• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread January 2013: We beat the apocalypse without buttons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kottila

Cook, Serve, Delicious! was upgraded to 1.0.3 yesterday, should resolve all crashing issues hopefully as it has a new and vastly improved music/audio engine. Also adjusted swipe zones, added background effects, and fixed a few bugs.

Later this month there will be a free update adding two new foods and challenges! Woo!

Also there are three iPad codes hidden in this post, just quote to reveal. Enjoy!

Just bought your game. Love it so far (after first day). Is it possible to go through a perfect day or should I learm to live with dissatisfied customers?

luvcraft

Neo Member
Since I see a few other late-December games in the OP, is there any chance of Paper Galaxy getting in there? Or any chance of Paper Galaxy being part of the iOS Challenges?

Also, Starbucks is currently giving away promo codes for Rayman Jungle Run. Would it be kosher for me to post some of these codes here for people who don't have a friendly neighborhood Starbucks nearby?

Heel

How's everyone doing in Hundreds?

I'm up to level 87 as of last night. Managed to get over 95% a few times, but just cannot beat it. It's going to be so satisfying to see that big 100 flash on the screen.

How's everyone doing in Hundreds?

I'm up to level 87 as of last night. Managed to get over 95% a few times, but just cannot beat it. It's going to be so satisfying to see that big 100 flash on the screen.

I'm on the exact same level and have gotten it to 96 twice, but still haven't beaten it... It's so close I can taste it... I know it's possible... but holy crap can I not seem to get it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just bought your game. Love it so far (after first day). Is it possible to go through a perfect day or should I learm to live with dissatisfied customers?

Definitely learn to live with it. The game starts hard and gets harder. :) Thanks for the support!

Heel

I'm on the exact same level and have gotten it to 96 twice, but still haven't beaten it... It's so close I can taste it... I know it's possible... but holy crap can I not seem to get it.

It feels like I'm just trying to brute force my way through the level instead of truly learning how to beat it, haha. It just doesn't feel like there's really a solution beyond
starting with a great level layout to grow 2 big circles without interference.
I'm probably wrong.

dwebo

cook serve delicious is pretty fun, enough so that I feel bad now having gotten it as a freebie. my only niggle would be that the number of days needed to progress feels a bit long, considering the other requirements

Been trying to find Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords but it seems they pulled it from the app store some time ago with no reason why :(

I guess I'll play #2 but I've wanted to beat the first game. Only have the bugged PSP version right now.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Just got into hundreds. Really challenging game. Like it a lot.

Great modern minimalist style too.
I think I've spent more time solving those crypto puzzles than playing the game (which is to say, I've spent lots of time solving them). It's been relatively easy for the first 50 levels or so. I love it overall.

PittaGAF

Been trying to find Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords but it seems they pulled it from the app store some time ago with no reason why :(

I guess I'll play #2 but I've wanted to beat the first game. Only have the bugged PSP version right now.

Game was pulled after a license switchover (not the original dev fault and they are forced NOT to talk about this, as far as I know).
I managed to reinstall it from my purchase list after like 2 hours of tries (you have to manually find the game because search doesn't work).
I wanted to reinstall it on iPhone but for some reason my purchase list always crash on iPhone, but I was able to reinstall from iPad.
The game is still GREAT IMHO...a real pity it has been abandoned (or forced to be).
Works great with iOS 6.

PittaGAF

Died 5 minutes into playing The Last Express. LOL

That's old school pick and click adventure gaming for ya

Stick with it....dying and seeing all the various outcomes of the game is a pivotal part of the gameplay.
Play till the (real) end and you will be granted one of the most awesome and touching ending sequence in the videogames history IMHO.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Stick with it....dying and seeing all the various outcomes of the game is a pivotal part of the gameplay.
Play till the (real) end and you will be granted one of the most awesome and touching ending sequence in the videogames history IMHO.

massive spoiler for Last Express:
and a stupid fucking Bird Ex Machina out of nowhere :p

PittaGAF

massive spoiler for Last Express:
and a stupid fucking Bird Ex Machina out of nowhere :p

LOL.

Can't say you are wrong, but I thought it was fitting in the end.
I found particularly touching MASSIVE SPOILER
the young Russian lady madness

tmdorsey

I think I've spent more time solving those crypto puzzles than playing the game (which is to say, I've spent lots of time solving them). It's been relatively easy for the first 50 levels or so. I love it overall.

What's the deal with these? Am I supposed to just try to unscramble the letters to make a phrase?

Do you have Enscripted? Sounds like you might like it.

Zia

Can you log into your Game Center on someone else's iDevice without issue? Thinking about hopping on the BF's iPhone to get a Super Hexagon achievement that's bugged for me, if possible.

Karish

Can ANYONE help me figure out why I can't seem to get iCloud saves working between my ipad and my iPhone on both GTA Vice City but more importantly Rayman Jungle Run?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Can you log into your Game Center on someone else's iDevice without issue? Thinking about hopping on the BF's iPhone to get a Super Hexagon achievement that's bugged for me, if possible.
No problems, I had to do that for a bugged achievement once too.

Can ANYONE help me figure out why I can't seem to get iCloud saves working between my ipad and my iPhone on both GTA Vice City but more importantly Rayman Jungle Run?

A while back there were people stating they couldn't get iCloud working with Rayman. It works for me-so maybe it's something device specific?

99%

Been playing Need for Speed Most Wanted, damn people, I didnt expect this to be good at all.

But the controls and tracks are actually made to work on ios, gorgeous graphics and great soundtrack.

Playing this is like playing burnout on my psp but with better graphics, this is correcy right? These guys used to make burnout no?

PFD

Been playing Need for Speed Most Wanted, damn people, I didnt expect this to be good at all.

But the controls and tracks are actually made to work on ios, gorgeous graphics and great soundtrack.

Playing this is like playing burnout on my psp but with better graphics, this is correcy right? These guys used to make burnout no?

The console version of most wanted was made by the burnout guys. The mobile version is made by fire monkeys (Real racing, mirrors edge, dead space iOS).

Shark Dash is free. Pretty fun puzzle game.

Manax

Awesome ive been playing a bit, the points will transfer between the full console/pc version and the ios version too which is nice
Was pretty suprised by the great quality but i guess thats credit to the firemonkey team

Add me on origin: Manaxau

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
In that case Fuu, login to Beat Sneak Bandit for me on your iPhone. :p
I can try it if you want! Maybe change your password to something temporary and PM it to me if you like. I'd have gouged my eyes out if that didn't register for me, so many retries.

PFD

There's a new update for Ravensword Shadowlands with a ton of bug fixes. It's not a delta update though, gotta download the whole 500+ mb thing.

Touch or Tilt steering for NFS:MW?

I finished it with tilt steering. Worked well enough.

Zeth

I think both are available, just curious what others' preferences are/if touch option is viable. I don't mind tilt, as long as I'm not doing it on a full-size iPad.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Touch or Tilt steering for NFS:MW?
There are options for either as usual in iOS racers but also as usual tilt is the superior option for precision and fun, manipulating a little virtual wheel on screen just isn't as satisfying. Although I have to say it's not quite as good as Real Racing 2, it's a little harder to keep the car steady and do minor adjustments, while there are a few less control options too, but at least it's also a very different kind of racing game that should tide me over until Real Racing 3 arrives which hopefully will improve on the precursor in every aspect. I never had an issue on iPad2 with either game using tilt, it's not like I play them for hours (per session that is, I've spent a lot of time in both) or play outside. I think the only such vehicular games that work better with touch rather than tilt are those not properly tuned for precise analog tilt steering, like Crazy Taxi, Carmageddon, and others.

Yanksfan

Bought Hundreds and Super Hexagon today and holy shit, both are amazing.

Got up to Level 27 on Hundreds and have died a few times in a row.

Got up to a whole 32 seconds in Super Hexagon on just the 'Hard' (default) mode. God, these two games are embarrassing me.

snack

Bought Hundreds and Super Hexagon today and holy shit, both are amazing.

Got up to Level 27 on Hundreds and have died a few times in a row.

Got up to a whole 32 seconds in Super Hexagon on just the 'Hard' (default) mode. God, these two games are embarrassing me.
Hexagon is some pretty hard shit. I just got the game too, but damn it's ADDICTING!

Clunker

Hundreds is simply beautiful. In terms of presentation, it's clean, functional, and gorgeous, and the ambient background music only adds to the whole package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom