• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

conman

JumpingTheGun said:
Even more interesting..

Several game designers, such as Eiji Aonuma, Hideo Kojima, and Jordan Mechner, have cited Ico as having influenced the visual appearance of their games, including The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, respectively.
And it should go without saying that The Sands of Time is more than just visually influenced by Ico. Almost the entire game (especially the level design and movement/combat mechanics) is a direct extension of Ico. I love both games dearly, but Ico was the real pioneer.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Mine finally got delivered to the apartment, but now begins the long wait until I get off work and head home. *sigh* 4 more hours...

Bit-Bit

Digital-Hero said:
I'm not saying this is a new thought, but does anyone agree?

Last Guardian is actually part 1, Shadow of the Colossus is part 2, and Ico is part 3?

That's what I think as well. Hell, the creature from Last Guardian might be a mortal child of Dormin or something like a physical manifestation of Dormin.

Branson said:
Wow. Just grabbed the last copy of this at my Best Buy. Must be selling alright.

I really think they have zero faith in these games. They must've printed very few copies. The Lamestop I go to ran out very quickly as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So let's say I don't sleep tonight... and I get this in my mail, that's at least another 20 hours to my marathon. We might be reaching 80 hours no sleep, guys! Thanks to last gen and its genius games (RE4 and now ICO/SotC)

Yoshichan said:
So let's say I don't sleep tonight... and I get this in my mail, that's at least another 20 hours to my marathon. We might be reaching 80 hours no sleep, guys! Thanks to last gen and its genius games (RE4 and now ICO/SotC)

Chan whats your secret? Mt. Dew? RedBull? Meth? Coke? ;)

edit: adderall?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Digital-Hero said:
I really think they have zero faith in these games. They must've printed very few copies. The Lamestop I go to ran out very quickly as well.

I'm also thinking the scarcity might be due to low print run and not incredible popularity, but they've been promoting these (at least on the blog and such) for such a long time now, I hesitate to agree that they have no confidence.

Anyway, I hope these do well for them, though with all the profits they are presumably making on other HD collections, they can probably take a hit on this one if that's how it goes.

Skilletor

Never played Ico. Only played about half of SotC. Glad this collection came out.

These games are really a testament to how important art direction is in a game. They are still gorgeous.

LowParry

Man, Shadow. The intro. The music. The dialog. Everything. It brings that pure emotion out for what the game is. Brings me to tears. I'm going to really play this game out slowly. ICO I'll work on next. Looking forward to that one cause I never got a chance to play it.

gokieks

Got in the Limited Box today.

Ico_SotC_LE.jpg

Honestly a little underwhelmed with the package considering its cost, and just thinking about the JPY-USD exchange rate makes my wallet weep.... but it's Ico. I would pay almost anything.

Now just need for my US version to get delivered. Feeling a little regretful for buying it from NewEgg during the $30 pre-order sale... I think I would've gladly paid the extra 25% to get it on release day from Amazon since I have Prime. But I supposed it does allow me to at least try to be productive and get the work I need to finish done.

Darkgran

I just picked up a copy from Best Buy (they had about 5-6)

Very excited as this will be my first time playing both games. I think I'm going to start with SOTC. Or should I start with ICO?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
JumpingTheGun said:
Chan whats your secret? Mt. Dew? RedBull? Meth? Coke? ;)

edit: adderall?
Nothing. Just pure gaming enjoyment. RE4 and SotC are probably my two favorite games of last gen, there's definitely no time for sleep!

LowParry

Darkgran said:
I just picked up a copy from Best Buy (they had about 5-6)

Very excited as this will be my first time playing both games. I think I'm going to start with SOTC. Or should I start with ICO?

I'd probably start with ICO.

Branson

What's full pixel mode in the options do? It just zooms in a bit.

Edit: oh. It apparently "optimizes the image quality of ICO/SotC on an HDTV"

Been waiting for this forever. I have an audio problem, though. The sound keeps "skipping" every 4-5 seconds. Haven't noticed this in other games, though I haven't played much ps3 lately.

blackMamba1187 said:
Been waiting for this forever. I have an audio problem, though. The sound keeps "skipping" every 4-5 seconds. Haven't noticed this in other games, though I haven't played much ps3 lately.
Out of curiosity, what audio connection are you using?

KingK said:
Damn, the animation in ICO holds up amazingly well for a 10 year old game. It's really impressive.
In the original PS1 footage it seems like they put a lot of thought into animation too. Fascinating.

Danielsan

KingK said:
Damn, the animation in ICO holds up amazingly well for a 10 year old game. It's really impressive.
The animation in SotC still destroys 90% if today's games. Team ICO has some animation gods. It helps that Ueda is an animator himself.

Danielsan said:
The animation in SotC still destroys 90% if today's games. Team ICO has some animation gods. It helps that Ueda is an animator himself.
Animation is probably why TLG is taking so long, :/ Sony needs to triple the size of their development team.

Quick

Banned
Takuya said:
If you have a GameBuzz in your area, they sell the U.S. version ;)

None in Toronto.

Digital-Hero said:
Your avatar image is the perfect response for that lol. You should get the U.S. version.

Already opened the game. Can't return it now. I'll probably just print out one of the amazing custom covers we have here. :)

Danielsan

TacticalFox88 said:
Animation is probably why TLG is taking so long, :/ Sony needs to triple the size of their development team.
I'm not sure, but I believe Ueda handpicked his team and only goes for the very best. It might be on the making off footage on the Shadow of the Colossus disc. Hence why the team is still relatively small.

Can't wait to play these classics again, but in HD. My copy is getting dispatched tomorrow it seems :D

And that Japanese Limited Edition is just too fine. You lucky so and so's.

Pachimari

I have had the review copy lying on the desk since yesterday, but have had no time to play it. I'll probably wait playing ICO and Shadow of the Colossus until december, still thinking of buying that HMZ-T1.

i'm liking how agro gets a little restless/bored sometimes when i'm shooting fruit :) ...

one more colossus in 3+ more hours of play :) . love that basically the whole world's there to explore from the start - so many areas i'd sorta forgotten, including a few that instantly brought to mind what would be happening there eventually...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I posted that Best Buy deal, then I hesitated, then I caved in =/

This better be hella good GAF

My first time playing both ICO + SOTC

Got them cheap with reward zone funny money

Grabbed GOW Collection Vol. 2 as the 50% off title, so each collection cost me $15 ^_^

ICO Collection + GOW Collection for $30

Owzers

The ico/shadow dynamic themes....i want to like them, but the film grain filter along with the pulsating brightness levels are giving me a headache. Does anyone like that kind of thing? I wish there were an option to turn off those filters Xo

Top Bottom