• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

Fuck. Had a hunter attack needed 25 kills otherwise it was 100% of my population. I got random disconections for the first two games. :|

Then I only managed 15 kills in my last match and I lost 60% of my survivors. Which is total bullshit. Went from 75 down to 30 or something near that, it's been happening too much.

maomaoIYP

This game has the most intense combat moments. My team had 2 guys left, 3 on the other side. I flanked them and killed 2 quickly, but my team mate got shot from far and died.
Last man standing, one on one. I quickly bought armor and a shotgun. The opponent throws a smoke and stuns me with it, rushing in for the shiv. I recover just in time to blast my shotgun into his face for the victory.

edit: 118 pop. 100 supplies to feed them all, will I make it to 120? DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Lol awesome matches with Scaregoat and College_Boy. Pretty sure we where undefeated. :)

Yes! Great games! We definitely did not lose :p

While I had played some matches before, I learned a lot playing with you dudes. College boy was killin' it with the sniper rifle.

KAOz

Short bus special
Anyone want to add me for some multiplaying goodness?

KAOz
PSNid: KAOz2000
GMT +1
Got a headset, playing as muthafucking Hunters, and try to squeeze in as much playing time as possible. With some coordination this might be amazing.

Playing now.

PSN ID: Krappadizzle
Hawaiian Time Zone
No Mic.

I don't really play mp games on PS3, mostly 360 and PC. Mostly PC actually. But, I've consistently ranked in the top of the games I've played. I'm streaming as well on Ustream, as Twitch is down. Send me an invite(I literally have no friends on my friends list, as I don't ever play my PS3) and join my Stream.

Jinjo

Went in solo this morning and after a horrendous first match I ended one of my later matches with clobbering 3 dudes to death with just my 4x2 in a smokecloud to save the round (1 vs 3). This multiplayer is pretty fun.

Kard8p3

MrCow, that was amazing! We definitely need to play together, and with those other two guys again! I had so much fun! Hope you did too :)

edit: No problem about your PS3 freezing, it gave me a reason to quit lmao! It's almost 6 AM here, so I need some sleep!

Frologic

Sadly one of those games that makes you think "Why didn't sony bundle a mic with the ps3?" Teamwork is so vital in this game. Multiplayer is a blast if you get a coordinated team of players.

Kard8p3

Just sent MrCow a FR aswell. Aswell as Krappadizzle.

That makes four of us. Let's get a party going.

Sorry man, not tonight. I just got done playing for 3 hours, headed to bed now actually, lol. I want to sleep before the sun is out.

MrCow

MrCow, that was amazing! We definitely need to play together, and with those other two guys again! I had so much fun! Hope you did too :)

edit: No problem about your PS3 freezing, it gave me a reason to quit lmao! It's almost 6 AM here, so I need some sleep!

yeah that was so much fun - we did really great.

i didn't even realize it's so late in america lol.. it's 12:30 lunch time here :)

Just sent MrCow a FR aswell. Aswell as Krappadizzle.

That makes four of us. Let's get a party going.

i'm taking a break now, but i will definitely add you later so we can play a few rounds

I've lost everyone playing as the hunters twice, both on week 8 and week 10.

Now i'm at week 11 with the firefly's. Hope the ending is worth it. 60 survivors strong.

OwlyKnees

will be playing in about 20minutes

MrCow
PSN: MrCow
GMT +1
Headset
on weekdays i mostly play around 8pm

Anyone want to add me for some multiplaying goodness?

KAOz
PSNid: KAOz2000
GMT +1
Got a headset, playing as muthafucking Hunters, and try to squeeze in as much playing time as possible. With some coordination this might be amazing.

I think I'm pretty good. No mic though.

Msharingan
GMT +1
No mic
UK Player (my connection is pretty good though)
I'll be playing most of the day

Added all of you! My username is 'AnOwlWithKnees'. GMT +1. I can use a mic sometimes, but it depends on if I'm using my other headphones or not.

Alienous

Me and OwlyKnees seem to be a pretty good combo.

If you want to join in on the mayhem, you can add me. I'll invite you into the party.

PSN: grounded_dreams
GMT +1
No mic

I have sent FR to all the below local people, if anyone else adds me please add NEOGAF in the message so I know where you are adding me from :¬)

MrCow
KAOz2000
Msharingan
AnOwlWithKnees

PSN: grounded_dreams
GMT +1
No mic

I have sent FR to all the below local people, if anyone else adds me please add NEOGAF in the message so I know where you are adding me from :¬)

MrCow
KAOz2000
Msharingan
AnOwlWithKnees

Add me. Myself and Kaoz and J, have a party going.

PSnID: Krappadizzle

Alienous

15 Kills. When you get a team together, the performance of everyone goes up a notch.

Sadly, 20% of my guys died in a Marauder attack. I needed 25 Kills in 3 matches to keep the losses at that. I think I got 30 something.

Facism

please feel free to add me if you're playing multiplayer. my user is in email tags so please quote to see.

Clott

Clott
US eastern time
New york city
No mic
Play to win

I get on around 8, sometimes day time. I really want to play with some gaffers!!

Anyone on now?

PSN: FunkeeFresh
TZ: GMT +1, Ireland

I have a mic and should be on most evenings and sometimes during the day, I'm going to add some fellow GMTers now :) The uncoordinated teamplay can get frustrating!

Whools

I just started playing yesterday, I'm a tad confused, do the left over materials (alcohol, nails all that stuff) go towards supplies for your survivors, or is it just the parts and supplies from dead bodies?
Anyway, PSN ID: hooch_99
Timezone: GMT+1 (Ireland)
usually play afternoons and evenings, have a mic

I just started playing yesterday, I'm a tad confused, do the left over materials (alcohol, nails all that stuff) go towards supplies for your survivors, or is it just the parts and supplies from dead bodies?
Anyway, PSN ID: hooch_99
Timezone: GMT+1
usually play afternoons and evenings, have a mic
Pretty sure for survivors, the only thing that carry over is your armor. Supplies go away so it's better just to craft your items in that match.

demisec

What I'd give for ND to have a "remember shoulder-cam orientation"-option available in this game, but in MP especially. At least it doesn't switch back to its default left side when you're stationary, but it's annoying to say the least.

Gawge

Didn't realise you needed an online pass for the multiplayer. I finished the game this afternoon, and was looking forward to a few days multiplayer, but probably not now.

Is it particularly good?

lancerotomy

Neo Member
i'm really enjoying this multiplayer. survivor mode in particular. it's incredibly rare to find a game that encourages you to work together with your teammates so well. it's interesting to watch people you can tell just started playing figure out in a handful of rounds that you can't just go rambo straight out the gates every time.

but does it penalize you for leaving a match? i just lost a huge group of my clan because i lost connection to host on day 3 of an event.

Top Bottom