• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Goldrusher

F1 2015 box...

g8UAHO5.jpg

That is absolutely not the case.

Its a long season, but its IMO very unlikely, as I don´t see ROS personal situation improve much before July.

Then why haven't they promoted Rosberg to No. 1 and hired someone like Di Resta as the second driver? Doesn't make sense to bring another top driver unless you think the current one is not good enough to lead the team going forward.

Why isn't anyone reporting on Rosberg's private situation? It seems odd that journos know so much about the intra-team dynamics, but they wouldn't know about something that serious?

Hammer24

Banned
Then why haven't they promoted Rosberg to No. 1 and hired someone like Di Resta as the second driver? Doesn't make sense to bring another top driver unless you think the current one is not good enough to lead the team going forward.

Because MER will never have a #1 driver. They want two equally capable drivers, and that's exactly how they see them. Both have strengths that complement each other.
They will always look at the WCC before the WDC.

Why isn't anyone reporting on Rosberg's private situation? It seems odd that journos know so much about the intra-team dynamics, but they wouldn't know about something that serious?

Because its a private thing, and I´m not going to go into more detail either for the same reason.

Because MER will never have a #1 driver. They want two equally capable drivers, and that's exactly how they see them. Both have strengths that complement each other.
They will always look at the WCC before the WDC.

Because its a private thing, and I´m not going to go into more detail either for the same reason.

Weird that journos are all over Hamilton's personal issues but not Rosberg's?

Thanks for sharing either way. Just odd that nobody else is reporting.

frontieruk

A love life isn't the same as someone being unwell ala Bianchi or schuey which we rarely get updates on, take what you want from that.

Well, much of this "interest" is usually "fake interest" teams only show to destroy the peace in another team.
I guess, there is not much unrest to be sowed into MER right now, and HAMs deal is basically seen as a done thing.
Remember VET on the other hand, where there were already some fault lines to be seen, and his LOI with FER wasn´t exactly new news either.

I was merely speaking in terms of personal preference. Vettel never tried to hide his love for Ferrari and that he always wanted to drive for that team at some point. I don't think Hamilton made ever comments like that.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I'm fine with how a game like forza 5 or project cars does it. The official license is stupid expensive, they may just be better off getting a few tracks themselves and getting a couple cars or make fake ones for a part of s larger game.

Maybe it'll get better when Bernie is gone.

I think someone mentioned that if you get the official license, you have to make a full game. As in all cars, tracks, races... a full season.

So it's unlikely that someone like Forza, Project Cars, Gran Turismo would get the license then be allowed to incorporate just partial stuff.

Dilly

Banned
"We'd just need to take the old V8 engines and modify them by increasing displacement to bring power output near 1000bhp.

"People would return, the show would return, sponsors would return."

Ecclestone suggests that the move to hybrid engines has contributed to the fall in audiences by creating fan disinterest.

"F1 isn't just technology, but enjoyment too," he said. "We need to think about who buys a ticket, goes in the grandstands and wants to see a great sporting spectacle.

"It's money doing the rounds: the public pays for tickets, the organisers cash in and pay us, who then forward the money to the teams together with TV rights.

"But if TV audiences shrink and the public at GPs do too, then it becomes a problem."

1081.gif

frontieruk

I heard they were fire selling tickets for the British GP soon, I bet those get snapped up, if only the idiots in charge could work out is the price that keeps people away

Addnan

I heard they were fire selling tickets for the British GP soon, I bet those get snapped up, if only the idiots in charge could work out is the price that keeps people away

Thought they had more affordable tickets this year? Haven't checked myself just seems to get mentioned in coverage a lot.

frontieruk

Thought they had more affordable tickets this year? Haven't checked myself just seems to get mentioned in coverage a lot.

I know they had deals on for tickets, but I didn't look as I'm paying for the missus to go to mugello for the motogp this year.

Fox Mulder

I think someone mentioned that if you get the official license, you have to make a full game. As in all cars, tracks, races... a full season.

So it's unlikely that someone like Forza, Project Cars, Gran Turismo would get the license then be allowed to incorporate just partial stuff.

sure, but it's possible to just get around it a bit by licensing directly with manufacturers and tracks instead.

forza 5 has catalunya, silverstone, abu dhabi, spa, and nurburgring GP circuits already without an official f1 license. They got the 2013 Lotus that you can paint over. They even have Hunt's and Lauda's cars. If they just go license another modern f1 manufacturer and get a couple more tracks that forza 6 needs anyways, I'd be fine with that for online fun.

frontieruk

There was probably not enough room to make a Sauber LE.

Actually all their drivers signed a contract to appear, unfortunately they were still arguing it out in court when choirmasters had to release the cover. Sauber will now be chafing codies for money

AndyD

aka andydumi
sure, but it's possible to just get around it a bit by licensing directly with manufacturers and tracks instead.

forza 5 has catalunya, silverstone, abu dhabi, spa, and nurburgring GP circuits already without an official f1 license. They got the 2013 Lotus that you can paint over. They even have Hunt's and Lauda's cars. If they just go license another modern f1 manufacturer and get a couple more tracks that forza 6 needs anyways, I'd be fine with that for online fun.

I completely agree that it's a solid workaround and often more fun anyway. But the limitation is no current year cars, which for a lot of people is the big annual draw.

What I meant is that we probably won't see all tracks and all current year cars in any game outside a full F1 game by someone.

Zeknurn

Not that I care about what dredge Codemasters is going to put out this year but they made a huge mistake by not putting Raikkonen on the cover.

Rosberg has received a beating in this thread. I fear it will not be forgotten when he betters Hamilton.

I never got the impression that Hamilton was treated any differently inside the sport. It also seems like he recieves the most love from the fans. I have read a fair amount of dislike towards Hamilton for not presenting himself as, or doing things like an ordinary F1 driver. Sometimes it's hard not to get the impression that it relates to a disdain of black people and black culture.

Oh wow. Another one? Seriously?

No-one gives a shit that he's black.

DD

I'm still trying to figure out why they put a backmarker on the cover.

I still struggle to understand why the put a black man on the cover. Bring back the status quo!

For gzuz sake, this is a joke related to the post above. Don't ban me, pls! ;(

NHale

Weird why? There are some personal issues that are just infinitely bigger than others and have a much bigger impact in real life than others like a romantic love story gone wrong which is exactly what fills the tabloids (and even that is wrong).

If the rumor going around is true and as someone that went through the same thing, I can see why nobody wants to touch that story. Let the family in peace and hope everything ends up well in the end. Everyday is a struggle, precious and a minor victory by itself but the nextday can be the worst day of your life. So don't ruin a good day just for some clicks or magazine sales. Really hope it isn't true though.

Weird why? There are some personal issues that are just infinitely bigger than others and have a much bigger impact in real life than others like a romantic love story gone wrong which is exactly what fills the tabloids (and even that is wrong).

If the rumor going around is true and as someone that went through the same thing, I can see why nobody wants to touch that story. Let the family in peace and hope everything ends up well in the end. Everyday is a struggle, precious and a minor victory by itself but the nextday can be the worst day of your life. So don't ruin a good day just for some clicks or magazine sales. Really hope it isn't true though.
I'm sorry that you ever had to go through that and I hope that when you two reached the end that journey that the outcome was positive.

Top Bottom