• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah any idea what the 18mb update did?

Seems like all it did was add DRM to the game because it was just a .exe swap. The game wasn't using any even though it's steamworks, and I think valve made them change it because it's not allowed since they're using steamworks. I could be wrong but those were the details a few hours ago, I haven't checked for updates.

The patch is breaking the game for a lot of people though, especially ones using that memory fix from skyrimnexus.

Hugs

I have a question about the Daedric quest Boethiahs Calling if anyone could help out.
Do I have to kill everyone stealthily. I'm not very stealthy at all and I have no perks in it. What happens if I just kill them all in open battle, like a true Nord. Do I fail the quest?

Has anyone done this quest yet?

Dreaver

Today I faced two random dragons, One was a pretty epic fight atop a mountain peak... with blizzard in the night! Lydia and some random hunter dude helped me kill it.

And I think I'm finally done with quests in or around Whiterun (L15 / 17-18h played).
Time to move on I think!

second dead companion in two days, Stenvar, killed by a stinky troll. Fuck you, Stenvar

I enjoyed 1) dropping all my inventory 2) pick up all the shit I gave him, including bones and scales 3) teleport to my home and drop the shit 4) teleport to Stenvar 5) pick up my inventory while trying to run away in underpants and no weapons from another troll

fuck you, Stenvar

Rookie

Neo Member
Never mind about the quest item thing, guess that got cleared up once I got to the actual end of the quest instead of just using the item. Moving on, can you re-enchant an item later on when your enchantment skill is improved, or would you have to get another unenchanted item to do a new enchantment on? My skill is not so great, but I've been using this pair of iron gauntlets with the fortify one-handed enchantment for too long as figured I'd disenchant it and add it to my new set of dragonplate. Problem is that I probably won't get as good a level as the original item.

Your quite right, perhaps buy/make some daggers/bracers and keep practicing your enchant skill, and you can always use an fortify enchant potion to give your self a bump up. also make sure you are using a decent soul gem.

UNCyrus

Help! I'm on the quest: A night to remember. And decided to kill
Moira
without talking to her first. I looted her body and got the
wedding ring
and the quest updated with my next objective. However when I go talk to the merchant girl back in Whiterun, she doesn't offer up any text options that will further the quest despite there being an objective indicator over her head. Thoughts?

bitoriginal

Anyone got any tips for the Black Star Quest? I'm at the bit where
I'm in the crystal and I've got to fight down these tight corridors with these demora things blasting off a firebolt that takes half of my health. They are absolutely destroying me everytime! I'm level 37 wearing full ebony armour upgraded to legendary.
Is there any kind of strategy to get through this bit or I do need to be a higher level? I haven't got a companion with me so I can see that being my number one priority.

I believe daedric bows do 47 base damage, glass bows do 45. Minimal difference, though it is slightly annoying you get slightly punished for going up the wrong side of the smithing tree.

Smithing level ends up being more important than the base damage/armor anyway. Level up smithing and/or enchant smithing enhancing gear for the best equipment.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Your quite right, perhaps buy/make some daggers/bracers and keep practicing your enchant skill, and you can always use an fortify enchant potion to give your self a bump up. also make sure you are using a decent soul gem.

I've been trying to enchant the giant pile of iron daggers I made in the process of getting my smithing skill up, but it's such a pain getting enough soul gems for the process. I really need to make my way to Winterhold sooner or later, as I hear that's the best place to get them.

Another odd question: During
the Battle of Whiterun, will I be able at some point to stroll into my own house to dump all the loot I'll probably have picked up?
I'm a notorious packrat, and I'll feel the need to pick up anything that can be sold even for a single septim, from fallen foes and friends alike.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I believe daedric bows do 47 base damage, glass bows do 45. Minimal difference, though it is slightly annoying you get slightly punished for going up the wrong side of the smithing tree.

Can Daedric Gear be found easily? I've only found Ebony and Glass gear and I'm at lv52. Since Glass gear is so plentiful at this level I would think going up the Heavy Armor side would be worth it just to get Daedric Weaponry.

I've been trying to enchant the giant pile of iron daggers I made in the process of getting my smithing skill up, but it's such a pain getting enough soul gems for the process. I really need to make my way to Winterhold sooner or later, as I hear that's the best place to get them.

I leveled up both Smithing and Enchanting quickly by doing as you did, make Iron Daggers but also utilizing the Winterhold's Mage's College to buy petty stones, enchanting a weapon with 1second of Soul Trap and killing lots of wildlife (mudcrabs, deer, foxes etc). You'll start building up a good amount of filled crystals real fast.

Alchemy

Can Daedric Gear be found easily? I've only found Ebony and Glass gear and I'm at lv52. Since Glass gear is so plentiful at this level I would think going up the Heavy Armor side would be worth it just to get Daedric Weaponry.

I don't think you can actually find any of it, I haven't run into any. It has to be crafted using high level smithing or
made using the atronach forge
. Its also worth noting that daedric armor is actually better (and heavier) then dragon armor, but daedra hearts aren't as plentiful as dragon scales.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It doesn't matter. If you are asking about
werewolves, it's a bad idea to transform during stormcloak/imperial quests. Your allies will become hostile to you.
I meant since
we apparently kick Whiterun's ass, the Companions are kept safe/hold their own, right?

Drazgul

Nerd mode engaged! I think I'll name the rest of my daedric junk in dragon language too once I get around to enchanting them:

DTcED.png

There's no practical difference between daedric armor and other decent armors once you have a very high smithing level. Any decent set of armor is going to put you over the armor cap of 567. Daedric weapons will be somewhat better than glass, but I don't know if it's really a big enough difference to justify spending 4 perks

I meant since
we apparently kick Whiterun's ass, the Companions are kept safe/hold their own, right?

That has no effect there.
The stormcloak/imperial war quests have no permanent consequences on other quests.

Heh, and I thought my enchanted skyforge steel greatsword had high damage with 61 :(
The displayed damage factors in multipliers from your weapon skills.

I'm in the crystal and I've got to fight down these tight corridors with these demora things blasting off a firebolt that takes half of my health. They are absolutely destroying me everytime! I'm level 37 wearing full ebony armour upgraded to legendary.
Is there any kind of strategy to get through this bit or I do need to be a higher level? I haven't got a companion with me so I can see that being my number one priority.
Try to fight one at a time, it may be difficult if you don't have any decent long range attacks, but see what you can do. Don't be afraid to chug potions either. I finished that quest at about level 10 without too much trouble because dual frost magic killed the Dremora really fast. Obviously the quest scales, but I'm not sure if the scaling stops once you've initiated it, so maybe level up and try later if you really can't manage it.

Pollux

So if I'm mainly a one handed and shield warrior nord who does a bit of archery and is trying out conjuration will I be able to do the dark brotherhood quests? Or should I just be like fuck it and do them when I try out a stealthy ninja assassin character?

I butchered everyone. Dark Brotherhood quests are very doable as a badass.

bitoriginal

Try to fight one at a time, it may be difficult if you don't have any decent long range attacks, but see what you can do. Don't be afraid to chug potions either. I finished that quest at about level 10 without too much trouble because dual frost magic killed the Dremora really fast. Obviously the quest scales, but I'm not sure if the scaling stops once you've initiated it, so maybe level up and try later if you really can't manage it.

Cheers man. Seriously at high level this is by far the hardest thing I've come up against in the game. They're using expert level spells and it does so much damage.

Rookie

Neo Member
I have been playing on 360, is there a way to name your weapons via smithing or have I missed something..

I'd love to be able to start naming my collection of bows.

Encountered a bug last night every time I fast travel to riverwood the game freezes. Tried walking from a nearby location but it doesn't always work sometimes it hangs when I walk around riverwood. Has anyone encountered this bug?

Hugs

Yeah I had trouble too. If you're Melee
Chug a load of Resit fire potions and just sprint towards him, ignoring the other guys. Once you start hitting him he'll die soon enough. If you have some good shouts like Slow Time use them, or you can at least use Whirlwind sprint to get up on his grill. And just watch your health all the time. Those spells take off a ton of damage but aren't very fast so you'll die really suddenly. Just make sure you're above half health as much as possible. Just don't be aftraid to pause it every few seconds to chug some more potions.

But yeah, it's a pretty gnarly quest. Good reward though!

Drazgul

389...wow how'd you get that

Maxed smithing, enchanting and alchemy for great victory. Could be improved still, and my two-handed skill is still in its 70's, but it gets the job done. When I'm in boss mode (orc racial and two-handed potion in effect) it does ~1800 damage. :p

Alchemy

Can you stack the enchant bonuses with the bonus from alchemy?

The crafting loop that I've seen is:

1.) Get alchemy, enchanting, smithing to 100

2.) Using enchanting, make some +alchemy gear.

3.) Using alchemy and your new gear, make some +enchanting potions

4.) Using enchanting and your new potions, make some +alchemy gear

5.) Repeat steps 3-4 until capped (unsure of the number)

6.) Using capped alchemy and enchanting, make +smithing gear and potions

7.) Take new uber smithing gear and potions and make and improve some uber items

8.) Put back on all your uber enchanting stuff and enchant your uber gear

9.) Profit

NBtoaster

Crashes after fast travels, crashes after resting, crashing in the middle of a conversation.

Way to patch, Bethesda.

All seems like it's caused by doing the large address thing before, you should always expect incompatabilities between third party tools and official patches.

Dont expect any fixes now to work with future patches either.

Woorloog

Banned
Crashes after fast travels, crashes after resting, crashing in the middle of a conversation.

Way to patch, Bethesda.

What platform? I'm playing on Xbox 360, almost zero bugs so far. Crashed maybe twice (both after longish sessions IIRC), some physics glitches. Oh and i've spent some 150 hours with the game already, maybe a bit less.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Anyone else having misc quest that they can't complete? I have like 4 that I was supposed to go find a book or dead body and they just aren't there lol

Top Bottom