• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

scy

Tried out smithing and enchanting, never bothered with alchemy because it was pretty tedious.

Out of idle curiosity, I went to see how long it would take to get Alchemy to 100 off of moderately valued Potions (~400). Was something around 1500. From a skill of 50. What the ...

I mean, yeah, I probably could have done better with some of the more expensive combinations but still. Jesus.

There's huge chunks of the game I haven't seen - I plan to do the rest with a final character, an archer/thief, playing on Master with no enchanting or power leveling smithing.

Outside of being sent there for quests, I haven't done anything in 3 of the cities :/ Think my final character will be a Master 2H Paladin-esque character with just Smithing as well (with no Dagger abuse). Should be good times. Or me hating myself. Not sure yet on which.

Dresden

Outside of being sent there for quests, I haven't done anything in 3 of the cities :/ Think my final character will be a Master 2H Paladin-esque character with just Smithing as well (with no Dagger abuse). Should be good times. Or me hating myself. Not sure yet on which.

Yeah, no daggers for my archer guy. By the time my assassin Orc finished the DB quests I was really sick of slitting throats. (Also it gets too easy once you hit a high Sneak level.)

erragal

Out of idle curiosity, I went to see how long it would take to get Alchemy to 100 off of moderately valued Potions (~400). Was something around 1500. From a skill of 50. What the ...

I mean, yeah, I probably could have done better with some of the more expensive combinations but still. Jesus.

Potion value has such a huge part in skill ups which also makes alchemy boosting gear even more valuable. The most confusingly valuable potion I've made is Giant's Toe + Wheat actually; right now they're worth 3900 or so and before I capped out gave me almost half a level per potion.

There are a few weird bugs with crafting as well. If you make a slow poison with damage health on it the damage component will be much higher than it would be on its' own. Similar bug with enchanting; making a fire/shock damage weapon has more fire/shock damage than an absorb/fire or absorb/shock weapon. There are definitely some errors in the way values are assigned in crafting.

Wish my Dovahkiin had a cellphone, sure would make life a lot easier in the later story quests. Go here and talk to this guy, then go here talk to that guy, back to this guy now... guh.

Atrus

Gold Member
CHEEZMO™;32856302 said:
How the hell do you get up to the Eldergleam in the sanctuary?

The roots are blocking the path :/

You need that dagger from the Hagraven requested earlier. Nettlebane is the name I think.

Zeliard

Loving the RDR-style treasure maps in the game. I've found a couple so far and they're effectively drawn. One of them features a distinctive statue and I recently came across it on my way to another quest and recalled it looking familiar (I was able to actually recognize it from the back due to the
winged
helmet). Sure enough it was the right spot.

Treasure map:

http://www.abload.de/img/tesv2011-11-2112-23-2xcwic.png

In-game location:

http://www.abload.de/img/tesv2011-11-2110-04-1qeeg3.png

KingK

Does anyone else have a glitch with the mannequins in their house not working properly (PS3 version)? I'll give it some armor, like a helmet, but then either it's appearance won't change at all, or it's head will turn invisible where the helmet should be.

I also had a glitch in one of my houses where every single piece of furniture disappeared and all my stuff was just laying on the floor. When I came back in, the furniture was there again, but I had to pick up all my stuff.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Does anyone else have a glitch with the mannequins in their house not working properly (PS3 version)? I'll give it some armor, like a helmet, but then either it's appearance won't change at all, or it's head will turn invisible where the helmet should be.

I also had a glitch in one of my houses where every single piece of furniture disappeared and all my stuff was just laying on the floor. When I came back in, the furniture was there again, but I had to pick up all my stuff.

Just had this on the xbox, went looking for my black smith ring and pot in rift, the 2 mannequins were in the middle of the room with nothing on them. Re entered and they were back to normal.

On a side note, my safe in Solitude was wiped out, all my black smith buff crap is gone :( Must have been a thief or a bug.

ShinNL

Wow wow wow, this game is full of surprises. I thought dragons were easy (I play on expert), but then this
random Ancient Dragon showed up and was kicking my ass. Instead of my usual dual wield slashes of doom rush, I had to conjure ranged summons and shoot tiny firebolts. Guards have died, foresworns have died, bandits have died, my follower kneeled many times, but it finally went down. Wearing full daedric and have good magic resist and the game just laughs at me
... I love it :D

Gravijah

CHEEZMO™;32856436 said:
Yeah, I talked to the woman there and she told me, heh.

These spriggans are hard ;_;

did you get
the guy who wanted to go there with you? i have no idea if that was just radiant ai at work or what, because nothing happened when he arrived.

God damn does this game piss me off sometimes. Just fought some boss in the Labyrinthian who could two shot me with a lightning attack. I had to sit on a perch and waste over 70 arrows on the bastard. Is there a specific level I'm supposed to be doing this at? I can't imagine anyone other than a thief being able to take him down easily. Not to mention the tons of ice mages I had to fight to get to him. Why is everyone in this game an ice mage? It wouldn't bother me if they didn't slow you every time they peg you with one of those damn ice spikes so I feel like I'm trudging through molasses just to get close enough to hack them to death.

For my pure melee character I encountered some foes that spammed fireballs at me non-stop. Now I always carry around magic resist gear. Sucks to have to throw it on sometimes, but on some of the enemies it's a necessity. Can't wait to get my enchanting up enough to put these resists on my best gear.

And sometimes you just have to think outside of the box. Fought a boss that throws fireballs at you and summons two frost trolls. We were up on a platform, I was able to shout the trolls down to their death, fire resist the boss and take it out rather quickly.

Chavelo

Wow wow wow, this game is full of surprises. I thought dragons were easy (I play on expert), but then this
random Ancient Dragon showed up and was kicking my ass. Instead of my usual dual wield slashes of doom rush, I had to conjure ranged summons and shoot tiny firebolts. Guards have died, foresworns have died, bandits have died, my follower kneeled many times, but it finally went down. Wearing full daedric and have good magic resist and the game just laughs at me
... I love it :D

Me: MWAHAHAHA, I HAVE BROKEN THE GAME. KNEEL BEFORE ME, SKYRIM!
Skyrim: NOPE.avi

/dies multiple times

Me: :-(

Alchemy

I need to find some armor with 'Fortify Smithing' so I can make some +smithing gear. I still have a couple of levels to go before capping Alchemy (at 82 or so right now), but when I do I'm going to tell level scaling to get bent by abusing the crafting system.

Wilsongt

CHEEZMO™;32856436 said:
Yeah, I talked to the woman there and she told me, heh.

These spriggans are hard ;_;

Apparently there is an alternate way.

There's a guy who wants to come with you, and if you can keep him alive, he will pray at the tree and you get a sapling instead.

Other than that... I did a nose dive into the water and ran like hell.

anddo0

Yet another glitched quest, this time pantea's flute.

Just a warning to those who like to explore.. Don't pickup everything you see. I found that most named objects that aren't weapons are glitched. I'm walking around with 5 quest items, despite meeting the people who they belong to.. So in short, DO NOT pickup quest items prior to indicating the actual quest or you'll be stuck with it/the extra weight.

Agentnibs

Dark brotherhood quest line was great as always! Not entirely sure yet if it was better than oblivion's but it at least matched it. Wish there was
more unique ways to kill people, the most interesting one was dropping the statue on top of the girl which was just recycled from oblivion but all in all it was still really fun! Seeing the cook freak out after the decoy emperor die was great!

I recovered the blade from the hag witches for Kynareth's temple. The priestess asked me to get some tree sap. Some random worshiper asked me if he could tag along to the tree. In one fight he died, before reaching the sap. I saved game and carried on. Did I miss some important sidequest/reward?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Apparently there is an alternate way.

There's a guy who wants to come with you, and if you can keep him alive, he will pray at the tree and you get a sapling instead.

Other than that... I did a nose dive into the water and ran like hell.

I took him with me, but when the Spriggans appeared, he tried to attack me:

Anyway, I've done it now. Just FUS RO DAH'd the 3 of them off the cliff and snuck past the other 2 through the stream :lol

This game!

Wilsongt

I recovered the blade from the hag witches for Kynareth's temple. The priestess asked me to get some tree sap. Some random worshiper asked me he if he could tag along to the tree. In one fight he died, before reaching the sap. I saved game and carried on. Did I miss some important sidequest/reward?

Nope. You can let him die you can still get the sap using the Nettlebane. Or, if he lived, he would have made the process a little easier, but he isn't required.

@Cheezmo

Yep, if you hit the roots with the Nettlebane he gets pissy, also.

Speaking of the Eldergleam.

So I found that mining village there and was on my way to the Eldergleam sanctuary when I was attacked by a dragon. As I was attacked, though, a fugitive ran up and was like "HERE TAKE THIS BOW. DON'T TELL ANYONE, LOL, KTHXBAI".

So, Dragon swooped down and I was trying to fight it off while a hunter stopped me and was telling me if I saw anyone. While the dragon was in the process of making me extra crispy, I told the hunter there was someone around here, then the fugative and hunter started fighting around me. When the dragon was dead, couldn't find the hunter anymore.

Anyone mind letting me know how I am to continue this sidequest?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
And when I thought the game can't surprise me anymore I find the Blackreach.

enraptured_meme_face_by_rickmaniacforever-d3ezy5z.jpg

Ah that's good to know. He was really an annoying and clingy fella. Lydia keeps a bit of a distance while following you, but this douche-bag loved to stick right up my arse. He kept on pushing me to the side while sneaking in cramped spaces. Good riddance!

Raxus

Me: MWAHAHAHA, I HAVE BROKEN THE GAME. KNEEL BEFORE ME, SKYRIM!
Skyrim: NOPE.avi

/dies multiple times

Me: :-(

I am having the opposite problem. All my destruction spells cost 0 mana to use and I can stun lock dragons now. Ever since I got dragon armor I have only died via falls.

Jarmel

Banned
Has anyone noticed that this game is much harder than Oblivion? I'm doing the College quests and I'm gettting destroyed in certain parts.

Realyn

Nope. You can let him die you can still get the sap using the Nettlebane. Or, if he lived, he would have made the process a little easier, but he isn't required.

@Cheezmo

Yep, if you hit the roots with the Nettlebane he gets pissy, also.

Speaking of the Eldergleam.

So I found that mining village there and was on my way to the Eldergleam sanctuary when I was attacked by a dragon. As I was attacked, though, a fugitive ran up and was like "HERE TAKE THIS BOW. DON'T TELL ANYONE, LOL, KTHXBAI".

So, Dragon swooped down and I was trying to fight it off while a hunter stopped me and was telling me if I saw anyone. While the dragon was in the process of making me extra crispy, I told the hunter there was someone around here, then the fugative and hunter started fighting around me. When the dragon was dead, couldn't find the hunter anymore.

Anyone mind letting me know how I am to continue this sidequest?

Just a random Event. You can either help the fugative or the other guy, or simple dont care at all.

Salaadin

When I was about 2 hours into the game, some random dude ran up to me, handed me a weapon, and said: "Take this! Ill be back for it! Dont fuck with me or youll regret it!" or something along those lines. 40 hours later and he hasnt come back yet so I sold his shitty warhammer. Does he ever come back?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think it would be good to get a concise list of things that need fixed or added.

General:

You are notified when your Companion dies
Ability to call Horse
Horses are faster and have the ability to attack mobs by hitting the attack buttons or or you have the ability to use weapons such as bows when on horse.
Ability to jump when running. Same goes for horses.
Companions are less dumb. Have the ability to mount horse or what have you so they can actually move with you at a decent pace.
It would be nice if one of the dlc/expansions makes some of the companions more personable.
Pressing the shout button should have precedence over all commands (maybe this is just some balancing, but at times I hit shout right after casting a spell and it won't allow it for like a second or two)

PC:

Performance of course
Shadows

There is something i dont understand about shouts and dragon Similar bug with enchanting; making a fire/shock damage weapon has more fire/shock damage than an absorb/fire or absorb/shock weapon. There are definitely some errors in the way values are assigned in crafting.

I don't see what the issue is, absorb is stronger since it also heals you - so it should be lower, what am I missing?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
When I was about 2 hours into the game, some random dude ran up to me, handed me a weapon, and said: "Take this! Ill be back for it! Dont fuck with me or youll regret it!" or something along those lines. 40 hours later and he hasnt come back yet so I sold his shitty warhammer. Does he ever come back?
Haha, what? That's awesome.

bengraven

Had my first bizarre/major glitch.

Found Merdia's statue and for some reason my horse flies from one side of the screen to the other, sometimes stretching the entire length of my screen while he's at it.

I finally just killed him by hitting him baseball like.

Also: any word on the Creation Kit?

scy

Could someone point me in the direction of the Shadow doomstone? I want that invisibility perk. :)

Southeast of Riften.

I think it would be good to get a concise list of things that need fixed or added.

I'd love for certain spells to not hit my Companion; Chain Lightning, for instance. That'd be super.

Actual balancing things would probably be some form of +Damage Enchant for Spells so they too can feel just as ridiculous as the weapons. I'd like a difficulty above Master but I wager I'll find that kind of thing in a mod.

The only real big thing I'd like is some better looking Armor options. Being forced to use actual Clothes on my Thief since I don't like the look of basically all the Light Armor.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.

What happens is that guy stole it from somebody and odds are that somebody is nearby. You can return the item back to the dude running him down or hold it. I've had it go down for me twice. I've yet to see retribution. I presume the dude chasing him eventually catches him or another creature kills him.

Also, for all my conjurers out there. Don't revive bad ass mages as your pet. I put up a master necromancer to fight for me and that sumbitch one shot me with his ice wave shit.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

The bribery perk doesn't work for that bug in Markarth.

I think I can no longer go there now.

wtf

Top Bottom