• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread January 2013: We beat the apocalypse without buttons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxczx

Sega should release a game based only on Kingdom Conquest/Kingdom Conquest II's battle/dungeon crawling portions, they're like Phantasy Star Online mobile, or something like that. I'd definitely buy it. That's what kept me playing Kingdom Conquest for a while but I never liked the city-building aspect much.
would be nice. i enjoyed the first level with the dragon but the town building dragged on way too long.

Sega should release a game based only on Kingdom Conquest/Kingdom Conquest II's battle/dungeon crawling portions, they're like Phantasy Star Online mobile, or something like that. I'd definitely buy it. That's what kept me playing Kingdom Conquest for a while but I never liked the city-building aspect much.

I said this when the first came was out, I loved the dungeon raids and it felt really good on my old ipod at the time, then there was the overly complex map/city stuff I have zero interest in.

When this sequel was announced I was hoping that it would have more raids and less overworld but it's not the case, a shame because PSO would really work.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

One of the most engaging experiences I had in 2012. I could not put it down from the moment I opened the app. Was so sad when I finished it less than 2 hours in that single sitting.

Just started FF Dimensions, which thus far is a pretty solid classic FF game. Considering buying the rest of the chapters but need some thoughts first. The prologue really piqued my interest as a nice FFV alternative for my new iPad Mini.

iPad ports of Bug Princess 1/2 and ESPGaluda also has made me appreciate Cave shooters. Have had a blast with them, though DoDonPachi Maximum kinda sucks in comparison.

Finished the Last Express... on a train going out of Paris! :D That last chapter goes crazy, loved it.

It's depressing to think that this game just sunk into obscurity back when it released, but I'm really glad I had the chance to play it now.

PFD

Heroes & Castles is already #8 on pais apps. Pretty impressive.

You guys should buy it. Really fun.

Can't recommend this enough. Game is like crack, and the co-op is wild fun, if a bit too hard (can't last more than 3 mins haha).

The controls can be finicky, but the gameplay is tons of fun. Every map has been a challenge so far, and upgrades (hero, units, buildings) have a very evident effect on gameplay.

The dev is very active in responding to the community (they did Bug Heroes/Quest) and are already teasing content for the next update (additional class, more gameplay modes, etc...)

One of the most engaging experiences I had in 2012. I could not put it down from the moment I opened the app. Was so sad when I finished it less than 2 hours in that single sitting.

Just started FF Dimensions, which thus far is a pretty solid classic FF game. Considering buying the rest of the chapters but need some thoughts first. The prologue really piqued my interest as a nice FFV alternative for my new iPad Mini.

iPad ports of Bug Princess 1/2 and ESPGaluda also has made me appreciate Cave shooters. Have had a blast with them, though DoDonPachi Maximum kinda sucks in comparison.

FF:D is hella long. Over 50 hours to get 100%. I think it is worth the money but you can always wait for that 50% off Square sale in December 2013...

KingKong

So I just got to the last 10 levels of Hundreds, does anyone know what's up with those arrows pointing at levels 91 and 10? I beat both of those

the last 10 are really clever, by the way, I don't think I'm going to beat all the levels though because some of them seem designed for ipad and are really really annoying with iphone

Goli

If you wanna get FFD now is the perfect time to do so since the full game unlock IAP is down from 29.99 USD to 19.99 USD to celebrate the game hitting over 1,000,000 downloads.

bonesquad

So I just got to the last 10 levels of Hundreds, does anyone know what's up with those arrows pointing at levels 91 and 10? I beat both of those

I can tell you what those are indicating, spoilered of course.

-
They are trying to give you a hint how to activate endless mode...
-
Pinch together the arrows, like you were zooming in, and endless mode will unlock.

I wonder how well hundreds sold. It seemed to disappear from the top charts pretty quickly (in my country at least)

It's not worth its current asking price of $5 is part of the problem. Hundreds has a number of really cool levels, but I just felt the majority of them were either too easy/uninteresting or are a total chore to beat. I finished about 85-90 levels total, and I don't have any desire to play more.

No_Style

It's not worth its current asking price of $5 is part of the problem. Hundreds has a number of really cool levels, but I just felt the majority of them were either too easy/uninteresting or are a total chore to beat. I finished about 85-90 levels total, and I don't have any desire to play more.

The last row was pretty dumb. Poor attempt at challenge. One of them was just annoying because all you had to do was
hold a corner to keep everything lit

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies

FFD is a big win when it comes to combat, kinda a big fail when it comes to story. So if you play RPGs more for systems than scenario, it's easy to recommend.

heringer

FFD is a big win when it comes to combat, kinda a big fail when it comes to story. So if you play RPGs more for systems than scenario, it's easy to recommend.

The graphics completely throw me off. And I like retro graphics. The PSP version of FFIV, for instance, is gorgeous. I like the look of FF1 and FF2 as well. Dimensions though... ugh.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The graphics completely throw me off. And I like retro graphics. The PSP version of FFIV, for instance, is gorgeous. I like the look of FF1 and FF2 as well. Dimensions though... ugh.
Same. If FFD looked like ATB instead it would be a no-brainer.

0OoO0

Momonga is out!

Momonga-Momo-Only.png

GET IT NOW!

Guys, get this game! Short but sweet!

Wiktor

I just got iPhone 5 and trying to track down all games that caught my attention before and I'm failing with one. It was a bar-themed adventure game. Not the Bar Adventure jRPG, but a visual novel like thing. Does that ring any bells for anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom