• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

AAK

Yuri' sprite is the most disproportionate I've ever seen in a 2D fighting game.

But King looks awesome!

rvy said:
Yeah, but as bare-bones the game is, I kinda wish I had shown some support.

And I hope he does make it in.

You may have made the right choice by not buying to show SNK that they made a mistake with that release. KoF XIII is here and we'll get it one way or another!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
J. M. Romeo said:
So is there any place to see this game in Japan? Or it's not yet in the arcades
According to the OP : Location test will be held from March 26 through March 28 at the Hey arcade in Akihabara.

jett

D-Member
GrayFoxPL said:
c20100325_kof13b_31_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

c20100325_kof13b_32_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

Fucking heads. :lol :lol

King looks weird, and wtf at Yuri's face? :lol

I don't understand the use of that horrible font either...but whatever

Swittcher

Banned
jett said:
King looks weird, and wtf at Yuri's face? :lol

I don't understand the use of that horrible font either...but whatever

I think King looks pretty good.

But yeah, these new sprites are taking "anime look" to the next level.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
zlatko said:
I will sex anyone in here if they can muster up a good King avatar for me to use from her KoF13 look. I have no photoshop or else I'd be all over it. :D

Sure, why not (plz rehost)

king_02.jpg
king_01.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
has anything been said about this not having shitty netcode?

my mexican friend is hella excited for this.
Its the reveal of the arcade game so there's no info about the console version.

tzare

animation seems from Youtube vids that is not as fluid as KOFXII, logical if the game is faster. I hope this doesn't turn into a marvel vs capcom type of game with fireballs everywhere and with crazy gameplay

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Augemitbutter said:
there is so much space to fight now. might take a while til i get used to that.

This is needed.

Everything so far about this game is what I wanted. All it needs now is Billy.

As long as the netcode isn't ass, at least 2011 should have one good fighter.

zlatko

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
Sure, why not (plz rehost)

king_02.jpg
king_01.jpg

! Thank you a million! The two choices are both so equally awesome, but in the end I had to go with the first. Second one is up for grabs if anyone wants to snatch it.

:D

zlatko

Banned
arstal said:
This is needed.

Everything so far about this game is what I wanted. All it needs now is Billy.

As long as the netcode isn't ass, at least 2011 should have one good fighter.

2011?! This NEEDS to hit 2010 holiday or sooner. With SSF4 in April, Blazblue CS in July, KoF would have the next big fighting game fix set up for August to December of this year. Granted I don't want another rush job like 12, but I WOULD like to see this game this year because the wait will kill me.

Fersis

zlatko said:
2011?! This NEEDS to hit 2010 holiday or sooner. With SSF4 in April, Blazblue CS in July, KoF would have the next big fighting game fix set up for August to December of this year. Granted I don't want another rush job like 12, but I WOULD like to see this game this year because the wait will kill me.
Probably an arcade release on 2010, consoles on 2011.

LowParry

Fersis said:

Good lord. They need to bring this out to consoles by the end of the year. With SSF4 and BB:CS on the horizon, they'd be crazy not to release it this year.

zlatko

Banned
Fersis said:

Ugh. Wake me up next year then. There's no arcade scene in North Dakota lol, so I'll have to live off internet vids of the arcade version once it hits.

I'm also glad they got rid of the dumb announcer from KoF12. Weaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddyyyyyyy FIGHT!

Fersis

CcrooK said:
Good lord. They need to bring this out to consoles by the end of the year. With SSF4 and BB:CS on the horizon, they'd be crazy not to release it this year.
I dont want another half cooked KOF. I want my good UI,challenges,competent AI, survival modes. etc etc.

jett

D-Member
Kintaro said:
Huh...the fighters look really small. Really small.

kof1.jpg
c20100325_kof13b_31_cs1w1_640x360.jpg
[/IMG]

They seem to be of the same size compared to Pre-KOFXII games. The widescreen aspect makes the screen look really empty though.

Swittcher

Banned
zlatko said:
Ugh. Wake me up next year then. There's no arcade scene in North Dakota lol, so I'll have to live off internet vids of the arcade version once it hits.

I'm also glad they got rid of the dumb announcer from KoF12. Weaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddyyyyyyy FIGHT!

They'll probably bring that back for the console release.

Yuri looks funny lol ,
Still I happy that got rid of that zoom crap ,also the put life bars where they should be .
I also happy that made the game faster it's look smoother and chars look better when jumping and moving about .

But what is awesome is they got rid of KOF12 game play like CC and sousai.

Women's team is a boring and obvious addition. Vice, Billy Kane and Takuma will be a bit cooler. While I'm glad they're putting a story in this one who gives a shit about the Ash story? At least it's ending. The gameplay vids do look fun, though:)

Not on the hype train until:
Terry gets his fucking power dunk
Ralf and Clark look old school
New team looks awesome

It's going to be a long time until the console release, until we know online will be good and hopefully some interesting characters (like Vanessa and Yamazaki).

LowParry

Fersis said:
I dont want another half cooked KOF. I want my good UI,challenges,competent AI, survival modes. etc etc.

It already looks a lot better than XII. And they seem to have the right idea in mind on what KOF was meant to be. Arcade release for them fine tweaks, etc., then release it on console 6 months later. Just don't pull a Tekken 6 of keeping the fans waiting for so damn long (the one's who don't live east or west coast :( ).

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
zlatko said:

2010 holiday it would get killed by bigger titles.

My guesstimate: April 2011. Knowing SNK it will eb six months of delay on top of that due to slowness though.

Fersis said:
Wait wait, you're Youtube's ReXXXSoprano?
Wow, ive been watching your videos for a while. Kickass job dood.

EDIT: Double post :/

That be me. Unless there's someone who did it first but I doubt that. And thanks for the compliment. I do it for all the gamers who love games like I do. It's my labor of love.

Frankfurt

Banned
No_Style said:
I wonder who will bring it over to N.A console. Will Ignition USA do it again?

Ignition's moderator confirmed they'll meet with SNK, but they say that, unless SNK promises to fix the netcode, they won't sign up for it.

I assume either XSeed or Atlus would pick the game up otherwise.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Frankfurt said:
Ignition's moderator confirmed they'll meet with SNK, but they say that, unless SNK promises to fix the netcode, they won't sign up for it.

SNK can promise anything, will they deliver.

Fersis

Frankfurt said:

Which is a smart move for them.

* Waits for LiquidSwords *

BitchTits

Not really liking King's sprite, and the flame effects still look weird, like they've been badly cropped or something, they really stand out - in a bad way.

MoxManiac

arstal said:
SNK can promise anything, will they deliver.

At least someone is approaching them and saying to them point blank "Fix the damn netcode this time" Not that it'll guarantee anything, but it's something.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Is it me, or does King kinda look like Rock Howard? Its the hairstyle I guess. I'm more used to seeing King's hair more neatly combed. Seeing it kinda rough like that strikes me as a bit odd.

LowParry

Baron Aloha said:
Is it me, or does King kinda look like Rock Howard? Its the hairstyle I guess. I'm more used to seeing King's hair more neatly combed. Seeing it kinda rough like that strikes me as a bit odd.

The new styles of the characters make them look a whole lot younger. King looks a whole lot different this time around. Can't say I can complain though. It's pretty slick. Mai is just the same. They all come out to looking odd cause it's an entire new style. I dig it.

Frankfurt

Banned
BitchTits said:
Not really liking King's sprite, and the flame effects still look weird, like they've been badly cropped or something, they really stand out - in a bad way.

I think by now, it's obvious they want to make fire and ki very different. Fire has smoke and it's solid, while ki is transparent and bright.

tzare

MoxManiac said:
At least someone is approaching them and saying to them point blank "Fix the damn netcode this time" Not that it'll guarantee anything, but it's something.

going GGPO would be a safe bet i guess. I do not know if they can afford it though :/

Fersis

tzare said:
going GGPO would be a safe bet i guess. I do not know if they can afford it though :/
At least we know that SNKP knows about GGPO thanks to Ignition.

Top Bottom