• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Finaika

Heh seems I'm kinda late, coz most of the stuff has been posted :p

I'm terribly sorry as I was unable to take pictures during the presentation (unless u want pics of a girl cosplaying as Mai there :p )

I'll try to list the stuff that hasn't been mentioned yet...

- KOFXIII will be the climax of the Ash saga.
- The intro show's him, Rose & I could've swear ppl that wore clothes like Zero from KOF2000.
- I think there will be a total of 9 new characters, 3 which are revealed as the Women's Team (Mai, Yuri & King).
- As u can see, Mai is in her Real Bout oufit I think.
- Her fighting stance is like a very exaggerated pose from her official art from KOF2000.
- She has a new VA (Koshimizu Ami). The presenters commented that her voice sounds very sexy when she does her "Kachou-sen!" fan throw :D
- Yuri's sprite looks very cute.
- The character order selection screen's music is the same as KOFXI (probably just a placeholder).
- 4 new stages shown (1 is the jungle stage mysteriously removed from KOFXII). They also said that there will be more new stages.
- The sousai & critical combo system seems to have been removed.
- There is also no longer the zooming in & out camera effect (the camera seemed to be zoomed out now).
- The speed seems to have been increased.
- In short, the game feels more like classic KOF than the slower paced KOFXII.

IMG_0045.jpg

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
zlatko said:
What part of that video confirms a story mode? I don't speak Japanese so unless they mentioned it all you really saw was the flashy arcade intro so you are jumping the gun BIG time. :lol

You don't need to know Japanese, its written in English text "CLIMAX TO ASH SAGA" like at sec 8. :lol

EDIT: Finaika just confirmed what I just said. :lol

BTW thanks for the info Finaika!

LowParry

Finaika said:
- The sousai & critical combo system seems to have been removed.

Thank the lord. I hated the system in XII. Glad to hear everything going back to the way KOF was meant to be.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Finaika delivers.
We love ya dood!

No_Style said:
I wonder who will bring it over to N.A console. Will Ignition USA do it again?
Ignition says no until SNKP delivers a good online.

tzare said:
i am sooooooooooooo excited but sooooooooooo angry

did they take the zoom feature out? fuck all those pixel haters. It was spectacular.
Only 4 new stages is low, hope it is just because this is the first time the game is shown.
Great new characters :)

Maybe there will be an option for fixed or zooming camera? It didn't bother me in the first game either and I felt it added to the intensity of the fight. (edit: or not)

zlatko

Banned
-DarKaoZ- said:
You don't need to know Japanese, its written in English text "CLIMAX TO ASH SAGA" like at sec 8. :lol

EDIT: Finaika just confirmed what I just said. :lol

BTW thanks for the info Finaika!

Yeah thanks Finaika, because I watched the vid twice again and the screen goes way too bright and white at :08 with just Climax of The... and you can't see the rest. That's why I was thinking you were grasping at straws lol.

Great to see story, King, more new stages, more new characters. Now we just need in a few months confirmation of a NA release with near perfect net code as well as Rock Howard.

Rock
FUCKING
Howard.

I would go down on all of SNK dev team if they can get the net code and Rock in there.

Edgeward

Alright, I'm now hyped for this. Just give me my Kula! Everything else answers most of my wishes: Mai, no zoom-in, story, buster wolf (unconfirmed)?!

Oh oh oh, I'm definitely feeling it, SNK. :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
tzare said:
i am sooooooooooooo excited but sooooooooooo angry

did they take the zoom feature out? fuck all those pixel haters. It was spectacular.
Only 4 new stages is low, hope it is just because this is the first time the game is shown.
Great new characters :)

It was hideous. I'm so glad it's gone.

Finaika said:
Heh seems I'm kinda late, coz most of the stuff has been posted :p

I'm terribly sorry as I was unable to take pictures during the presentation (unless u want pics of a girl cosplaying as Mai there :p )

DO you even really need to ask this question?

I turned on XII to compare the zoomed out in that game to what we see here and it looks to be exactly the same size. I felt the characters looked a bit small in the videos, but it looks great on my tv. Might kinda like the zooming being gone? Hmm.

Onemise

Banned
Wow thats some fast gameplay & I like what im seeing but they'll need to do more than that to have my complete pledge.

1 player story mode
lots of characters (Alba, Rock Howard, Orochi Team, k9999, Kain, Krauser)
perfect net code

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Onemise said:
Wow thats some fast gameplay & I like what im seeing but they'll need to do more than that to have my complete pledge.

1 player story mode
lots of characters (Alba, Rock Howard, Orochi Team, k9999, Kain, Krauser)
perfect net code
Not gonna happen sorry.

EDIT: Seems that some videos are already online on Nico nico.

agaru

nvm, the image is already on the official website. :p

So far it looks like a proper full game. I'm definitely interested.

AAK

My purchase will depend completely on the net code. Unlike Tekken and Street Fighter, there is NOBODY here in Ottawa who plays KOF. Would've been a different story if I was in Pakistan or South America.

EDIT: No! Ralf still looks retarded. Why you gotta screw my main SNK! Ah well, I'll just suck it up since you guys were nice enough to include King.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
I made some screengrabs from youtube.
1z4bi84.jpg

24zips2.jpg

They don't look like anyone known.

Edit. So late.

First guy is Ash, but most likely "DARK ASH", well that was the prototype name for the character. The 2nd one, might be related to the Dragon Saga thing.

Would anyone be upset if Yamazaki was on Iori's team instead of Vice? I like Vice, but assuming Mature has a fleshed out move list this time I'll be happy with her.

Fersis

Guys you have to check those screenshots, crazy beautiful stuff there.
Yuti has short hair now.

_dementia said:
what are the odds they'll add new characters instead of having a returning roster again?
do people even want new characters?

Hell yes I do!

The art of Ralf and Clark is waaayy less hulky than the art from XII, but I guess the sprites will remain the same.

rvy

Banned
Fersis said:
No K' for now, but there's always the console characters!
The blurry pic was fake then? Goddamn it!

Still looks awesome though. I feel terrible about not getting XII : (.

Fersis

-DarKaoZ- said:
Fersis... I need to help you make the KOFXIII official thread, I really want to do some of my photoshop work for KOF! (My last contribution was Resonance of Fate Official Thread)
Too soon to talk about the official thread.
I need to see more of the UI to start making it. (I like to use the game UI style on the OTs ,check BCBF2 and KOFXII official threads)

LowParry

Geez, Mai is like...everywhere with those in game shots. So gooood. :D\

And Yuri is so cute. She better be good a wreckin' faces.

rvy said:
The blurry pic was fake then? Goddamn it!

Still looks awesome though. I feel terrible about not getting XII : (.

Dude, don't feel bad for not getting raped. I mean I had fun with XII, but this is what you were waiting for! I hope K' is in too. I think he's too popular to be ignored this time around.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Not really a fan of the camera being so far back, nor how super chibi some of the females look ... but yeah, seems good.

Fersis

_dementia said:
what are the odds they'll add new characters instead of having a returning roster again?
do people even want new characters?
I want new characters even more than returning ones.
It looks like there's a new team.

mujun

Awesome news, vids and the like coming in. Thanks to all who provided it!

I need to know, thanks in advance ;)

Does Ryo have his fireball with kick jumping chop back? I won't use him without it.

Is Sie Kensou restored to his pre XII self, please say he is! I need his fb, crouching HK and air special..

Fersis

patrickthehedgehog said:
The in game convo portraits are SWEET!

c20100325_kof13b_26_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

Yup.

Look at Ash face he is all like: Who the hell are you noob?

rvy

Banned
patrickthehedgehog said:
Dude, don't feel bad for not getting raped. I mean I had fun with XII, but this is what you were waiting for! I hope K' is in too. I think he's too popular to be ignored this time around.
Yeah, but as bare-bones the game is, I kinda wish I had shown some support.

And I hope he does make it in.

zlatko

Banned
I will sex anyone in here if they can muster up a good King avatar for me to use from her KoF13 look. I have no photoshop or else I'd be all over it. :D

Top Bottom