• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

erragal

I don't see what the issue is, absorb is stronger since it also heals you - so it should be lower, what am I missing?

Basically if you make a weapon with Absorb anything/Fire it'll do 36 fire damage. If you make a Fire/Shock weapon it'll do 45 fire and shock damage. I'm assuming you could do it with frost too but there's never a good reason to use frost (especially since it puts out burning enemies).

Salaadin

What happens is that guy stole it from somebody and odds are that somebody is nearby. You can return the item back to the dude running him down or hold it. I've had it go down for me twice. I've yet to see retribution. I presume the dude chasing him eventually catches him or another creature kills him.

So there is a purpose to him. Damn.
Next time Ill look around. I held onto that warhammer for 40 hours hoping that hed come back for it.

cackhyena

Ah, gotcha. I better start leveling up that perk. There are just too many options!

Yeah. Ain't it great?

Also, if you are still early on, sell the bones. You will weigh down quickly otherwise. Dragons are aplenty in the game later on, and scales are needed more than bones.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ah, gotcha. I better start leveling up that perk. There are just too many options!

Just make a bunch of iron daggers, they only require 1 iron ingot and 1 leather strip, which is pretty cheap and are sold from the blacksmiths. I made like 25 of them yesterday and got a few points in Smithing.

Mupod

When I was about 2 hours into the game, some random dude ran up to me, handed me a weapon, and said: "Take this! Ill be back for it! Dont fuck with me or youll regret it!" or something along those lines. 40 hours later and he hasnt come back yet so I sold his shitty warhammer. Does he ever come back?

In my game, immediately after that guy took off, a hunter ran by saying that he stole something from him. I don't know if the thief guy was bugged or not but the hunter found him cowering behind a rock and proceeded to murder him horribly. So I guess it's just a random one-off thing.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I'm really pissed off now.

Is there anything important or noteworthy in Markarth after the Prison quest?

Dont want to miss out on anything because the fucking game has bugged all the guards to being hostile towards me.

cackhyena

Iron Daggers and Hide Bracers. I was doing those up with leftover materials after I'd run out of Iron Dagger materials. Works nearly as well.

Zeliard

Heh, thought I was making decent progress content-wise till I glanced at the wiki to look at the list of cities. Turns out I've only visited 4 of the 9 (and still have a bunch of quests just from those). :p

kottila

Got a stray dog as a companion after saving him outside Markath, but I lost him again after some extreme dragon vs bear vs bandit fighting. 20 hours later, near Falkreath, he suddenly appears again. He must have spent all that time looking for me.

Was wandering around the outskirts of Whiterun, and found a giant camp or something. I was in no position of putting up a fight against them, but being a stubborn nord, I decided to piss one guy off. Whip my trusty bow out, fling an arrow and here he comes swinging. I make a run for it and in my way back to whiterun I find a thief just standing there. Stopped in my tracks thinking "well, this guy could help me". No such luck. The moment the giant caught up with me, the thief said "oh great, another fight. I'm staying out of this!", leaving me alone against the hulking brute, which killed me with a swift strike of his oversized club.

syllogism

I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing the patch did was add steam drm to TESV.exe (it's about 19mb); previously only the launcher had it so TESV.exe would launch the game but not steam. The unfortunate side effect of this is that the exe can't be modded, though I think only the so called "4 gb patch" does that.

Grinchy

Banned
There is something i dont understand about shouts and dragon souls.

I've found like 4 shouts so far and i have 5 dragon souls. But when i try to unlock the shouts, it says "require a dragon soul".

WTF dude, i've got 5 of them!

I have the same problem and I'm hoping the patch I just downloaded will fix it. I think I'm up to 4 dragon souls now and I can't unlock any shouts other than the first one that I got. There is a dragon that I killed near the west tower by Whiterun that hasn't turned to bones yet since the beginning of the game. I'm assuming that is somehow what's causing the problem.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I was wandering around Whiterun too and found some bandit camp behind the wooden fence. People came out to greet me and one of them accidentally hit a mammoth with an arrow. The mammoth didn't take it kindly and attacked them and myself. I ran away to the hills and watched the carnage from afar. When he was almost finished with them I came down but the mammoth was still aggroed, so I had run away to the bandit camp and lock the gate leaving it to Lydia. Killing him with a bow from behind the fence was a piece of cake.

Then I cleared the bandit's dungeon, stepped out of the gate and fell into a pit with spike trap for a mammoth.

GREAT.

Bread

Banned
What's the best armor to use for a sneaking archer who dabbles in destruction? I have some robes of destruction on now, but I'm looking for a more badass dark robe type thing for sneaking.

Alchemy

I have the same problem and I'm hoping the patch I just downloaded will fix it. I think I'm up to 4 dragon souls now and I can't unlock any shouts other than the first one that I got. There is a dragon that I killed near the west tower by Whiterun that hasn't turned to bones yet since the beginning of the game. I'm assuming that is somehow what's causing the problem.

Are you pressing the correct button? Pressing A (360 version) does not unlock the skill, it equips it. You have to hit X to actually spend the dragon soul to unlock it.

webrunner

CHEEZMO™;32857572 said:

Dont want to miss out on anything because the fucking game has bugged all the guards to being hostile towards me.

Did you do the Hall of the Dead? Or "A Night to Remember"?

Zeliard

CHEEZMO™;32857572 said:

Wait three in-game days and hostility should cease.

FStop7

Banned
You want the house in Markath. Its quietly an awesome mage's home. Three bookcases, 18 books per shelf, 3 shelves per case.

You're not talking about the House of Horrors, are you? Because fuck that place.

Just turned into a werewolf, fuck yeah.

Not a spoiler, right?

Pro: You're a goddamn werewolf.

Con: You have to play "Of Wolf and Man" by Metallica on endless loop while transformed.

Grinchy

Banned
Are you pressing the correct button? Pressing A (360 version) does not unlock the skill, it equips it. You have to hit X to actually spend the dragon soul to unlock it.

I kept reading replies to his post about how he might not be pressing the right button, thinking, "Are you serious? You think he's not pressing the right stupid button?"

.....yet now I think that's what my problem was. I am going to try it soon. I am relatively sure I was pressing "A" (I'm using a PS3 controller so X=A and []=X lol). Gonna feel really stupid if that was the case. *EDIT: Yep, I feel dumb. I needed to press square, not cross on the PS3 controller to unlock it.

hswbaz

Neo Member
Just joined the College and did a few quests, already 1000x better than the Mages Guild in Oblivion.

I respectfully disagree. I think the only reason I got so hooked in Oblivion was the Mage's Guild, and after completing the College there was nothing I liked of it. So far I think it's one of the worst written/designed quest lines I've seen, which was very disappointing especially as it had so much potential.

AEREC

Just finished the main quest line at ~60 hours and I dont even feel like Im done with half the game.

This will probably be my favorite game for a while and it's definitely one of my favorite of all time now...cant wait for any DLC.

GhaleonEB

He's probably
in his room in the College
, unless that's where you've been checking and haven't seen him there.

Also, shouldn't
Mallus, at the Meadery
also be a Fence? I know he is in my game.
I remember him offering, but I could't remeber where he was. I'll try to chase him down in the meantime. Thanks for the reminder.

Wait, is the gear your talking about the gear you get at the start of the guild questline (the thief set)?

Yes. I took one look at it, sold it, and now she wants me to give her a piece in exchange for an upgraded piece. But I sold them to...her. And she won't stop asking until I make the trade. :lol

CHEEZMO™;32857572 said:

I sat back and watched as the Foresworn did all the fighting in and out of the prison and promptly left Markarth. When I returned, almost immediately, I didn't receive any hostility from city guards. I don't know how many days had passed though.

When everyone is getting hostility from city guards after the prison quest, were they helping the Foreswarn fight once outside in the city streets? Don't know if it makes a difference, but I didn't and I subsequently didn't receive any guard trouble after it.

SteveWD40

Anyone know what the fur cloak looking armour is? I think Ulric was wearing it in the start, it's not robes and it's not the fur armour but it looks badass (I like capes and cloaks).

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I sat back and watched as the Foresworn did all the fighting in and out of the prison and promptly left Markarth. When I returned, almost immediately, I didn't receive any hostility from city guards. I don't know how many days had passed though.

When everyone is getting hostility from city guards after the prison quest, were they helping the Foreswarn fight once outside in the city streets? Don't know if it makes a difference, but I didn't and I subsequently didn't receive any guard trouble after it.

I thought it might be this, but I didn't attack anyone during the end of that quest.

They only became hostile to me yesterday.

erragal

Anyone know what the fur cloak looking armour is? I think Ulric was wearing it in the start, it's not robes and it's not the fur armour but it looks badass (I like capes and cloaks).

It might be the Hammerfell clothes; you can buy them in Solitude from the clothes vendor. They look really neat but they don't count as armor; it's the only thing I can think of that has that look besides actual fur/forsworn armor (And I know he's not wearing forsworn stuff)

Zeliard

Early in my playthrough I had what I have to imagine was a bug of some sort where every NPC in every town/city I'd been to turned hostile. Not even just the guards.

ttocs

CHEEZMO™;32858619 said:
I thought it might be this, but I didn't attack anyone during the end of that quest.

They only became hostile to me yesterday.

You didn't attack any of the guards at all? That's odd then. I know sometimes when I walk by the guards they go "Hey, you look familiar" or "Come here" or something like that but if you don't talk to them they don't give you any trouble. Odd that they would be outwordly hostile towards you.

Derrick01

Banned
You guys wondering about the patch, all they replaced was the .exe with a new one of the same kind. Supposedly they fixed the issue with not detecting more than 2gb RAM but we don't know yet. There's not any real fixes to the game apparently.

Also I just entered Markarth on my new character and the first thing I see is this guy at a stall pull out a knife, walk behind this girl at the next stall and just shank the shit out of her for seemingly no reason at all. He then tries to kill the shopkeeper but she runs and while chasing her he hits a guard by accident and then like 10 guards just descend on him in seconds.

I love this game.

Top Bottom