• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I kinda feel like I might be rushing through the game, even though Im not.

Im about 42% through and my game clock reads about 6 hours. I don't see how this can stretch to 17-20 hours :(

Took me 13 on normal, and I didn't feel like I rushed. I think it was due to me doing half stealth and half action in encounters. Some of the harder infected encounters I skipped entirely by distracting them and heading for the door too.

Neiteio

I really love the sense of progression in this game. I am still in SUMMER,
the progression through Pittsburg towards the Bridge
is really amazing. The periodic vistas where it slowly get closer and closer are perfect. I actually feel like i've tromped through a city... every flight of stair, hallway, room, and street i've walked through has led me to the goal.
Yeah, I just finished summer and got to fall, and so far I'd say "sense of progression" is the game's strong suit. It feels like an epic journey. I also like the atmosphere -- the sparse use of music, the long quiet stretches of nature and/or urban decay. And the weighty, deliberate controls compel you to linger, to lose yourself in the scenery, drinking up the details. It's not redefining an entire genre like RE4 did, but it's scratching a similar itch.

So I'm on second playthrough doing hard (did normal first) and I'm a bit through Pittsburgh and hve not died much and have a good amount of ammo, about 3 for each weapon. Does the difficulty ramp up or should I start again on survivor?? I wanted this playthrough to be really challenging but didn't want to have endless frustration. Is survivor where it's at?

Superflat

I meant on NG+, doesn't let me choose it. I take it you need to finish on hard to get it?

ffs -.-

You can only NG+ on the difficulty level you completed on. so you need to beat Survival, then beat Survival +

I believe there's a way around it though, people have been talking about a glitch that lets you start on Survival + if you beat the game on any difficulty.

edit: beaten on both :(

D23

just finished it, credits are still rolling and im left speechless with this whole journey.

wow, let me say it again

WOW

naughty dogs created the game that defines this generation for me

I think I know what happened.

I chose the hard difficulty on the options menu, but when starting a new game it asks it again and I chose the default one by mistake, and then changed it again right after the game start -.-

Guess that doesn't count. The game could have at least checked that all chapters were finished on hard.

void666

Banned
So I'm on second playthrough doing hard (did normal first) and I'm a bit through Pittsburgh and hve not died much and have a good amount of ammo, about 3 for each weapon. Does the difficulty ramp up or should I start again on survivor?? I wanted this playthrough to be really challenging but didn't want to have endless frustration. Is survivor where it's at?

I beat the game on normal and chose survivor for my second playthrough. I'm almost at the end of the game.
The only difference is less resources and ammo. I have to rely on stealth and melee attacks more. Enemy AI, damage,etc is the same. Upgrades for weapons and for Joel are plentiful.

So far i don't think survivor mode is challenging at all.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

I chose the hard difficulty on the options menu, but when starting a new game it asks it again and I chose the default one by mistake, and then changed it again right after the game start -.-

Guess that doesn't count. The game could have at least checked that all chapters were finished on hard.

If you play through on survivor+ (by way of the chapter select exploit) all the others will pop when you finish.

At what point does fall section start? I believe im halfway through but still invsummer, unless I missed the text on screen when it was supposed to say fall.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
edit: nvm, don't want to chance (even mild) spoilers.

You really can't miss it.

krae_man

Is it just me or is tape for shivs the hardest to find resource? I'm playing on normal and I'm usually maxed out on everything but the tape.

I was gonna start getting into my new game plus playthrough today, but stopped after the intro. This game has managed to emotionally and mentally drain me. I don't think a game has ever done this to me. I need to just let the game rest for a while.

MMaRsu

Wowwwwwwww Nolan North was David?

Hoooooly shit I never would have known if I hadn't watched the documentary. THANKS FOR POSTING IT!!

I beat the game on normal and chose survivor for my second playthrough. I'm almost at the end of the game.
The only difference is less resources and ammo. I have to rely on stealth and melee attacks more. Enemy AI, damage,etc is the same. Upgrades for weapons and for Joel are plentiful.

So far i don't think survivor mode is challenging at all.

Ok thanks. Well at least I know survivor is the way to go. I may limit myself to make the challenge even greater.

Dany

Banned
I downloaded the game on a differnt ps3 but I can't get the game save to show up in the xmb. I have ps+ but idk why it's not in the menu, no games I have uploaded is on there.

This is probably a stupid question but I've been wondering about it. Will a clicker notice you if they walk into you while you are not moving or do they just ignore you?

void666

Banned
This is probably a stupid question but I've been wondering about it. Will a clicker notice you if they walk into you while you are not moving or do they just ignore you?

They'll spot you if you're too close. Even if you don't move.

So... strangling. I'm a bit confused at its 'loudness'. Sometimes a clicker/soldier notices me nearby, sometimes they don't. o_O

There's a timer for human enemies to spot you. Even if they clearly see you strangling someone the timer still applies.
Don't know if strangling a runner counts as "making sound" for clickers. But i know stabbing a clicker will alert the ones nearby.

They'll spot you if you're too close. Even if you don't move.

There's a timer for human enemies to spot you. Even if they clearly see you strangling someone the timer still applies.
Don't know if strangling a runner counts as "making sound" for clickers. But i know stabbing a clicker will alert the ones nearby.

what do you mean by timer?

SRTtoZ

Yea that might be it. Regardless of what difficulty you beat the game on survivor becomes an option. Easy/normal/hard.

Survivor mode,
Sewers, room with clickers and stalkers after being separated from Henry, Ellie

3 shotgun rounds, 2 rifle rounds, 3 revolver rounds, 4 pistol rounds, 1 Molotov

Any suggestions?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Survivor mode,

Any suggestions?

kill_it_with_fire.gif

void666

Banned
what do you mean by timer?

Try this. With a human enemy nearby expose yourself out of cover for a brief moment. You will hear a tone. This tone will get louder and louder until the AI gets alerted.
It's a good way to know if there are still enemies around. Stand up. Silence? If yes then you're good to go.

Flo_Evans

Survivor mode,

Any suggestions?

I would run! There is some good swag in that area though. Not looking forward to it personally on my survivor play through. Going to try and stock up before I get there.

krae_man

Survivor mode,

Any suggestions?

Find a glass bottle, throw it, when they bunch up around the bottle, Molotov them.

I would run! There is some good swag in that area though. Not looking forward to it personally on my survivor play through. Going to try and stock up before I get there.

Is it even possible to sneak by that? That section seemed like a "You must kill everyone to continue" area.

FINALLY

This game has been sold out since launch where I am and finally after 4 straight days of looking I managed to find a copy. I managed to make it this far without getting anything spoiled so I'm quite excited to begin.

Can someone tell me how many hours I have left? I'm 80% in and the last thing I did was
hold off the infected inside the building as Ellie with that stranger guy

I want to see if I can knock out the rest in a single play session.

void666

Banned
Survivor mode,

Any suggestions?

Just lure them to the entrance. And kill one by one. Clickers will come straight at you. But runners will keep playing hide and seek. Just be patient. Some will certainly drop ammo.

Try this. With a human enemy nearby expose yourself out of cover for a brief moment. You will hear a tone. This tone will get louder and louder until the AI gets alerted.
It's a good way to know if there are still enemies around. Stand up. Silence? If yes then you're good to go.

shit... been playing this game mostly at night with the sound low and subs up.

Flo_Evans

Is it even possible to sneak by that? That section seemed like a "You must kill everyone to continue" area.

I dunno. I tried it a few times on normal with no success. So I loaded up my shotty and killed every last one of those fuckers.

Some people have said its possible to run to the exit and make it.

Slacker

Id say it is considering the assload of people coming into the thread saying either that the game was easy on Normal upon completion or that they shouldnt have started on Normal because of how easy it is.

I steered clear of all TLOU threads until I finished the game to avoid spoilers. I missed that assload.

Top Bottom