• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Andy's new improved Neomax: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRl6PQPLwPc
Joe's Neomax Vs Takuma**: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVkhtzbj9d8
Terry's Awesome Combo destruction***: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmJLP8JCOI4

**Note that you can see Shermie in the BG in the Joe video! Also, to the furthest right, if you look behind Takuma, you see Ramon sitting in a chair, talking to a man with his back turned, who looks a LOT like Seth.... If I'm not mistaken, Vanessa is ALSO sitting with them, though she is very much blocked by a large woman in green in front of her. The Red hair gives it away... but the baggy-bottom black-ish pants are new!

***Cham Cham is in Terry's video, too, to the left side, near the tree! That's also Kushnood/Marco in the background, to the right, in Terry's Video?!? At around 4 seconds in. That's definately a darker skinned man in a Gi, who doesn't fit in with the natives...

Note: When Joe lands his NM, the crowd speeds up, as if they all just saw the most amazing thing ever in their lives. I assume this is a universal Neomax aspect of "Interacting with the stages", eh? Actually, it seems to be a reaction that occurs when you do combos. In the Terry vid, the characters speed up as Terry's combo counter gets higher... finally returning to normal after he blast his poor brother away...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
New Trailer Notes:- Leona has Red hair when doing EX V slasher. I think we all know what this suggest.

- Robert SURFS ON YOUR BODY in his neomax now.

- King's Neomax from mid air. The Bartender kicks out a projectile that looks like Champagne... perfect!

- When Kula does Freeze Execution, you can see Diana pop out. MAN, that effect is insane.

- Takuma has a beastly face when doing moves.

- Andy's neomax in THIS vid is not the same as the other posted today. Weird...

- Hwa Jai does 2 "golden heels" very close to the ground in what looks like a block string. Could this be a drinking effect?

- Shingo can be seen in the background of the "SUMO!" stage, towards the left.

AAK

SAB CA said:
**Note that you can see Shermie in the BG in the Joe video! Also, to the furthest right, if you look behind Takuma, you see Ramon sitting in a chair, talking to a man with his back turned, who looks a LOT like Seth.... If I'm not mistaken, Vanessa is ALSO sitting with them, though she is very much blocked by a large woman in green in front of her. The Red hair gives it away... but the baggy-bottom black-ish pants are new!

Seth??? Judging by XII and XIII's art style they'd make Seth HUGE, I don't think it's him sitting opposite Ramon. And I'm sorry, I can't see ANYTHING behind the woman in green.

- When Kula does Freeze Execution, you can see Diana pop out. MAN, that effect is insane.

xeg5zc.png

NICE Observation!

AAK

SAB CA said:
DarK's nice pic got me to looking again, and thus, I noticed:

http://sabworks.com/mboard/KOFsightings.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wait a sec, was Hinako that toothpick thick girl that was supposed to be a sumo?

gundamkyoukai said:
Awesome trailer, this looks like it's going to be a great KOF . Have good online play and my days of SSF4 done.

Haven't even gotten on SSF4 :(

Anyway I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I was sold the moment I discovered K' would be in it <3

I'd be even happier if rock howard or goenitz showed up.

simply bad ass!! BAD ASS!!!

trailers and everything....I like how the music goes out when the neowaves kick in, what a nice effect.

SNK knows what they are doing this time around.

Throw in some Zoom to make the XII fans happy.

...And most importantly, keep doing those beta tests to improve and balance the gameplay. With good netcode, we might have a winner, seeing as how fighting games are back in the play.

Kim's Neomax = EPIC

tzare

Choppasmith said:
There are simply n words that can describe the awesome in the latest trailer. Hot damn!

agree, i almost ejaculated :D

C'mooooooooooon SNK, release date for my PS3 (and do not screw it with an awful netcode this time)

HYYYYYPEEEEEEE

pd. i am also done with SSFIV ,too slow,too defensive. I am worst playing KOF but i enjoy it much more

Meeru

Banned
I really really liked how they made the cameos do something like sitting in a chair..instead of standing and cheering

hteng said:
HHHHHYYYPPPEEEE!!!

Seriously, I really want this game to be successful not just for the sake of SNKP, but for the sake of the KOF IP.

Is there anyone that can direct me to a decent (forum law abiding) Kim avatar so i can join the hype train? Or even make a quick one (my photo shop skills are non-existent):D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
hummm....

Im waiting for arstal AKA 'SNKP is dead to me! QQ' to shout "HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE".

Mistouze said:
Oh shit that trailer sure got me pumped even after being disapointed in XII.

THE KING IS BACK, FUCK YEA!
Thats what ive telling since KOFXII !! :lol

GET HYPE MOTHEREFFING BIOTCHES!!

SNKP the true 2D KING!!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:
hummm....

Im waiting for arstal AKA 'SNKP is dead to me! QQ' to shout "HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE".

Thats what ive telling since KOFXII !! :lol

GET HYPE MOTHEREFFING BIOTCHES!!

SNKP the true 2D KING!!

So far, SNK has managed to impress me- which I didn't think was possible after KOFXII, and years of mediocre games before that.

I won't get hyped until SBO though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
On the new trailer theres lot of changes from the loketest.
ie: Robert and Andy NeoMAXe are totally awesome now.

arstal said:
So far, SNK has managed to impress me- which I didn't think was possible after KOFXII, and years of mediocre games before that.

I won't get hyped until SBO though.
GEEET HYYYPEEEEEE ARRSTALL !!!! GET HYPE !!!!!

* Hugs Arstal *
Surrender to the hype dood.

Ok im totally going to make one of those weird japanese pillows with KOFXIII and SNKP logos on it.

By the way, thats one of the best trailers i ever seen SO HYPE!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:
On the new trailer theres lot of changes from the loketest.
ie: Robert and Andy NeoMAXe are totally awesome now.

GEEET HYYYPEEEEEE ARRSTALL !!!! GET HYPE !!!!!

* Hugs Arstal *
Surrender to the hype dood.

Ok im totally going to make one of those weird japanese pillows with KOFXIII and SNKP logos on it.

By the way, thats one of the best trailers i ever seen SO HYPE!

Believe me when I see that the gameplay matches all the hype, I'll be as hyped as anyone here. I still have some concerns that worry me gameplaywise, I don't think they'll be a problem- but I'm going to need to see Dakou and Oogosho rape fools at SBO before knowing for sure.

Fersis

arstal said:
Believe me when I see that the gameplay matches all the hype, I'll be as hyped as anyone here. I still have some concerns that worry me gameplaywise, I don't think they'll be a problem- but I'm going to need to see Dakou and Oogosho rape fools at SBO before knowing for sure.
Repeat after me : H .... Y... then P and finally E . HYPE!

:3

GrayFoxPL

That trailer even made my penis put on sunglasses and bite his lip.

SAB CA said:
New Trailer Notes:- Leona has Red hair when doing EX V slasher. I think we all know what this suggest.

- Robert SURFS ON YOUR BODY in his neomax now.

- King's Neomax from mid air. The Bartender kicks out a projectile that looks like Champagne... perfect!

- Takuma has a beastly face when doing moves.

- Andy's neomax in THIS vid is not the same as the other posted today. Weird...

- Hwa Jai does 2 "golden heels" very close to the ground in what looks like a block string. Could this be a drinking effect?

- Shingo can be seen in the background of the "SUMO!" stage, towards the left.

I noticed Robert NeoMax has auto jump now. Earlier it was activated during jump. Possibly two options now.

Similar with Andy, that other NeoMax was in air. 2 Versions. Nice.

hteng

Banned
at the last fight in the trailer. takuma use his normal projectiles to cancel out the incoming attack and proceed to return a bigger fireball at the opponent, that's pretty awesome.

kiryogi

Banned
hteng said:
at the last fight in the trailer. takuma use his normal projectiles to cancel out the incoming attack and proceed to return a bigger fireball at the opponent, that's pretty awesome.

Seems like he canceld his normal into his dm. super cancel otherwise.

dkeane

Wow If they manage to give this a competent online mode for the home version it'll be sooo sick.
Loving the new trailer.

Chorazin

Ok. This looks really hot, and I'm all about checking it out....after you guys all do. I cancelled my pre-order for XII at the last minute and was the luckier for it, so I'm going to wait to hear if SNK fixed all the problems before I take the plunge.

Fersis

Host Samurai said:
Are we going to be getting some bosses and a story mode in this version? Sorry if it has been answered before.
Well... the trailers show lots some cut scenes following the Ash Saga so yeah. :D

TreIII

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

I don't think I emitted such squeals of delight from a fighting game trailer like that in a long time. :D

Again, please do well, KOFXIII. And on that note, SNK? PLEASE look into GGPO, or whatever code that ASW is using for BB.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:

Looks like Maxima kept his autoguard up the wazoo, which is nice, and has a running grab still of some sort. Betting Maxima lost his rekkas though- it looked like the guy on the right was trying them.

Looks like Maxima should be fun.

Kula looks like she has more recovery then she did in XI.

Fersis

arstal said:
Looks like Maxima kept his autoguard up the wazoo, which is nice, and has a running grab still of some sort. Betting Maxima lost his rekkas though- it looked like the guy on the right was trying them.

Looks like Maxima should be fun.

Kula looks like she has more recovery then she did in XI.

The K' Man running wild!
Also: Dawwwww!! at Kula winning/selection pose. :3
One inch confirmed!
K' NeoMAX awesome confirmed. (Or it was his EX DM?)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fersis said:
The K' Man running wild!
Also: Dawwwww!! at Kula winning/selection pose. :3
One inch confirmed!
K' NeoMAX awesome confirmed. (Or it was his EX DM?)

It took 2 bars of meter, so it was EX Chain Drive, not Neomax. And it was VERY VERY awesome, agreed! he was so freakin passive about it! "Take off the shades... put them back on!"

K' looked fast moving here. He seems to have all his requisite followups too... he oozes coolness in his animations, and I'm suprised we've seen so little play from him.

Fersis

SAB CA said:
It took 2 bars of meter, so it was EX Chain Drive, not Neomax. And it was VERY VERY awesome, agreed! he was so freakin passive about it! "Take off the shades... put them back on!"

K' looked fast moving here. He seems to have all his requisite followups too... he oozes coolness in his animations, and I'm suprised we've seen so little play from him.
SNKP totally nailed the "K' feeling".

effin Hype how does it work?

Moar Kula and K' (Includes Freeze execution)

Top Bottom