• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Jibbed

I wasn't able to observe it closely, but didn't Alonso lock his rears while trying to stop?

No. The fronts locked but the rears did nothing.

His rear brakes have failed because the ERS system isn't harvesting correctly. Same thing happened with Mercedes recently, can't remember which race.

Ty4on

No. The fronts locked but the rears did nothing.

His rear brakes have failed because the ERS system isn't harvesting correctly. Same thing happened with Mercedes recently, can't remember which race.

Thanks, made some food and could only see the smoke on the replay.

Ty4on

I guess it's impossible with the pace he is doing, but it would be funny if Merc were bluffing and actually doing a two stop.

Jibbed

Sky commentators nailed it re: Ferrari. They're really poor at reacting to the flow of the race when it matters, no improvisation. Just sticking to their plan for better or worse... it's clear they intended to 2-stop both cars all along now.

Perhaps Mercedes forced their hand with Vettel's first relatively early stop and that's biting them now.

Jibbed

Exclusive look inside Ferrari's strategist truck at the circuit:

monkeys-at-typewriters.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
LOL if Lewis does not pit. Why should he? Tyres are holding up pretty well on the Mercedes.

They wont last for 18 laps.. it is just question if they will use medium or hards again - probably latter, because they are in their own league on hards.

Jibbed

LOL if Lewis does not pit. Why should he? Tyres are holding up pretty well on the Mercedes.

He'll be fucked with about 10 laps to go, Rosberg will eat him alive.

Lewis pretty much has Vettel covered if he keeps his current pace up now, just needs to get a move on to challenge Rosberg. Expecting a stop sooner rather than later.

spuckthew

I desperately wish Hamilton's tyres could last the remainder of the race, if only to see the look on Rosberg's face at the end :(

Oh well, maybe he'll be beast on the mediums and somehow challenge him anyway...

Top Bottom