• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Great panel interview

Bernie, lauda, kimi, seb, nico, lewis, danny ric

EDIT: vettel drove the golf cart back to the paddock. Kimi was at the back. They're surely having fun!! Too bad i couldn't reach for my camera in time

Mastah

Some Spanish folks:

CCzOy9cWgAE76RZ.jpg:orig

Ruruja

I actually quite like Maldonado now, he's gone through the "annoying crasher" phase and into the "loveable Figure Of Fun" phase. I hope he wins a race this season.

Hahah, oh my god, this is the first of the champagne spray saga I've heard of today when tuning in to P2. What a fucking joke. Guarantee it is because Lewis is black. Sooooooo many other drivers have done that. Fucking Vettel did it the week before! This fucking sport sometimes.

Risgroo

Hahah, oh my god, this is the first of the champagne spray saga I've heard of today when tuning in to P2. What a fucking joke. Guarantee it is because Lewis is black. Sooooooo many other drivers have done that. Fucking Vettel did it the week before! This fucking sport sometimes.

No one with any interest in the sport had any issues with it. Idiots from shit tabloids looking for something to whine about decided to make a story out of nothing.

Aiii

So not worth it

It's not because he's black. It's because he's a man and because he's British.

He will probably end up in Maranello

That's my guess... it would make sense too. Mercedes advantage is waning, and Mercedes does not seem to have the same kind of commitment that Ferrari has (budget, resources, etc.). If Lewis wants to win 3+WDC and also cement his legacy by beating Vettel, then the move makes sense.

EDIT: According to F1-Insider (are they reliable?), Daimler CEO told Marchionne (FIAT CEO) to block any transfer of Hamilton to Ferrari... Article makes the point that the delay is due to him wanting to join Ferrari, and that it started under Mattiacci last year.

http://f1-insider.com/kein-vettel-kollege-ferrari-boss-lehnt-hamilton-ab/

Anddddd another one.

This is fucking tiring now.

Honestly. Fuck off.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
What's up with rumors that Mercedes current PU is a more like mid-version one and that one with goodies that they spent their preseason tokens is coming up in Barcelona?

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 31s31 seconds ago
Sport Bild claims the @ScuderiaFerrari door closed for HAM because of a deal between Sergio Marchionne and Merc boss Dieter Zetsche...

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 44s45 seconds ago
In other words the Fiat/Ferrari chief agreed not to headhunt Merc's star driver. Not sure why he would do that, but there you go...

Heating up. Marchionne would be retarded to take that deal...

Now, Kimi's agent saying everything is looking good for a contract extension.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/04/17/raikkonen-heading-for-extended-ferrari-deal-says-robertson/

What's up with rumors that Mercedes current PU is a more like mid-version one and that one with goodies that they spent their preseason tokens is coming up in Barcelona?

Where did you hear that?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Where did you hear that?
Our new commentator told something about this on the morning radio news. I have checked several news sites for clarification and found nothing.

All I know that Mercedes decided to spend a lot of their tokens in last weeks before season start and it is very well possible, that they decided to 'sacrifice' one PU and introduce upgraded one with first major upgrade batch.. well, at least that would be the most logical step to take.

Our new commentator told something about this on the morning radio news. I have checked several news sites for clarification and found nothing.

All I know that Mercedes decided to spend a lot of their tokens in last weeks before season start and it is very well possible, that they decided to 'sacrifice' one PU and introduce upgraded one with first major upgrade batch.. well, at least that would be the most logical step to take.

The big question is - can the engine manufacturer upgrade a PU that's already been introduced?

Ferrari is introducing its 2nd ICE this weekend. Will they be able to upgrade it with all the tokens they have already spent or are looking to spend?

If so, then it doesn't make sens to delay upgrades. If you can't, then I understand why Mercedes is trying to make this engine last as long as possible.

Mohonky

If Ferrari keep improving at current rate they'll be the team to beat by mid season.

Whats the story with Merc, they seem like the team with the least improvement since last year (cept Mclaren and Redbull). Everyone else seems to have gotten closer.

Ark

Its difficult to improve when your chassis is already taking near maximum potential out of the regulations. They were always going to make the smallest improvement.

Looks like the same wing to me. I dont think they'd be able to copy Mercedes in a few days since they debuted a new one at china.

Yeah, I know. I was kidding. Front wings take weeks to develop.

If Ferrari keep improving at current rate they'll be the team to beat by mid season.

Whats the story with Merc, they seem like the team with the least improvement since last year (cept Mclaren and Redbull). Everyone else seems to have gotten closer.

According to AMuS, Mercedes did not run the tyres at their optimal temperatures (tyres were too cold).; they were too conservative in their tyre-preservation setup. They will fix the setup for tomorrow, but will not be able to test their settings before qualifying (as the track conditions during FP1/3 are much different than during FP2 and qualifying/race).

Top Bottom