• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

Corpekata

Banned
Really glad people posted about the autosaves as I just had a random mid battle crash. No errors, just boop, you're done with the game now pal.

Arthea

I couldn't find autosave, and I tried.
I managed to make a game to run yesterday before patches, without crashes, only with double weirdly garbled video problem as many people are having, only a game doesn't run in windowed mode with any settings I tried. I can live with fullscreen mode, so it's not really a problem and I'm really glad to have Trails at high res to play.
I was playing with kb/m controls and it was OK, although I will try playing with Xbox360 controller today. Anything I need to know?

Knurek

Not surprisingly, considering Falcom's roots, the game works better with a mouse than a gamepad - if you take your time to redefine the mindbogglingly inane default mappings.

Aeana

I couldn't find autosave, and I tried.
I managed to make a game to run yesterday before patches, without crashes, only with double weirdly garbled video problem as many people are having, only a game doesn't run in windowed mode with any settings I tried. I can live with fullscreen mode, so it's not really a problem and I'm really glad to have Trails at high res to play.
I was playing with kb/m controls and it was OK, although I will try playing with Xbox360 controller today. Anything I need to know?
Couldn't find autosave? Just go to page "0" of the load screen.

Hugstable

Banned
Not surprisingly, considering Falcom's roots, the game works better with a mouse than a gamepad - if you take your time to redefine the mindbogglingly inane default mappings.

Hey even though I'm using the Direct Input to run my DS4 on my PC, I'm still able to use Joy2Key to have my Dpad work to move instead of the Analogs? I downloaded the program, but I've been kinda iffy about these things ever since I used to use motionjoy back in the day, and Xinput Wrapper has been really great for me so far.

EDIT: You know, I'm gonna try out the keyboard controls now, what did you bind everything too?

Double Edit: Nvm I got it.

Arthea

Couldn't find autosave? Just go to page "0" of the load screen.

I mean, it's not there...
well, I am half blind, but I really couldn't find it. (._.)

so you mean not worth even trying with a controller?
thanks for saving me some time.

Dr Dogg

Damn it! I forgot you need to not just open chests, grab your prize and run away. Even more aggravating they're tied to achievements now as well. Oh well time to go back I guess.

Hey even though I'm using the Direct Input to run my DS4 on my PC, I'm still able to use Joy2Key to have my Dpad work to move instead of the Analogs? I downloaded the program, but I've been kinda iffy about these things ever since I used to use motionjoy back in the day, and Xinput Wrapper has been really great for me so far.

EDIT: You know, I'm gonna try out the keyboard controls now, what did you bind everything too?

Double Edit: Nvm I got it.

I've been playing kb&m and found only needed to do a bit of tweaking in the config utility to get things set up how I like it. Then again I've got a broken controller at the moment so it was always going to be better than that!

Eusis

so you mean not worth even trying with a controller?
thanks for saving me some time.
Nah, it works fine, it's just a little like a reverse NES DQ in that CANCEL doubles as the menu button and Confirm doesn't. Yet you can have stuff like a Recipe book get its own button for some reason.

Using a controller for navigation and a mouse for interaction may not be a bad idea, not that it works as smoothly there as other PC RPGs (gotta walk right up to things until the exclamation bubble shows up then click non-movement mouse button anywhere rather than click on them.)

Aeana

I just wish there was any info about what the patches are supposed to be addressing. It would help us test to make sure they're working right, too.

I just wish there was any info about what the patches are supposed to be addressing. It would help us test to make sure they're working right, too.

Yeah, that'd be helpful. I haven't had an in-battle crash in about an hour, but I don't know if that's because a patch fixed it or not.

Sara is fucking godlike.
She's one with the code.

ITPvVUh.jpg

GOG updates have just been sitting in My Games for some time now.

Aeana

I keep getting my hopes up for an s-break fix but I know it'll probably be a while before she gets to that. I just haven't really had any other issues so it's the only thing that's been bothering me. /selfish

Arthea

I keep getting my hopes up for an s-break fix but I know it'll probably be a while before she gets to that. I just haven't really had any other issues so it's the only thing that's been bothering me. /selfish

s-break is not broken for me... what exactly do you mean?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm so happy we have Sara working on the PC versions of Falcom's games with XSEED, both her work to make this the definitive version and prompt efforts to patch out these problems are highly commendable.

Arthea

You can't select the red spheres with the arrow keys or left/right on a gamepad like you should be able to. The cursor pops up briefly and disappears immediately.

oh, I see. Well, as I said, I was playing with kb/m, have you tried it? It's very convenient with a mouse, actually.

Aeana

oh, I see. Well, as I said, I was playing with kb/m, have you tried it? It's very convenient with a mouse, actually.

I played it with a mouse back in 2004 the first time I played the game since I didn't have a gamepad at the time, but I prefer gamepad by far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, I think Valve should mandate patch announcements via the game's Steam Community hub. It'd be fairly easy to automate this as part of the data upload process.

Since the last update, the game locks up anytime I go to my item inventory. Anyone else getting this?

Now I'm getting a crash every time I try to sleep in the Rolent Hotel. Anyone else met with this problem?
I just tested this, and yep, it's happening to me too. It looks like the last patch broke things.

You can't select the red spheres with the arrow keys or left/right on a gamepad like you should be able to. The cursor pops up briefly and disappears immediately.

Using the number keys gets the job done for now.

Man, kinda worried about the issues in the posts above, looks like patches are starting to break stuff.

Dr Dogg

Well I'm getting crashes now when navigating the menus since the latest patch. It's a bit inconsistent as sometimes after selecting and drilling down only a couple of items will cause it whilst others it's not until a lot of adjusting and not the same selection either. For example I can go into the equipment sub menu and as soon as I select a character it will crash whilst another I can swap out each character equipment but it doesn't crash until selecting or adjusting menu item. I'll have a proper look later on when I get back.

Yeah, I think Valve should mandate patch announcements via the game's Steam Community hub. It'd be fairly easy to automate this as part of the data upload process.

They'll get to it... eventually

Using the number keys gets the job done for now.

Man, kinda worried about the issues in the posts above, looks like patches are starting to break stuff.

To be fair they are rolling them out so quickly and the amount of different configurations I'm kind of expecting things to be a bit wonky. Personally I don't mind testing a new update and reporting back if it breaks stuff as by looking at the pinned thread over at the Steam Community it shows that the XSEED folks are paying very close attention to what feedback people are giving (as well as posts from here as well) and trying to address issues people are having. Though a change log would be nice.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Since the last update, the game locks up anytime I go to my item inventory. Anyone else getting this?

I just tested this, and yep, it's happening to me too. It looks like the last patch broke things.

Yeah. Wasn't having any problems (other than the S-Break issue) prior to the most recent patch, but now it's crashing left and right.

So whats up, the game just keeps crashing for no reason. i am seeing a lot of this on the discussion boards as well. Is this because of the new patches?

wrowa

I hope Xseed will make SC available to a number of beta testers before release. :/

The game has become unplayable after the most recent patch for me, sadly, which is a shame because everything was running fine here when the first patch hit. But now it's just crashing everywhere - at the start of the fight, when I go into a menu and in-between too.

So whats up, the game just keeps crashing for no reason. i am seeing a lot of this on the discussion boards as well. Is this because of the new patches?

It seems so. Since the last patch people have been getting a bunch of crashes in the menus.

I hope Xseed will make SC available to a number of beta testers before release. :/

The game has become unplayable after the most recent patch for me, sadly, which is a shame because everything was running fine here when the first patch hit. But now it's just crashing everywhere - at the start of the fight, when I go into a menu and in-between too.
They should have done a beta similar to what Ghostlight has done with their releases.

Reknoc

can't buy this game until tomorrow when I get paid but it seems like that was a blessing in disguise. Still, buying it will probably be the first thing I do after I wake up.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls

With games as old and intensive as this, a programming code fix might result in completely unintended crashes elsewhere along the line.

The only thing that one can really do is right now is write up what is happening as best as possible and XSEED will latch onto it when they can.

Anything they fix with FC will help the SC release, as they are basically the same.

Zanoh

Neo Member
This game sure has gotten quite a few patches day one.

And no matter how many times a new patch came up, my game is still randomly crashing, even on lower resolutions. Crashing on menus, crashing on fights, crashing on resolutions. Honestly, I am scared to move without saving every screen now.

Man, I was relieved to have things working well after the first patch but seems like the game is almost unplayable now, I'm not home right now so I hope this gets fixed until I can get around to play it again.

TheChaos0

I did my part and bought the game, albeit a day late. :)

A bit sad to see you guys having problems with the game. It's a great game, when it's running without issues, I suppose.

I am having issues with the crashing in menus as well. I disabled the High resolution text again and it seems to be working so far.

kafiend

I am having issues with the crashing in menus as well. I disabled the High resolution text again and it seems to be working so far.

Same here. Crashing when I talked to shopkeepers until Hi Res text turned off. Pity, but it's still fantastic to be playing it :)

Psxphile

Same. Started experiencing problems with shop, battle and camp menus but disabling the HD font once again has stabilized the game, so to speak. Best just keep it off until we hear for sure it's been fixed.

Same. Started experiencing problems with shop, battle and camp menus but disabling the HD font once again has stabilized the game, so to speak. Best just keep it off until we hear for sure it's been fixed.

Oh it's the font again? Well, at least we have a workaround until it's fixed, glad to hear it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I think they kind of did, but it was only a couple people. Having a bigger pool of people testing it out before launch would probably help, I can understand why they might not be interested in that approach though.

Probably still better than getting a reputation for releasing games as betas.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Same here. Tried buying food from the bar. Accessing the menu also crashes the game.

EDIT:Like some people said, switching off the HD font works and stops the crashing.

Top Bottom