• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

Has anyone else noticed how unbalanced the no-party lobby seems to be lately? It seems like most matches consist of all the triple-digit, high-level players on one team and then everyone below 100 on the other.

It's not every match, but it seems to happen often. It also makes me question how balanced matchmaking is supposed to be.

Jinjo

So I just encountered the biggest cheaters ever in this game. Infinite one shot diablo, unlimited health (I literally sliced one dude 6 times with a machete after two shotting him with the shorty.)

SERT_DA_TURK and Tamski27 are their names. Anyone know where/how I can report them?

todahawk

So I just encountered the biggest cheaters ever in this game. Infinite one shot diablo, unlimited health (I literally sliced one dude 6 times with a machete after two shotting him with the shorty.)

SERT_DA_TURK and Tamski27 are their names. Anyone know where/how I can report them?

I've seen mods on the official PS forums point to this for dealing with shitheads:
https://np.us.playstation.com/
The box in the lower right is for reporting users.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone with a US disc version and EU PSN account confirm that the multiplayer is uncensored ??

Jinjo

Wait, they NEED a video? And I need to make it with my camcorder/phone while playing? Yeah, that's not gonna be very useful....

I've seen mods on the official PS forums point to this for dealing with shitheads:
https://np.us.playstation.com/
The box in the lower right is for reporting users.

Thanks, will try that one. Link doesn't work on my phone, but will try at home.

AKyemeni

So they revealed a new set of trophies that are coming with the DLC

Wharf - Complete a match on Wharf without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions (Silver)

Capitol – Complete a match on Capital without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions (Silver)

Coal Mine – Complete a match on Coal Mine without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions (Silver)

Water Tower – Complete a match on Water Tower without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions (Silver)

Recovered Supply Raider – Complete a match of Supply Raid on Wharf, Capitol, Water Tower or Coal Mine (Bronze)

Recovered Survivalist – Complete a match of Survival on Wharf, Capitol, Water Tower or Coal Mine (Bronze)

Recovered Interrogation – Complete a match of Interrogation on Wharf, Capitol, Water Tower or Coal Mine (Bronze)

Bookstore – Complete a match on Bookstore without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions (Silver)

Bus Depot – Complete a match on Bus Depot without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions (Silver)

Home Town – Complete a match on Hometown without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions (Silver)

Suburbs – Complete a match on Suburbs without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions (Silver)

Forsaken Supply Raider – Complete a match of Supply Raid on Bookstore, Home Town, Suburbs or Bus Depot (Bronze)

Forsaken Survivalist – Complete a match of Survival on Bookstore, Home Town, Suburbs or Bus Depot (Bronze)

Forsaken Interrogation - Complete a match of Interrogation on Bookstore, Home Town, Suburbs or Bus Depot (Bronze)

Complete Grounded Mode – (Gold)

Complete Grounded Mode Plus – (Gold)

There were also 4 hidden trophies

And we all know what will happen when the person going for the trophy dies...

2322818b10a5345a89a7f96edd73cce2-63095031.gif

Ragequit followed by ''Error lost connection to host''

Why are ND so f***** stupid????? Honestly, why ?

You know what else sucks about those trophies? The DLC maps probably won't have no-party matchmaking, so you'll probably get paired against a full team of high-level players with mics. Unless you're in a full party, it's going to be really difficult to pull off some of those. I also think "no dying" trophies in online MP are pretty bad to begin with, anyway.

Demetrius

Neo Member
And we all know what will happen when the person going for the trophy dies...

2322818b10a5345a89a7f96edd73cce2-63095031.gif

Ragequit followed by ''Error lost connection to host''

Why are ND so f***** stupid????? Honestly, why ?

Undoubtedly. I gotta prepare myself for it by removing the glass table in front of me and putting my PS4 far away ;o

I hope they add more game modes by the time the remastered edition releases.

and please for the love of joel un-sensor the european version of the multiplayer

Jinjo

Can't wait to try out the new skills and guns. Some of them look really fun and add a lot to the existing perks out there. Time to mix up my go-to layouts!

todahawk

Can't wait to try out the new skills and guns. Some of them look really fun and add a lot to the existing perks out there. Time to mix up my go-to layouts!

I tried some out last night, they're interesting and I think fit some playstyles pretty well.
Decided to take a break after I ran into a team with three guys, one of which was level 775. Yes, I looked repeatedly to make sure, 775. I can't even explain how the match went, it was insane.

AKyemeni

I tried some out last night, they're interesting and I think fit some playstyles pretty well.
Decided to take a break after I ran into a team with three guys, one of which was level 775. Yes, I looked repeatedly to make sure, 775. I can't even explain how the match went, it was insane.

I have many friends who are on that level (3 of them are 999)

I would say don't get intimidated, because all they have is experience, not skill. The trick is teamwork and flanking, since most of these guys like to lone wolf and go rambo.

todahawk

I have many friends who are on that level (3 of them are 999)

I would say don't get intimidated, because all they have is experience, not skill. The trick is teamwork and flanking, since most of these guys like to lone wolf and go rambo.

I wasn't and I don't, I didn't even look at the ranks before the match started because I don't really give a shit. I love playing against better players because I try to learn from them but we were demolished in a way I haven't ever seen before. The problem was that their team worked really well together too. I've seen high level shitty players but 775 guy was really good. Never out of position, flanking, great angles, shooting first, headshots. Done.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Hey any of yall still play the MP? I beat the firefly campaign and hit like rank 12, then I left the game, only just got back to it and man, you really need a good squad. use ot roll with a couple of guys but they don't play anymore. Hit me up, got years of CS experience so i'm quite good at call outs and general strategy.

PSN: kgp11
Timezone: central USA
Mic: Yes
Will usually be on in the afternoon or evening.

Not impressed with some of the changes they've recently made.

New weapons and abilities have changed the flow of the game and not in a good way imo.

Seriously fucked up sounds too. Some guys sound like they've got a duck stuck in their throat.

The new full auto rifle sounds like a potato gun and is all I can hear cos everyone is using it. Fucking irritating.

When you down someone, smashing the gun to their face has been toned down in both the sound of the 'smash' and the 'grunt' for the guy.

WTF?

Played this since launch and not fucking happy.

I know I may get some comments saying adapt and shit but some of the stuff makes no sense. Just smells of shit.

Perfectly good game ruined by fucking about with - I've seen this somewhere before with ND. Smh...

zert

New weapons and abilities have changed the flow of the game and not in a good way imo.

Seriously fucked up sounds too. Some guys sound like they've got a duck stuck in their throat.

The new full auto rifle sounds like a potato gun and is all I can hear cos everyone is using it. Fucking irritating.

When you down someone, smashing the gun to their face has been toned down in both the sound of the 'smash' and the 'grunt' for the guy.

WTF?

I know I may get some comments saying adapt and shit but some of the stuff makes no sense. Just smells of shit.

Perfectly good game ruined by fucking about with - I've seen this somewhere before with ND. Smh...

Well shit I've been playing MP since launch, is really that different? I loved the tactic and sneaky gameplay (covert 3 ftw). I was waiting to finish my finals week to purchase the DLC and spend more hours in MP but now I'm worried.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Some new information coming from the Reddit AMA with Erin Daly & Quentin Cobb
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/255ssk/iama_erin_daly_lead_multiplayer_designer_and/

- Ideas for more DLC are being tested and will be announced if they have something good

- PS4 version comes with very fast loading times

- PS4 matchmaking "groups Allowed" and "groups not allowed" will include ALL maps

- No plans for Uncharted: the Kart-Racing game (!)

- They are not sure when/ or if those deleted objects and gestures (including the Banderas gesture) will be released

- PS3 players will get a bonus amount of parts on the PS4 as a headstart ; tied to the PSN account (PS3 progress won't carry over)

- No plans for a TLoU cart-racing mode ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

WTF?

What's wrong with the full auto rifle? It seems to run out of ammo pretty fast, and it fires slow enough. I feel it may kill a little too fast, but I seem to find myself more frustrated with how quickly I run out of ammo with that gun.

Can't recall if I played all the maps yet, but I wish they had a map with some longer distances so that the sniper could get some good play.

Åesop;111328234 said:
Some new information coming from the Reddit AMA with Erin Daly & Quentin Cobb
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/255ssk/iama_erin_daly_lead_multiplayer_designer_and/

- Ideas for more DLC are being tested and will be announced if they have something good

- PS4 version comes with very fast loading times

- PS4 matchmaking "groups Allowed" and "groups not allowed" will include ALL maps

- No plans for Uncharted: the Kart-Racing game (!)

- They are not sure when/ or if those deleted objects and gestures (including the Banderas gesture) will be released

- PS3 players will get a bonus amount of parts on the PS4 as a headstart ; tied to the PSN account (PS3 progress won't carry over)

- No plans for a TLoU cart-racing mode ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Really annoying that there is such a massive fracturing of the community on PS3:

3 modes split into: Party, No Party, DLC 1, DLC 2, (was there one more?)

Will be really great to have 3 modes with simply Party or No Party on PS4.

I hope they do make more maps and bundle it into the PS4 version. Hopefully they consider it.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Way too much fracturing if they do that.

Is there any reason DLC 1 owners would not have DLC 2 and vice versa? Maybe they could combine them.

you can buy them separately. Not everyone got the season pass

Just started playing the multiplayer and I'm looking for people to play with. I don't currently have a mic but I can use skype. If anyone has any good recommendations for a mic, I'd probably buy one. Looking for a bluetooth ear piece if I can.

Anyway, I'm really liking the multiplayer so far. I just feel like I'd have more fun if there was some team work. PM me or quote me if you want to play together.

Does anyone know of a way to contact ND about being banned for cheating? I don't even know HOW to cheat but apparently someone reported me. I've looked all over their forum and haven't found anything... ugh.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever Naughty Dog was doin in the last few days.. the multiplayer on PS3 is a broken piece of sh now. Takes 30 minutes to find someone in this useless matchmaking system and then you get separated again for another 30 min of waiting time.

And if you're lucky enough to get a game started, there's that horrible lag between everyone in the last days (max 2/5 Ping for basically everyone I talked to). Hitbox seems to be non-existent in some situations.

AND FINALLY.. there should be some kind of penalty for leaving in-game. Block their multiplayer access for 30 minutes or something like that.. it's getting ridiculous

Åesop;117916622 said:
Whatever Naughty Dog was doin in the last few days.. the multiplayer on PS3 is a broken piece of sh now. Takes 30 minutes to find someone in this useless matchmaking system and then you get separated again for another 30 min of waiting time.

And if you're lucky enough to get a game started, there's that horrible lag between everyone in the last days (max 2/5 Ping for basically everyone I talked to). Hitbox seems to be non-existent in some situations.

AND FINALLY.. there should be some kind of penalty for leaving in-game. Block their multiplayer access for 30 minutes or something like that.. it's getting ridiculous

The whole game seems a mess. Any technical issues from before seem to have been magnified. Lucky to even get to the start menu.

Edit: Haven't played the mp and only just started up the game on a new 500GB W PS3 (previously 80 GB fat). Lots of issues upon loading up the game and starting the single player, but things seem better in loading up the game after deleting and reinstalling the game.

zert

I can only play Interrogation... the other 2 modes are people just running around not giving a shit about stealth anymore. At least in interrogation I can sneak into their lockbox.

I miss playing with GAF people :(

AKyemeni

I can only play Interrogation... the other 2 modes are people just running around not giving a shit about stealth anymore. At least in interrogation I can sneak into their lockbox.

I miss playing with GAF people :(

People play like that now, but stealth still triumphs.

You guys must be unlucky because my experiences don't match the last few posts. I started playing this around the beginning of May (as my prior post says) all the way up to yesterday to plat the game. Played 24 weeks in total. Always found people relatively quickly throughout my playtime. I played stealthy and most of my teammates did too. When people didn't play stealthy, they were punished by better players easily. Really enjoyed this multiplayer thoroughly. So much that I've convinced my cousin to get a PS4 and remastered. Can't wait to jump back into the multi again.

Stealth indeed still give you the edge.

I have also seen these problems. Matchmaking acts up and I have been kicked out of matches that didn't even start yet, loosing half of my clan in the process.

One more thing that seems to exist since the patch is live is that I cannot craft a nailstick about 50% of the time even though I have the suplies for it.

Anyway, if anyone feels like playing, just add me and let me know you are from GAF.
PSN = GAFusername.

I've mentioned it before and i'm going to mention it again; i hope they un-censor the multiplayer portion of the game (europe).
Germany pls

...but if they don't, I'm still looking forward to spend hundreds more hours on the multiplayer.

Played it a bit on PS3 and definitely will play the multiplayer heavy on PS4. Gaf name and PSN EASTC0AST_GH05T, Time Zone PST, Mic yes. upon friends request please just put tlou,gaf,ps4. I want to keep track of who everyone is. I am a very competitive gamer who plays to win but im not a dick about dying or losing.

Anyone else completely burned out on this now? Rant incoming; It's gotten to the point where I just don't enjoy playing anymore. In a 2 hour session I usually have maybe 2 games max that are enjoyable. The rest will be against a group of 4 who stick together like glue, basically holding fucking hands, and whose only tactic is to run straight at you. I don't know how or when exactly this became the main style of play (I guess it was with the release of the new perks?) but I haven't enjoyed the game since then. It's just so goddamn boring. There are no tactics, no sneaking, no stealth, just rush rush rush and it's awful to play against. The reason I used to love this game was because of the slower pace and how it wasn't just another Call of Duty or Battlefield-esque shooter. Now it's almost become one and it makes me really sad. If I wanted to play Call of Duty I would play Call of Duty. And it's not just that I'm shit or that I should learn to defend this type of play, that's not the point at all. I've had plenty games where I've beaten these types of players, the problem is the fact that the entire pace of the game has changed and gone from being slow-paced and stealthy like the single-player to all-out aggression and it's not fun at all to play or defend it and totally not what I originally signed up for. It's turned into a totally different game, something I never would have gotten into if it had been like this at the beginning.

Really sad.

AKyemeni

Anyone else completely burned out on this now? Rant incoming; It's gotten to the point where I just don't enjoy playing anymore. In a 2 hour session I usually have maybe 2 games max that are enjoyable. The rest will be against a group of 4 who stick together like glue, basically holding fucking hands, and whose only tactic is to run straight at you. I don't know how or when exactly this became the main style of play (I guess it was with the release of the new perks?) but I haven't enjoyed the game since then. It's just so goddamn boring. There are no tactics, no sneaking, no stealth, just rush rush rush and it's awful to play against. The reason I used to love this game was because of the slower pace and how it wasn't just another Call of Duty or Battlefield-esque shooter. Now it's almost become one and it makes me really sad. If I wanted to play Call of Duty I would play Call of Duty. And it's not just that I'm shit or that I should learn to defend this type of play, that's not the point at all. I've had plenty games where I've beaten these types of players, the problem is the fact that the entire pace of the game has changed and gone from being slow-paced and stealthy like the single-player to all-out aggression and it's not fun at all to play or defend it and totally not what I originally signed up for. It's turned into a totally different game, something I never would have gotten into if it had been like this at the beginning.

Really sad.
LOL

You just posted this in the Playstation forums.

And no, it is to be expected that people's playstyles will change. It happens in all games.

LOL

I did indeed. It doesn't happen in all games. And certainly not to this degree. And if it does then it shouldn't and is not a valid excuse.

AKyemeni

LOL

I did indeed. It doesn't happen in all games. And certainly not to this degree. And if it does then it shouldn't and is not a valid excuse.
But stealth and careful play will still trump aggressive and careless methods.

I've seen it happen many times, when the other team expects a team to rush like them, only to find the other team sneaking and flanking them from all corners.

You can't change people's playstyles unless you cripple the weapons, skills, etc.

And that wouldn't be advisable, since it would be unfair to those who practiced a certain way to play.

Top Bottom