• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

tzare

arstal said:
GGPO won't be expensive.

oh, i do not know if it is, but i don't think snk has the budget to pay for it. I hope so really. Or hire some coders from the west to do it for them.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Well... SNKP went third party happy for KOF XII and XIII ... (GSS,ScaleForm,WWise)
The thing about GGPO is that SNKP has to understand the importance of online gaming outside of Japan. (Besided they're a small country with fast interwebz)

Shadow780 said:
I'm currently on this stage:

No Mai no bai!
No new moves no bai!
no GGPO netcode no bai!
Mai? CHECK.
New moves? CHECK.
GGPO?. Ok you wont buy XIII.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
BB and HDR both used some GGPO principles in their netcodes. Not true GGPO

The Final Fight coming out in three weeks is using GGPO.

tzare

Fersis said:
Well... SNKP went third party happy for KOF XII and XIII ... (GSS,ScaleForm,WWise)
The thing about GGPO is that SNKP has to understand the importance of online gaming outside of Japan. (Besided they're a small country with fast interwebz)

Mai? CHECK.
New moves? CHECK.
GGPO?. Ok you wont buy XIII.

the thing is that if anyone has played 2df (which is not GGPO btw) gameplay is way more smooth than many actual games(including KOFXII and SFIV) which is really weird as it is just emulation + p2p netcode.

Kapwan

Neo Member
This looking a lot better than the Beta test that was Kof XII. I'm still disappointed by the lack of character intros before the matches, but they could just be gone temporarily.

GGPO would be nice but I doubt that SNK will get it given there history. Just by looking at all the footage though I can tell this falls in line much better with the older king of fighters games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbJ2fiGAfyc

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sweet footage
om nom nom nom

Dayum this looks and feels like KOF!
-Clark got back some of his moves.
-Joe has new FXs on some of the moves.
-Benimaru has his 3 kick combo.

Frankfurt

Banned
I'll miss intros, but if the dialogues in this are as funny as SVC, i would be fine with the trade.

obonicus said:
Is this the first KoF in which Athena doesn't have a new outfit?

Neowave was the first.

But i never expected them to waste time on that when they have so many moves and characters to add.

DrFunk said:
does the camera zoom in on win animations? that's awesome

Too bad they removed the zoom from the actual fights. I know it made the pixels extra clear but I liked having ridiculously huge character sprites.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's officially over? I'm guessing everything has been announced from the event?

Well, this is certainly a positive direction. Can't wait to see the media once I get home.

Fersis

GuardianE said:
It's officially over? I'm guessing everything has been announced from the event?

Well, this is certainly a positive direction. Can't wait to see the media once I get home.
Loketest tomorrow.

AAK

Fersis said:
Sweet footage
om nom nom nom

Hey, characters have more than one super now? Cool. IIRC, KOFXII only had one super per character.

Fersis

AAK said:
Hey, characters have more than one super now? Cool. IIRC, KOFXII only had one super per character.
At least they have DMs and SDMs now.

Something that would fill up all that empty space on the sides would be YOUR TEAM STANDING ON THE SIDELINES! We're talking like a HANDFUL of animations per character that would need to be done for this! Please SNKP!

Fersis said:
Sweet footage
om nom nom nom

Looking goods , can't wait to be playing KOF again .
Hope it don't take to long a Nov release would be great .

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
THE KING IS BACK!!!!!! :D I was on the verge of breaking down and actually buying ugly ass SSF4 :lol Mai, King, Yuri!!!!!! sooo goood!

LowParry

ShirAhava said:
THE KING IS BACK!!!!!! :D I was on the verge of breaking down and actually buying ugly ass SSF4 :lol Mai, King, Yuri!!!!!! sooo goood!

Oh please. You'll buy both because both games are KING. Well...not Tekken KING but still...equal grounds. :D

Frankfurt

Banned
The link has two short vids, too.

All i need now is confirmation that throws and command throws are back to how they were before. Some Clark player shoudl let us know in the next 3 days.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Frankfurt said:
The link has two short vids, too.

All i need now is confirmation that throws and command throws are back to how they were before. Some Clark player shoudl let us know in the next 3 days.

The two vids link youtube. I'm guessing they're the same as the other vids shown in this thread?

Oh nice... Things looking good so far. Still cautious, but I've hopped on the hype train. I'm the fellow in the caboose, right next to the emergency exit.

panda21

did the arcade version of XII have loading screens between rounds like the console version?

just wondering if no loading means it wont load on the console either.

or maybe i'm just imagining it and XII didnt have them on the console.

panda21 said:
did the arcade version of XII have loading screens between rounds like the console version?

just wondering if no loading means it wont load on the console either.

or maybe i'm just imagining it and XII didnt have them on the console.

The home version had like 3-4 second loads between rounds where the screen just went black for a bit.

Frankfurt

Banned
GuardianE said:
The two vids link youtube. I'm guessing they're the same as the other vids shown in this thread?

No, they're new. One is a Kyo combo showing off how Hyper mode works, the other is a pan of the rainy street into Mai's sideways poster on the lobby of the building.

You still haven't seen the previous vids?

Let me upload avi and mp4 versions of the Mai and King ones. Right click, save as:

DELETED.

tzare

do characters have taunts as the used to have ?

the think about this KOF is that reminds me more of SNK post KOF99 (really not SNK, but eolith and others) than SNK previous to 99. But i will take it XD

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
patrickthehedgehog said:
The home version had like 3-4 second loads between rounds where the screen just went black for a bit.

At least on the 360 version, a patch cut the in-round load times a good bit. 2 secs is reasonable. SFII on the SNES had 2 sec load times.

Top Bottom