• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

keep in mind the game lets you "cheat" in that you can put whatever moves possible between the attacks and still get completion for the trial.

I remember one of the trials for Terry being like D, df+C, super

but since the cancel was hard for me, I did D, df+C, A burn knuckle, super and I got completion

RETS GO! I got it done, thanks for the tip. I actually switched to pad and found that Im having alot more success now. I was even able to do Terry's trial 3 again without burn knuckle. Looks like I'll be sticking with pad for a bit for kofxiii.

Solemn Nomad

Neo Member
Fucking UPS lost my copy of KOFXIII. Amazon is sending me another copy but if I don't get that soundtrack I'm going to be fucking pissed. I ordered that shit the day it was announced.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Fucking UPS lost my copy of KOFXIII. Amazon is sending me another copy but if I don't get that soundtrack I'm going to be fucking pissed. I ordered that shit the day it was announced.

Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy ..So you're actually lucky !!

Just noticed how Saiki's far D is the perfect setup for a cross-up attempt (super jump D) when you whiff it right after landing a throw. Also he doesn't need meter as long as he's got full drive to deal like 50 to 60% off a corner combo. I was originally looking for a point character so I was logically led to a fireball character, but this one can really fit anywhere.

tl;dr that's it, I'm maining that bastard for good.

Hmmm.... I see some full animation there that I've yet to see in the game. I wonder where it's from?

Have you checked the gallery?

Don't worry, looks like all first print copies have the soundtrack included.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'll be picking this up in a week. Im curious though can anyone tell me what the consensus is on joe, ryo, takuma and ralf.

Shadow780

Takuma is seriously good. Joe is excellent as well.

I don't know about Ralf yet since he's pure striker character now, and Ryo (DAT abortion punch) is unchanged style-wise I think.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Cool. I cant wait to pick this up. Damn bills.

*edit*

I know joe is pretty hard to punish and takuma hits pretty hard. Not quite sure
how i want to team them all up seeings as i know dick about the matchups.

So annoying that this is not getting a PC port for GFWL/Steam considering it was developed on Taito Type X-2. Some hackers even unofficially ported the arcade version over. But I know it's a small company, etc.

Tizoc

Hrm, I'm not quite sure what you mean. fwd+C/D is a input for throws.

Yeah but sometimes I press C/D and quickly press Fwd/Back after pressing them but the game registers it as a throw. Could just be me mistiming my inputs though, ugh.

keep in mind the game lets you "cheat" in that you can put whatever moves possible between the attacks and still get completion for the trial.

I remember one of the trials for Terry being like D, df+C, super

but since the cancel was hard for me, I did D, df+C, A burn knuckle, super and I got completion

Dunno if I'd call it cheating, since the same is possible SFEX's trial mode on the PSX. If anything the game just wants you to do what is shown on top of the screen regardless of what you want to add in-between.

The timing for the combos are stupid strict and I love it. Elizabeth's combos fuck around due to her having qcfx2 supers. Cancelling the first frame of the upper into a qcf busts out the super every time. Gonna need the practice to get better.

Seriously, for everyone who dislikes the mechanics of AE and MvC3, they owe it to themselves to pick up this game.

Kimosabae

Banned
It is weird seeing people talk about switching from stick to pad.

Hey, pads aren't archaic and imprecise input devices that only managed to remain relevant for 15+ years because an enthusiast crowd played a stagnant genre and constructed a unique culture surrounding them.

*runs away*

Tizoc

Seriously, for everyone who dislikes the mechanics of AE and MvC3, they owe it to themselves to pick up this game.

Ugh, tell me about the damage scaling in SF4 is very depressing to me =_=

What are some good long combos possible OUTSIDE the corner? I can only do 400+ point ones at the corner.

Aaron

I'll be picking this up in a week. Im curious though can anyone tell me what the consensus is on joe, ryo, takuma and ralf.
Joe is a beast from the little I've played so far. He really benefits from the new systems and he's crazy fast. Ryo and Ralf are about what you expect from them, honestly. They're solid, but not anything surprising.

alstein

Leona is so goooood

too bad the netcode is what will end this game, and possibly the franchise.

I think the game is good enough, and did well in arcades enough, that SNK will get to continue. The netcode is bad but only SCIV bad, not KOFXII bad.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You know whats stupid? Me.
I still dont have my KOFXIII. Sold out here in Argentina.

Hopefully this week >__<

Shinriji

I think the game is good enough, and did well in arcades enough, that SNK will get to continue. The netcode is bad but only SCIV bad, not KOFXII bad.

The sad thing is that I played several KOF96 matches this weekend virtually lag free. Well, there is always KOF 14.

The timing for the combos are stupid strict and I love it. Elizabeth's combos fuck around due to her having qcfx2 supers. Cancelling the first frame of the upper into a qcf busts out the super every time. Gonna need the practice to get better.

Yep her combos are a pain in the ass because of that which is why i try to input qcf during the dp motion .
It seems to be working about 75% of the time but i need more practice .
Man i really love this game have been playing non stop with friends since i got it .

To bad the online not that good , for my female team on Athena plays okay since i zone with her .
With Yuri and Betty lag make it impossible to do certain play and combos .
When i notice to much lag i play Clark .

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The sad thing is that I played several KOF96 matches this weekend virtually lag free. Well, there is always KOF 14.

Have you played XIII against other fellow Brazileros or Argentinos?

Mikhal

Having a blast with this game. I'm running Mature/Athena/Andy right now. Should I switch my team order up or is it fine the way it is? I'm still doing basic drive cancels and no HD combos right now so it's hard for me to tell. My execution is horrible! :(

Also, don't forget about the GAF KOFXIII Friends of Friends list for XBOX Live! I added the few people that were on the spreadsheet so far. Everyone appears to be going PS3 for this game, though.

Fersis

Going to port forward my ps3. One of the dreamcancel dudes told me it'll greatly improve my online experience
If youre under NAT3 you should port forward dat PS3

So im looking to finally get a stick, the importers sell the Madcatz TE stick at double the price. -__-
Time to get a credit card i think.

Dachande

So annoying that this is not getting a PC port for GFWL/Steam considering it was developed on Taito Type X-2. Some hackers even unofficially ported the arcade version over. But I know it's a small company, etc.

Compatability is a very time-consuming and costly issue, so I can understand why. That hacked arcade version didn't work well on various machines in different ways because it wasn't running on the hardware it was expecting.

Masamuna

Really loving this game. I'll be looking at Ash/Saiki later on once I understand the system better but for now i'm just going to concentrate on team elizabeth.

Shen feels like SF makoto but better and 100% unadulterated manliness. Duo Lon's bnb into meaty fireball is pure sex and elizabeth is amazing as well. Now I gotta decide who to use as battery and anchor. Any suggestions?

BadWolf

Really loving this game. I'll be looking at Ash/Saiki later on once I understand the system better but for now i'm just going to concentrate on team elizabeth.

Shen feels like SF makoto but better and 100% unadulterated manliness. Duo Lon's bnb into meaty fireball is pure sex and elizabeth is amazing as well. Now I gotta decide who to use as battery and anchor. Any suggestions?

Going by what I've seen in countless arcade matches; Duo Lon first, then Elizabeth and Shen last.

Going by what I've seen in countless arcade matches; Duo Lon first, then Elizabeth and Shen last.

Arcade matches not bad to look at but you got to remember about the nerfs .
For eg Betty used build bar really fast for Shen that not really the case anymore plus her bnb super combo got nerf hard .

Having a blast with this game. I'm running Mature/Athena/Andy right now. Should I switch my team order up or is it fine the way it is? I'm still doing basic drive cancels and no HD combos right now so it's hard for me to tell. My execution is horrible! :(

Also, don't forget about the GAF KOFXIII Friends of Friends list for XBOX Live! I added the few people that were on the spreadsheet so far. Everyone appears to be going PS3 for this game, though.

Well everyone has a certain team order but sometimes depending on the chars you fight VS you have to mix things up .

LowParry

Damn, I don't feel like I have enough time to learn this game :(
I wouldn't mind making it my main focus, but nobody I know plays it.

If only I could convince my MMO friends to play fighting games. Hell, we used to play them so much back in the PS1 days. Now they just don't give a crap anymore. Mehhhhh. I love this game so much but having no one to really play it locally sucks. Better up that netcode SNK, it's all I got. Makes me consider buying fighters at all anymore at this rate. Ouch. That hurts to think about.

Wonko_C

Mexicans love KoF (seriously, it's a very popular franchise in Mexico).

Frigging Mexican KoF scene (keep the pitchforks, I'm mexican), it feels like I'm from another planet because everyone in my local spot (and I bet all of Mexico) always use this crazy ass button configuration they've using for EONS since KOF 94 in the arcades:

A B C
D

And they're always treating me like a 2nd rate citizen because I use the default Xbox config (I was more into Capcom fighters at the time) even when I keep telling them the arcade version of KOF XIII has 2 different button configurations and none of them is like that weird shit they all use. Blame the arcade machine owners for not using standard Neo-Geo cabinets and instead re-purposing generic 6-button cabs.

Screw it, I'll print images from the true button configurations and shove them into their faces until they throw away their 15-year old established conventions and...

yeah that will teach 'em.

Skilletor

Damn, I don't feel like I have enough time to learn this game :(
I wouldn't mind making it my main focus, but nobody I know plays it.

Went to play games with a friend yesterday. They had this and UMvC3 going...and I had no desire at all to play Marvel. This is game is amazing. Feels so good.

Went to play games with a friend yesterday. They had this and UMvC3 going...and I had no desire at all to play Marvel. This is game is amazing. Feels so good.

Yep , have not touch UMVC3 since i get this .
When you start playing the game feels so good it just has a flow that makes it feel almost perfect .

Yeah, I was burned on vanilla MvC3 and have no desire to play Ultimate.
My local group just plays SF4 and BB though, and no one else has KOF :(

Skilletor

Yep , have not touch UMVC3 since i get this .
When you start playing the game feels so good it just has a flow that makes it feel almost perfect .

Yeah. I'll still play UMvC3 because it's completely different experience. I love that game, super fun.

I won't be playing SF4 ever again, though. Every complaint I have ever had about the game is remedied with KoF13, save netcode. But there are enough people in my local scene to play with.

Yeah, I was burned on vanilla MvC3 and have no desire to play Ultimate.
My local group just plays SF4 and BB though, and no one else has KOF :(
Yo, aren't you in the East Coast, my dude? BTW, I'm going to be at NEC again this year(Haven't missed one, I think, lol)Going to join the KOF tourny. But of course, I'm going to run the VF5 side tourny this year.

Top Bottom