• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Yeah, I should try the stealth option. I was putting nail bombs in the doorways then molotoving him as he ran in, but he kept grabbing me.
I figured killing him was necessary like the first encounter.

Thanks!
I ran. I ran like a ninja usain bolt.

I perfected my sprint from A to B before starting it.

Just got to fall seen it coming but wow:O

I don't know if I missed a collectible note in the area before summer ends but can anyone tell me what happened to ish? The last note I got with him was
when he and three others escaped the sewers and he said he had to keep it together for the woman who lost her kids, was that the conclusion of his story?

Just got to fall seen it coming but wow:O

I don't know if I missed a collectible note in the area before summer ends but can anyone tell me what happened to ish? The last note I got with him was
when he and three others escaped the sewers and he said he had to keep it together for the woman who lost her kids, was that the conclusion of his story?

That was the last note I got as well.

Wow, on my 3rd play-through and just found a shiv door in Lincoln I never knew could be interacted it.

Still haven't unlocked every shiv door according to my TAGs though :/

Vol5

Wow. I just finished this. I'm a little speechless. What an incredible, magnificent game. One of the finest moments of my gaming life, no question. Where do you even go from here?

And so much love for Joel and Ellie. I can't remember ever feeling so emotionally invested in two video game characters before. Brilliant performances.

I actually teared up out of joy from having experienced this wonderful game. Thank you Naughty Dog, thank you so much.

posts like this make me warm and fuzzy. I felt exactly the same way.

I beat the game finally a few days ago. I said YO DAMN. I missed the combinations for two safes early on and at least one shiv door. NG+ here I come.

AAK

Holy crap, I think this game might have just killed my slim ps3...everytime i boot the game it is stuck suck loading the main menu. Hold the home button and turn the console off and it gives me 3 quick beeps before taking 10-20 seconds to shut down. Could have sworn i saw a yellow light blink at the bottom next to the usb outlets.

Scared :(

I'm also in Calgary. Tried to pick up the game on the weekend. Couldn't find it anywhere, but stopped at a toysrus (Market Mall specifically) since I was nearby and they had a few left over if you or any friends want to find one, might still have some.

Definitely curious why it's such low on stock everywhere. I haven't had trouble finding a physical copy of a game in years... Could be an attempt at pushing towards online but not sure.
Thanks for the tip, I'll pass it on!

I truly fucking believe in my heart that Sony under delivered this game in Canada. I had the EXACT same problem in Ontario.

This is my theory.

-Sony (and game companies) often test in Canada, to see how we take to the product/service. We are a good sample size for the USA since we are pretty much the same, just smaller.

-Sony wanted to test what percentage of Canadians would download TLOU if forced with that option.

-They intentionally constrained the amount of copies sent to Canada.

-They probably have data on what this game would have sold in retail (probably 10% of what is sold in USA).

-Sony can use one of their own games (their own IP, so they can do with the game what they choose)

-They can see that if Canadians are forced with the option of having to download instead of a boxed copy, we will download the game (or not, dont know the data)
-If the figures are good for Sony, that means they can send less copies to retail, and have people download the games instead, giving Sony a bigger slice of the game pie that usually go to retailers while still appeasing retailers.

This is my theory. I downloaded the game when I wasn't able to find it in stores. No fucking way my store sold out of ALL their copies. Sony intentionally restrained the game. That much is crystal fucking clear.
Interesting "coincidence". Did anyone in other countries have this problem?

I still like to buy retail copies of console games, there isn't much of an advantage is buying digital at this point unless you get a better price, which isn't happening on the consoles these days.

Being a junior I don't have thread making powers, but I would be curious to see if people in general would be willing to buy a digital only copy over retail disc copy if other companies pull this stunt with their games. I seem to recall someone mention Nintendo pulling a similar stunt with a 3DS game recently.

Fuck this heat.

I can only play the game for 2 or 3 hours in the morning, before it gets 90+. I can't play when the air is on either because it's so damn loud.

Ourobolus

Banned
Kill counts for specific weapons (like 30 nail bomb kills), are those tags only achievable within one playthrough, or is it across multiple playthroughs?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Dennis said:
Well, I find Yahtzee shallow and pedantic. Shallow and pedantic.

I don't mind his schtick if/when its funny. This wasn't. It didn't even seem to be trying.

Ourobolus

Banned
I think every trophy is across multple playthroughs. I could be wrong about that.

Well most of these ones aren't trophies per se, so...I don't know. The thing with kills is that I don't see a running total (across playthroughs) that seems like it would be keeping track like collectibles.

Superflat

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...st&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

Apparently Yahtzee didn't like the game. He called the story predictable, the gameplay repetitive, the A.I bad and the characters boring.

I agree with a lot of the criticisms in that they could all be done better (possibly in a future game). But the way he says it, it seems like he doesn't want them in the game at all instead of fine tuning them, which I don't agree with. Don't agree with anything he said about in the spoiler section (basically everything story/character related) and Uncharted similarities as well.

I don't watch a lot of his stuff but are they all about pointing out faults and driving them into the ground and giving no counter-points? lol

I understand it's a comedy video but if you're going to discuss the whole game, then there needs to be some balance I think.

Colby

Help me out. Can you choke guys out or shiv Clickers on Survivor? I've been melee-ing guys in spots where I'd normally choke them out. This has made being sneaky quite hard. I'm in Winter now, so if the choke option was there the whole time, I'm gonna be mad at myself.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Colby said:
Help me out. Can you choke guys out or shiv Clickers on Survivor? I've been melee-ing guys in spots where I'd normally choke them out. This has made being sneaky quite hard. I'm in Winter now, so if the choke option was there the whole time, I'm gonna be mad at myself.

I was under the impression that you still can, it just doesn't pop up the prompt to do it in Survivor/

Septimius

You can choke Clickers? Oh my.....

The button prompts are gone on survivor, but you can choke everything under Clickers. Clickers you can only shiv.

Haha, started playing with my girlfriend on my survivor run. She's not that into gaming, and didn't want to play the game, but I suggested she'd watch while I play on survivor. Figured it's a pretty cinematic thing to watch. You know, right at the start, when you're tracking down
Robert?
We found him, and when
Tess shot him, my girlfriend's reaction was "she wasted TWO bullets on him!"
. I think this play through will be fun :)

Andrew.

Banned

Yes you just dont get the button prompts for it.

And choking out a Clicker? Haha, good luck with that.

Personally I like sneaking up behind them and bashing their head in with a brick. Gotta save those shivs for the locked doors.

Tendo

WTF Game. It keeps crashing right at the end
when you grab ellie and get in the elevator

Twice now my PS3 has hardlocked during that scene. :(

Andrew.

Banned
Someones gotta get in touch with Derrick so we can get his overall opinion.

This whole thread has been 90% one big utopian circle jerk that Ive never experienced on GAF.

We need Derrick to burn it down.

Tendo

Finished.

Damn.

I still prefer the story of Bioshock Infinite but DAMN was this an incredible experience. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson were incredible together, just as Troy was with Courtney in Bioshock. I gotta take some time to process all that just happened.

To the other thread.

Someones gotta get in touch with Derrick so we can get his overall opinion.

This whole thread has been 90% one big utopian circle jerk that Ive never experienced on GAF.

We need Derrick to burn it down.

I have 100% confidence he's going to have issues with the stealth. Considering DX1 is his favorite game of all time, I also see him disliking the level design, variety, and difficulty of large swaths of the game. I bet the thing he enjoys the most is the fact that resources are legitimately scarce.

Andrew.

Banned
I have 100% confidence he's going to have issues with the stealth. Considering DX1 is his favorite game of all time, I also see him disliking the level design, variety, and difficulty of large swaths of the game. I bet the thing he enjoys the most is the fact that resources are legitimately scarce.

Yeah but even then, the legitimate scarcity only really occurs in Survivor mode.

Cant someone unban him early? Im sure hes grown a fondness for watches by now.

RPGCrazied

Damn, maybe I am rushing it. 42% done, have 5 hours and 45 minutes on my clock. Just crashed the truck, and in a bookstore full of hunters.

Zocano

Wow, on my 3rd play-through and just found a shiv door in Lincoln I never knew could be interacted it.

Still haven't unlocked every shiv door according to my TAGs though :/

I would have opened all shiv doors on my first playthrough (I looked up the number and I was missing one)...

I would have.

EXCEPT I DIDN'T HAVE A SHIV FOR IT. Stupidpieceofshitgodfuckingdamnit. I was looking dead at it. Scrounged around for fucking thirty minutes hoping I could find one more blade piece but nope. Fucking nope. Stupid fucking game. Ugh. I was so fucking pissed off after having to leave it behind that I just never used shivs for hte rest of the game. I only made shivs when I found a door or excess material (to stay maxed). This was on hard fyi so I was already low on supplies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How could one even complain about the AI? The dynamic AI was frikkin' awesome and kept surprising me all the time. The fact that enemies keep following you to new areas is brilliant. I never felt safe, which was the point of the game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The animation and controls are so good in this game it's making it hard to play other games... I don't wish for every game to play like TLoU, but ND really created great controls where Joel can strafe and back-peddle... playing other TP games where your character spins on a dime is quite distracting.

I mean, I'm the fucking Batman! Walk like you have some weight to you, Bats. lol (playing Arkham City atm and longing for Joel-esque walking controls)

Blader

Really digging this game, I'm on
spring with 93% completion
so I'm closing in on the end. I've gotten to the
underground tunnel, filled with clickers and infected, with the St. Mary's hospital presumably at the end of it.

I can get past most of these guys with stealth kills just fine but when I get to the area with 2 bloaters and x amount of infected/clickers around, I get mobbed to death every time. A couple times I've just tried running to the downed bus to boost Ellie over it but it won't prompt I guess as long as I'm fighting someone.

Is it possible to sneak past the bloaters or do you HAVE to kill them to move forward? I don't have any molotovs and definitely won't have enough ammo to gun down two of these things.

Top Bottom