• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just shank them its better

Oh and I am pretty sure you can

Press L3 for enhanced stealth to get around

them.

You should really save shivs... you do not get very many.

And L3 does nothing (unless prompted) afaik.

Kard8p3

Man I beat this game about a week and a half ago, and I haven't touched it since, just so it could rest in my mind, but looking at those pics at the top of the page..I want to jump back in NOW, lol..

but DOTA 2 ><

Can you beat them with the bricks? All I've done is tossed them at their heads, and that's been one shot so far.

IIRC, You can equip the brick like a melee weapon by switching to a gun, and press square when theres a brick in ur inven, which will automatically bring the brick out in melee stance

ultron87

I hope I wasn't the only one that was stymied for way too long trying to [Fall Spoiler]
find the way into the science building at the university. Stupid non interactive looking dumpster.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well I still can't get past this part. I feel horrible. How do I pull the crowbar out again once I switch to handgun?

Just hit square... your melee is always equipped. Even if you're holding a gun, just hit square.

Neiteio

Beat the game just now, pretty great.

The AI on both sides is pretty silly sometimes. Not too long after Ellie joined me, we were in an area with some normal human enemies. Stalking around, killing 'em silently, everything is going well. One of them begins to walk by in front of whatever I'm using for cover, so I'm waiting for him to come around the side where I can pop out and grab him...

..and then behind me, Ellie yells "HEY, FUCKER!" and half a second later a brick came flying over Joel's head and hit the guy right in the face while his buddies elsewhere started to come running.

It was dumb but I must admit I laughed my ass off.
lol, this is awesome :D

Replicant

Anyone knows the glitch to start survival in new game plus even if you only played in normal?

Play it on Normal + for 1 chapter (prologue) then quit to menu. Then use chapter selection to replay the chapter again but this time set the difficulty to Survivor. And voila, you are playing on Survivor+.

Fjordson

Beat it! Boy am I drained.

Not sure I loved the ending. Still, I commend ND for not getting too over the top or goofy with it.

Great stuff overall. Parts of summer and winter dragged a bit for me and I'm not completely enamored with the game mechanically, but part of that could be my aversion to horror games. This wasn't quite a horror game, but it was damn tense. I almost think me being so nervous when playing held back my enjoyment somewhat :lol even though that sounds crazy. And of course that tension will be exactly why others will get such a kick out of this.

Either way, hats off to ND. Way better than anything else they've done this gen in my opinion.

Easy_G

Any tips for actually hitting enemies with bricks or bottles? It is very difficult for me and it always seems like there will be some sort of lock on when the reticule moves to an enemy, but that doesn't influence the actual trajectory. Am I missing something or do you actually have to be very careful when throwing bricks? I'm already 68% through my second game and still can't throw bricks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Any tips for actually hitting enemies with bricks or bottles? It is very difficult for me and it always seems like there will be some sort of lock on when the reticule moves to an enemy, but that doesn't influence the actual trajectory. Am I missing something or do you actually have to be very careful when throwing bricks? I'm already 68% through my second game and still can't throw bricks.

Just hit R1 when the reticule locks on. Aiming is only for using it as a distraction.

Tendo

Been taking my time. Just got out of the suburbs after
Pittsburgh

Spoilers for the radio tower

As soon as Sam started asking if humans were trapped in there. Ugh. UGH. I really don't know if I can play this game anymore. I'm wrecked. WRECKED. And I just KNOW this game will end with Joel dying, or Ellie dying, or they both die or SOMETHING HORRIBLE HAPPENING AND I DON'T THINK I CAN TAKE IT.

Oh and don't spoil the ending. I am just guessing because the game sure is grim and awful and depressing.

Radec

Been taking my time. Just got out of the suburbs after
Pittsburgh

Spoilers for the radio tower

As soon as Sam started asking if humans were trapped in there. Ugh. UGH. I really don't know if I can play this game anymore. I'm wrecked. WRECKED. And I just KNOW this game will end with Joel dying, or Ellie dying, or they both die or SOMETHING HORRIBLE HAPPENING AND I DON'T THINK I CAN TAKE IT.

Oh and don't spoil the ending. I am just guessing because the game sure is grim and awful and depressing.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

You have just scratched the surface.

Tendo

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

You have just scratched the surface.

...you aren't helping! :(

THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR. WHEN DOES ELLIE WAKE UP AND IT IS JUST A DREAM AND YOU GO TO THE PARK WITH JOEL AND SARAH AND RIDE A UNICORN INTO THE END CREDITS.

:(

I might just read the ending/watch the scenes. I can't. This is just wrecking me.

The sounds at the beginning
when his daughter dies really messed me up. Brought back some really bad memories. :( I really don't think I should play this anymore.

rbanke

Finished up my Survivor+ playthrough and now I have every singleplayer trophy, damn what a great game. Tried out the multiplayer and really don't like it at all, sucks that 4 mp trophies will keep me from a platinum in this game. Might give it a try again later but nothing about the two modes seemed fun.

Radec

...you aren't helping! :(

THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR. WHEN DOES ELLIE WAKE UP AND IT IS JUST A DREAM AND YOU GO TO THE PARK WITH JOEL AND SARAH AND RIDE A UNICORN INTO THE END CREDITS.

:(

I might just read the ending/watch the scenes. I can't. This is just wrecking me.

The sounds at the beginning
when his daughter dies really messed me up. Brought back some really bad memories. :( I really don't think I should play this anymore.

Don't be a pussy and just continue playing the game! A great ride still awaits for you.
3AQmK.gif

Superflat

so how do you exactly one hit kill clickers with brick/bottle? about to start survivor+ and would love to save some shivs haha

Using bricks as a melee weapon (not throwing it) kills humans and clickers in one go. It's not a silent kill though, from my experience.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Finished up my Survivor+ playthrough and now I have every singleplayer trophy, damn what a great game. Tried out the multiplayer and really don't like it at all, sucks that 4 mp trophies will keep me from a platinum in this game. Might give it a try again later but nothing about the two modes seemed fun.

Head into the dedicated MP thread - there's a lot of helpful advice there for new players, not to mention a bunch of cool peeps to play with. As someone who isn't usually a fan of online team-shooters (especially hated the Uncharted multiplayer), I'm finding TLoU's MP really unique and compelling.

Drencrom

What were some "easter eggs" that you guys noticed?

Here are a couple that I saw:

-A PlayStation 3 console on the shelf of a game store.
-A newspaper headline stating Justin Beiber had been cast as Nathan Drake in the Uncharted movie

There's also a PS3 Slim in
the living room in Joel's home, definitely Sarah's because Joel said he never was a fan of video games when you find an arcade cabinet

Harlock

Go New Game+ play up to the point when it says 20 Years Later, quit the game, go to Chapter Select and then choose Survivor+

Thks.

I noticed that early game, when you are running with Sara, the graphics are worse than later in the game. Probably because they have a lot of people in the streets. The few enemies was other factor that made the game look so good.

Oh, and the soldier almost shoot Joel when he is down, similar to the last scene with the Firefly...

Dibbz

Start a new game plus, complete the prologue then quit out. Go to the chapter menu, select the prologue then Survivor difficulty. Save, and enjoy free Survivor+!

So then I can start from the first chapter in the chapter select menu and this will still unlock the trophies at the end?

Scuderia

I don't understand the stealth in this game. I'm at the first real encounter with infected, and i crouch up behind them really slowly and they still turn to see me :\

RPGCrazied

Going to get today. Anything I should look out for when I play? Any missables? I haven't watched to many trailers or video reviews, so will be going in blind. Should be fun.

Bradach

I don't understand the stealth in this game. I'm at the first real encounter with infected, and i crouch up behind them really slowly and they still turn to see me :
I crouched from about 20 feet away but moved at full speed crouch until about 5 feet when I went very slow crouch. That usually worked. remember they can see you as well as hear you so stay out of their peripheral vision.

Additionally, if you do this trick for Survivor+ but play the chapters backwards via chapter select, you will have the benefit of having the inventory you had in your lower difficulty playthrough as well as being able to feel free to deplete your entire inventory since that inventory will be reset when you play in reverse. Another nice trick if you're so inclined.

Dragon

Banned
IF THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES

IT CAN'T BE FOR NOTHING.

Going to get today. Anything I should look out for when I play? Any missables? I haven't watched to many trailers or video reviews, so will be going in blind. Should be fun.

There's tons of missables (hell I've seen people miss certain guns and get bullets and be like, why am I getting bullets for a gun I don't own?). Just be sure to be meticulous.

And turn listen mode off and play on hard. Normal with listen mode on is a joke.

IronRinn

I don't understand the stealth in this game. I'm at the first real encounter with infected, and i crouch up behind them really slowly and they still turn to see me :\

Someone mention it to me in this thread a while back: there seems to be a timer that starts counting down once you get within a certain range of them after which they will do a 180 turn on you, whether you make any noise or not.

RPGCrazied

There's tons of missables (hell I've seen people miss certain guns and get bullets and be like, why am I getting bullets for a gun I don't own?).

Hows the ammo in the game? Scarce? Or enough to not worry about using guns? I guess since you get a bow, ammo probably won't be found very often.

Also they hired every major outsourcing studio in China. End credits are insane. XPEC, Exigent, Ladyluck, etc etc. No way to produce a game like this without them anymore.
Yup, Quantic Dream outsources a shit-ton of their environments too. Just too much work when your game features multiple towns, countries or many varied locations. Also keeps the budget down.

I expect the whole "subway map scandal" is probably not even Naughty Dog's fault, I heard that many outsourcing studios don't really care about copyrights when building their assets.

Top Bottom