• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

Jinjo

What the hell happened to some of the multi unlockables? All the country hats you now have to download seperately even though I already have the season pass. They also switched around some supply requirements. Now the skimmer hat is locked away at 150.000, the muertos mask is unlocked at 50.000 and the camo hat it seems at 25.000. Weird change. Also, they ruined my best loadouts with the 1 point crafter increase. Bastards.

What the hell happened to some of the multi unlockables? All the country hats you now have to download seperately even though I already have the season pass. They also switched around some supply requirements. Now the skimmer hat is locked away at 150.000, the muertos mask is unlocked at 50.000 and the camo hat it seems at 25.000. Weird change. Also, they ruined my best loadouts with the 1 point crafter increase. Bastards.

One of my loadouts was at -1 so I thought, leave it like that but it was not selectable before the match.

The mask and hat thing seems kind of strange though.

CobbFC09

Played my first multiplayer game today and let's just say it didn't end too well. Guess I jumped in too late as everyone else was level (?) 50+, with a few well over 200.

Any tips or suggestions for people trying to get into it? Assuming I can catch on and understand everything I plan on trying to get the trophy for completing the Hunter and Firefly Journey.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I guess they are never going to do a no-radar/wallhack mode.

That's disappointing. I think I'd really get into that.

Played my first multiplayer game today and let's just say it didn't end too well. Guess I jumped in too late as everyone else was level (?) 50+, with a few well over 200.

Any tips or suggestions for people trying to get into it? Assuming I can catch on and understand everything I plan on trying to get the trophy for completing the Hunter and Firefly Journey.
Good luck. You'll learn alot by watching others and just by experimenting with different load outs.

This was the first multiplayer that I got into, and I usually loathe the genre.

It's totally normal to perform so bad on your first few games. TLOU's multiplayer is really very different from the most out there. I would say it's best if you could start playing with people you actually know and has mics. That really makes a world of a difference.

If not, try playing on the mode with no party so you aren't fighting against a very organized team while yours plays the exact opposite. A word of warning on that though: It can be frustrating as players there tend to be jerks just because they don't have a party. Some would killsteal you, others will not revive you when you're downed, and some don't even do anything. It's been a long time since I played that mode and I don't think I'll be playing it again anytime soon.

Just keep at it and don't mind your initial stats. You will eventually get the hang of things and will be performing a lot better than you do now. Good luck!

Grisby

Started this up again after buying the season pass for the sp dlc. I was suprise that it didn't take long to find a match although it does take longer to find one with the dlc.

I forgot how much fun this was and how tense it could be. Making stuff and giving to your group, shiving dudes in the back, hearing the quiet maps getting punctuated by random butts of gunfire, etc. all good stuff.

However, I was doing pretty well until I got hit with two bugs(?) where I would get to the map loading screen and then it would take me to the post game screen telling me that I had earned zero cans and my strong 100 something group now had 80 sick dudes. Thanks to two back to back glitches.

Gah, completely deflate's my enjoyment. I hope that if a TLOU2 is in the works they try and make the survivor feature foolproof, or just take it out.

Started playing this multi again since I got the season pass, it's amazing still. But for the last DLC a mode I would like is something from MGO. 2 vs 3 vs 3. The team of 2 is Joel and Ellie in between the fireflies and hunters fighting. Would make a great round based mode killing them a certain amount of times then the top person from each team that round uses them next. (I miss MGO)

ksdixon

I want a multiplayer mode with the infected involved between the two teams. I would imagine a lot more bombs, melee and shiv action as people try not to alert the runners, stalkers, clickers and the lone bloater. Would make for a truly interesting game mode.

Grisby

I wish their was a horde mode, zombie hunt deal. Would be cool to have complete control over what character you get for MP too.

Tagg9

Props to Naughty Dog for all the improvements they made to MP in the last update. It really cuts down on lag (and the unfair advantages it brings).

zebaz08

I wish their was a horde mode, zombie hunt deal. Would be cool to have complete control over what character you get for MP too.

There should be bigger maps for a mode with zombies . Bigger maps ( at least the size of dam or lakeside) and a mode of 3 teams of 3 players each ( though i don't know how that would work with just 2 factions) would be a great addition for the next DLC.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I want a multiplayer mode with the infected involved between the two teams. I would imagine a lot more bombs, melee and shiv action as people try not to alert the runners, stalkers, clickers and the lone bloater. Would make for a truly interesting game mode.

This is a great idea. Would make for some interesting dynamic change to the maps besides the occasional snow/sand/mist storm. It would instantly change the playstyle of a lot of people (switching to silenced weapon layouts, etc.)

It might even encourage a moment of co-op in some cases. "Let's just take these bastards down and then we can go at each other's throats..." They'd have to be careful of spawning the mobs, though.

If we do get a fourth mode, I hope they give us more loadouts. As is, I've got three loadouts, each one designed with one mode in mind. With a fourth mode, I won't have any spare slots for experimenting. Sometimes, I just wanna go to town with a machete or assault rifle, but doing that'll be a hassle then.

Anyways, if the Infected come in a fourth mode, I expect them to spawn in the back areas where you spawn at the start of a round. You'll be forced to inch closer to the center or end up dealing with the Infected behind you and risk fighting on two fronts. Fourth mode might be a king of the hill variant going off that thought.

Faithless

Before the update, I never had a problem with multiplayer. Now, I have connection issues in every single match.

I have the highest tier broadband in LA, and my wired connection on PS3 is NOT Nat 3. What the heck can I do to fix this? It's nigh unplayable now.

Before the update, I never had a problem with multiplayer. Now, I have connection issues in every single match.

I have the highest tier broadband in LA, and my wired connection on PS3 is NOT Nat 3. What the heck can I do to fix this? It's nigh unplayable now.
What kind of connection (DSL/Cable/FTTH) do you have? Can you post a result from www.speedtest.net?

Faithless

What kind of connection (DSL/Cable/FTTH) do you have? Can you post a result from www.speedtest.net?

Here is my speedtest result: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3328707565 110mb down, 5up. 16ms ping.

I'm using cable, directly into a router, hard-wired with ethernet directly into my PS3. When I play, I turn off everything in the house that has a WiFi connection. NAT 2 connection in my PS3 settings.

Still get that dismal disconnection logo every 30 seconds or so of the game. It's infuriating.

Drencrom

Naughty Dog dropped some hints about the next multiplayer dlc in their latest blog post.
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/go_behind_the_scenes_of_the_last_of_us_and_the_last_of_us_left_behind/

Our final drop in the Season Pass is coming. It is chock full of multiplayer goodness with new maps, new weapons, new skills, and also a brand new difficulty mode for the single player campaign. We’ll have more information on it as in-game elements near completion.

Woah, didn't expect that! Might have to replay TLOU yet again.

New maps and weapons will make jump back in MP

I hope they make the first DLC free when they drop the second one.

Community is probably going to die if they split it again.

Also, I wonder and wish they could make this a standalone downloadable, PS+ title, or F2P like Uncharted 3.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I just started playing the multiplayer and I am obsessed.
Are there any Gaffer's that still play regularly?
I would love to play with some gaffers, learn some tricks and most importantly have some fun. If there are any tlou gaffer "clans" or individuals I'd love to play with you guys.
Feel free to add me PSN: frankenscrote

MuscleMan

Just started playing TLOU multi (lvl 6) and loving it so far. I need some help and it would be more fun to party up with someone. Psn is Pooh_slinger. Wondering if there was a gaf clan or someone wanted to party up. Help!

MuscleMan

Just looked at the first page
Muscleman
Pooh_slinger
Eastern time
Mic
Usually play in the afternoon. Still learning but I play to win. I'm a southpaw player and you can't switch the sticks so my aiming is coming along slowly.

MuscleMan

Sorry to necro this thread, but I just started playing the multiplayer and I am obsessed.
I would love to play with some gaffers, learn some tricks and most importantly have some fun. If there are any tlou gaffer "clans" or individuals I'd love to play with you guys.
I'll add you later when I get home. I'm a newbie too.

MuscleMan

I've got about 16 hours of online play and starting to get some consistency. What skills is best for each playlist and what are y'all's personal favorites?

I personally love brawler 2. Having the additional hit is clutch.

AKyemeni

I've got about 16 hours of online play and starting to get some consistency. What skills is best for each playlist and what are y'all's personal favorites?

I personally love brawler 2. Having the additional hit is clutch.
I love teammates that use Hawkeye 2. Absolutely love them.

todahawk

i'll add ya, i have a core group i play with that's mic'd up but always looking for players to round out the group.

PSN: GAFRadioheadache

I've added some of you, but we never seem to be online at the same time. I've been playing a lot lately. I do have a mic and I am a team-support focused player. Feel free to add. I prefer having a full party because randoms can easily ruin a team.

Just put TLoU or gaf in the message so I know

Ooo boy.

Second fav game of the generation and easily the most underrated multiplayer out there. Here's a few tips I wanted to throw into the fire for any would be newcomers.

• Running - Anyone who tells you that you should only run in very rare cases is sooo wrong. Don't listen to em. Running is very important for a multitude of things. Yes it makes you pop up on the opponents radar but that doesn't matter if they already know where you are. Basically if the enemy knows where you are for any reason then feel free to start running. DON'T run up to your teammates that are sneaking though. You're just giving away there position they're sneaking for a reason.
  • Reviving - You should almost always do it. But make sure you know exactly where the enemy is before you do (unless it's an emergency like no lives left and you're heavily outgunned). Many high level players down people and then use them as bait for would be revivers. Also reviving gives 100 parts which is better than a down. Don't get bloodlusted and ignore your mates.
  • Shorty - This thing is a god send. Frankly it isn't as OP as it used to be but its still amazing. If you have a hunting rifle this is a must. Hell I run this solo on some maps (Bookstore, Checkpoint mostly).

My PSN is Parenegade if anyone's interested in playing send me a message. I have no mic but I'll make up for it by carrying you =)

NastyBook

PSN: GibbShift.

Posted in here before, but the place was way past dead. Not really crazy about having the most kills in a match, so you'll find I'm more team oriented. I just want to fucking WIN. So if you're a better shot, I'll be under your ass stuffing medical supplies into it. I can do fast paced map run-throughs and methodical paced sneaking missions. Rarely do I run off alone, unless I'm playing with randoms, so you won't see me getting shot on the opposite side of the map then screaming for help over the mic.

I'll be free this weekend after I go see TWS.

sappyday

Is the multi still very active and fair? I feel like poppin it in but I don't want to deal with the bullshit that most multiplayer games suffer where everyone is level 100+.

AKyemeni

Is the multi still very active and fair? I feel like poppin it in but I don't want to deal with the bullshit that most multiplayer games suffer where everyone is level 100+.
It's still active.

If you play in the DLC pool, you will encounter many experienced players.

In non DLC, you have quite a mix.

Top Bottom