• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

am I the only one that cannot play online right now. I had the whole day off and could not get online to work for the life of me. I only managed to play one game the whole day. I am only having problems with tlou

pissed

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Is no one else on this forum playing on Japan time?

Still, impressed by the number of UK/EU players. Represent!
If there are some early risers among you guys, I can hopefully catch you during my weekend evenings (when you're still bleary-eyed and hungry).

My name is on the list (same as user name). Add me if you please :)

AlexBasch

Full party against 128's (?) with mics. Holy, bejeezus.

Also, damn armor players that get it so fast. Might need to use those boosters. :/

Once I see some of the regulars playing, I'll jump into the multiplayer. Until then, I think I'll start playing through the single player now. Streaming my survivor+ playthrough if anyone is interested.

TommyLove

Neo Member
YES! After my 4th attempt, I finally got my skull mask finishing it up with 99 survivors left. Thanks to whoever say that you can quit the game when my random team 4-0 :D

What timezone are you? Can't play now (in work) but would like to play with some gaffers sometime. I should warn you I'm pretty poor and need lots of tips though, just started playing.

Hawaiian Standard. No worries about skill level. I don't even have a mic, I've just been lucky that my team usually watches the stream which let's me use that as a tool for communication. I care so little for team skill as long as everyone put in effort and wasn't giving away free kills. By all means add me on Psn. :)

raindoc

What timezone are you? Can't play now (in work) but would like to play with some gaffers sometime. I should warn you I'm pretty poor and need lots of tips though, just started playing.

20% enough?
jk

Krappadizzle is located on a tiny rock in the pacific - if it suits you better, add me (SilverHawaiian), i live in europe (GMT+1). ;) (I'll be on later today, in about 8hrs)

Survivors is quickly getting all of the stealth and tension stripped away by gangs of four armoured guys running around and just overwhelming people.

Shame to see and hopefully once the newness of the game goes away we can get back to some quality matches.

Why should the other team let you sit back and craft at your supply boxes and stealth around the map and shiv them when they can just rush you and destroy you?

Rushing the other team in Survivors is not only the easiest way to win against a team less skilled than yours, it's also hilarious. At that point, you're not even competing against the other team, you're competing with your teammates for kills.

peetfeet

20% enough?
jk

Krappadizzle is located on a tiny rock in the pacific - if it suits you better, add me (SilverHawaiian), i live in europe (GMT+1). ;) (I'll be on later today, in about 8hrs)

Yeah be better for me (UK), tend to play early evenings these days. Will add you later.

Naar

It's been a very long time since I started playing a game online frequently and I am surprised it was this game! I've been playing this a few hours everyday since I beat it.

The funny thing is I got the game for the single player and honestly was a little let down by the single player and generally I don't care for multiplayer for a game that's focus in single player/story but WOW this game online is amazing and put's other tactical shooters to shame.

Anyone else feel this way?

Doomshine

I'm hopping on now.

PSN: Doomshine

I noticed someone added me yesterday, I'm sorry I left immediately after accepting you, but I really had to go.

EDIT: I'm in Europe btw.

TheZink

Add me if you please

PSN: TheZink South East US. Prefer to play with people who dont curse a lot. Just being honest.

maomaoIYP

Was just in a game with the worst fucking random ever. I was sneaking way past several enemy players to flank them from behind. This idiot on my team saw that I needed a little healing. So he sprints over to bandage me, exposing our position, getting us both killed.

Doomshine

Was just in a game with the worst fucking random ever. I was sneaking way past several enemy players to flank them from behind. This idiot on my team saw that I needed a little healing. So he sprints over to bandage me, exposing our position, getting us both killed.

A lot of people clearly don't know that you show up on the radar when you sprint.

maomaoIYP

A lot of people clearly don't know that you show up on the radar when you sprint.

Yeah that is so true. Especially right after the match begins and you see these people sprinting directly to the 2nd supply point which has 4 people already there waiting for an ambush.

Doomshine

Well shit, it has to be something wrong with my connection, I keep getting disconnected... of course this happens when I get nothing but great matches.

Yeah that is so true. Especially right after the match begins and you see these people sprinting directly to the 2nd supply point which has 4 people already there waiting for an ambush.

This is actually a viable strategy as on some maps (Checkpoint in particular) the supply box in the middle will almost always have a melee weapon inside of it. It's advantageous to reach this box before anyone else to grab the supplies while the area is uncontested.

If there's an ambush waiting for them when they get there, they weren't fast enough.
If they get there the same time as an enemy... at least they're on even ground.

Why did I play with randoms? Why did I even bother lol?

From now on, I'm only playing with fellas from here or on my friends list. I thought some randoms wouldn't be too bad but...I was wrong.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I just completed a 100% challenge and am now at week 12 day 3. I'm at 92 survivors, down from 114. What are the chances that the game is going to throw another 100% challenge at me, completely voiding my chances of getting the Skull Mask? I feel like I'm going to rage so hard if that happens...

Naar

I just completed a 100% challenge and am now at week 12 day 3. I'm at 92 survivors, down from 114. What are the chances that the game is going to throw another 100% challenge at me, completely voiding my chances of getting the Skull Mask? I feel like I'm going to rage so hard if that happens...

If you just finished the challenge then another shouldn't pop before the week finishes. From my experience the challenges pop every 3 days from finishing one

Triz

Totally defeats the purpose of my stealth class every time.

Didly

Banned
Official NeoGAF TLOU MP List is here.

I've saved a copy. Right now, anyone can edit it. We'll see how long it can stay in one cohesive piece.

If it get's deleted, I'm taking away global editing access and will simply add PSN tags when I see them here.

Also, I might start a thread just so we can get more people! So keep a look out.

---

PSN: tun3addict

Bumping. Trying to keep this relevant.

I've had some sick groups from it, hope you guys do too!

Bumping. Trying to keep this relevant.

I've had some sick groups from it, hope you guys do too!

Would it be worth adding a category to say what time you're normally on?

And maybe one to say whether you're available at that moment in time. My Freinds List is full so I'd have to keep deleting people to have the odd game :)

Plus it'd save me messaging people when they're trying to play SP :p

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
If you just finished the challenge then another shouldn't pop before the week finishes. From my experience the challenges pop every 3 days from finishing one
Guess what, I play one more game and BAM; 100% challenge.

F you, Naughty Dog. Now I either have to magically attract 16 survivors in three matches or start a new 12-week journey, hoping I don't get fucked over again, just to get the Skull Mask. Thanks Naughty Dog. Randomly punishing me for no reason is so much fun. You should have at least given me a shot at losing nothing at all if I do well enough, but I guess that wouldn't be 'fair'.

Didly

Banned
Would it be worth adding a category to say what time you're normally on?

The only issue I see with that is that, on the list, we have people from Germany, Australia, UK, France, USA, Netherlands, Japan, etc. And all these places subscribe to different timezones, so it would take a considerable amount of effort to get that information to everyone in a form that's translated to their individual timezone.

And maybe one to say whether you're available at that moment in time. My Freinds List is full so I'd have to keep deleting people to have the odd game :)

A column saying whether you are available at that moment in time is asking a bit much. People would have to edit the list every time they decide to play and every time they get off! For the people just wanting to play a few games, that's too much.

Does this make sense? I'm open to alternatives. It's a good idea but right now I don't think it's plausible.

I've been trying to get in contact with Malka to do just that for the NeoGAF community. It wouldn't be that hard using Javascript. Google Docs just won't cut it!

raindoc

fuck me, how/why did i miss that?

i don't think the OP is active in this thread anymore, maybe a mod could add that link to the original post?

The only issue I see with that is that, on the list, we have people from Germany, Australia, UK, France, USA, Netherlands, Japan, etc. And all these places subscribe to different timezones, so it would take a considerable amount of effort to get that information to everyone in a form that's translated to their individual timezone.

damn, if only we had something like a Coordinated Universal Time...

Grinchy

Banned
I finally tried this out online and it's quite awesome. I have only won one of my matches but for a new guy I'm doing decently well. I don't make the dumb mistakes I see higher level players making, that's for sure.

TommyLove

Neo Member
Guess what, I play one more game and BAM; 100% challenge.

F you, Naughty Dog. Now I either have to magically attract 16 survivors in three matches or start a new 12-week journey, hoping I don't get fucked over again, just to get the Skull Mask. Thanks Naughty Dog. Randomly punishing me for no reason is so much fun. You should have at least given me a shot at losing nothing at all if I do well enough, but I guess that wouldn't be 'fair'.
You need at least 130 survivors at all times since week 11, 4 days is 100% risk and so is week 12, 4 days. I know your pain though, it happened to me three times in a row and I missed the skull mask by a few survivors.

Top Bottom