and all of my options are the pissy base numbers. The best Fortify Enchanting potion I can make is 9%. Why does it still suck?

Uriah

Some thoughts after completing the civil war quest:
I hope in the DLC or expansion you get to go to war with the Thalmor

When does enchanting get "good?" My character is level 39, enchanting 47, alchemy 55, and all of my options are the pissy base numbers. The best Fortify Enchanting potion I can make is 9%. Why does it still suck?

Because your skill in Alchemy and Enchanting is still pretty low, so keep training that. You can also try and find some armor that increases inchanting.

Some thoughts after completing the civil war quest:
I hope in the DLC or expansion you get to go to war with the Thalmor

If the rumors about that Zenimax-developed TES MMO are true, I can actually see this being the plot of that... Would be a sad day, but alas. :(

Shoogoo

A good friend of mine @AcidCrashX has designed this shirt with a mixture of Ace Attorney and Skyrim. Just wondered what you guys think of it. Thought it was quite original mash up :D

Here

I don't understand why there is no depth in the letters R, D & A. And it's a bit bland, but the idea is cool.

Anyway, I just did the quest where
I defended Whiterun against the Stormcloaks
and now Balgruuf and that dark elf chick keep attacking me. Is that a glitch?

I don't understand why there is no depth in the letters R, D & A. And it's a bit bland, but the idea is cool.

Anyway, I just did the quest where
I defended Whiterun against the Stormcloaks
and now Balgruuf and that dark elf chick keep attacking me. Is that a glitch?

Did you accidentally attack one of them? :lol

Andrew.

Banned
Can anyone tell me who the guy held up at the bottom of the
rataway
is....i found him a while ago and he wont let me into the little room he is in.

Andrew.

Banned
I have a bunch of loose gems and stones.....should i store them and hang on to them for a future need or sell them all and take the gold?

GhaleonEB

I have a bunch of loose gems and stones.....should i store them and hang on to them for a future need or sell them all and take the gold?

Hang onto the flawless ones, sell the rest.
Your not missing anything. They're terrible.

I like riding the horses a great deal, they're so much better than Oblivion. The turn controls on the left stick are indeed awful, so I control them as I do the Halo Warthog: push up on the left stick to move, and steer exclusively with the right. I've spent hours just exploring that way.

Though, my current character is going around mostly on foot since it's easy to miss ore and ingredients when galloping around. I just wish the 'horse physics' were better, and we could fight from horseback.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Well I finished the Azura's Shrine quest and what a disappointment.
My soul is transferred into Azura's Star and immediately I'm confronted by the evil mage soul, who I kill easily, and boom, it's over.
. Such an anticlimactic ending. Oh well, at least I got a nice artifact out of it.

Well I finished the Azura's Shrine quest and what a disappointment.
My soul is transferred into Azura's Star and immediately I'm confronted by the evil mage soul, who I kill easily, and boom, it's over.
. Such an anticlimactic ending. Oh well, at least I got a nice artifact out of it.

I think I killed that dude so quickly that when
I respawned back into the real world
the minions were still counted as "alive" so people around me were on alert and tiny blips on my compass were still showing.

Oh, and I may be the only one, but I hope that a future DLC will give us a house with a huge ass library (or at least like twenty book cases). I know some modder's probably already done it, but after my experience with F3/NV I don't like modded houses, they usually feel really fake and overdone.

Top Bottom