• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Did you do the Hall of the Dead? Or "A Night to Remember"?

"A Night to Remember" can start in at least Windhelm, Whiterun, Markarth, Riften and Solitude and possibly the other holds. It's random post level 15.

You guys wondering about the patch, all they replaced was the .exe with a new one of the same kind. Supposedly they fixed the issue with not detecting more than 2gb RAM but we don't know yet. There's not any real fixes to the game apparently.

Also I just entered Markarth on my new character and the first thing I see is this guy at a stall pull out a knife, walk behind this girl at the next stall and just shank the shit out of her for seemingly no reason at all. He then tries to kill the shopkeeper but she runs and while chasing her he hits a guard by accident and then like 10 guards just descend on him in seconds.

I love this game.

Yeah, it's one of the town's quest to figure out wtf happened.

Lakitu

st5fu
Holy fuck. I cannot stop laughing.

I went inside with Lydia into Tolvald's Cave. We killed the Snow Bear near the entrance then I see a bandit come up that was reanimated by Lydia

I forgot that I had a carry a few things from a previous dungeon haul, she was duel-wielding the Staff of Zombies (reanimated weak corpses) and my Pickaxe of Doom (I enchanted it with soul trap so I could level up my skill).

So, Lydia's reanimated zombie bandit just slowly walks up to the wall. I'm thinking, what the fuck is she doing? Then she starts mining and starts hitting the pickaxe against the ore vein on the wall. All while doing this she's mumbling 'release me...' and 'uhhhhhhhhhhh.'

Fucking hilarious.

calder

Aw man I need to find a good wiki for this game now. I'm sick of wearing the same apprentice robes of destruction (no armor sucks) that I've had for like 30 hours now but as a sneaky archer/mage I'm limited to light armor. Which would be cool, I actually found some glass armor, but the only enchants I have for it are waaaaay less potent than what I have on the robes. I need that killer 75% mana regen!

Any suggestions on light armor for mages? Do I ever get a better destro +regen mana enchant than the really puny one I have now? I'm liking the Boots and gloves of the Old Gods I'm wearing, they work perfectly with my character. Shame I found a much better circlet than the helm of hte Old Gods, the weird animal-head/sticks look actually looked super cool on my somewhat gothy female mage. She looked like she was a model doing a punk/tribal mashup photoshoot.

Playing on PS3. Farting around with the character creator. I had deleted the little autosave it made before chargen and had to sit through the little wagon ride again. Little did I know that it would make another pre-chargen autosave, this time overriding my 60+ hour save for whatever reason. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that - at 12MB it was virtually unplayable, anyway, but that's 60 hours of effort wasted for no apparent reason. Why did this happen? Did the pre-chargen autosave override my previous one?

PS3 players: DO NOT DELETE YOUR ORIGINAL PRE-CHARGEN AUTOSAVE! IF YOU DO AND START OVER FROM SCRATCH, IT WILL DELETE ONE OF YOUR SAVE FILES!

Dresden

Aw man I need to find a good wiki for this game now. I'm sick of wearing the same apprentice robes of destruction (no armor sucks) that I've had for like 30 hours now but as a sneaky archer/mage I'm limited to light armor. Which would be cool, I actually found some glass armor, but the only enchants I have for it are waaaaay less potent than what I have on the robes. I need that killer 75% mana regen!

Any suggestions on light armor for mages? Do I ever get a better destro +regen mana enchant than the really puny one I have now? I'm liking the Boots and gloves of the Old Gods I'm wearing, they work perfectly with my character. Shame I found a much better circlet than the helm of hte Old Gods, the weird animal-head/sticks look actually looked super cool on my somewhat gothy female mage. She looked like she was a model doing a punk/tribal mashup photoshoot.

Mana regen sucks, just go for reduce-cost enchants and grab the Atronach stone.

Atrus

Gold Member
Holy fuck. I cannot stop laughing.

I went inside with Lydia into Tolvald's Cave. We killed the Snow Bear near the entrance then I see a bandit come up that was reanimated by Lydia

I forgot that I had a carry a few things from a previous dungeon haul, she was duel-wielding the Staff of Zombies (reanimated weak corpses) and my Pickaxe of Doom (I enchanted it with soul trap so I could level up my skill).

So, Lydia's reanimated zombie bandit just slowly walks up to the wall. I'm thinking, what the fuck is she doing? Then she starts mining and starts hitting the pickaxe against the ore vein on the wall. All while doing this she's mumbling 'release me...' and 'uhhhhhhhhhhh.'

Fucking hilarious.

This cave is deceptively difficult. It's larger than you'd expect it to be.

scy

Any suggestions on light armor for mages? Do I ever get a better destro +regen mana enchant than the really puny one I have now?

Well, you don't find better Enchants. You just get the one that gives better results based off your Skills, Perks, and Gem quality. Also, the School + Magicka Regen Enchant that you can make is awful so you're basically stuck with Robes if you absolutely MUST have -Casting cost + Magicka Regen on your chest.

I'd honestly just go with -Casting cost straight up rather than Regen. Even if you manage to use all the schools all the time, you're still better off with free Destruction (+ another school when you're at 100 Enchanting) than having better Regen.

As for Uniques to replace it, the only one I can really think of off the top of my head is the final reward from the Mage College that grant -All Schools Casting cost and a good amount of Regen. I think it looks terrible, though :/ Thankfully, there are mods for it to at least change the color.

erragal

Well, you don't find better Enchants. You just get the one that gives better results based off your Skills, Perks, and Gem quality. Also, the School + Magicka Regen Enchant that you can make is awful so you're basically stuck with Robes if you absolutely MUST have -Casting cost + Magicka Regen on your chest.

I'd honestly just go with -Casting cost straight up rather than Regen. Even if you manage to use all the schools all the time, you're still better off with free Destruction (+ another school when you're at 100 Enchanting) than having better Regen.

As for Uniques to replace it, the only one I can really think of off the top of my head is the final reward from the Mage College that grant -All Schools Casting cost and a good amount of Regen. I think it looks terrible, though :/ Thankfully, there are mods for it to at least change the color.

It also uses your head and chest slot so ends up being really underpowered even compared to master single school robes + self-enchanted hoods.

anddo0

Playing on PS3. Farting around with the character creator. I had deleted the little autosave it made before chargen and had to sit through the little wagon ride again. Little did I know that it would make another pre-chargen autosave, this time overriding my 60+ hour save for whatever reason. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that - at 12MB it was virtually unplayable, anyway, but that's 60 hours of effort wasted for no apparent reason. Why did this happen? Did the pre-chargen autosave override my previous one?

PS3 players: DO NOT DELETE YOUR ORIGINAL PRE-CHARGEN AUTOSAVE! IF YOU DO AND START OVER FROM SCRATCH, IT WILL DELETE ONE OF YOUR SAVE FILES!

I feel for you.. 60 hours, is still 60 hours, unplayable after 30mins or not.

I deleted my auto-saves a while back. I backup my game save after every session (or when I have to back out to the xmb because the game is running like crap).

Raxus

Mana regen sucks, just go for reduce-cost enchants and grab the Atronach stone.

Lies, Mana regen is fine (in dual enchants) with your primary focus being cost reduction in your primary school of magic. A good enchanted ring and necklace go a long way since you never find them out in the wild.

scy

It also uses your head and chest slot so ends up being really underpowered even compared to master single school robes + self-enchanted hoods.

You can wear Circlets still with those Robes. I think Masks as well.

Lies, Mana regen is fine (in dual enchants) with your primary focus being cost reduction in your primary school of magic. A good enchanted ring and necklace go a long way since you never find them out in the wild.

Magicka Regen (alone) is fine, though I'm hard pressed to find a good use for it once you have two schools made free. The -Casting Cost + Magicka Regen Enchant itself, however, is pretty awful though. What is it, -15%/+10% at it's best? Not really worth it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
PSA: avoid today's patch
Causes instability and crashes when cells are loading

Steam will try to autodownload it

unconfirmed: effects people who have the LAA patch

I didn't get any patch when I played it today.

When I was about 2 hours into the game, some random dude ran up to me, handed me a weapon, and said: "Take this! Ill be back for it! Dont fuck with me or youll regret it!" or something along those lines. 40 hours later and he hasnt come back yet so I sold his shitty warhammer. Does he ever come back?

LOL yeah... this happened to me on my way to Rifkin or whatever the name of that town is.
The guy chasing him wasn't far behind, asked me if he gave me anything, I lied and said no.

After a couple minutes I backtracked and found the guy being chased dead with arrows in him. It was cool. Didn't find the guy chasing him, though.

Another strange random encounter was a farmer who was taking his cow to a giant encampment. I followed those slow asses for what was probably about 35 minutes. Guy said he didn't need my help but I followed him anyway.
When we got to the encampment it was nighttime and I hung back a little bit and watched. He left the cow walked to the edge of what looked like a little green hotsprings, motioned with his hands (couldn't hear anything but the wind and music), and left the camp. Nothing happened. He just left his cow there.
When I went to talk to him all he said was "I'm headed to de inn"... so I followed him to Whiterun, where he just disappeared after going through the main gate. Never found him again.

Days later I'm running through the Whiterun area again and I see a giant walking around with the a painted cow that looked just like the farmers. No idea if it was the same one or not, but I thought it was neat. :}

Raxus

Magicka Regen (alone) is fine, though I'm hard pressed to find a good use for it once you have two schools made free. The -Casting Cost + Magicka Regen Enchant itself, however, is pretty awful though. What is it, -15%/+10% at it's best? Not really worth it.

Agreed, although I am curious to see if I can actually gain mana from my enchants at this point for using a certain school of magic.

I think a mix of mana/health and mana regen on top of the innate mana regen perk in the restoration tree are ideal for mages. Towards late game you will need health to survive some encounters and extra mana always helps in expensive one time use spells (buffs, summons, etc.)

Alchemy

This is why I don't use auto saves as my main saves. I actually cycle around 4 manual saves, the autosaves are mostly just check points for me if I didn't save when entering a dungeon and got waxed by some auto kill nonsense.

I feel for you.. 60 hours, is still 60 hours, unplayable after 30mins or not.

I deleted my auto-saves a while back. I backup my game save after every session (or when I have to back out to the xmb because the game is running like crap).

Yeah, here's hoping this particular issue is patched. I'd be a lot more angry if that particular character had a future outside of getting progressively more buggy until he's unplayable. As it is, perhaps the new character I make won't hit the 5MB mark until the fix is released.

Gosh, it's like waiting for Skyrim's release all over again! =D We PS3 players are blessed to get two periods of intense anticipation - one for the game, and one for the patch that makes it playable.

This is why I don't use auto saves as my main saves. I actually cycle around 4 manual saves, the autosaves are mostly just check points for me if I didn't save when entering a dungeon and got waxed by some auto kill nonsense.
I should be more specific. I was playing from a hard save. It just so happens that the pre-chargen autosave is also a hard save (an auto-hardsave, if you will). Some bug caused it to delete my only hardsave without my permission. Potentially catastrophic if you've put a lot of effort into a character.

dalin80

Banned
Getting a CTD every 10 minutes now, running a completely vanilla game through steam and it has just about become unplayable.

cluto

End of Companions Questline:
Ok, did Skjor die for anyone else? Was that supposed to happen? Because it did for me; but now, months later, he's back in the Companion's house, giving me quests.

Ugh, my Thieves Guild quest is bugged. This isn't really a spoiler, but if you consider anything to do with the Thieves Guild a spoiler, well then don't read beyond this point.

Anyway, when asked to Shadow Gulum-Ei, it tells me to go right outside of Solitude by the Harbor, but when I go out there my quest marker tells me to go back into Solitude! I can't seem to find Gulum-Ei anywhere. Anyone know where he may be?

Alchemy

End of Companions Questline:
Ok, did Skjor die for anyone else? Was that supposed to happen? Because it did for me; but now, months later, he's back in the Companion's house, giving me quests.

All the guys that went with me to the tomb never showed up back at the house, I found the chick back in the tomb but the others are MIA. Hasn't been long enough for them to respawn back home though so I dunno. I expect that they just went into a downed mode in combat and revived later and walked back.

erragal

Agreed, although I am curious to see if I can actually gain mana from my enchants at this point for using a certain school of magic.

I think a mix of mana/health and mana regen on top of the innate mana regen perk in the restoration tree are ideal for mages. Towards late game you will need health to survive some encounters and extra mana always helps in expensive one time use spells (buffs, summons, etc.)

Once I realized I could make my spells free/almost free I put every point into health; running around with 300 base mana and having no problems at all. Only thing I use magicka for are heal spells. Destruction is free and armor/paralyze cost like 13 mana to cast.

Then again I completely switched from primarily spell/shield to axe/shield just because I could. Love that about the game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
XSvF2.jpg

VEe3j.jpg

Getting real tired of this shit. Resurrect command isn't working.

Wilsongt

So last night I was playing and by accident I hit the shout button while in a shop... Yeah, people didn't take too kindly to that.

erragal

I'm with you on this one. =(

I was really hoping that food would be similar to how WoW does it--provide some long term buffs that reward you for eating every day.

Vegetable Soup is the most broken item in the game if you ask me. Go shield block, get power bash, eat vegetable soup, win.

Would it be at all feasible to roll a Druid-esque character? I'm thinking a Wood Elf for starters. Are Calm (animal) spells still in the game?

coopolon

Yet another glitched quest, this time pantea's flute.

Just a warning to those who like to explore.. Don't pickup everything you see. I found that most named objects that aren't weapons are glitched. I'm walking around with 5 quest items, despite meeting the people who they belong to.. So in short, DO NOT pickup quest items prior to indicating the actual quest or you'll be stuck with it/the extra weight.

:(

I picked up that flute. Haven't found who it belongs to yet, but I figured I was boned.

Vegetable Soup is the most broken item in the game if you ask me. Go shield block, get power bash, eat vegetable soup, win.

Man, just looked this up at UESP and ... ya.

"If you take Vegetable soup or any food item that regenerates stamina over 720 seconds you can shield bash or power bash an unlimited amount of times, resulting in your target being stun locked and unable to attack you. This will slowly kill them and level your Block very quickly without you taking any damage. If you're looking to level Block quickly, do not take the Deadly Bash perk, as even on Master Difficulty you will quickly kill bosses spammed with Shield Bash."

Lame.

cluto

All the guys that went with me to the tomb never showed up back at the house, I found the chick back in the tomb but the others are MIA. Hasn't been long enough for them to respawn back home though so I dunno. I expect that they just went into a downed mode in combat and revived later and walked back.

I definitely looted his corpse. Obviously it's a bug, but it was pretty mind blowing when I found him sleeping in Jorrvaskr.

Dakota47

PSA: avoid today's patch
Causes instability and crashes when cells are loading

Steam will try to autodownload it

unconfirmed: effects people who have the LAA patch

Too late, damnit. Any word on a solution yet?

So last night I was playing and by accident I hit the shout button while in a shop... Yeah, people didn't take too kindly to that.

After I used a shout in a town a soldier came up to me and made very clear that I should never do that again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Getting real tired of this shit. Resurrect command isn't working.[/QUOTE]

Is this a storyline quest or something?

[quote="SuperSonic1305, post: 32859534"]Anyone else dislike the regenerating health? I find it makes food completely useless.[/QUOTE]
You can eat food mid-battle...

dalin80

Banned
Good god I cant understand how the game went 50 hours with only a couple of crashes to about 8 today alone, just about every transition will drop me to desktop.

I didn't even use LAA.

When you get to Solitude, save your game and try using your various shouts on
the crowd gathered for the execution
for extra hilarious results.

Shane86

Ugh, my Thieves Guild quest is bugged. This isn't really a spoiler, but if you consider anything to do with the Thieves Guild a spoiler, well then don't read beyond this point.

Anyway, when asked to Shadow Gulum-Ei, it tells me to go right outside of Solitude by the Harbor, but when I go out there my quest marker tells me to go back into Solitude! I can't seem to find Gulum-Ei anywhere. Anyone know where he may be?
He enters a door down by the docks

Top Bottom