• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Choppasmith said:
Well hmmm, I'm always thinking how mismanaged SNK has been in the last couple of years. Let's hope this new guy can lead them in the right direction.

They have done some stupid things over the years.
In fact i got say making there DD games exclusive to 1 system was stupid.
Along with what happen to console version of KOF 12.

Frankfurt said:
It's not like the president is at fault for everything that happens in his company. Producers, directors and game designers are the ones to blame. You may blame the president for outdated views and the like, which may influence the choices, but in the end he's not the one making the games.

Still, a new president should shake up things a bit (HD loli dating sims, hoooooo).

p_keyvisual.jpg

ss_3.jpg
ss_2.jpg
is the last one a minesweeper clone?

vulva

I had some bizarre dream last night that I found an arcade cabinet for kof13 in some bar that only sold cantaloupe based cakes. It had 2 concave buttons that were significantly bigger than two bottom sanwa buttons. Also the only way to move the stick was with the palm of your hand.

I ended up spending 30 dollars in that dream playing the game, and never once pulled off a fireball.

gundamkyoukai said:
They have done some stupid things over the years.
In fact i got say making there DD games exclusive to 1 system was stupid.
Along with what happen to console version of KOF 12.

I seem to recall Sony having a hand in the lack of SNK titles on Playstation Network. In addition to a lot of the other awesome classic arcade titles Sony doesn't deem worthy of a place on the PSN.

Can't blame SNK for Sony's stupid.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Youku (Chinese) links for the SBO Finals:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA3NDk0OTY4.html
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA3NDk2NDMy.html
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA3NDcxMzc2.html

Provided by Fiol on Dreamcancel.
(It'll take ages to download, but at least you can see it!)

--

I always find it funny people blame SNKP for the Digital Distribution stuff. With their PSP and PS2 releases, I really think this is one of the (rare) times where they're really trying to do as much as they can for their titles. Why do people give PSN so much credit, when Sony has proven to make odd decisions, and make games harder to spread to the world (such as Outrun coming out on Euro PSN, but not US, or Dark Awake being Japan only)?

Anyway, after 2k2 releases, I think we'll finally be at the end of everything SNKP has announced for releases. I wonder how long it'll take us to hear what they're up to afterwards?

There is that story via Siliconera about them possibly publishing a Doujin/Arcade shooter, Trouble Witches Neo... I think it'd be cool if they started to bring such games to consoles. I hope it's a glimmer of things to come, but it could just be a rating board snafu.. we'll just have to wait and see!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MadMan Cafe Professor said:
Rumor says that SNKP may be planning a free update for XIII; however, take this with a huge grain of salt until an official annoucenment is actually made.

Awesome if true, maybe fubarduck can tell us something about it ? ;)

_dementia said:
SNK' presents K'OF XIII, amirite?
:lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
But K'OF doesn't have any mention of RAIDEN!!

-ahem- Anywho: SNKPlaymore Official XBLA Facebook page

That's... err... som kinda Non-Japan-centric promotion! There's also some decent full body shots of the Skystage Artwork, Metal Xlugg XX, and at least Ai and Yuki of NGBC. Also some vids showing off the Skystage character moves, and profile info.

They just started this up in September... wonder if they're laying some kinda foundational channels to help promote XIII & 2k2um?

Frankfurt

Banned
K' isn't broken at all, the reason he's in every team is he's a really good (and easy to play) battery character, which is why he's always the first on each team.

DR2K

Banned
Frankfurt said:
K' isn't broken at all, the reason he's in every team is he's a really good (and easy to play) battery character, which is why he's always the first on each team.

Sure that's all what we use to say about Sagat in vanilla.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A bunch of vids from SBO... the few I've watched are better than the finals! Some interesting character variety and intense battles await! Early joys for me include a good Ralf, and I hear there's a solid Kim in here, too...

(Thanks to KrazyKone on DreamCancel for the heads up!)

First 8:
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 野試合 Part1
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 野試合 Part2
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 野試合 Part3
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 野試合 Part4
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 野試合 Part5
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 野試合 Part6
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 野試合 Part7
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 野試合 Part8

Second Set:
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part1
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part2
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part3
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part4
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part5
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part6
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part7
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part8
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part9
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part10
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part11
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part12
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part13
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part14
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part15
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part16
YouTube - 2010 0904 闘劇 Tougeki SBO 台南迪諾國賓 KOF KOF XIII 決賽 Part17

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
Hey Fersis. I picked up a JPS2 a while ago and was thinking about importing KOF '02 Tougeki version. Does it meet your seal of approval?
Tougeki version is 02UM with some balance changes and bug fixes.
Go for it, easily one of the best and more balanced KOFs, alongside KOF98UM.

My personal favorite still are 97 and XI.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DR2K said:
Sure that's all what we use to say about Sagat in vanilla.

Or Krauser in UM, though he could be used anywhere.

Simply put, SNK needs to fix the balance- this level of balance isn't good enough these days, especially if you're not Capcom.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Fersis said:
Tougeki version is 02UM with some balance changes and bug fixes.
Go for it, easily one of the best and more balanced KOFs, alongside KOF98UM.

My personal favorite still are 97 and XI.

I like 98UM more than 02UM for no other reason than that it lets you use the original 2D backgrounds. Bleh 02. I'd say my favorite is also XI, <3 tag.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fersis said:
High level play.. the catch? Raiden,K' and Mature are banned.

AWESOME ENSUES

Source: www.Dreamcancel.com

Unfortunately banning isn't a long term solution, especially in the US scene, and especially with a fanboy favorite like K'.

Hopefully they make the patch effective- SNK's history on patching games is pretty good though.

TreIII

arstal said:
Unfortunately banning isn't a long term solution, especially in the US scene, and especially with a fanboy favorite like K'.

Hopefully they make the patch effective- SNK's history on patching games is pretty good though.

Indeed. Honestly, though, I'm surprised they didn't like they did some of their last few releases, where they released a console version that WAS the fixed version, and then re-port that back to the arcades. :lol

Ah well, if it's for the good of KOF, then I can wait a little while longer for a console port. But by this time next year, the likes of KOFXIII and Gundam Extreme Vs. definitely need to be in PS3's permanent line-up. :D

Fersis

The King Of Fighters XIII Patch 1.1 has been released today! (Its an HDD replacement)

MadMan Cafe Professor said:
According to some early reports, the bugs and infinites have been taken out (say goodbye to the massive Mature population). The roll HD has reportedly been taken out. Players are saying that there doesn't seem to be any balance changes?

Maybe we will see a blog post about it.

* Paging Fubarduck *

Fersis

JKTrix said:
I didn't know K' was a fanboy favourite, in fact I always got the impression that people didn't like him at all.
Same here :S

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I had often heard that K' was disliked in Japan, before 2k2UM. Japan just flocks to the powerful/who they like to play in the end, I suppose...

Anywho, interested in the spricifics of how this patch works. Is there more pushback on Joe and Mature when doing old infinate-starting moves? Do characters just enter a non-juggle state after a few hits of certain moves? Waiting to see the fixes in action.

Anywho, should be noted that SNKHK added combos for Maxima, Kula, and K' to their youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTpwCLYiuj8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPqSYWncWw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_N9kgUjlNA

Also, Kain317 added Arcade Infinity matches, as well as some combo vids for Shen and Chin:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kane317#g/u

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
JKTrix said:
I didn't know K' was a fanboy favourite, in fact I always got the impression that people didn't like him at all.

Maybe it's the KOF fans I talk to, but they fanboy/fangirl over K', Kula (which I don't get) and Rock plenty.

No balance fixes? Kinda surprised they didn't nerf K' slightly, or buff up some bottom tiers.

Fersis

arstal said:
Maybe it's the KOF fans I talk to, but they fanboy/fangirl over K', Kula (which I don't get) and Rock plenty.

No balance fixes? Kinda surprised they didn't nerf K' slightly, or buff up some bottom tiers.
Yup, only bug fixes.
=/
Mad Man Professor said:
-Hwa Jai's outofscreen bug, Vice's throw glitch, and Ralf's NeoMax bugs are fixed. Throw escape bug for Mai is apparently still present.
-Infinites (Mature, Joe) are gone. However, infinites limited to character pairing (Kim vs Takuma, Iori vs Mai) are reportedly still present.
-Meterless EX for Goro and Takuma are fixed.
-Raiden's eats damage when his anti-air throw trades hits.
-Roll HD is gone.
-No character balance changes, meaning Raiden still has his drop kicks and the GCDK is present, K' still has his same Jump D, etcetc.

So basically, it just means that in terms of general gameplay, people will be dropping Mature and continue to use a teamup of K' & Raiden & (Liz-Kula-Kyo-whatever). For the hasstle of an HDD replacement, that's a bit of a pity.

EDIT: Looks like they fixed the SBO banned bugs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Still no console version announced?

:(

(Also, my virus scanner just picked up a virus from one of the images on this page (HTML/PicFrame.Gen). Just thought I'd say something. Likely a false positive though.)

RedAssedApe

Banned
Seraphis Cain said:
Still no console version announced?

:(

(Also, my virus scanner just picked up a virus from one of the images on this page (HTML/PicFrame.Gen). Just thought I'd say something. Likely a false positive though.)

I've seen this as well. Don't remember if it was this particular thread though. My AV detected it as Mal/Iframe-A.

Finaika

Seraphis Cain said:
Yes I keep getting a virus alarm too. I think its the Chang gif at the top of the page.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Bleh, hate seeing threads bumped without anything worth watching... so here!

New Vid: 23 minutes on Version 1.1: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12386619
Non-Nico useres use this link to view: http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html

----

Some of the most enjoyable KCE vids I've seen... but that's because they have a nice variety of characters...

The King Of Fighters XIII - KCE&#20844;&#38283;&#21205;&#30011;&#12288;&#12381;&#12398;&#65297;&#65305;&#65301;
The King Of Fighters XIII - KCE&#20844;&#38283;&#21205;&#30011;&#12288;&#12381;&#12398;&#65297;&#65305;&#65302;
The King Of Fighters XIII - KCE&#20844;&#38283;&#21205;&#30011;&#12288;&#12381;&#12398;&#65297;&#65305;&#65303;

----

Before the arcade came out, many said "I hope SNKP lets the game stay in arcades a while, to build operator trust!" and now, with the game out... "Where is that home release?!?! HURRY IT UP, SNKP!" :lol

It'd be great if they hyped the home release like the arcade one... daily tech ref vids and weekly blog and website dedication. That'd be worth the wait.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Awesome. I'll have to take a good look at the 1.1 changes when I have more time. I'm praying Raiden's dropkick got nerfed. :lol If it means a far more balanced and tuned game in the end I'm happy waiting for the home port.

We need more guys doing HD streams like arcade infinity. I have a hard time watching these Japanese recordings because they're all so dark and muddy. With AI's videos I put 'em on 720p fullscreen, sit back and imagine I'm actually playing. :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Funny thing about those vids is that noone is using Raiden :lol No attempts at Joe or Matures Infinites, the other minor bugs I don't see anyone attempting. No Betty either... I think Leona became the new Betty for these vids.

I am suprised abroad seems to be ok with non-HD... but I guess that's what happens when the game has multipe machines right around the corner from where you live... -_-;

I love listening to all the detail in the sound effects, and getting to see crisp sprites in the AI vids as well... + victory quotes I can actually read. AI's planning to have a tourney on the 23rd of October, too, so maybe they'll get the direct feed back up then.

Fersis

By the way, Arcade UFO (Owned by our own fubarduck) already has patched KOFXIII to 1.1

You lucky US bastards!! >8(

Fersis

This so called 'Oni-Con' is in a couple of days... mmhhmhmhm i wonder if SNKP is going to announce it there.

Anyway... GET MOTHER EFFIN HYPE!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Shadow780 said:
They really can't drop the ball this time. The game must be feature packed WITH WORKING ONLINE!

They're claiming it's now with working online. Of course, working under Tokyo to Osaka is difference then working CONUS to CONUS, which is the real standard.

CONUS= continental US. France to Poland would be the Euro equivalents.

Top Bottom