• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Man the friendly AI in this game is really BAD. I love everything else about this game except for the friendly AI

and there is one exploit I don't like, you can press triangle when the human AI gets near you (in an non alert state) to just grab and strangle them.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Man the friendly AI in this game is really BAD. I love everything else about this game except for the friendly AI

and there is one exploit I don't like, you can press triangle when the human AI gets near you (in an non alert state) to just grab and strangle them.
I'm sorry but I fail to understand how is this considered an exploit. Care to elaborate?

Dreez

Storywise the game continues to surprise me.

I read some complaints about the gameplay breaking immersion but not for me... this is one of the most *satisfying* games I've ever played... whether it's narrowly sneaking around enemies, throwing a bottle and melee for the kill or making a bow shot... that's the stuff that makes me want to keep playing. I can't wait to start a new game (survivor!) to try things differently.

Add me on PSN if you wanna play MP: koolmoedreez

BoomBap

Neo Member
Its hard to avoid hyperbole when describing how much I enjoyed this game.Haven't been this sucked in to a game in a loong time.

So I think I'm going to do a new game plus playthrough. Does anyone know if the bonus renders and clothes only show up in cut scenes or do they apply to the main game as well? Also can you toggle them on and off?

I think I am near the end.
I am at St. Marys.
I really hope that Naughty Dog does something new for their next game. Matter of fact, I would be cool if they just did stand alones from here on out. So far, this game is my GOTY and I really really lived Bioshock Infinite.

Mik_Pad

Banned
So I think I'm going to do a new game plus playthrough. Does anyone know if the bonus renders and clothes only show up in cut scenes or do they apply to the main game as well? Also can you toggle them on and off?
I don't think they apply on cutscenes atleast not in the ones that are prerendered but they apply on your character for the main game or gameplay and you can turn them on and off but it makes you reset the checkpoint.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

You are not on any real faction... whatever you picked is what you see. Your teammates are whatever you picked when you see them, but they see you as whatever they picked. It's completely cosmetic and varies person to person.

man this game is SOOO good! hehe

damn that sniper hunt and the follow up was fucking intense

I'm sorry but I fail to understand how is this considered an exploit. Care to elaborate?

never mind, I just think it's kinda cheap. Joel just grabs them and spins them around, too easy

Necrovex

Just finished the game. It was a fantastic game. The game certainly got better as it progressed. Winter was the best season, no question. I quite enjoyed the ending too. I'm quite intrigued by The Last of Us 2, and (story spoilers)
I am quite invested in Joel and Ellie.
This will certainly get into my GOTY list, and it will probably crack into the top 5 spot.

Also, the audio is so god damn good. The music, the ambient noise, the environment. God damn, I loved playing this game with a headset on.

And this game probably had the most impactful intro this year.

Cloudy

Banned
Just finished the game. It was a fantastic game. The game certainly got better as it progressed. Winter was the best season, no question. I quite enjoyed the ending too.
I'm quite intrigued by The Last of Us 2, and I am quite invested in Joel and Ellie
. This will certainly get into my GOTY list, and it will probably crack into the top 5 spot.

Also, the audio is so god damn good. The music, the ambient noise, the environment. God damn, I loved playing this game with a headset on.

And this game probably had the most impactful intro this year.

Thanks for the spoiler >_<

Neiteio

Thanks for the spoiler >_<
The bit you tagged is not a spoiler. No one knows if there will be a sequel, or what it would be about. And no, me telling you that is not a spoiler, either. It's just to say, the individual you quoted is just looking forward to seeing what (if anything) they could come up with next. :)

Exactly.
Really surprising to me cos I was expecting Joel to die. Can't say I'm disappointed with that outcome but it ruins the endgame tension for me now

i deliberately avoided this thread till i finished the game. it's something i do with any game featuring a strong storyline. all it takes is one person not thinking...

Cloudy

Banned
i deliberately avoided this thread till i finished the game. it's something i do with any game featuring a strong storyline. all it takes is one person not thinking...

I don't understand how someone makes that mistake with a game like this.
I was approaching the end of the game with dread and the sweet relief would have felt awesome. I feel robbed :(

Sorian

Banned
Exactly.
Really surprising to me cos I was expecting Joel to die. Can't say I'm disappointed with that outcome but it ruins the endgame tension for me now

Am i missing something here? What you are referring to is within a spoiler tag, his post was about his impressions of the game after finishing it, why would you highlight that if he has knowledge that you do not?

Finally finished it after a busy weekend of no playing. Oh boy, my mind is sort of fucked right now. Amazing game, gonna need to go through the spoiler thread now lol

Am i missing something here? What you are referring to is within a spoiler tag, his post was about his impressions of the game after finishing it, why would you highlight that if he has knowledge that you do not?

you're missing the fact that the poster is spoilering what should've been spoilered -
the fact that ellie & joel both survive...

Gumbie

No it's not the original post is not highlighted at all. I read it a few minutes ago and wondered wtf too. I'm glad I finished it yesterday.

Sorian

Banned
No it isn't

you're missing the fact that the poster is spoilering what should've been spoilered -
the fact that ellie & joel both survive...

No it's not the original post is not highlighted at all. I read it a few minutes ago and wondered wtf too. I'm glad I finished it yesterday.

Ah, apologies, I didn't realize the original was not tagged and that you just did that in your quote. My fault for not paying attention. Now we can get the pitchforks and hunt down that guy.

rataplein

so can we get a gif with joel reloading the rifle (no upgrades). maybe it can rival the re4 one!.

iZMHp4iKcSDXw.gif

StuBurns

Banned
I still can't believe we got an action game as good as RE4 this generation.

If it had remained the best of the genre, for an entire generation cram packed with third person shooters, the industry would have looked pretty stupid.

I think I am near the end.
I am at St. Marys.
I really hope that Naughty Dog does something new for their next game. Matter of fact, I would be cool if they just did stand alones from here on out. So far, this game is my GOTY and I really really lived Bioshock Infinite.

If they could pull that off it would be amazing.

so can we get a gif with joel reloading the rifle (no upgrades). maybe it can rival the re4 one!.

iZMHp4iKcSDXw.gif
Those graphics and animations are really really impressive for an 8 year old game.

It's been a long time since I played RE4, but now I might have to get the digital version after seeing that and all the TLOU comparisons

Can anyone remind me why that game was so good? All I remember are like the "set piece" moments: the chainsaw guy, the lake monster, the besieged house.
What made the moment-to-moment gameplay, the atmosphere, etc, so good?

Stillmatic

18hrs and 84% in,
I thought I'd lost Joel up until Ellie told David she wanted medicine :(
I plan on tackling the rest Thursday night, I'm up to the part where
Ellie escapes from David and jumps out the window
, can I finish it in a 2-3 hour sitting?

Ramirez

18hrs and 84% in,
I thought I'd lost Joel up until Ellie told David she wanted medicine :(
I plan on tackling the rest Thursday night, I'm up to the part where
Ellie escapes from David and jumps out the window
, can I finish it in a 2-3 hour sitting?

3-4 hours, yea.

Grinchy

Banned
I am pretty sure I'm coming close to the end but man I am loving this game. If there's one nitpick I can make, it's that I don't like the save system. Other than that, this game is just so awesome.

I was low on ammo at a recent point, and there was only one guy left to deal with. I popped out with my shotgun thinking I could just kill him real fast. I had one shot left. I took the shot but he moved at the last second and I just grazed him. I tried to shoot again but my gun just clicked and he actually said something like, "Listen to who's out of ammo!" as he chased forward and killed me. It was awesome.

Top Bottom