• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

RS4-

Looks like the other MP trophy is glitched; you have to win one match of supply raid and one of survivors with the find match option.

Did those multiple times, got nothing lolol.

anyway my psn: resonating

Arsin

I just picked up my copy!!

quick question and sorry if this has been asked already. I was wondering about the sound set up. I have a 5.1 Dolby Pro Logic system and was wondering which settings to use. I saw a number of options in the demo and I am not sure which one would work best for me. I am in a small dorm room at an Air Force base so if that changes which setting I should use, I am not sure. Thank for any help you guys/gals can offer.

I can't wait to dive in after work!

Reading the art book before finishing the game? Somewhat of a rookie mistake. No way in hell I'm opening mine any time soon.

Hell, both Starcraft CE's and Diablo III CE's art books are still sealed...

Flek

Banned
Reading the art book before finishing the game? Somewhat of a rookie mistake. No way in hell I'm opening mine any time soon.

Hell, both Starcraft CE's and Diablo III CE's art books are still sealed...

its like watching the making off before finishing the game

When you guys were downloading did the time remaining get stuck? I'm at about 10% downloaded and it's been showing 6 and a half hours left almost the whole time.

Ricker

The intro is awesome...played until you meet Ellie and stopped because I had to,great so far,there's a few incredible L3 moments/views as well...

what difficulty should I start this on and what is listen mode ?
Listen mode lets you see through walls and stuff,it helps you when you sneak a lot...I heard it's gets challenging in a few places,even on normal so I went with that for now.

RS4-

what difficulty should I start this on and what is listen mode ?

Listen mode is the "wall hack" thing. Where you see the outline of the opposing team if they're moving and within a certain distance of you.

Btw to get those supplies needed to keep your clan alive: it's the loot you pick up from dead bodies. Bigger the clan, the more you have to loot.

TheExodu5

Banned
I just picked up my copy!!

quick question and sorry if this has been asked already. I was wondering about the sound set up. I have a 5.1 Dolby Pro Logic system and was wondering which settings to use. I saw a number of options in the demo and I am not sure which one would work best for me. I am in a small dorm room at an Air Force base so if that changes which setting I should use, I am not sure. Thank for any help you guys/gals can offer.

I can't wait to dive in after work!

Dolby Digital 5.1 should be a safe bet. As for the dynamic range, set it to max if you want the most realistic sound. This means things like voices may be much quieter than explosions though, so you may have to run at a higher volume. If you want to turn down the volume just reduce the dynamic range, with night time being the lowest level.

Amir0x

Banned
If you play TLoU like you played Infinite you'll be over awed. Pretty much every collectable has something to read and adds to the lore of the universe.

Haha that's fantastic then. I hear there is an incredible amount of 'explored narrative', wherein if you methodically scan every room and such, you'll find emergent storylines that paint a surprisingly deep portrait of what happened in this world as everything was falling apart.

That's one of my favorite storytelling techniques in games (because it generally means less writing with dialogue but more visual resonance, which the game development community is far more talented at), so I cannot wait to methodically comb every level. Will probably have a playtime of 80 hours by the end, since I had around 50 hours for Infinite.

FStop7

Banned
Sup.

Hi.

I've been 99% blacked out on TLoU since last year's E3 demo. Since then I've seen I think a few screenshots. All I know about the story is that they're on a journey. And that it's post-apocalyptic.

I've kept the impending release out of my thoughts, at least I did until I got my shipping notification last night. Tonight should be really interesting. I haven't gone this cold into a highly anticipated game in a really long time.

I can't wait to get home tonight and start playing.

Clopezi

I do not know if I'm the only one, but i played over two hours and artistic level seems noticeably worse than any Uncharted ... there are many things very mediocre.

Viruz

Oooh man!! What a game! The graphics and animations are great for this last-gen console. I want this on the PS4.
ND please DO IT!

Bladenic

Omg at the opening.
i got teary eyed
. This game is already slaying. Played for an hour, have some stuff to do but look forward to playing at night.

Sup.

Hi.

I've been 99% blacked out on TLoU since last year's E3 demo. Since then I've seen I think a few screenshots. All I know about the story is that they're on a journey. And that it's post-apocalyptic.

I've kept the impending release out of my thoughts, at least I did until I got my shipping notification last night. Tonight should be really interesting. I haven't gone this cold into a highly anticipated game in a really long time.

I can't wait to get home tonight and start playing.

*bro fist*

Viruz

I am like 4 hours in. Playing on hard without Listening mode. Haven't run in any trouble yet.
I'm starting to regret that I begun in normal mode. As for the listening mode, I used it in the beginning, now not so much, it really make the game too easy.

After reading all the "holy shits" and "omg" about the intro my body still wasn't ready. I'm not one to get emotionally moved by a game, but I was literally holding back tears. I was all choked up. My hands were actually a little bit shaky. Well done Naughty Dog. In 20 minutes you managed to make me more emotionally invested in a story than most games do in 8+ hours.

Zemm

I can't be the only one that found it jarring that you have all these amazing animations but you just walk off ledges?

Stampy

That's one of my favorite storytelling techniques in games (because it generally means less writing with dialogue but more visual resonance, which the game development community is far more talented at), so I cannot wait to methodically comb every level. Will probably have a playtime of 80 hours by the end, since I had around 50 hours for Infinite.

Hmm, I am really playing this slowly and searching everything but I am not finding that many items of story importance. You get a short letter here and there, and stuff like that, but nothing that important...

Man this game is tougher than I was expecting. Still loving it though.

Incredible atmosphere. Fantastic characters. Beautiful swan song for this generation.

OK, I got my copy from my cheapasses at EB, and I have to complain: It seems the online code is a sticker placed right on the cover. Like it was printed off a computer...wtf? Is this normal? I hate my EB, the inside of the box arts never have any art cover, it just all feels like a knockoff.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm starting to regret that I begun in normal mode. As for the listening mode, I used it in the beginning, now not so much, it really make the game too easy.

Yeah don't play this game on normal. And if you can switch LM also off, some of the encounters were tense as hell because I played that way.

TheExodu5

Banned
First impressions: the graphics are insane for a console game!

Fantastic intro sequence

The graphics are really great for a console game, but the poor IQ is really standing out on a large display. Framerate also takes a hit in quite a few places.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Well I guess I'm definitely playing this game now, after what happened on the Giant Bomb cast last night! :D

Dennis

Banned
The graphics are really great for a console game, but the poor IQ is really standing out on a large display. Framerate also takes a hit in quite a few places.

I am playing on my PC monitor so I am sitting really close to the screen, much closer than comfy couch console GAF. Still looks good even though the jaggies are obvious and jarring.

It is saddening that we couldn't get this on PS4 instead but enticing because just imagine what Naughty Dog can do with the new hardware.

AOC83

Banned
First impressions: the graphics are insane for a console game!

Fantastic intro sequence

Especially all the small details, animations and facial expressions. Never seen something like this in a video game before.
Only thing that bothers me so far is the aliasing. Would look glorious in 1080p with decent AA.

MP is amazing. Lone wolf CoD BS won't fly here. That's just an easy way to get killed. The combat in MP retains the same tension and focus on stealth that the single player does. You have to be cautious and wary, try to flank and ambush. It's not tacked on in any way

noice

might buy now

Top Bottom