• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

ezodagrom

The good thing about DirectX8 is that you can force 8xSGSSAA without any artifacts or required compatibility bits.

In case anyone is interested:
capture85k6g.png
When it comes to anti-aliasing, I might as well add this for AMD users.
I tried the drivers SSAA, seems to work fine at first glance (only opened the game, haven't really played further than the pictures below).

No AA:

8x SSAA:

Squishy3

Tweeting this at XSEED too, but if you open the Bracer Book in the starting town (the name escapes me at the moment) while in the menu the game crashes. Going to test it some more and will update.

The game looks amazing at 1080p. But...

How do I do S Breaks using the controller? I press left and right and the red Ui gem flickers a bit but pressing the button does nothing.

Also, how do you access another tab in the hunter journal ?

How do you turn enemy HP bars on above them? I'm pretty sure the psp version had hp bars.

And how do you access the monster journal?

I want to know this too... I also just get flickering when I use the analog stick and using the mouse to select the gem takes too long for cutting in line at the right moment.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I asked this a while back, but does anyone know which file contains the battle voices so I can replace it with the file from my JP Win 8 copy? Did Tom ever say anything?

Squishy3

Okay, so if you open the Bracer Book in any of the menus except for options and file it'll cause the game to crash but seemingly only while you're outside, it doesn't cause the game to crash when you're inside. (Also appears to be random as I opened it in options and file just to check and it crashed) At least on my PC. It'll sometimes not cause the game to crash and will instead display the book as partially pure white when you open it in the menu while outside.

This might be a silly question, but how can I change the control configuration? I tried clicking on the button and everything's just greyed out and I can't find a way to set new control inputs.

Aeana

I want to know this too... I also just get flickering when I use the analog stick and using the mouse to select the gem takes too long for cutting in line at the right moment.
It's a bug. I reported it earlier, hope it gets fixed. Until then you can use 1-4 on the keyboard.

ZenaxPure

Damn, I was in the middle of installing the game a while ago and either steam went down or at least I got disconnected from it (though the rest of my internet was fine) and the download reset. Never had that happen before on steam.

Doesn't sound like a big deal given the file size, but my internet out here in the boondocks is pretty bad so it's set me back a few hours :|

Aeana

Just got my first crash. Doing the 'Find the Shiny Rock' quest, down in the sewers fighting the swarm of moths right in front of the item. Game just closed on me while I was selecting commands.

I already have the PSP version of this for Vita, but screenshots of those ultra-crisp visuals are making me STRONGLY consider double dipping once the bugs are ironed out. My poor wallet..

jb1234

I'm in the sewers doing the first quest and I haven't noticed any technical bugs yet. I have noticed cases where words are cut off in menus and in shops. It's also really annoying how the cancel button is also the menu button for some reason, because I keep forgetting this and pushing the wrong button.

Edit: And just got another patch.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Once these bugs are ironed out I'm going to dig into this game. The dialogue, even at the very beginning of the game was encouraging.

I'm in the same boat, pretty much. I bought it, know it's gonna be a good time... but figure it just makes more sense to wait so I can enjoy the thing without any issues.

Squishy3

Okay, got a crash as soon as I leave the town and enter the first battle on the way to save those 2 kids. Definitely going to wait for some more patches.

desmax

Just finished the quest in Perzel Farm, and was leaving...

I noticed that Estelle starts to flash for some reason at the entrance of the farm.

I recorded a video to show the problem, I'll be posting here soon

Aeana

Wonder what the new patch did. S-break button issue still persists, but I'm sure it's much lower priority than the crash issues. I hope the update helped with that for some people.

Just doing the first mission in the sewer and I haven't encountered anything odd so far. Need to do some controller remapping though.

Whoa nice that this is finally out! :eek: I will eventually double-dip it for support of course though what do people say, the PSP version is still in my backlog so I will ask out of curiosity: which version would be the best version to play all around, not only considering graphics, PC or the PSP one on a Vita?

Durask

Bought it to support the second game.
I finished the PSP version long ago and I do not replay RPGs so I doubt I will ever install it.

Now can I have part 2 please?

Eyothrie

It's a bug. I reported it earlier, hope it gets fixed. Until then you can use 1-4 on the keyboard.

I'm just in the tutorial. Do 1-4 have different functions, or do they all do the same thing? I can map two of these keyboard numbers to my controller left/right trigger buttons using xpadder, but I have no idea what any of the 4 numbers do

creid

There's also some text flow issues with some menu items where the name is to large to fit in it's block as well
I can follow up with this one: the text in the tabs of the bracer book only look fine the first time you open it after booting up the game. After you open the bracer book for the second time, the text wraps wrongly until you restart the game (returning to the title screen isn't enough.) My screenshots:

First time:
w48xGju.png

Second time, immediately after:
bgtnOqn.png

Edit: These screenshots were taken after applying the 2nd patch.

Aeana

I'm just in the tutorial. Do 1-4 have different functions, or do they all do the same thing? I can map two of these keyboard numbers to my controller left/right trigger buttons using xpadder, but I have no idea what any of the 4 numbers do

The numbers correspond to the party members' position. 1 triggers the first characters' s-craft, 2 triggers the second's, etc.

Eyothrie

The numbers correspond to the party members' position. 1 triggers the first characters' s-craft, 2 triggers the second's, etc.

Gotcha, thanks. Now to figure out how to pull this off... Thanks again!

EDIT: In Xpadder, I've got the keyboard arrow keys mapped to my 360's dpad. For S-Breaks, I've got 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the keyboard mapped to my right thumbstick's left, up, right, and down directions, respectivlely. Seems to work great.

Eusis

Before I jump in, should I note anything for potentially missable achievements?
Forget the achievements (well, this actually ties into that anyway I'm sure but that's beside the point) there's entire quests and even portions of a novella you can miss if you don't follow a guide for them.

As you go to each new area per chapter you get locked out of the prior one, though you can freely explore between regions in SC.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ok, after patch 2, when leaving to rescue the brothers, during the first battle on the road-

As soon as I attack the first creature, right when my guy starts to take a swing, the game crashes to desktop.

Tried it three times in a row.

Soriku

I got a new laptop so I'm interested in getting this off Steam a bit down the line (unless XSEED plans to release the PS3 version). Anything worth knowing, settings wise? I'm not a PC gamer.

Also, can I connect the USB charging cable for my Dualshock 3 to my laptop to play? What drivers can I use?

Squishy3

Oh yeah, steam does have that nifty patching system where you just upload the entire game IIRC.
They fixed that problem like 2 years ago. It only downloads the updated code for the files that are being updated. It was fixed not long after CDProjekt RED pushed a patch for The Witcher 2 that updated a 17GB file and it redownloaded that 17GB file.

Just got my first crash. Doing the 'Find the Shiny Rock' quest, down in the sewers fighting the swarm of moths right in front of the item. Game just closed on me while I was selecting commands.

Had one coming back from a job at the bridge. I now know to overcome my lax manual saving as it eats your autosave upon crash. Again, in battle, during first action.

Aeana

I was talking to someone about this earlier and it occurred to me that it might not be common knowledge: the game keeps 10 rolling autosaves and saves when you change screens or battle. You can access them on the load screen by pressing left to page "0."

2San

They fixed that problem like 2 years ago. It only downloads the updated code for the files that are being updated. It was fixed not long after CDProjekt RED pushed a patch for The Witcher 2 that updated a 17GB file and it redownloaded that 17GB file.
No I'm not talking about a problem. I'm talking about the ease of use for the developers. As far as I know the patching process with steam is devs just uploading the entire patched game and steam's systems figure out what code is new and patches it accordingly for people that have the game downloaded.

Forget the achievements (well, this actually ties into that anyway I'm sure but that's beside the point) there's entire quests and even portions of a novella you can miss if you don't follow a guide for them.

As you go to each new area per chapter you get locked out of the prior one, though you can freely explore between regions in SC.
That's some excellent game design for something that's supposed to be fifty hours long.

Yuterald

That's some excellent game design for something that's supposed to be fifty hours long.

There's new game+ where nearly everything carries over. If you wanted to be a super cool kid you'd want to max out/get all Achievements, etc. on the highest difficulty (which isn't recommended to play unless you new game+ with levels, best gear and such). Just play the game and enjoy the ride if it's your first time. If anything, at least collect those books or whatever to get one of the final weapons on your first run. Doesn't look like you can get all Achievements anyway in one playthrough.

There's new game+ where nearly everything carries over. If you wanted to be a super cool kid you'd want to max out/get all Achievements, etc. on the highest difficulty (which isn't recommended to play unless you new game+ with levels, best gear and such). Just play the game and enjoy the ride if it's your first time. If anything, at least collect those books or whatever to get one of the final weapons on your first run. Doesn't look like you can get all Achievements anyway in one playthrough.
Thanks. I do normally play to enjoy, but for longer games I always try to find out about any problematic achievements, both to see if they're worth my time and to take any notes on time-sensitive stuff.

Eusis

It falls into a reasonably predictable mold (you're more or less given free reign in each of those areas anyway, think of it less like CoD/FFXIII style linear design and more like Bioware hubs that arbitrary block themselves off) and you explicitely go through gates with warnings of no return.

Still kinda frustrating though, yeah. Especially for the book, if it's that popular you'd think you'd just need to remember to buy each part as it comes out, which only happens for the first few parts before you need to go hunt copies from people.

Necrovex

I did my job and bought this bugger before passing out for the night. I certainly have plans to play through it this week. I got it originally for the PSP, but I barely got through it. Thus I plan to destroy it now!

Blue-kun

Just love this game. Put in 4 hours into it and luckily no crash issues whatsoever so far, other than the heavy banding on the OP which I'm sure isn't really anything Sara and XSEED could've fixed. It still seems to use mpeg1 avi, so I imagine it's some limitation of the engine the game runs on or something...

It's funny because it's been a good while since I played the PSP version, so everytime I talk to an NPC I ended up remembering them because of some defining trait. Right now my favourite one in Rolent's definitely the little girl who wants to be a journalist -- always coming up with the funniest theories about everything and anything.

Also, have to say I'm happy that one can just replace the music by switching out the .oggs. Having the Sora no Kiseki Zanmai version of Sophisticated Fight playing instead of the regular one makes every battle ten times more awesome, gotta love that arrangement.

Top Bottom