• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fersis said:
Elisabeth's XI theme (Cheer * Now I'm gonna wanna play XI again!)

<3 Elisabeth <3

Oh Hwa Jai! Which video?
EDIT: mhm Chin and Hwa Jai dont have their bottle icons besides the Power gauges.
EDIT 2: Ash has a new move. (At least i think thats is in this video :3

Hwa's glimpses of new stance are in the VERY LAST video. I don't think Hwa ever had a Drink gauge in the past, only Chin (which was WEIRD.)

Ash's new move is a move he had in KoF MIRA, apparently. It's seemingly good VS fireballs... there's not a time in all those vids were I can say that I thought I saw the whole move.

And yes, <3 Betty! Both the XI and XIII versions of her team theme are actually some of my fav new KoF music... having both in 1 game sounds fantastic.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Wow indeed SNKP decided to add the GI Torn effect on Yuri, this is awesome (in a detail kind of way). :lol

This video really shows it clearly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GPf7wxDOyY#t=2m40s

Also I'm susprised SNKP hasn't decided to give a Andy Color Scheme like his KOF2002 look, kinda like this one:

Andy2k2small.png

Also having one with Mai having black spandex in her body, making her look more NINJA would be a nice chance of pace IMO. :lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Figured I'd catch the moment of stance we see in Hwa, and compare it to FF1 Hwa and CvS2 Joe, since some thought it looked similiar.

hwastance.jpg

SAB CA said:
What will you see in these vids? Among other things:

Yuri's Gi top getting destroyed by everyone + herself!
Good Maxima EX move useage!
Freaky Duo Lon Play!
Well.. you'll HEAR some KoF XI music playing on occassion!
A good Kensou Player!
Hwa Jai getting so drunk he shows us he has a new stance!
LOADS of different colors!
A Return of the "Hollow Echo" sound effect of AoF characters!
K' Chain Drive going through fireballs!
Shen Woo SUPER PUNCH knocking an enemy off a wall!
Good Kula Play!

AND MUCH MORE!
So... yeah.

Meh, thanks, but it's too hard to make anything out in those vids, I'm amazed you can amass so many details from them.

I'm just going to build up my hype for some higher quality media, hopefully from when I get the game myself :D

-DarKaoZ- said:
Wait... what? You just saw the trailer? Dude, where have you been? :lol

heh, i saw it days ago about when it got posted, but was too lazy to comment on it. showed it to a friend and will show it to another one soon.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Choppasmith said:
Meh, thanks, but it's too hard to make anything out in those vids, I'm amazed you can amass so many details from them.

Did you try watching at 480p resolution? That makes things a lot more bearable. (Also note that they're not all taken from the same length away from the screen, the later ones are a bit closer, if memory serves) After the res-upping and making it full screen, it's just like watching KoF on an old 13 inch screen TV! XD

I'm just going to build up my hype for some higher quality media, hopefully from when I get the game myself :D

Hope you've seen the Direct feed footage from SNKP's Youtube Channel too, then! ( http://www.youtube.com/user/snkplaymoreGame#g/u ) at 720p, those are just a small step in quality, image and framerate wise, than what you can expect the game to look like if it ran on your computer.

Frankfurt

Banned
A while ago Mad Max, the Ignition mod said Nona wasn't working at SNK anymore.

Now, looking at K's frames and Kula's... everything, i'm starting to believe him.

Maybe he isn't the art director in XIII? Work in Mai, King, Hwa, Yuri, Takuma, Vice all had been started back in XII, after all. Even the forest background was done back then.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Frankfurt said:

Now, looking at K's frames and Kula's... everything, i'm starting to believe him.

Maybe he isn't the art director in XIII? Work in Mai, King, Hwa, Yuri, Takuma, Vice all had been started back in XII, after all. Even the forest background was done back then.

Hmmm, Kula's coloration looks much better in game than on the site (which of course, could just be the low res vids playing tricks), and K'... what's wrong with him? Don't see anything with him that seems aganist the style and framerate of the rest of the game.

I've been impressed with how K' team looks in motion. Their effects are fitting for this game (huge and overdone), their colors seem to be pretty cool (when people actually USE them), and their animations have the proper personality; Kula's got her unique walks, K' somehow makes every move look jerky (as in... he has the personality of a jerk) yet effective, and I rather enjoy watching Maxima crush people into walls.

The biggest difference I could note is a shift of quality in their stances (Mai's amount of movement makes Kula look dead), but I figure this is more of a "Spend the time on the large amount of moves these charas have, not on their idles!" than a shift in art direction.

Frankfurt said:

If THAT'S true (and I was worried that may be the case considering Japan's "Window Seat" concept and KoFXII being a flop) Who's doing the artwork for the Intro cutscenes, because that looks like Nona to me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
kula-stance.gif
VS!
kula-kof13-stance.gif

In games like XI (with lots of characters in system memory at the same time) generally animations are cut, to make multiple characters fit without load times.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
kula-stance.gif
VS!
kula-kof13-stance.gif

In games like XI (with lots of characters in system memory at the same time) generally animations are cut, to make multiple characters fit without load times.

I think they only cut like 2 or 3 frames of animation, I don't really see it the ram been the cause of SNKP deciding on her hands to stop moving.

hteng

Banned
no wonder i thought the new kula was lacking something. They should put back the moving fingers in the final built, i don't see how much more frame that would need to draw but i don't think it's alot?

Do we know 100% certain that her stance is the same one seen in game, maybe there's a couple frames where she moves her fingers and that site rip just didn't use them? Maybe she's incomplete? She doesn't have her "ice aura" either.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Choppasmith said:
Do we know 100% certain that her stance is the same one seen in game, maybe there's a couple frames where she moves her fingers and that site rip just didn't use them? Maybe she's incomplete? She doesn't have her "ice aura" either.

Her XIII stance is base on her KOF XI ver, she didn't move her fingers in that version either. I got my mind blown when I look at it after reading it. :lol

But this isn't new, I didn't notice such thing because you rarely see Kula in her standing pose in any game when you play, so its not a big problem.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Choppasmith said:

The Ice Aura she has now is a particle effect, added seperate from the sprite. Hence, you won't see it on a sprite, because it's not a part of it.

She could be incomplete, but most likely, they'd try not to put an "in progress" sprite on the site, they'd just save her till she was finished.

Wish I could tell if her leg shading in-game looked better than on-site, but hard to tell from non-direct feed videos.

Her forward and back walk, dash-skating, and overall animation look pretty solid though. If anyone at the Loke's complained "Kula looks LIFELESS!!" Maybe they'll listen, and add a few frames ^_^ It's at least nice to see that she drops her arms to her side when returning to neutral from a move.

Notice the K' is weird too, in game. Sometimes, when he recovers, he goes into his "Laid back" stance, but at other times, he recovers to his "Ready to fight" stance.

Anywho, it's interesting to see how FEW neomax's we saw actually used this Loke, and especially how few we actually got to see land. You'd think in a test where the requirements for NM where lowered (didn't have to go into HD mode to use in this test), you'd think they'd be doing it all the time.

Really hope they add more "special defeats" to this game, beyond Yuri's fragile Gi. Would like to see Terry's hat fall off, Mai lose her fan, Kula's hair revert to normal, Maxima's gauntlets short out, K lose his glasses... could be a heck of a lot of things to do, but some of them could be rather minor.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Well KING is also into the shit got rip and let me show you my bra fashion. :lol

Someone from the ignition forums posted this:

kingxiiitits.png

I tried to find the original source, but I couldn't find it. So we have to deal with all those unnecessary words... which makes the pic look funny in a way.

Anyways, yeah, lets hope they do more stuff like the ones you mention.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Choppasmith said:
I wonder if the person who made that actually knows about AoF since they're blaming Nona :lol

For what I read, they do, they are just making fun of this "fanservice" SNKP is pulling out again. :lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Bah, why couldn't we see the video that king pic went with! Looks like it'd be a good video quality that's pretty close to the screen. But instead someone decided to protest how "sick" the artist are by covering a screenshot with semi-slang and profanity!:lol YEAH, THAT'LL SHOW EM! -_-;

Have to say I'm glad SNKP is keeping the kinda sports bra look. It'd be much more "pervy" if they went for some kinda lacey number, or some kinky'r stuff.

At least hope Terry's hat comes back to earth after his victory now, rather than floating off into space, like a rocket, and destroying Rugal's back up Luna Noa attack carrier...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, the blog update / vids on the Psycho Soldiers Team should be coming to us early this morning, with videos posted on SNKP's official Youtube account.

To make sure this thread isn't forgotten when that happens, I figured it was time to link a few vids that were upped to Youtube recently.

ReXXX vid 87: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l3CMbtIzn0
Taipei 5/3 Loke (Uploaded 5/26): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBK_nc4688M

Play is not as good as PenPen's vids, but at least we get to see some different character use, and an EX or 2 we don't see much of.

I'm rather interested in seeing if they made any improvements to Psycho Soldiers NeoMax's, or what their EX's of note will be. Maybe we'll even find out what Chin's drinking does! 98 UM and XII Chin are among my fav's in those games, and XIII's seems like a buffed up mix of the 2!

So until then... Stay Thirsty, my friends! (-_-;) :lol
(Or "Don't Think... FEE- oh, you know where this is going.)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Athena showing off her Reflector, did they mod the animation? Looks even more waterlike, plus her fireball now has nice little DNA-like trails behind it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEYyBs3GDpw
(Staring Tizoc Cameo!)

Athena's Neomax:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L74ieb2Q4VU
(Chris, B. Jenet, and Yamazaki: Wanted poster!)

Sie Kensou's 99 hits of MAX CANCEL pain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n0CE8rEBxY

Chin, proving his fire breath NM shoots in multiple directions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jsx2ncy_Hw

yamazakiwanted.jpg

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Man, I always felt indifferent with Kensou gameplay and design, but his KOF12 and 13 versions look hell a lot of fun to play. Well I enjoyed him in KOF12 a lot, I bet I will do the same in 13. :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Training mode for arcades!
(I think that SFIV Arcade also has it)

I totally dig the new labels with HD Cancel and Max Cancel.
Also they updated the combo counter, the number gets bigger with each hit.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah, Arcade training sounds fun, haha. A great way to practice up without getting beat up immediately.

To keep this forum up to speed, Character pages on official site have had neomax's updated, Blog is updated with the discussion on team Crazy Soldiers, and Ice-Kun on Cyberfanatix provides us with translations of team K' Neomax names.. with personal commentary:

•K' - Hyper Chain Drive (Awww, this isn't Crimson Star Road!)
•Kula Diamond - Neo Freeze Execution (...Freeze Ex: HAI HAI -clap clap- edition?)
•Maxima - Maxima Laser (Read about it. Maxima PROTON KANNUN! is ok with me!)

System Update Translation provided by Syo of MMCafe: 2 ways to do Neomax! (Hyper Gauge at 100% + 3 Super Gauges or Hyper Mode activated + 3 Super Guages)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
patrickthehedgehog said:
Wow, I just noticed the really cool lighting effect from the background on the sprites!

It is a very cool effect! And as of the last loketest, they added that effect to the Egypt stage as well, but in that stage, instead of a red glow, it's blue-ish, coinciding with the blue flames there. (Can't tell if the glow changes when the flames go red...)

Update: 1st part of Todays blog, note-translated:

Quick translation notes:
- Athena regained teleport and command throw. Teleport can be used in combos now e.g. DP .P drive cancel qcf .K drive cancel DP .P or mid-air QCB .K drive cancel qcf .K drive cancel DP .P
- Psychic Reflector QCB .K is a striking attack as well as a projectile reflector, and even works on DM projectiles.
- She can do different types of combos in the middle of the screen and is generally more flexible to play as - particularly her DP .P and fwd .B make this possible
- Apparently her mid-air Shining Crystal Bit HCB HCB .P has a different startup animation.
- EX Psycho Ball is slower but does multiple hits. You can follow up if it hits on an opponent in mid-air. Practically you can do something like DP .P (1 hit) DC QCB .A .C , continue.
- EX Phoenix Arrow just makes it easier to follow up with a combo after it hits.
- EX Psychic Sword has fast startup and invincibility, so it's good as a defensive move
- EX SCB sucks the opponent in for multiple hits. Good for a 'turnaround' move.
- There are different enders to her NeoMAX DM - no other details given

- Yamaguchi jokes about wanting to make Athena go on a diet (lol)
- Kensou regained Chokyuudan QCB .P , his fireball and Ryuusougeki (mid-air QCB .P ), as well as a fake backstep (similar to the short backstep in KOFXII)
- Apparently his nikuman appears somewhere in one of his moves

Will translate the rest when I'm not running late for work.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
patrickthehedgehog said:
Wow, I just noticed the really cool lighting effect from the background on the sprites!
Ive been talking about for a while.
Pretty awesome.

tzare

aghhhhhhhhh i can't see anything KOF related, i'm so hyped. C'mon release it SNK. What about online code betatesting for console owners¿? :D

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
tzare said:
aghhhhhhhhh i can't see anything KOF related, i'm so hyped. C'mon release it SNK. What about online code betatesting for console owners¿? :D

If SNKP released an open, worldwide demo/netcode beta test on Xbox 360 and PS3, I would absolutely love them.

Even if it just ended up being Kyo VS Kyo with 2 colors to pick from ^_^ Though I'd suggest 3 characters max, and the ability for each chara to be played by a unique person in lobby. That'd be a worthwhile stress test!

And what can I say... I was bored, and I wanna make some KoF themed Perler art, so... VOILA!

KofMM01.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
SAB CA said:
If SNKP released an open, worldwide demo/netcode beta test on Xbox 360 and PS3, I would absolutely love them.

Even if it just ended up being Kyo VS Kyo with 2 colors to pick from ^_^ Though I'd suggest 3 characters max, and the ability for each chara to be played by a unique person in lobby. That'd be a worthwhile stress test!

And what can I say... I was bored, and I wanna make some KoF themed Perler art, so... VOILA!

http://sabworks.com/mboard/KofMM01.png

Sweeeeet. Is it okay if I use Mai as my avatar?

Fersis

shidoshi said:
NOOOOOOOO! Don't even consider that! Change her face if you want, but body-wise, pocchari Athena is awesome.
What does that means?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fersis said:
What does that means?

pocchari' = fatty (in good meaning, against too thin), prettily plump figure

&#12413;&#12387;&#12385;&#12419;&#12426;(pocchari)= plump
a plump woman=&#12413;&#12387;&#12385;&#12419;&#12426;&#12375;&#12383;&#22899;&#24615;(pocchari shita josei)

Oh internet, how helpful you are!

Fersis

New loketests:

May 28-30
Chiba (Game Chariot in Goi)

May 29-30
Aichi (M’s in Toyota)
Niigata (Puchi Media)

Source: Cyberfanatix

Top Bottom