• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

MrCow

need two people that can help me save my clan! i'm at risk of losing a 100% if i don't heal enough people

just send me a friend request :)

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on right now, add me if you want to play. On the last day of a 100% challenge and matchmaking is not being very kind to me.
PSN // TiemenMeijer

Vitanimus

Gonna retry the multiplayer if anyone from gaf is willing to tolerate me! My PSN is georgekupo in the UK! Hope everyone is having fun.

YoungHav

Banned
Just had my 1st disconnect b4 the match even began, lost 2/3 of my clan. What can ND do? They have it in place so that people don't quit for the purposes of retrying a day. It would throw off the purpose of the metagame if quitting werent punished but honest disconnects suffer as well.

zert

I hate playing with randoms. I want to be stealthy, I have covert 3 so enemies can't see me in listen mode when I'm crouching so I can get a chance to sneak behind them but every time I want to do this someone in my team just start running randomly to the exact spot where I am causing all enemies to focus on that area.

Rize_21

*Almaeda_Alba - DC_Alba - EU, France

I assist as much as I can with the health recovery and prioritize revival over kill/executions when the context is there.I don't mind playing with randoms,but it's pretty much impossible to eliminate a communicative team in this configuration,and I'd like to participate at some stressful matches.
I will add people on the list tomorrow. :)

zma1013

Welp, got dropped out of a multiplayer game last night before it even started, and I mean like before it started and it still counted towards my Week/Day thing and so because I didn't get any supplies during this magical 10 seconds black screen, 2 people died, 20 or so people were hungry, and around 15 people got sick. Before that I had not went under the supply needs. That sucks.

ShogunX

Survivors is quickly getting all of the stealth and tension stripped away by gangs of four armoured guys running around and just overwhelming people.

Shame to see and hopefully once the newness of the game goes away we can get back to some quality matches.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
We need two more gaffers in our party! Add me on PSN
I'm just about starting up (damn update first). Don't know your PSN so add me: JinjoNL

Have a mic, but sometimes I have issues with hearing other people.
+ that Kaoz guy.

Thanks, I hadn't played with others in a while, so it was refreshing to not have to go alone at everything. Good games. Survivor with a good team is so much more fun than Supply Raid; much more tense due to limited supplies and no respawns, and I managed to grow my clan back a bit after losing 20% of it. ;-)

What the hell? I was having an amazing start in the beginning of a match, 4 kills without being touched and kicking ass then outta nowhere it says I've been kicked from the game. I didn't lost anything and it didn't count as a day but I'm confused as in what triggered this? Anyone else run into this bullshit?

zma1013

Survivors is quickly getting all of the stealth and tension stripped away by gangs of four armoured guys running around and just overwhelming people.

Shame to see and hopefully once the newness of the game goes away we can get back to some quality matches.

I think all that's probably needed is to make armor more expensive and/or give it some drawback like making the people slower or reducing their stamina or whatever.

TommyLove

Neo Member
I found some boosters the other day. It was a party of two people and they gather all the loot boxes and hid in a corner and killed themselves with their bombs and revive each other and heal. Each of them takes turn looking out the window so they can heal and I notice both of them have a flamethrower, so people that tried to rush them will get burn. Does anyone know if you can hurt yourself with a flamethrower? I'm getting kinda desperate on trying this lol

zma1013

I found some boosters the other day. It was a party of two people and they gather all the loot boxes and hid in a corner and killed themselves with their bombs and revive each other and heal. Each of them takes turn looking out the window so they can heal and I notice both of them have a flamethrower, so people that tried to rush them will get burn. Does anyone know if you can hurt yourself with a flamethrower? I'm getting kinda desperate on trying this lol

Sounds like a pretty big oversight in the system to me. Needs patched for sure if true.

Jinjo

+ that Kaoz guy.

Thanks, I hadn't played with others in a while, so it was refreshing to not have to go alone at everything. Good games. Survivor with a good team is so much more fun than Supply Raid; much more tense due to limited supplies and no respawns, and I managed to grow my clan back a bit after losing 20% of it. ;-)

Definitely. Had some good fun tonight and the games were very good too. Aside from that one match with connection issues I had. Shoot me an invite whenever you guys wanna get a party on again.

TommyLove

Neo Member
Definitely. Had some good fun tonight and the games were very good too. Aside from that one match with connection issues I had. Shoot me an invite whenever you guys wanna get a party on again.
I finished the round that you ended up disconnecting. In the future, I'll have to pass on supply raids. I had 13 downs, 13 executions, 0 deaths and 1 revives (and I healed plenty of my teammates) and I only get 5696 parts :(

Samoon

Neo Member
Anyone else annoyed at the fact that even if > 50% vote for a single map, the game still has the countdown for voting? Seriously, it's just a waste of time, and if it was fixed it could make games start a little bit faster.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Anyone else annoyed at the fact that even if > 50% vote for a single map, the game still has the countdown for voting? Seriously, it's just a waste of time, and if it was fixed it could make games start a little bit faster.
It's even sadder when you realize this isn't the first ND game that does this...

Jinjo

I finished the round that you ended up disconnecting. In the future, I'll have to pass on supply raids. I had 13 downs, 13 executions, 0 deaths and 1 revives (and I healed plenty of my teammates) and I only get 5696 parts :(

Haha, sorry about that. Needed some more revolver downs for the challenge I had going on and supply raid definitely seems more suited for those kind of challenges. Guess it was all for nothing too. You seem pretty good btw, hopefully we can play some more games next time (already had been playing the entire evening). You need to teach me your ways if you think 5600 parts is a disappointment lol.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
You should get First Aid Training 2 and start healing the shit out of everything, you can get to 5000+ parts even while getting very few downs/executions.

Jarek23

Banned
I'm nearing the end of my run, week 11 day 5 and I've been trying to keep my survivors up to try to unlock the skull mask, but it's not looking like it'l happen. The game seems to be more and more unbalanced as time passes. Teams are dominating 4-1 in survival, without at least 6 rounds and beasting every round, there's no way to continuously keep 130 people alive.

TommyLove

Neo Member
You should get First Aid Training 2 and start healing the shit out of everything, you can get to 5000+ parts even while getting very few downs/executions.
I do use first aid training 2, but supply raids gives you so little supplies.
My best supply raid score: 5695
My best survivors score: 8080

destrudo

I do use first aid training 2, but supply raids gives you so little supplies.
My best supply raid score: 5695
My best survivors score: 8080

Do you get more points for doing things in Survivors, or is there just more opportunities? I actually haven't even tried that mode yet.

I'm in the top 500 right now and I'm getting addicted to growing the clan size and moving up the leaderboards. Although I'm sure that will end at some point soon because it looks like the top players are boosting. Otherwise I have no idea how they're getting 500+ people in their clans.

Raxus

Do you get more points for doing things in Survivors, or is there just more opportunities? I actually haven't even tried that mode yet.

I'm in the top 500 right now and I'm getting addicted to growing the clan size and moving up the leaderboards. Although I'm sure that will end at some point soon because it looks like the top players are boosting. Otherwise I have no idea how they're getting 500+ people in their clans.

1 people hack. Hence the ludicrous scores.

2 Survivor tends to have people work more as a team since every life counts. More chances for revives, heals, and you get boosted supplies.

Not to mention you can exploit the hell out of crafter 3 in that mode since it carries over between rounds.

Damn, damn, damn!

I just finished 15 mins or so ago, a two hour session (or more) with Killthee and a couple other random guys. It was INCREDIBLE! The mp excels when you have like minded individuals to work with. I've been having a bum time with the mp and putting myself out there, on here, was the best thing to do. I had so much fun!

There were generally great randoms with us too, and eventually one fella became a friend and a regular to our group. Us 3 were just moping guys left right and centre. We lost a couple games but the last we had before giving it a rest was...amazing!

It's a real testament to how team work makes you a better player too. We looked out for each all the time, and no one could really throw us. :)

Anyone else who is like minded, feel free to add me!

I really need to invest in a mic...

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I finally got into a real groove last night and got through 7 of my executions and a few revival missions and was really finally getting a handle on how you have to play if you want to dictate the battle... awareness and actual tactics (not boxing yourself in MOST importantly) are actually truly useful here. Catching someone with full armor unaware and taking them down when you are basically on the run/defensive is one of the best feelings evar.

Then I got kicked (can you vote people out? Or was it just my shitty... shiiiity connection??) and it fuckin ruined my survivor count. 6 people got sick. Almost killed all my momentum and confidence i had built up to that point.

So happy i decided to log back in and keep playing... silenced 9mm to the back of the head is very.... very cathartic.

SolidC213

I will be home in about an hour. I will add some peeps from here when I do. Anyone else that is going to be playing add me on PSN and we can get some games in. Name is VVarlos (that is two V's that make the VV). See you guys soon! :)

zert

Time for some MP, anyone out there? Im on the 2nd day of a challenge risking %100 of my clan. Need some special executions!

GamerSciz

Gaf Username - Gamersciz
PSN ID - Gamersciz
Timezone - US/Pacific
Mic/No Mic - Turtle beach headset
Additional notes (e.g. casual, play to win, only plays on Tuesdays, etc.) - i play to win, which is fun :)

Edit: Also, I recently made Gamersciz, my original PSN was LilSciz with all my trophies and whatnot but Gamersciz is what I will be using from here forth. Feel free to add me on PSN!

zert

we have one free spot, if anyone wants to join tell me and after finishing the round I'll add you

edit: fuuu my ps3 crashed, sorryy

L3E2

Is there anyone that wants to get some games in right now?
Fiending to play online but I don't wanna play with randoms who don't use teamwork.

Top Bottom