• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I posted this in another thread but now I'm going to be focusing on this thread so we can get some clans started on GAF.

I honestly never thought the day after buying The Last of Us I would spend about 45 minutes on single player, and 5+ hours on the multiplayer. I love good online shooters/online games from Counter Strike, to Battlefield, to Halo, to Madden to Gears of War but this game strikes me as one thats going to be very popular with a large hardcore online following.

Don't get me wrong the single player has been amazing so far, but the MP has kept me distracted. I 'll finish it sometime this weekend. All I've been thinking about at work today is going home and playing TLoU multiplayer.

Last night me, my brother and cousin partied up. This game is soooo much better when working as a team. Toward the end of the night we were kicking ass.

Possibly one of the worst case of lag I've seen is when I snuck up some guys, was about to shoot when one guy rushed to melee me. His running animation never played so basically he glided over to me and kill me effortlessly.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Just love trying to get my stealth on while teammates are running around beside me.
It sucks, but going full stealth isn't very advantageous or viable anyways. Occasionally stealthing around an enemy is good, but constantly crouchwalking around the map is only going to slow you and your team down. Sneak if you know there's an enemy to sneak around. Don't sneak when there's no reason to do so. Good players don't fully rely on listen mode anyways, and sneaking isn't going to make you invisible.

dorkimoe

i'll be on this weekend. I have only played 1 game. I'm a noob when it comes to this multiplayer, but not a noob when it comes to multiplayer shooters

feel free to add me :)
psn name is gaf name

I'll be on multiplayer in about an hour so if anyone's up for a game I'll gladly join. My PSN is on my profile, and I have a mic and will use it if others are also.

baekshi

Banned
A question about the MP trophies - are they largely dependent on your own game play/time or does it come down to your team mates?

All you need to do is have your clan survive for 12 weeks for each journey. If you think you can do it without your mates, then doesn't matter if you do it alone.

oti

Banned
Hi there,

I'm hosting a community multiplayer event for the magazine I'm working for. Feel free to join us. We're using Skype for communication. We're playing right now. Achja, wir sprechen alle Deutsch :)

PSN-ID: otixero

I hate when people yell at me on their mics when I don't revive them and instead try to kill the guy that's shooting at me and them. Of course I'm not on my mic so I don't yell back but geez. They could at least realize that unless we are both behind cover there is no reason to risk 2 deaths.

Vitanimus

I hate when people yell at me on their mics when I don't revive them and instead try to kill the guy that's shooting at me and them. Of course I'm not on my mic so I don't yell back but geez. They could at least realize that unless we are both behind cover there is no reason to risk 2 deaths.

I hate this too! It's also a bit annoying when people get mad that you move when they're trying to revive you even though you're completely exposed. If I'm downed, I almost always try to move to cover before a teammate can revive me.

So many buggy games today :( Really annoying. I think 7 out of 10 have fucked up. Making me go from 100% healthy survivors to only 6... most people are hungry and sick. Happens only on the Lakeside stage.

Grinchy

Banned
Yep and we proved that the last two nights. Is Scud your brother?

Yeah that's him. He's my younger brother. One of these days you're going to hear the 2 of us get into a crazy argument where we're screaming at each other and then 10 seconds later everything's fine lol

Welp, guess I'm done with the multiplayer for a while. I had some good games and even killed a group of people with a molotov. Also I think this the first shooter I've seen in a while where the shotgun isn't so bad, actually it's my main weapon since their aren't very good selections at the moment. I'm still lvl 1 but I have everyone in my group healthy so that's good.

I hate this too! It's also a bit annoying when people get mad that you move when they're trying to revive you even though you're completely exposed. If I'm downed, I almost always try to move to cover before a teammate can revive me.

Exactly! What's the point of healing someone if they're about to die in the open anyways regardless. Might as well get the kill for the guy shooting him then reviving the teammate.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way for the mods to transfer control over a thread to another member? It'd be great if the OP could be updated somewhat regularly with tips, FAQs and things like dates for GAF-tournaments. Right now, it's standing still. ;-(

Roster updated!

I update, at worst, once every two days or so. PM me if you want added more quickly.

You can add me too.
GAF/PSN: BobTheFork
Mountain Time
Just got a new mic.

I need normal people to play with. You REALLY need to communicate in case you stop enemies but 9/10 times I play, it's awful and I just mute everyone

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If anyone is playing right now, feel free to add me: kilgoreisdead

Playing with Jeramii and KillThee right now so we have room for 1.

Playing right now. Room for 2. Add me, psn tag same as username.

Edit. Kilgore on my team he's my other 1.

I'll try to join you guys right now, but I don't have a mic....yet. I follow my teammates though and I'm starting to get pretty good. I'll try to find you guys right now.

PSN: Kastrioti516

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
h6JsO6fl.jpg

GAF Private Match Saturday!
Jump into the chat room on Saturday at 1 PM PDT for some private GAF matches.

t1373140800z4.png

If anyone needs a chat room invite quote this post to see the PSN ID for it and send a friend request. I'll send you a chat room invite the next time I log on.

h6JsO6fl.jpg

t1373140800z4.png

If anyone needs a chat room invite quote this post to see the PSN ID for it and send a friend request. I'll send you a chat room invite the next time I log on.

Are Private Matches ranked? I have been playing medic almost non-stop and still have about a week and a half left before I find out if it has paid off. I would really like to get back to using a bow if my clan isn't at risk.

1 Bomb. Four Noobs huddled together.

Marvelous.

Yes - had a match with Kilgore and Jeramii where I downed one guy then moved aside to let his team mates rush in to heal him - 1 molotov and 3 kills... glorious.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Are Private Matches ranked? I have been playing medic almost non-stop and still have about a week and a half left before I find out if it has paid off. I would really like to get back to using a bow if my clan isn't at risk.
Haven't done one yet, but I'd be surprised if they counted towards your stats.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just had an awesome session with ShogunX, zert and MrCompletely. We dominated almost every game we played. The sense of teamwork in the multi is incredible.

I really need to get a mic, so I should have one by tmrw.

I'm going to do my best to abstain myself from multiplayer till I beat single player, but its going to be pretty damn hard. :x

zert

Just had an awesome session with ShogunX, zert and MrCompletely. We dominated almost every game we played. The sense of teamwork in the multi is incredible.

I'm going to do my best to abstain myself from multiplayer till I beat single player, but its going to be pretty damn hard. :x

This MP is a completely different experience when playing with gaffers

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This MP with is a completely different experience when playing with gaffers

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. It'd be a lot more fun if I had a mic though, but I'll be getting one tomorrow. My cousin posts here and while playing last night we were discussing starting a clan once we get a little bit better and get the map layouts down.

I'm gonna play a couple matches before going to bed tonight. I have to be up by 5:30 PST for work tmrw, but a few rounds won't hurt. ;) I'll make up those lost zzzz's on Sunday.

Most fun I've with the game yet, thanks for the games. I don't even know if you could hear my mic though, I just hooked up my pc usb mic.

oti

Banned
h6JsO6fl.jpg

t1373140800z4.png

I'll be there.

Tagg9

t1373140800z4.png

Add me please. =D I've sent a friend request already (PSN ID: TaggSte).

Top Bottom