• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

OK so I finished the Thieves Guild questline and I have a question:

Wheres the damn Skeleton Key? I know I had it for that one particular Nocturne mission, but I cant remember if I actually got to keep it. I couldve dropped it or sold it also by mistake. I could be totally wrong but does anyone know how to obtain it?

Wanace

So I opened my barrel o' ingredients and checked out my alchemy. I was at 70, and I decided to make some expensive potions to grind up my skill.

The best one was "Damage Magicka Regen" followed by "Slow" (I had the most ingredients for those potions) so I started with them. My Damage Magicka Regen potions were worth 1000+ gold a piece. I made over 25 of them. I worked downwards from most expensive to least expensive, using every ingredient I could, and ended up with an alchemy of 89 when I was finished.

I was way overencumbered at the end of it too, with about 200 pounds of potions in my inventory. I'll never sell all this crap off but it's basically free money if I ever need it. I'm going to get the Purity perk so I can make potions like Paralysis that don't heal my opponent at the same time.

Gravijah

OK so I finished the Thieves Guild questline and I have a question:

Wheres the damn Skeleton Key? I know I had it for that one particular Nocturne mission, but I cant remember if I actually got to keep it. I couldve dropped it or sold it also by mistake. I could be totally wrong but does anyone know how to obtain it?

you don't keep it.
it was required to repair the "link" to nocturnal.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I just want to upgrade my bed in Whiterun. I'm dragonborn not horseborn. That and Lydia make me want to get a house somewhere else.

nib95

Banned
Guys, I need some advice on how best to proceed. Basically, I'm around level 9-10. At first I was levelling up one handed combat, blocking and smithing. But what I'm finding is that generally it takes too long to kill enemies, and second, blocking doesn't really do much. Still taking crap loads of damage and dying more than I'd like. Especially against meaner enemies like
the vampire leader from the Companions mission

I'm a bit lost as to why I'm taking such a bashing given how all my armour (steel and Orkish) is all forged up to Superior levels. I'm finding that with the redundancy of slashing and blocking, I'm having to switch to healing magic mid way, along with constant use of healing potions which totally breaks up the very flow of combat and my one hand sword one hand shield set up. Which in the middle of battle is beyond messy with no real structure (imo the swordplay in this game isn't very polished).

Any advice? Also, does anyone know what ingredients make healing potions?

Many thanks :(

What just happened? I was (spoilers to Mage College 3rd-4th mission)
defending the village
, and at the end I discovered a pile of ash with all the equipment I have given to Lydia. Was she vaporized or smth? Will she come back?

Also, how do I recharge items? Do I have to get the perk from Enchanting tree?

Sarcasm

Hey I am doing one of the infinite thieves guild quest where I have to steal golds that equal up to 500 gold.

Well I grabbed some necklace for 850 and weapons + random junk. It says in Riften and I am there...does it mean outside (as in not in the residents homes?)

Mik2121

This game is great! I bought it yesterday. I'm about 14 hours in at level 11. I just started the Companion quests and on the main quest I'm where I have to speak to the Greybeards.

So I guess I had a companion a long time ago, but I suppose I told them to stay in some random place, because I can't hire anyone new and I have no idea where they are. Any tips on finding them again or will I just have to luck across?

So wait, if I enchant legendary gear, its stats revert back to their normal stats?

That's lame as shit.

EDIT: Huh, wait, the enchanter menu said so, but now I still have my Legendary stats. Sweet.

Dunlop

lol, so the quests are not perfect.

Had a dude want me to take back his castle and let him in, cool I found higher ground and took everyone out with arrows, hope the wall and open the gate...nada

Instead I had to go in a close quarters dungeon and die a dozen times, to come out and close and then reopen the gate :p

syllogism

You can make daedric items without having the applicable perk at
the atronach forge (mage college/midden) after finishing the conjuration ritual spell quest and getting the sigil stone. There's even a recipe for making a random, enchanted daedric item so you can just save/reload until you get something nice.

I was fighting an undead mage of some sorts at the bottom of an island near that town at the base of throat of the world. I was attacking him and my weapon just disappeared! I spent like ten minutes wandering around the room thinking he knocked it out of my hand or something before I gave up. What the hell happened?

Anybody? Spell/bug?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I don't know if I want to do the thief guild and brotherhood quests until my second character, to leave some stuff for them to do. I started what I guess would be the theif guild quests with my 1st character a spell-sword, and I'm wondering if I should just go back a save to tell the guy I'm not interested. Can you talk to him later and say you changed your mind?

Having a quest that I might not do on my quest would kinda suck.

nib95

Banned
Guys, I need some advice on how best to proceed. Basically, I'm around level 9-10. At first I was levelling up one handed combat, blocking and smithing. But what I'm finding is that generally it takes too long to kill enemies, and second, blocking doesn't really do much. Still taking crap loads of damage and dying more than I'd like. Especially against meaner enemies like
the vampire leader from the Companions mission

I'm a bit lost as to why I'm taking such a bashing given how all my armour (steel and Orkish) is all forged up to Superior levels. I'm finding that with the redundancy of slashing and blocking, I'm having to switch to healing magic mid way, along with constant use of healing potions which totally breaks up the very flow of combat and my one hand sword one hand shield set up. Which in the middle of battle is beyond messy with no real structure (imo the swordplay in this game isn't very polished).

Any advice? Also, does anyone know what ingredients make healing potions?

Many thanks :(

^Anyone?

Gravijah

is it me or does navigating through the perk tree suck ass? it never goes to the perk i want.
So I have 500g+ of goods stolen for a quest yet I can not complete it.

I am in the correct town too.

if someone sees you it doesn't seem to count, so make sure.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Jarl: I give you the sword of our city. It is an ancient sword of honor and legend passed down to heroes through the ages to vanquish evil in the darkest of times.
Me: *checks stats* meh *pawns it for 2000g*

NPC: Here, this was my father's pendant, it was his most prized possession, and my own, but you saved my life so I think you should have it. It's the only worthy thanks I can offer you.
Me: *checks stats* meh *disenchants*

level 23 with 24k septim, what to spend it on?

also anyone who has completed Dark brotherhood quest line
If you saves Cicero you can use him as a companion but how? I dont see him anyway.

The game's just tough like that at first. If you keep using your block and one-handed skills, you'll be able to withstand and deal a lot more damage. My block and one-handed are both at 100, and if I put my shield up practically nothing can touch me.

Sarcasm

is it me or does navigating through the perk tree suck ass? it never goes to the perk i want.

if someone sees you it doesn't seem to count, so make sure.

Navigating the entire UI sucks lol.

Also pretty sure cause I would hear people talking and guards? I was able to get into some dudes room, close door, sneak - says hidden and steal from his safe an 890g item, along with others that ended up past 1K.

And all I need is 500g >.>

eek5

I never played with shields but it seems like you should get shield wall up as soon as possible so your blocking is more effective. Get deflect arrows to eliminate arrow damage and then go power bash. One hand will help a lot too. I don't use swords much but I have 5/5 on armsman and with my best sword I now kill dudes in very few hits. If you max out the crit+power moves it would seem like you'd be pretty strong late game (being able to crit with your sword, disarm with your shield, knock people over with shield run etc). As for some enemies kicking your ass, there are some enemies that seem to have a base level that starts pretty high. Not everything is scaling down to you so if you have trouble try a different quest. The game can be pretty difficult in the beginning if you're in the wrong area.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If you tell the guards to fuck off after they tell you to stop "shouting" do they stop coming up to you asking for you to stop?

Get's fucking annoying after awhile.

oneils

Curious whether the coming patch will have balance tweaks..

They are probably going to just squash bugs. Also, I don't remember any Oblivion patches that changed the mechanics of the games. I'm guessing most of their patches will be to squash bugs.

Visceir

level 23 with 24k septim, what to spend it on?

also anyone who has completed Dark brotherhood quest line
If you saves Cicero you can use him as a companion but how? I dont see him anyway.

he is chilling in the old sanctuary when you move there. Dunno why you'd want him as a companion though, I'm considering killing him afterall just so I wouldn't have to listen to his voice.

jorma

is now taking requests
If you tell the guards to fuck off after they tell you to stop "shouting" do they stop coming up to you asking for you to stop?

Get's fucking annoying after awhile.

No, i did that the first time it happened, but that didnt stop one of those guards to (companion quest spoiler)
barge in during the funeral of the harbinger and interrupt the whole ceremony just to tell me to stop shouting!

eek5

Thanks for the answers guys. Think I'm just going to soldier on with the block/one hand sword build.

Thinking about it now, I think I'd do shield bash ASAP since it'll add an attack to your shield arm. I'm guessing it pushes people back and gives you some breathing room to backpeddle.

he is chilling in the old sanctuary when you move there. Dunno why you'd want him as a companion though, I'm considering killing him afterall just so I wouldn't have to listen to his voice.

His shirt has 20% better prices enchantment. Well worth killing him!

No, i did that the first time it happened, but that didnt stop one of those guards to (companion quest spoiler)
barge in during the funeral of the harbinger and interrupt the whole ceremony just to tell me to stop shouting!

I had a courier interrupt that to loudly give me a note.

I hate that guy.

Gattsu25

Banned
Thinking about it now, I think I'd do shield bash ASAP since it'll add an attack to your shield arm. I'm guessing it pushes people back and gives you some breathing room to backpeddle.
From what I understand, this move can cancel an enemy's strong attack. Combine this with the shield perk that slows down the game when an enemy is starting a strong attack and you should be in good shape.

Top Bottom