• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

I know Cole brought it up a few days back that he had interest in doing some private matches but nothing came out of it... Anyone interested in doing it sometime this weekend? Saturday 1PM PDT, meetup in the chat room and go from there?

IbKhEt4.png

I'm up for that :)

lol no. It just happened to me :( thankfully I got level 1 mark the first match because my 2nd and 3rd match had teams of covert ops 3 :( I would have gotten 100% wipe too!

Wow, that sucks. Naughty Dog should really patch that in, as that cannot be avoided or predicted by the player

@Technoweirdo, I'd love to plan with someone to have them crawl over a bomb if you don;t have time to Revive them, and see the enemy go for the Special Execution only to get blown to smithereens :D

Zen

Banned
This game's MP, more so than any other MP game I have played, seems to have a huge number of completely clueless players. I'm not saying I'm amazing or anything myself, but some of the things people do just blow my mind. My absolute favorite is watching a team mate sprint straight at the enemy by themselves and getting massacred again and again. I've actually had a team mate with 15 deaths in one match. How is that even possible?

I was playing a match and there was some moron by the name of Jerryman005. One of those guys who thinks he's good and has a mic. Basically he kept yelling at us to always stay with him crouched and move at a snails pace through checkpoint so the other team could flank us at all times. When I was the last survivor he was yelling at me not to sprint because 'they can see you on the map at all times moron', completely clueless as to how sprinting can be a great luring tool, I killed one guy who came after me and almost did a quick 180 turn to insta kill the guy coming behind me. He didn't have the best K/D ratio and seemed to only do ok in the actual encounters but his constant yelling brow beat our team into a losing strategy.

Basically there are players of all skill levels and frankly I've seen it more than a few times that there are people who also think they know the way you're suppose to play, and are frankly just as wrong and ignorant as the people you're describing.

I was playing a match and there was some moron by the name of Jerryman005. One of those guys who thinks he's good and has a mic. Basically he kept yelling at us to always stay with him crouched and move at a snails pace through checkpoint so the other team could flank us at all times. When I was the last survivor he was yelling at me not to sprint because 'they can see you on the map at all times moron', completely clueless as to how sprinting can be a great luring tool, I killed one guy who came after me and almost did a quick 180 turn to insta kill the guy coming behind me. He didn't have the best K/D ratio and seemed to only do ok in the actual encounters but his constant yelling brow beat our team into a losing strategy.

Basically there are players of all skill levels and frankly I've seen it more than a few times that there are people who also think they know the way you're suppose to play, and are frankly just as wrong and ignorant as the people you're describing.

LOL.

Spayro

So I just bought the game and the code for the multiplayer straight up doesn't work. I guess it's because I'm on a US account and the game is EU?
Would redeeming the code on a EU account allow me to play on the US one or am I pretty much screwed?

baekshi

Banned
So I just bought the game and the code for the multiplayer straight up doesn't work. I guess it's because I'm on a US account and the game is EU?
Would redeeming the code on a EU account allow me to play on the US one or am I pretty much screwed?

Did you really expect for EU code to work on US account? lol

Put it on a EU account, and download it. You'll be able to play it on US account.

Alebrije

I love my hunting rifle with silencer....poor guys they do not see what hit them. Hit in the head , let the guy think can crawl for escape few secons or let a freind try to revive him and then :

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Its a great Multiplayer that you can play as a lone wolf or with teamates.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure, but revives/downs definitely do. I've seen my revive count go to +1 after getting a cheeky revive in after the game.

So basically, I assume so. I always make a last gasp sprint go get any supplies after a match, anyway.

No that doesnt work lol. You should have checked it again when the next round started. The points/ revives etc. will be gone

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I am not done with the game and will avoid MP until then, but please add me as well:

xxracerxx
PSN: xxracerxx
Pacific time
Can mic once I actually find the thing (recently moved)
I play as best I can and love playing as a team.

Also include a note saying GAF so I know where the friend request came from.

Cheers

CatPee

Getting a bit tired of playing with baddies who would go for the execution rather than a revive and/or run excessively in the middle of the map.

CatPee
PSN: minhtfresh15
Central time
Can mic, but would prefer not to since my setup makes it extremely inconvenient/uncomfortable
I play to win.

Åesop;68164856 said:
No that doesnt work lol. You should have checked it again when the next round started. The points/ revives etc. will be gone

Are you sure? I've checked the scoreboard both before and after reviving during the round's end and the number's gone from 0 revives to 1. I didn't check the scoreboard again after the next round started - are you saying that it will be back to 0 at the beginning of the next round?

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure? I've checked the scoreboard both before and after reviving during the round's end and the number's gone from 0 revives to 1. I didn't check the scoreboard again after the next round started - are you saying that it will be back to 0 at the beginning of the next round?

MMalDnx.gif

I have a mumble voice server. That unfortunately is the only way I can use voice chat as I stream all my games. If anyone interested send me a pm.

Grinchy

Banned
Hey guys, I'm looking to fill up some slots on my friend list with people who play this game and use a mic. It doesn't matter how good or bad you are, I just like to coordinate and have some fun.

Grinchy
Eastern time zone
Mic
usual times are evenings/weekends

zert

Anyone playing right now? Can't use the mic atm but I want to play as a team instead of having randoms running all over the map.

PSN: mzertu

GAF Username: Gintoki313
PSN ID: yooobooyj
Timezone: Eastern
Mic: Yes/No (It really depends on how many ppl are using one if I'll use it so it differs)
Play for fun, plays anytime on PSN mostly

MAX PAYMENT

User name- max-payment
I have a mic and would like to play with a team that coordinates.

It seems to me that they have fixed that major lag/lose control of my character glitch. Thank god

I'm convinced that anyone that votes for the downtown map is trolling. Got landed with it again today, ugh ND what were you thinking...

squidyj

oh my god, fucking melee lag. 90% through your swing on a target? LOLNOPE, THEY'RE THE ONE MELEEING YOU NOW.
I literally had my scissors in this person's face as she was turned away and then all of a sudden, boom, i'm down on my knees with her two by four in my neck. what the shit is this?

I'm convinced that anyone that votes for the downtown map is trolling. Got landed with it again today, ugh ND what were you thinking...

there is nothing wrong with downtown. NOTHING.

Tagg9

I know Cole brought it up a few days back that he had interest in doing some private matches but nothing came out of it... Anyone interested in doing it sometime this weekend? Saturday 1PM PDT, meetup in the chat room and go from there?

IbKhEt4.png

I'll be there at 1PM PST. Sounds good!

Grinchy

Banned
oh my god, fucking melee lag. 90% through your swing on a target? LOLNOPE, THEY'RE THE ONE MELEEING YOU NOW.
I literally had my scissors in this person's face as she was turned away and then all of a sudden, boom, i'm down on my knees with her two by four in my neck. what the shit is this?

I've been seeing a lot of lag the last couple nights too. I even have things happen where I'll be sprinting around a building and I'll be halfway down the alley and just die from bullets that hit me before I started running. One of my teammates was even watching when it happened and commented about it.

Robotziane

Neo Member
Quick question for anybody that can answer. 100 percent failure challenges - do these occur randomly or on certain weeks and what are the best challenges to pick when they do pop up?

jett

D-Member
Quick question for anybody that can answer. 100 percent failure challenges - do these occur randomly or on certain weeks and what are the best challenges to pick when they do pop up?

You get them more often as you advance. Usually one every week. There's two in the final week. Challenges also get tougher the more times you do them(so it's better to do different ones each time), but it's usually agreed that the healing challenge is the easiest.

Robotziane

Neo Member
You get them more often as you advance. Usually one every week. There's two in the final week. Challenges also get tougher the more times you do them(so it's better to do different ones each time), but it's usually agreed that the healing challenge is the easiest.

Cool, thanks for the help!

Has anyone else done Facebook integration? I just turned it on and it's pretty funny so far, but it changed my name from my PSN ID to my real (Facebook) name and picture... that just shows up for me, it doesn't show my real name to any other players right?

Reule

Has anyone else done Facebook integration? I just turned it on and it's pretty funny so far, but it changed my name from my PSN ID to my real (Facebook) name and picture... that just shows up for me, it doesn't show my real name to any other players right?
It shouldn't. I asked a friend who doesn't have Facebook anymore and he told me he only saw my PSN ID on his end.

I wish they'd post to your wall on who you chose to die over who will live when those negative risk events come up. I think that would cause some fun discussions with family and friends. Mostly old classmates get sacrificed. :p

RyoonZ

Banned

I'm not so sure but I saw my PSN friend which happens to be my facebook friend too with their facebook profile pic.

Alienous

Shouldn't do.

I've heard it changes the name of your clan members to people from your Facebook friends list, also.

Stoffinator

This game is so amazing when you have a team of people communicating. It's so awful when you don't. I play online with my brother so we get stacked against full parties really often. A lot of the time, we get partners who probably just have everyone muted. So when we're calling people out or building strategy, they're just running around aimlessly on the map.

But then we get another party of 2 with mics, and we're like Navy Seals.

Yep and we proved that the last two nights. Is Scud your brother?

maybe i've had some bad luck or i am just going crazy, but i feel like since 1.02 patch, i have spawned nearly on top of the opposing team many times. I never once had this issue before this patch. has anyone else noticed this?

oh man yes. This happened to me twice last night. Right beside to enemy's who were shooting at teammates.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Just steamrolled over some randoms pretty much solo.
14 downs, 14 executions, 4 deaths and 2 revives. Got lots of additional parts through healing and gifting. 76 supplies in excess.
What do I get for it? A grand total of eight new survivors. Gee, thanks ND. Up the reward please, or tone down the risk.

squidyj

Oh man, I just had a teammate walk right over a bomb I had marked. way to go guy.

on the bright side I got the message "Things are looking up for peter parker" so I have spider man in my clan and apparently things are looking up for him... because that's relevant.

IbKhEt4.png

Aah, just found out I'll be out then till Sunday :( Have fun without me guys!

GolazoDan

Got myself a headset thingymajigger, not a big set of headphones. Just the official Sony bluetooth thing, cost like £15, apparently it does the job perfectly well. Let's rock!

Don't think I wanna use it with randomers though, will save for GAF/Twitter duder chat so I'm not having to converse with SmokeDawgg420, :-(

EDIT: Not sure how the chat thing works, anyone wanna shoot me an invite anyway if there's private matches going on?

Doomshine

Oh man, I just had a teammate walk right over a bomb I had marked. way to go guy.

on the bright side I got the message "Things are looking up for peter parker" so I have spider man in my clan and apparently things are looking up for him... because that's relevant.

Had this happen too, I carefully manoeuvred past a bomb in an alley and noticed a teammate was heading my way, so I marked it as if to say "WATCH THE F OUT"...

...BOOM. At least I got some parts for reviving him.

Top Bottom