• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

HTK

Banned
Quick question about the two factions:
I know it says that the faction you choose doesn't matter. Does this mean that my team mates haven't chosen the same faction as me? So if I choose firefly, I might be on the team as someone who chose hunter but he'll be skinned as a firefly and I'd be skinned as a hunter for him. This'd make sense to stop people choosing the 'better side' and really make it not matter.

It doesn't matter. Your friends can be Hunters or Fireflys. Only difference I noticed is Hunters are Blue and Fireflys are Yellow. Which only you can see so its w/e

RS4-

Bah, got dc'd during the score tally, game didn't count when I signed back in.

Didn't help that it completely locked up my ps3.

jett

D-Member
This MP shit can be really infuriating. With the lag in place it's pretty much impossible sometimes to tell when you've actually killed someone or not. Same problem as Uncharted MP except you have an excess of ammo there.

RS4-

This MP shit can be really infuriating. With the lag in place it's pretty much impossible sometimes to tell when you've actually killed someone or not. Same problem as Uncharted MP except you have an excess of ammo there.

I just go by the audio, ____ down, etc.

But yeah, sometimes it isn't enough, so I have to run listen mode and see them crawling.

Jinjo

Liked the few matches I've played so far. Pretty unique too, will be playing more of this. Shame about the technical hiccups though. It's what sucked out a lot of my enjoyment with the GoW:A multiplayer (to the point of not playing anymore). Let's just hope it gets better.

I've really gotta beat the campaign so I can spend more time in this. I played for a little bit and REALLY enjoyed it. I'm actually curious to know what they plan on doing with DLC. I hope they incorporate infected somehow.

Kard8p3

Liked the few matches I've played so far. Pretty unique too, will be playing more of this. Shame about the technical hiccups though. It's what sucked out a lot of my enjoyment with the GoW:A multiplayer (to the point of not playing anymore). Let's just hope it gets better.

I sent you a friend request :)

GQman2121

Banned
I'm going to commit a few hours tonight and give this a go. Would like to play with folks, so hit me up on PSN.

GQman2121
GQman2121
-5 GMT (Baltimore)
Mic
Play to win. Slow and methodical

Cudder

got 60% of my clan wiped out, fuck.

It's a good thing, now you won't have to get as many supplies in matches. It sucks if you're trying to get as many survivors as you can to unlock customization options, but to the people who just want to beat the multiplayer, you only need to concern yourself with the 100% wipe out ones.

Raxus

It's a good thing, now you won't have to get as many supplies in matches. It sucks if you're trying to get as many survivors as you can to unlock customization options, but to the people who just want to beat the multiplayer, you only need to concern yourself with the 100% wipe out ones.
Do you fail if you lose your entire clan?

Do you fail if you lose your entire clan?
yeah this is what happened to me.

does anyone know if while playing mp it stills shows up as "the last of us". i see people playing but i don't want to ruin their sp experience with invite notifications.

Gaf Username: Agent White
PSN ID: PUSHA-T
Timezone: EST
Mic/No Mic: it's somewhere around here :p
Additional notes: i play stealthy with bow but keep a revolver on me for when it's time to get real

I hope they add more content to the MP because it's crazy how they really only put two modes in this. I mean at least put 3-4 more playlists and a co-op mode for crying out loud.

ND finally makes a pretty good MP since UC2(UC3 was alright) and they make it barebones.

RS4-

yeah this is what happened to me.

does anyone know if while playing mp it stills shows up as "the last of us". i see people playing but i don't want to ruin their sp experience with invite notifications.

Gaf Username: Agent White
PSN ID: PUSHA-T
Timezone: EST
Mic/No Mic: it's somewhere around here :p
Additional notes: i play stealthy with bow but keep a revolver on me for when it's time to get real

It'll say
In lobby
Searching
In xx map and mode.

I believe if they're in sp it'll say other game or in tlou

If anyone would like to play this evening or whenever, hit me up.

PSN ID "Filth_Flannigan" with no quotes.

I have a mic but I'm not necessarily good at this game yet. I'm having lots of fun with it, however.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Yay, made it to exactly 120 survivors. Black rancher hat is mine. I think that's the most you need for customizations.

maomaoIYP

Do they disappear after you die? Or do they stay on the map to get people after you are killed?
I have no idea. When you throw it, it works like a grenade instead of a proximity mine.

Gah, it's never worked for me! 3 times now. Do they literally have to stand on it? How small is the radius?

I felt like it didnt even explode just disappeared. Can you pick enemies bombs up if you spot them?

You can only spot or shoot enemy mines. Neither gives parts if I recall. I prefer throwing them because a person who's downed by a proximity mine still needs you to execute them. If you're far away then it's just a waste of a mine.

Tagg9

I'll be around all day tomorrow if someone wants to play. I can't claim to be very good yet, but I was fairly competent at Uncharted MP.

PSN ID: TaggSte
Timezone: Pacific
Mic: Yes
Playstyle: Casual (though I'd like to win lol)

There's no better feeling then you and your partner rushing two guys and executing them together. Also flanking a person too, when people get flanked on this game it's like they freak out because they don't know who to shoot, lol. Personally if I saw a flank incoming, I'd run away to the nearest teammate because I know I can't beat both.

maomaoIYP

Yay, made it to exactly 120 survivors. Black rancher hat is mine. I think that's the most you need for customizations.
Congrats! Now end 12 weeks with 85. Did you use collector 2?
There's no better feeling then you and your partner rushing two guys and executing them together. Also flanking a person too, when people get flanked on this game it's like they freak out because they don't know who to shoot, lol. Personally if I saw a flank incoming, I'd run away to the nearest teammate because I know I can't beat both.
Flanking is by far the most exciting thing in the game. I've flanked groups of three all huddled together and took them all down with a single bomb.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Do people need to be on your friends list to be able to invite them? Sorry for the questions, I'm normally on Xbox for mp. This is one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had in a long time. Has an element of Assassins Creed MP with the tension!

Just picked up the game, i'm gonna balance single player and multiplayer. I'll be online for a few hours tomorrow and would love to play with anyone willing to work together.

PSN: Moneyman232
Central Time Zone
Have Mic
Semi-competitive playstyle

Gorillaz

Congrats! Now end 12 weeks with 85. Did you use collector 2?

Flanking is by far the most exciting thing in the game. I've flanked groups of three all huddled together and took them all down with a single bomb.

It really is, did a smokebomb shiv combo on 2 people earlier today and lost it.

just tried this for the first time tonight, got my ass handed to me quite a lot but I haven't lost anyone in my clan yet. I had a guy last right heal me up with a medkit. Is that a default ability or can everyone heal each other?

Really loving this now that I have more load out points!!

Got that no listen mode while crouching perk along with a silenced semi auto, I flank like crazy now.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Someone invite me :S Im sick of random level 0 people in my team

PSN: Caelsus

GQman2121

Banned
Just played for about two hours and I don't know. The combat is kind of not good.

Why do you have to shoot enemies so many times? Is that red sweat pouring out of them? With the limited amount of ammo you have I just can't believe it takes so many rounds to put targets down. Plus, headshots don't seem to register every time and the sniper rifle isn't a one shot kill.

It's not terrible, but I feel like it could be so much better.

Also, they don't exactly make it clear what you're supposed to be doing regarding the overall survivor game. It's all anyone with a mic was talking about.

Gaf Username: SpartanForce
PSN ID: SpartanForce
Timezone: UTC−03:00
Mic/No Mic: Yes, I use Mic.
Additional notes: Mostly casual, and my english is not very good.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I once beat three by myself with six shots of a shorty and tight cover usage. The same bit of cover, too!

Tagg9

Just played for about two hours and I don't know. The combat is kind of not good.

Why do you have shoot enemies so many times? Is that red sweat pouring out of them? With the limited amount of ammo you have I just can't believe it takes so many rounds to put targets down. Plus, headshots don't seem to register every time and the sniper rifle isn't a one shot kill.

It's not terrible, but I feel like it could be so much better.

Also, they don't exactly make it clear what you're supposed to be doing regarding the overall survivor game. It's all anyone with a mic was talking about.

You can unlock a sniper rifle that only requires a single hit. And the gun you're talking about only takes two hits when the opponent has no armor.

I've found that the better strategy is just to craft a shit ton of items (bombs, molotovs, etc.). I also have a hard time getting a clear shot at people, and when I do I'm almost immediately converged upon by the other team.

I certainly agree with you on the whole survivor game. Clear as mud.

Oh man, had such an awesome time the other night with my brother.

We were playing on university and our 2 teammates when through the top and we went through the bottom. The 4 other players were laying fire on our team so we flanked, I threw a cocktail at one, my brother shived one. we just bum rushed the last 2.

I love the online multiplayer on this, I would like to see more things done like it.

Sajjaja

One of the coolest moment's I had was on that snow map. I had a sliver of health left and was pinned down inside a shed. I was being pursued so I stayed still for a bit in order to try to evade my pursuer but it didn't work. In comes a molotov and I have JUST enough room to back up and stay away from the fire. I know if I step out, I'll be shot. Quickly craft up a smoke bomb, figure out where the dude is camping me from and throw it at him. I rush him as fast as I could and BAM! Shiv to that mutha fuckas THROAT!

Can be some really intense moments, but still lacking overall.

Top Bottom