• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

sillymonkey321 said:
The ico/shadow dynamic themes....i want to like them, but the film grain filter along with the pulsating brightness levels are giving me a headache. Does anyone like that kind of thing? I wish there were an option to turn off those filters Xo
I agree. Stupid decision. I seem to remember some dirty film effects in the games but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Owzers

Pazuzu9 said:
I agree. Stupid decision. I seem to remember some dirty film effects in the games but that doesn't make it a good idea.

I could deal with the grain but mainly it's the pulsating brightness that gives me a headache. Moving vertical lines don't help either.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DAT MUSIC

It appears i have reached heaven early

I havent even started playing yet. Im waiting for my buddy to get here. Just staring at the XMB screen with the SotC theme. Mesmerizing is putting it lightly.

DireStr8s

aaaaaaaaand......SOTC has environmental textures popping in.

not a dealbreaker by any means, just dissapointing. who knows, maybe it's my PS3.

Quick

Banned
btkadams said:
are you fucking serious? dammit that pisses me off. i was really stoked for that.

At first I was like :(

Then I realized that we have awesome custom covers here

Then I was like :D

teiresias

It's nearly 7pm, where the hell is freaking UPS?!?!!

nickslicl said:
aaaaaaaaand......SOTC has environmental textures popping in.

not a dealbreaker by any means, just dissapointing. who knows, maybe it's my PS3.

That was in the original game. It's an HD remaster, retooling the entire LOD engine was probably beyond the requirements of the port.

soldat7

Finally arrived. This packaging is not worthy of the games within. Shame on Sony for not giving this a Collector's Edition. They left a lot of money on the table.

Do the dynamic themes not take up the entire screen for any other hdtv owners?

Also, is it worth it to actually change the settings on the ps3 to 720p?

Incitemaybe said:
Do the dynamic themes not take up the entire screen for any other hdtv owners?

Also, is it worth it to actually change the settings on the ps3 to 720p?
Yeah, there's a border around them. Pretty disappointing all around. The resolution makes no difference for Ico but supposedly provides a big framerate bump for SotC.

teiresias

DAMMIT!!!! I placed this pre-order back in January, and have moved since then, so it's showing it having been delivered to my old address.

I deleted my old address from my Amazon address book so why doesn't it cross check the current address book with the address on an order? Ugh, if I can't get the package at my old leasing office (UPS delivers directly to the apartment doors at my old place) am I SOL?

ICO looks amazing. I just barely have started. I know Im going to love this. I fucking love it already. The atmosphere, the ambiet sounds and music. This fucking HEAVEN for me right now

I HAVE to see Shadow tonight. Fuck it. This is too good.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
whalleywhat said:
Yeah, there's a border around them. Pretty disappointing all around. The resolution makes no difference for Ico but supposedly provides a big framerate bump for SotC.

IIRC choosing a resolution for SOTC isn't so much about frame rate as it is about rectangular pixels (and resulting AA artifacts or something) because it's scaled from a weird resolution. The big frame rate hit comes from 3D mode.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
hey_it's_that_dog said:
IIRC choosing a resolution for SOTC isn't so much about frame rate as it is about rectangular pixels (and resulting AA artifacts or something) because it's scaled from a weird resolution. The big frame rate hit comes from 3D mode.

There's supposedly a small framerate hit at 960x1080 too. Nothing serious, but it drops a bit every now and then, while at 720p it stays locked to 30 fps.

When you exit the game and come back to the XMB screen, the music that plays..its a couple acoustic guitars and its instrumental. Which game is this from?

edit: nvm

JumpingTheGun said:
ICO looks amazing. I just barely have started. I know Im going to love this. I fucking love it already. The atmosphere, the ambiet sounds and music. This fucking HEAVEN for me right now

I HAVE to see Shadow tonight. Fuck it. This is too good.
I just played Ico briefly after my SOTC play session and it actually looked a lot better than SOTC to me, sharper and more saturated colours.

Neuromancer said:
Fucking Newegg. My copy is in California. (I live in Maryland.)

;_;
Wtf, I'm in California and mine shipped from New Jersey. And now they won't send it to my work address unless I get my bank to list it as my mailing address (aka where they send my bank statements). Bad show newegg, bad show. I shan't be tricked by your wily ways (read: pre-order deals) again.

W1SSY

Picked it up at Kmart earlier and played Ico for a bit. Sadly I have a lot of school stuff I need to get done the this week and next.

racemixing said:
my cover isn't reversible there's only white on the back i have been deceived FUCK EVERYTHING
I'm guessing that you're in Canada?

Mr. Wonderful said:
So how 5.1 is the audio mix in these games?

Like, are the rear speakers fully utilized?
I found the 5.1 to be very good, the rear speakers are used a lot. I think with games with 5.1 I have not really played one in which the rear speakers weren't use a lot yet since rotating the camera will direct the sound to different speakers so they are always in use. Even during cinematics I found the 5.1 to be pleasant.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Wtf, I'm in California and mine shipped from New Jersey. And now they won't send it to my work address unless I get my bank to list it as my mailing address (aka where they send my bank statements). Bad show newegg, bad show. I shan't be tricked by your wily ways (read: pre-order deals) again.
Yeah me neither. >=(

Mr. Wonderful said:
So how 5.1 is the audio mix in these games?

Like, are the rear speakers fully utilized?

It's a good mix. The atmospheric audio effects such as wind, crumbling rocks are utilized well in the rears.

kingslunk

I got the collection, gonna go out to eat and then get back and start ICO. I have absolutely no idea what either of these games are about so I'm excited to see what each one is like.

Leshita said:
I found the 5.1 to be very good, the rear speakers are used a lot. I think with games with 5.1 I have not really played one in which the rear speakers weren't use a lot yet since rotating the camera will direct the sound to different speakers so they are always in use. Even during cinematics I found the 5.1 to be pleasant.

Is it uncompressed or at least DTS-HD?

GrotesqueBeauty said:

Yeah big WTF...I'm in the same position. How long is this going to take to get here...

RedSwirl

Whoah. Love what they did with Ico's new pause menu. People who didn't like the original's button configuration can even change it now.

This is how games should be remastered.

sillymonkey321 said:
The ico/shadow dynamic themes....i want to like them, but the film grain filter along with the pulsating brightness levels are giving me a headache. Does anyone like that kind of thing? I wish there were an option to turn off those filters Xo

The grain and film wear look does bring down the awesomeness unfortunately. I will keep the SotC theme up until I get annoyed enough.

Top Bottom