• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

So how much free space is needed for the digital download version of this game?

I read 26 Gb, but then someone on another forum said that to actually install the game you need double that, so 52 Gb? Is that really right?

DatDude

Banned
I need one of those >_<

They're so expensive around here though

Buy them on amazon? Not sure what your budget is, but I swore I saw a pair for 79.99

But yeah, wear at least some type of headphones. Because your really missing out what this game has to offer in terms of sound design.

Seriously people, wear your headphones, or go purchase some. This game sound is just so fucking incredible. Wow.

Gbraga

Buy them on amazon? Not sure what your budget is, but I swore I saw a pair for 79.99

But yeah, wear at least some type of headphones. Because your really missing out what this game has to offer in terms of sound design.

Seriously people, wear your headphones, or go purchase some. This game sound is just so fucking incredible. Wow.

They cost around $230 here in Brazil...

Is the non-Pulse edition also good? It's waaay cheaper.

So how much free space is needed for the digital download version of this game?

I read 26 Gb, but then someone on another forum said that to actually install the game you need double that, so 52 Gb? Is that really right?

You do not need double he space for this specific game. ND did it in a way that it installs while downloading. You will only need around 26GB for this game.

You can't understand how jealous I am of the people who are able to play this game before Friday. How does one actually purchase the game early? As long as the person actually payed for the game, I'm at least OK with this (I DESPISE piracy).

I just finished the game, 10/10, beyond any kind of doubt. The only game that comes to my mind that could steal TLoU GOTY is GTA V, we´ll see.

Can´t wait to see Naughty Dog on PS4.

You can't understand how jealous I am of the people who are able to play this game before Friday. How does one actually purchase the game early? As long as the person actually payed for the game, I'm at least OK with this (I DESPISE piracy).

Retailers usually post well n advance to make sure it gets to its destination in good time. When I was a console gamer I regularly got games days early. Mama & papa stores also let games go early soketimes.

I tend to prefer a good stereo set up than headphones. My brother always watches play games so headphones aren't even really an option.

LordJim

Just be sheer production values and solid gameplay/writing, the game impresses.
But actual gameplay mechanics, actuall narrative and considering disconnect between story and gameplay at times do not really make it that excellent for me.
Very good, enjoyable for one run, but 10/10s or 'this is how games should be'? Nah.

I just finished the game, 10/10, beyond any kind of doubt. The only game that comes to my mind that could steal TLoU GOTY is GTA V, we´ll see.

Can´t wait to see Naughty Dog on PS4.

Just be sheer production values and solid gameplay/writing, the game impresses.
But actual gameplay mechanics, actuall narrative and considering disconnect between story and gameplay at times do not really make it that excellent for me.
Very good, enjoyable for one run, but 10/10s or 'this is how games should be'? Nah.
Who to believe?

This wait is going to seem like forever. At least E3 is this week and I got State of Decay to play

LordJim

Who to believe? This wait is going to seem like forever. At least E3 is this week and I got State of Decay to play

Different impressions by different people, really.
If you want excellent story , writing and almost no narrative/gameplay segregation , I would suggest ghost trick for example
If you want the feel of an adventure and solid action, simply playing Uncharted 2 is better.
For good apocalyptic story and a better guardian/kid relationship, play TWD.

I do not think TLoU excells at these points, hence not 10/10.
It is still for the most part a 9/10 game.

Opinions may change when I get into the multiplayer.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, why couldn't Switters have been in the review thread?

I mean come on...

The Last of Us |OT| PUNCHING A GUY IN THE THROAT

It would have been perfect

Haha, you are right.

I can kind of see where some people are coming from on this matter, but really there's a time and place for it. There are plenty of great non-violent games out there. There are also plenty of gratuitously violent ones. There are also a few that strike a decent balance (supposedly like TLoU does). It's all part of the beauty of choice.

I didn't worry about dissonance and the like while playing Uncharted (or many other games for that matter - depends on their context), but rather the gameplay formula got a little repetetive after a while "Phew, that was close... Hey, could you gimme a hand with this?..."
I'm hoping ND have managed to mix things up a-plenty with this one. I could have killed hundreds of guys by the end; as long as it's paced well and keeps me immersed then I won't mind. Seriously, who's counting the bodies as they fall while playing action games - especially Survival Horror titles?

On violence in general, maybe an additional option in the game to turn the camera away from particularly gruesome finishing blows or something would have kept the minority quiet. Options are always nice, but when you start going down that road, you risk having to start catering to all sorts of strange voices...

Yeah, it's usually available by midnight. I forgot whether that's midnight ET or PT, though.

You can go to The Last Of Us store screen and hit "download", set your PS3 to download and shutdown and just leave it be.
If it's like how it was for Dark Arisen, the download was available at midnight and you just go to the store and find the game.

The button should say "Download" and voilà.

Thanks. This is my first digital preorder so I wasn't sure how it worked

Stream is over. He got busted. This is why if people get a game early, the should just stream on their youtube channels. No twitch overlords. Saw a little bit of the stream. Gameplay seemed like a lot of other stealth games. Seems this is really going to be about the whole package coming together. Story, visuals, gameplay, etc.

antitrop

TwitchTV has always been extremely quick about shutting down illegitimate streams.

Own3dTV used to be the best place to go for that, since they didn't give a fuck. But they didn't give a fuck about anything, so they're out of business now.

TwitchTV has always been extremely quick about shutting down illegitimate streams.

Own3dTV used to be the best place to go for that, since they didn't give a fuck. But they didn't give a fuck about anything, so they're out of business now.

LOL I've not had issue when streaming on my youtube channel so. Guess it's only cause twitch is affiliated with a lot of these companies?

Nope, they basically claim embargo rules as if you are a journalist. If it's not the release date, your fucked.

Because it keeps Twitch on good terms with publishers.

It's not in their interest to allow that stream to run, at all. How many people were watching the stream? The ad revenue was pennies.

You have to get special permission to stream a game before release. Random guy with an early game isn't going to get that.

It's in the Twitch terms of service unless you have some kind of proof from the publisher than you're not allowed to stream the game before the release date.

Ok ok, I didn't know that was against their rules. That sucks. Thank you for the replies.

ldejqYR.jpg

STAHP IT!

Safe Bet

Banned
an action adventure game in which both the action and adventure segments are meaningful, emotional, and filled with consequence would be nice

Top Bottom